LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pampers or Huggies?

I've thought about this for awhile now. Which do you guys prefer, pampers or Huggies and why? And which do you think is better? I myself lean more towards Huggies just because it's the diaper I grew up in, but I also like pampers too. So I'm not sure which one I love better.??♥️?

I’m from before, the big disposable revolution. I grew up with cloth, and plastic panties. But, I would go with the Pampers diapers. They were the first, to really push disposable diapers on the market. Besides, they were the ones I use to buy, and put several together, so they would fit me. The old school flat ones. Thick night time, toddler size! ? I wonder how many Mom’s, used the thicker night diapers on their kids during the day? Not to mention sticking a booster in! 

• Like 2

Never wore disposable diapers as a kid.  It was always cloth diapers and plastic pants until I was out of them before age 6 (wore at night for bedwetting).  Neither are a factor in my life as baby diapers don't mean a thing to me.  It's adult disposable diapers I wear.

• Like 1

Pampers for me, because I grew up in them in the 1980's, primarily plain white ones. Although I do have a soft spot for Huggies and Luvs, because they came to greater prominence, at least in my recollection, sometime after I outgrew needing to wear diapers, but, right around the time that I was coming to terms with the fact that I still wanted to wear them. So I would see the commercials for Huggies and Luvs, as an 11 or 12 year-old, and wish that I could fit into them.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

I've thought about this for awhile now. Which do you guys prefer, pampers or Huggies and why? And which do you think is better? I myself lean more towards Huggies just because it's the diaper I grew up in, but I also like pampers too. So I'm not sure which one I love better.??♥️?

@BabySpiderBoy

I was born in '72, so both me and my brother were in Pampers from that era:  I think it was the pink box ;)

Brian

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

@BabySpiderBoy

I was born in '72, so both me and my brother were in Pampers from that era:  I think it was the pink box ;)

Brian

I didn't know Pampers existed in the 70s, cool!? I thought they came out in the 80s.?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Rachael-Little said:

I believe   Curiety had the first disposable on the market in the mid 60s 

Wow! That's awesome! Thanks!??

1 hour ago, Rachael-Little said:

I believe   Curiety had the first disposable on the market in the mid 60s 

@Rachael-Little

I believe that Pampers came out in like '66 or so, and they were like the first "disposable" diaper on the market:  Curity most likely had a cloth diaper out in the '60's as well, and they may have had the Gerber cloth ones as well.  [I KNOW that there were diaper "liners" and such, and that would be in the "Diaper Museum", so @DailyDi may be able to correct me if I am wrong here :)]

@BabySpiderBoy Yes sir:  Pampers were Available in the 1970's:  I remember that very well:  One night, @spoonchicken showed me a site that had a whole SLEW of diapers - They got better in the 80, and the 90's, then they went to all cloth backed - and ever since that happened, ALL companies have gone the cheap route, using excuses that make no sense, and they take the easy route out - Man, what memories :)

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added Additional Information

I don't know what I wore as a baby, but I like Pampers over Huggies personally. I picked up a pack of Cruisers size 7 the other day, and it seems like the side tapes have lost a lot of the stretch that was there. They are hardly stretching at all, while a pack of Comforts size 7 from Kroger are stretching more. Does anyone know if Pampers changed how they are made? I haven't gotten any in a while, and the last time I did, the side tapes stretched a lot farther.

• Like 1

I also believe when Pampers first came out in the late 1960's there were no tapes.  You had to pin them on with diaper pins if I remember the early ones.  Tapes came later.  How about Kimbies?  They were the precursor to Huggies by Kimberly Clark.  No elastic legs or back (none of the baby diapers had them at first - that came later after Huggies started the trend).  Kimbies were triangle shaped, contoured between the legs and about the most absorbent diaper of them all!  They were probably more expensive than Pampers and Pampers had recognized name branding by that time.  How many people today call any baby diapers "Pampers" regardless of the brand name?  Just like facial tissue is referred to as Kleenex.  Although Kimbies were probably a better diaper, I don't think they could compete with well known Pampers, therefore Kimberly Clark's next attempt at a disposable baby diaper had a new twist to it, one they could advertise and market - elastic legs!  Good idea that every other diaper company eventually jumped at, even adult disposable diapers.  Mind you, I was never diapered in any of these as a kid but in the very early 1970's when I started experimenting with disposable baby diapers, I got hold of some Kimbies and man, they held a ton of wetting and were very soft and comfortable in my underpants!

• Like 1

Please, please, please don't make me choose... While I don't remember wearing them, I was a cloth diaper baby. My youngest bothers were the first to have disposables. Late 60's early 70's Pampers were in the house. However I currently wear both Pampers and Huggies. Pampers Crusiers 7 and Huggies Baby Steps 5 (from the 90's). There are more pictures of both in my profile.

1249657747_Groversm(5).thumb.jpg.345a97e62db0080668931b7088ab9494.jpg

1290728013_Groversm(3).thumb.jpg.2c2fe21e48a0c020637e2dbca67a2217.jpg

1625542420_DTime021.thumb.jpg.e2ee26142158e92d4084e4fc73ea9cda.jpg

1773141434_DTime027.thumb.jpg.1f436f5d2563340e3e849ad8a1c0fabe.jpg

519443307_DTime061sm.thumb.jpg.53cee702d4f9b4e12aca60de3637b1ce.jpg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Little Baby Becca said:

Please, please, please don't make me choose... While I don't remember wearing them, I was a cloth diaper baby. My youngest bothers were the first to have disposables. Late 60's early 70's Pampers were in the house. However I currently wear both Pampers and Huggies. Pampers Crusiers 7 and Huggies Baby Steps 5 (from the 90's). There are more pictures of both in my profile.

1249657747_Groversm(5).thumb.jpg.345a97e62db0080668931b7088ab9494.jpg

1290728013_Groversm(3).thumb.jpg.2c2fe21e48a0c020637e2dbca67a2217.jpg

1625542420_DTime021.thumb.jpg.e2ee26142158e92d4084e4fc73ea9cda.jpg

1773141434_DTime027.thumb.jpg.1f436f5d2563340e3e849ad8a1c0fabe.jpg

519443307_DTime061sm.thumb.jpg.53cee702d4f9b4e12aca60de3637b1ce.jpg

Looking good!?♥️?

9 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@Rachael-Little

I believe that Pampers came out in like '66 or so, and they were like the first "disposable" diaper on the market:  Curity most likely had a cloth diaper out in the '60's as well, and they may have had the Gerber cloth ones as well.  [I KNOW that there were diaper "liners" and such, and that would be in the "Diaper Museum", so @DailyDi may be able to correct me if I am wrong here :)]

@BabySpiderBoy Yes sir:  Pampers were Available in the 1970's:  I remember that very well:  One night, @spoonchicken showed me a site that had a whole SLEW of diapers - They got better in the 80, and the 90's, then they went to all cloth backed - and ever since that happened, ALL companies have gone the cheap route, using excuses that make no sense, and they take the easy route out - Man, what memories :)

Brian

Yes pampers may have been the first disposable but Curity did make them as I remember they were called

The Curity tape tab diapers 

9 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@Rachael-Little

Brian

Did the quick research and mass produced pampers disposables began in 1964 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Pampertimmy said:

I was in Pampers when I was a kid and I’m in pampers full-time now. I use size 6 as boosters in my diapers.

Nice!?♥️