LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Lost and found

DailyDi

I lost my glasses! I had them on last night, until I went to bed, and this morning they weren't on my nightstand where I left them. Blindly fumbled around for them, even getting on the floor to sweep my arm under the bed.... no luck. Mom looked with her able-eyes and couldn't find them either.

Wearing an old pair until they reappear or I get a new pair.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, willnotwill said:

Of course, you'll find them as soon as you order a replacement.

By the way, I'm really fond of Zenni optical.   Really inexpensive glasses if you're willing to wait about two weeks.

I like Zenni, I float between them and eyebuydirect depending on what frame i like at the time.

7 hours ago, square_duck said:

They are probably somewhere you least expect.....like under a pillow, or fell down between thecwall and something else....they will turn up.....?

Yeah, I need to pull the furniture out, but my back hates that idea, and space is so tight in my room its like doing a sliding puzzle to love anything lol

15 hours ago, DailyDi said:

I lost my glasses! I had them on last night, until I went to bed, and this morning they weren't on my nightstand where I left them. Blindly fumbled around for them, even getting on the floor to sweep my arm under the bed.... no luck. Mom looked with her able-eyes and couldn't find them either.

Wearing an old pair until they reappear or I get a new pair.

@DailyDi

I think we ought to make an app or a device where we can add a smart device:  You would either have it on Alexa, or you would have it as part of "Find My" on IPadOS - You could say "Alexa, find my Glasses" "Alexa, Find My Keys" or "Hey Siri, Find My Glasses", "Hey Siri, Find My Keys", etc. :D

Last time I lost my glasses, they were under the bed, and ONE time, I had one of my LENSES pop out, so I could only see out of my right eye, because the left lens was GONE. Had that fixed, when I found the lens.  I also had it happen once, that my new frames had screws that were loose, and they came out, and I had to have them tightened, so I had to use my backups.  I also remember that there was one time I BROKE my glasses, and that was because there was a HUGE frame they were in, and there was a THICK top section of my lens and a THICK BOTTOM Section of my lens:  I put my feet up on a table, and doing that CRACKED the lens, right along the top of the lenses: so I replaced them, and made sure that any imperfections in the lens were not so prominent.

I hope you are able to find your glasses, or that your glasses are not that expensive: as this is another expense that can hit you when you LEAST expect it ?

Brian

The last pair I lost I know are gone as they came off me while I was on the lake.     I took that advantage to order both a replacement pair of sunglasses and another set of photochromic regular glasses.    The latter are sitting in the case in my night stand in case I ever lose my primary pair.   Most of my old pairs are either too beat up or the wrong prescription so I really ought to ditch them (or give them to the Lions club or something).

I know people will get on me about this, but I hate Alexa!  Just one more thing to make us all lazier!  "Alexa!  Turn off the light.  Turn on my music!  Lock the door!  Fill the dogs water dish!"  I'm sure we've all seen that commercial where the dog puts his water dish in the sink and the guy says, "Alexa.  Fill water dish".  How is the dog going to get the full dish of water out of the sink?  If you're too lazy to fill your dog's water dish, you don't deserve to have a pet!  We rely too much on technology to do the simplest things for us that we should be doing ourselves!  No wonder we are turning into a society of fat, dumb lazy people who can't even have enough common sense to figure out how to do something easy because we have technology that does everything for us!  I remember a post last year about an app that will tell you when a diaper needs changing!  DUMB AND LAZY!!!

But @rusty pinswouldn't it be nice if you could be like "Alexa, change my diaper." and a Auto change feature kicks in and expertly diapers you. Cause that'd be cool.

Also @DailyDi I hope you find your glasses. I have a strong prescription myself and when I have to go to my old ones it causes migraines.

59 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

I know people will get on me about this, but I hate Alexa!  Just one more thing to make us all lazier!  "Alexa!  Turn off the light.  Turn on my music!  Lock the door!  Fill the dogs water dish!"  I'm sure we've all seen that commercial where the dog puts his water dish in the sink and the guy says, "Alexa.  Fill water dish".  How is the dog going to get the full dish of water out of the sink?  If you're too lazy to fill your dog's water dish, you don't deserve to have a pet!  We rely too much on technology to do the simplest things for us that we should be doing ourselves!  No wonder we are turning into a society of fat, dumb lazy people who can't even have enough common sense to figure out how to do something easy because we have technology that does everything for us!  I remember a post last year about an app that will tell you when a diaper needs changing!  DUMB AND LAZY!!!

The world of WALL-E!

I am losing stuff all the time I hate to lose stuff. I have a couple pair of nice latex diaper shorts. Like plastic pants. Anyhow, I feel soo dumb. I hung them on the door knob to my spare bedroom,,,,,,, I was going through everything in that room for at least a week or more.And when I had given up and got out a new pair. I for some reason looked at the door. and I said what the ........ they were under my nose all the time. I know I make lite of it but not on purpose. I freak out if my glasses fall and I am drawing around on the floor to find them, then my wife joins in and so far I haven't broken any in the past few yrs . I have stepped on glasses once. I hope by now you have found them. Just be careful it's not worth hurting your back etc moving furniture and big stuff.

I lost slippers for months and found them under the front of a sofá seat on the floor.

On the floor though.  If you put them on a table the mor guarantee you have is that gravity exista. I often find mine in a tiny column  between my bed and the table.  

On 2/15/2021 at 2:04 PM, foreverdl said:

I have stepped on glasses once.

When I was a teenager I ran off a frosty road in my nasty old 1947 Ford and hit a bank. A guy gave me a ride a couple of miles into town, where I used a pay phone to call home. My father came to pick me up, and it was only then that I realized I didn't have my glasses on. So we stopped by my car, and I found them...I had slammed the car door on them. If I hadn't done that they'd probably have survived...I'd been way more shaken up than I'd realized.

Now there is a need technologists can work on!  We have clappers to turn on our lights, buttons to push to open our car doors and remotes to push to honk our car horn if we forgot where we parked.  A simple clapper idea that would make a miniature alarm built into the frame of our glasses go off would solve the problem of finding lost glasses.  It might not go over well at theaters and concerts when people start clapping though.  

I always have issues with finding tools.  They're either in the garage, basement, in my tiny dining room which is in my living room. Sometimes they are any number of places: book shelves, floor, tool box (duh), another 20 piece or whatever "home toolkit" (most of them are missing), by some computer or the office.  I have 1,000 square feet of black hole.