LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What was the first diaper you ever used

There a few i consider my firsts. My first post potty training- my cousin's Huggies when i was 5. I stole them and peed them. They had Pooh Bear on em. First diapers i bought myself- Pampers Easy Ups at 13. The old Sesame street ones. First adult diaper i wore- Bambinos a daddy made me wear at 18

As a child, unused flannel cloth nappies/plastic pants repurposed from (unused) supplies for younger siblings.  Later, after siblings were trained, an old towel pinned on with plastic pants fashioned from a plastic shopping bag.  First disposable was a Depends belted undergarment which was utterly and completely useless.

Makeshift diapers at around age seven involved pinning an undershirt between my legs. I couldn't actually wet it. Then I graduated to terry cloth towels. By the time I reached my teens, I discovered putting plastic trash bags over the towels and was able to wet them when I played hooky from school (while my mother was in college). As an adult now with my own house, I make cloth diapers out of actual diaper flannel with a terry cloth soaker sewn in and Zorb3 boosters. I make waterproof pants out of PUL that is designed for just that purpose.

• Like 1

My first true foray back into diapers was with Goodnites, back when I could actually still fit into them properly. Sadly puberty hadn’t 100% run its course, so I was still kind of on the smaller side back then.

It was a throw-away called "Buddies". The first cloth diaper was one fomr Carolyn's Kids

Dry nights pj pants! Think I waited around a hour for the pharmacy to clear before I had the courage to go in! Think I was 13! Was 20 or so years ago when they were plain white. 

In 1987 I got out on my own and bought a box of XL Pampers.
They just came out and I was excited to be able to wear diapers again.
They almost fit but then again they didn't stretch like today's Pampers do.
So I had to either stuff them in my undies or use tape to wear them.
It didn't matter. I loved Pampers as a Toddler and still love them.?

Edit: Reading this thread is making me feel old. LOL
Mentions of Pull-Ups and GoodNites by the younger generation...
Pull-Ups came on the scene in 1989. GoodNites in 1994.
Toddler Pampers came in a purple/pink box back in the day.
Also, Pampers needed diaper pins until about 1972 before tapes.

1987 XL Pampers DD.jpgVintage Toddler Pampers 027.jpg

• Like 2

Around 3rd grade, I used my mom's belted kotex maxi pads.  I also tried on frilly snap plastic pants, which barely fit.  I got caught with maxi's between my bunk bed boards. "You don't need these." 

Around '89, I tried Depends green plastic and Attends.  Eventually settled on their undergarments for years.  Eventually switched to Attends and Walmart underwear.  Also used Walmart undergarments for a couple years.  I found i need more absorption, so underwear was the way to go.  I dabble and try briefs recently.  They are awfully comfortable.

Started with the cheap store brands in 2016, found out how bad some really were (and feel sorry for people who need protection that buy them), found out about ABU and used theirs and Molicare, would like to try ABU's new Simples..

• Like 1
2 hours ago, olympus said:

My first adult diaper was the old green depends. They worked OK. I did like that they had 6 tapes. Made them more secure in my opinion.

s-l1600.jpg

As best as I can recall, these relics were also my first adult diaper. Great to have so many choices now.

Not entirely on purpose, girls Huggies Supreme. (I was using a sandwich bag “catheter” because astronauts used a “squirt in the bag” system.) Purposely, Large and Extra Large Goodnites. 

Edited by astrodiaper
Punctuation correction.

My first diaper I wore was when I was 10 years old and I had to wear diapers at night. It was a light baby blue medical diaper. It was comfortable? but I don't remember it being very absorbent unfortunately.?? As a matter of fact I remember it leaking a lot at night, I hated that. It leaked because at the time I was fat and the diapers didn't fit me very well, but I always enjoyed the diaper changes in the morning.?☺️?????

12 minutes ago, babybub said:

White plastic backed Depends for me.

Depends are awful!? They're the worst. They barely hold any pee-pee at all. They definitely would make me a fussy baby!??????

On 6/14/2021 at 5:16 PM, Little Christine said:

It was a throw-away called "Buddies". 

...yep, I used those too either mid to late '80s/early '90s. Also they had those "Ambeeze" which were identical to the very first early '70s Pampers. They were two tape, all white, rectangular & also wing folded.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, babypb said:

...yep, I used those too either mid to late '80s/early '90s. Also they had those "Ambeeze" which were identical to the very first early '70s Pampers. They were two tape, all white, rectangular & also wing folded.

And about as absorbent as a single square of toilet paper - one ply!

Tena slip maxi plastic backed, first diapers i tried and currently still my favo diapers to use. I think i was about 20 when i first tried them. But i dont really remember much of how it was just that i was pretty excited to finally be able to put one on.