LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I can't get toilet paper!

Yeah, I saw a political cartoon the other day with someone hording a closet full and stating it was their new 401K.  I didn't know what was meant by that but the past couple days people informed me of the toilet paper shortage.  Stores here are just about sold out too.  I guess we either get a bidet, walk around with dirty underpants or start making full use of our diapers until stores can restock. Save your local newspaper.  It may be needed, but based on some pf the political news in the paper, using it for TP would be a fitting end.

14 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

I thought people were exaggerating! I have less than one roll and every store is sold out!

Think outside the box Mikey. You should be able to find paper towels in hardware stores, Auto parts stores, camping toilet paper, handful of napkins at a fast food restaurant. That's all I can think of right now. Anyone have any input?

21 minutes ago, Huggybutt said:

Think outside the box Mikey. You should be able to find paper towels in hardware stores, Auto parts stores, camping toilet paper, handful of napkins at a fast food restaurant. That's all I can think of right now. Anyone have any input?

We're on a septic system, can't flush just anything. I do have some flushable wipes on the way in case the paper runs out before the stores restock lol

Paper towels, napkins and Kleenex should work.  After all, paper towels and napkins are basically the same as TP.  Maybe the paper towels are just a slight bit thicker or larger in size, but who uses just one little sheet of TP?

50 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

We're on a septic system, can't flush just anything. I do have some flushable wipes on the way in case the paper runs out before the stores restock lol

Makes sense. Here's an inside tip. Office Depot , office Max, Staples, sells toilet paper. No one is checking there. Also if you can find out what brand a store uses. For example Home Depot (out of consumer TP btw) may use Georgia Pacific p/n 602770 for their bathrooms. Just go there and say you'd like to place a ship to store order. You're welcome.?

27 minutes ago, warpiper said:

Flushable wipes aren't really flushable. 

I know, I watch Adam :) But they are better than regular baby wipes if it comes down to them.

Back in the old days I remember using news paper, in an outhouse and in emergency of having no toilet paper, it wasn't the most pleasant experience but it got the job done.

Your flusher is a paper bag, next to the toilet, that you toss in the trash or where I used to live was burned.

Why do you think the Sears catolog was found in every outhouse, it wasn't exactly just reading material.

Don't worry Mikey I got your back should you really need an emergency air drop, since the funny paper days I have learned to buy TP by the case.

Since watching Adam I just toss my "flushable" wipes in the garbage.  

I remember as a kid in school that one year they limited us to 3 squares of TP because other kids basically took all the rolls and dunked them into the toilets repeatedly (f**cking a$$holes).  Hard to blame the schools, but it sucked for us students.  What we would do is take a sheet of notebook paper and repeatedly crumble and uncrumble it.  Eventually it softened up to at least be somewhat softer and absorbent.  Certainly not the best thing, but it was better than trying to clean yourself with a whole 3 squares of basic government-issue TP.

I don't understand this toilet paper craze as we always have sale on toilet paper..
I have enough to last me the whole year and I bought it long before this outbreak 

An alternative is to get a bidet, or clean your self in the shower, which is like a bidet 

My dad was raised on a farm in the 1920's.  He said they used corncobs.  They had red cobs and white cobs.  He said you used a red cob first, then a white cob to see if you needed another red cob.

3 hours ago, rusty pins said:

My dad was raised on a farm in the 1920's.  He said they used corncobs.  They had red cobs and white cobs.  He said you used a red cob first, then a white cob to see if you needed another red cob.

Ouch! 

What has this virus frienzie have to do with toilet paper ?

Washing your hands and keeping your face away from you ass should do it.

An expensive alternative is using Kleenex tissue.

Paper towels can work but as noted above don't flush in toilet.

Taking showers and using the bidet are better at getting real clean.

3 hours ago, BabyLock said:

What has this virus frienzie have to do with toilet paper ?

Little to do with the virus but plenty to do with the frenzy:  it's mob psychology in action.

I went to Costco yesterday for our usual fortnightly run but it was a sea of empty shelves.  Clearly it has spread beyond toilet paper.  We'll have to find a supermarket today to buy smaller (less-than-fortnight's worth) quantities of the stuff we couldn't buy at Costco.

Manufacturers are going to hate this.  It's not a boom for them, just a giant non-linearity in demand that they'll have to cope with.  TP sales will crash at some point when people wake up to themselves.

I have done only enemas for so many yrs and only used baby wipes for poop, for more than 10 yrs, TP is not an issue, But the crazies that are now clearing the baby wipes from the shelves I guess because they can't get TP ? what are the mothers with babies gonna do when they need wipes for there babies? 

We live in a small town, we just got our Walmart last summer, they have been the WORST store ever, They Never have enough stock, shelves have been only half full since they opened. Thats really stupid. We end up driving over 30 miles one way to get to any stores that don't charge an arm and a leg. But we know that's a part of living in the mountains. We moved last yr from a 400k city to a 13k city to get out of the bad air, bad traffic , etc etc, etc. 

I had to order my wipes from eBay and got the last 2 boxes that a seller had. The most of the sellers are asking 3 times the price now that wipes are almost impossible to find.

It too will Pass.

1 hour ago, Glennie said:

i know this may seem like the extreme.. but if you run out of paper. just jump in the shower after making poopie.. problem solved

There's always a washcloth too.  That's what people did before the advent of modern hygiene products.  Just soak it until wash time and then bleach if needed.

• Thanks 1