LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do diapers make you less social?

To be fair, I never had many friends as we moved a lot when I was a kid, and the final move to Alabama happened after I had left school, so I don't have school friends down here. I'm an indoor cat and homebody for sure, but I wonder if I would more social if I didn't have a "cuddle in bed and relax by myself" kind of lifestyle?

Do diapers make you less social? Or more so if you go to meetups?

• Like 1

I'm less likely to contact friends now I'm wearing all the time.  On the other hand I go to more AB meets now.  It's swings and roundabouts really.  I hope I'll end up with more friends on the AB circuit rather than vanilla.

• Like 1

Ive always been a social person..... but it has made more insecure at times.... i would love to go to an adbl store like in indiana but im too afraid too.... plus i would have to get my husband to go. Idk how he would feel about going to a adult baby store lol 

• Like 1

I get really introverted when I wear diapers. Lately I’ve been better about hanging out with friends on a whim on days that I wear, so I take it off and clean up knowing that spending time with friends is good and healthy. Other times it can really seem like a hassle since I view wearing opportunities as something that I’ve earned for myself.

having alone time can be really beneficial for me, but finding the balance between relaxing and getting “diaper tunnel vision” can be a real challenge. What I mean by that is sometimes when I wear the only thing I can think about are diapers and it can become a weird self centered thing.

I've definitely worked on being comfortable in social settings while wearing diapers. One of my concerns starting out on a 24/7 path was that wearing a diaper would make me excessively self-conscious, or that I wouldn't "be myself" when I was in one - maybe wouldn't speak up as much or be as outgoing. However, for me, wearing a diaper is like a mood-altering drug, and I definitely always feel better in a diaper. So, once I pushed through my initial trepidation, and became more confident and comfortable wearing diapers under all circumstances, I believe that diapers have either not had any effect, or, very little, on how social I am willing to be. Being in a better mood makes me more social, if anything, although obviously, I also love luxuriating on the couch or in bed in just a diaper, maybe with a good book. But because I wear them all the time, I don't need to cancel or avoid socializing, because I want some "diaper time", because all the time is diaper time for me. That's part of the reason I went 24/7 - wanting to make private time for wearing diapers was causing me to find excuses to be away from my family. I no longer do that. 

All of what I'm talking about is in regards to socializing with "vanilla" friends and family, however - I haven't been social at all with anyone from the ABDL world, except for here. I haven't been to a munch or met up with anyone yet. I did attend a couple of events at Rearz, back when one could stage public events - a Halloween party and a warehouse sale where they had a guest speaker. Both were nerve-wracking, but afterwards, I was glad I went. I didn't really meet anyone, per se, in terms of coming back with someone's contact information, but I did have some conversations and shake some hands (back when it was permissible to shake hands...). I did reach out to someone I have chatted with here who leaves fairly close to where I do, and we have a tentative plan to maybe have a coffee or something, the next time I travel out their way. I am looking forward to that. 

Well for me, I think my answer is gonna be very complex. As a kid I would always get really bad social anxiety. And my brother didn't help any either as he would always pick on me, so as a kid I thought people would do the same. I was a very impressionable kid. But I've always believed you could be the person you want to be, so I always worked really hard in overcoming social anxiety. And I think I've done that primarily through meditation and it really helped.☺️ I always wanted to be a social person because I saw how happy it always made people and I wanted that too. And I felt like I was missing out.? Anyway, having said all that, I don't think not being social has anything to do with weather you wear undies or diapies. LOL!?? And for me personally it doesn't. Primarily because I don't care what people think anymore and with that mindset I'm free. If someone doesn't like it that's their problem not mine. And I feel like I'm my own person!☺️???❤️?????????❤️

• Like 1

That is an excellent question and I can see a bevy of different possible answers based upon individuals.  First, I only wear a couple times a week, and never around people I know or friends.  I time my days off work when I have the house to myself to have a day of diaper time.  Sometimes things come up, either having to go somewhere or a friend wanting to get together.  When that happens, I usually postpone my diaper day until some other time.

There are probably many people like me.  There are others who probably don't want people they know to find out and depending on how often they wear, they may be more withdrawn and reserved about going out with friends or people when they are in a full diaper mood.

There are others who wear all the time and really don't care who knows about it.  They would probably be the ones who aren't any different and are just as social as they would be had they not worn diapers.

There might be many who are incontinent and really don't want people to know and do all they can to be discreet about it.  I'm sure they have learned to live a normal life and probably some people know about the diapers and incontinence already, but they might be less apt to go to large parties or socialize with new people or those they don't know.  Maybe not.

Some might be so into diapers and don't care who knows that they will want to get out and socialize with anybody just for the personal thrill of possibly being discovered wearing diapers and maybe having someone ask about it or the idea of getting into a discussion with someone new who doesn't already know they wear diapers.

I have said this before and I know some of you know what's coming.  It's up to each person to decide how they want to live their life and how much time they spend in diapers.  I feel if a person gets to the point where they would rather stay home and play baby or wear their diapers than go out with friends or coworkers it might be out of control.  I have a regular life outside of diapers and I would miss out on a lot of fun doing things with friends, family, coworkers and others if I let the fetish take over to the point I stop socializing with others because I'd rather stay home and wear my diapers. 

I’ve always been strongly biased towards introversion. 

Similar to @Little Sherri, I went 24/7 some years ago and one of the driving factors was to remove having to make a “choice” between wearing nappies and living life doing normal things.  Now I do normal things and it’s just my choice of underwear that is abnormal.

I suspect otherwise I would more often prioritise diapered seclusion over undiapered bonhomie.  As @rusty pins suggests, I accept that this MAY be evidence of something that has spun out of control but I much prefer 24/7 near-normality to episodic misery.

All my “in real life” friends are vanilla.  There are people in this and other similar places that I would very much like to integrate into my standard social set but I fear that my beloved would pose a significant barrier to this.  She would automatically assume some kind of group kink sex party (absolutely NOT correct) and accordingly, go ballistic…  I’ve put this into my “future problems” bucket for now.

I used to be very social.  When I quit drinking alcohol 10 years ago I stopped some social behavior.  When I started having to wear diapers I stopped being social a little more.  Since the pandemic I have lost pretty much all desire to socialize.  Bit by bit over the last decade I have lost my love of humanity.  Now a days I prefer to avoid humanity.

• Like 1
On 8/25/2021 at 10:43 PM, oznl said:

I’ve always been strongly biased towards introversion. 

Similar to @Little Sherri, I went 24/7 some years ago and one of the driving factors was to remove having to make a “choice” between wearing nappies and living life doing normal things.  Now I do normal things and it’s just my choice of underwear that is abnormal.

I suspect otherwise I would more often prioritise diapered seclusion over undiapered bonhomie.  As @rusty pins suggests, I accept that this MAY be evidence of something that has spun out of control but I much prefer 24/7 near-normality to episodic misery.

All my “in real life” friends are vanilla.  There are people in this and other similar places that I would very much like to integrate into my standard social set but I fear that my beloved would pose a significant barrier to this.  She would automatically assume some kind of group kink sex party (absolutely NOT correct) and accordingly, go ballistic…  I’ve put this into my “future problems” bucket for now.

I'm very similar to you.  Diapers might have had an affect on my social life when I only wore occassionally.   Now I pretty much wear all the time- and live my life as well as I can.    Admittingly- I do find myself staying at home more often now, but that's 100% pandemic related- and the fact that I have a valid excuse not to leave the house.  But my social life is not affected by my need/desire of diapers.

My sex life is definitely affected, but that's what hands are for.

Contrary to popular belief, I'm not the most social person around ?. I prefer to be by myself, but I go out and about quite a bit too, just solo. 

It's not the diapers that add to lack f socialization, but what might or might not be 'in' them that causes issues. ? Damp or wet, is fine as long as there is no odor...stale pee smell can really reek!

Poopy diapers really do get in the way of any sociaization activities, dont want to be exposing others to that kind of event! ?

Like salted caramel, over the years I have really lost what ever was left of any interest in being around others. I have my hobbies and other interests, joined clubs and such, where there is a mutual interest in the subject matter, but general socializing....forget it. People in general just plain suck...so I do what I can to avoid them. Diapers have nothing to do with it. 

But in thinking about it, that might be one of the reasons I do what I do, as an avoidence mechinism. Having a poopy diaper ( or anything else) kind of forces me away from others...( For thier own good of coarse) and keeps me safe...and protected n a way.

Diapers dont make anti social, or affect my "social life" ( such as it is), my past history of being mistreated and abused psycologically and emotionally is why I prefer to be alone...

Diapers can just give me yet another excuse to remain single and alone!! ????

I am not very social that much it true, whether it is related to me wearing diapers, I don’t know, for I feel I can do everything I want wearing them. Other than that I am no good in small talk and I find it hard to keep conversations going. I hate it if a conversation drops dead and most of the time I feel it is my fault. If somebody asks me a question I will answer it straight forward and most of the time that is the end of it. On the other hand I can talk for hours if it has my interest for instance my work and especially if I am building and developing new machines but no small talk.

I'm a very social person. Over the 67 years I've existed I probably have lived alone for less than a couple years. Being in diapers full time hasn't changed that at all. This isn't surprising to me at all because your personality isn't something that can be changed by outside influence easily if at all.

I have an advantage being M2F transgender. I had to go through therapy and complete a transition from a masculine looking man to a somewhat passable female. Over the course of my transition I had to learn how to deal with strangers in public settings that realized I was transgender. In order to live my life, I had to be comfortable with people "knowing" whether they were supportive or not. I treat my incontinence in the exact same manner. I'm just living my life and if someone notices I'm wearing a diaper it's no different to someone noticing I'm trans. If someone has a problem with me being in diapers it's their problem not mine. If they are vocal about it I will just tell them how sorry I am that they are struggling with it and they can get help for it if they choose to.

Hugs, Freta

Wearing diapers has no impact on socialization; I wear at work around colleagues, friends, family, shopping,  and no one knows...at least I don't think they know, except for my wife. 

Back in my early 20's late teens. i would not wear around friend and that is because the old attends would crinkle and u could hear that. but once diaper plastic got softer and quieter i would wear around friend and family. out of the last 20 some years i have never had some ask if i was wearing a diaper. Even my doctors i have to remind i wear. But the old i get the less i care if some one knows i wear or not. but i don't show my diaper off, i don't need the extra attention.

No real effect on me. I'm not big on large social gatherings with the exception of furry meetups on account from having a short temper so I like to avoid situations that could place me in a bad position. For some reason I'm much more relaxed and comfortable while fursuiting. Probably why I like online gaming, I  can socialize but if things get tense I can just log out and play something else. But no, wearing doesn't make me less social, I think it made me more social.