LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Left Handedness and being a AB/DL.

doubled911

Does being left handed have anything with being a AB/DL?  I myself am left handed and a diaper lover.  I was also a bed wetter until age 9 and wore cloth diapers and plastic pants (this was back in the early and mid 60's).  This subject came up today during a conference at another AB/DL site I belong to.  Another member there pointed out that our group seems to have more members that are left handed than right handed.  I don't know if this theory holds any water so to speak, and if there has been another survey like this done here.  If there has been another survey like this one I am sorry for bringing it up again.  I am also a newer member here too and have been here about a year or so.  

I was not a bedwetter and I am left handed nor am I a DL

I can’t see how being left handed, or right might affect someone’s being a bedwetter, or dl. And, of course it will turn out, there should be more of one, or the other. If you could conduct a proper survey, that is. 
For the record though, I’m right handed, was a bedwetter, and dl. 

• Like 1

righty, light bedwetter for a little while (hated waking up wet then having to get mom or dad), and DL for much of my life. 

two of my siblings are lefties, light to average bed wetters, i'd say, were potty trained easily and quickly enough, and i don't believe either of them are abdl. i've never directly asked them, but they seem like they wouldn't be into this.... but you never know! lol but no, i never asked, and probably never will, and i'm 100% ok with that.

stranger things have some left/right correlation, but i don't think abdl tendencies are one of them.

Now if you are LEFT Brained or RIGHT Brained - I wonder !  LOL !

What would bother me if I were left handed would be all the right hand clothing closings - button plackets - zipper closing - belts - fastenings -

And all the tools i.e. power saws - just give me a good ole fashion left handed adjustable spanner Mexican speed wrench aka crescent wrench.

Driving a car (automatic transmission don't count) but the manual shift versions -

I suppose one could work that one out best be in the UK driving on the other side of road.

Cars and most implements have the ignition switch on the right side of the dash or steering wheel.

On a more intimate note the "Y" front panties - that opening panel is on the right and then there is the left testicle hanging lower ?

So how handy are you with your handiness ?

15 hours ago, BabyLock said:

I grew up with a mother who was ignorant about left handed people.  Her mother was ignorant and superstitious.  In my grandmother's mind, left handed children were evil and had to be broken of their wicked habits before the devil took over.  My oldest sister was "corrected" from left to right handedness and suffered emotional problems her entire life.

Luckily, my father's family were more enlightened and didn't interfere.  Myself and one of my other sisters are left handed and we adapted very well.  I write, bat and play hockey left handed, but pretty much do everything else right handed.  I can throw and catch with either hand.  I switch between left and right hand drive cars (and roads) with ease.  I never understood left handed scissors.  I could use right handed ones in either hand, but the lefty ones never seemed to work for me.

As far as a link between left handedness and ABDL, I don't think there is one.

IMO, left-handedness and ABDL is nonsense. However, I have few data points. In my younger days, I went through an ABDL period. One of my girlfriends (who later became my wife) even indulged me in several diaper baby scenarios. We out grew it, and moved on with our lives.

25+ years later, IC took hold of my bladder and we both have learned to live with my incontinence. In the interim, we have raised two children, started a number of companies and had a lot of fun together. BTW- she is lefty, me a north-paw. She was open to the ABDL thing because it was part of me, and she loves me the way I am. She has learned to live with my diapers and hasn't said a condescending word about them.

Ever.

I love her completely.

Many right handed people are right handed cause their sibling is right handed and they just copied what they did

Apparently I'm supposed to be left handed, but I have used my right hand my whole life 

On 10/20/2019 at 12:13 AM, Dubious said:

Many right handed people are right handed cause their sibling is right handed and they just copied what they did

Apparently I'm supposed to be left handed, but I have used my right hand my whole life 

Interesting. I'm left handed, and was the older of two sons. My brother was utterly right handed.

On 10/12/2019 at 11:13 AM, BabyLock said:

Now if you are LEFT Brained or RIGHT Brained - I wonder !  LOL !

What would bother me if I were left handed would be all the right hand clothing closings - button plackets - zipper closing - belts - fastenings -

And all the tools i.e. power saws - just give me a good ole fashion left handed adjustable spanner Mexican speed wrench aka crescent wrench.

Driving a car (automatic transmission don't count) but the manual shift versions -

I suppose one could work that one out best be in the UK driving on the other side of road.

Cars and most implements have the ignition switch on the right side of the dash or steering wheel.

On a more intimate note the "Y" front panties - that opening panel is on the right and then there is the left testicle hanging lower ?

Regarding "left brain/right brain" 

If a study proved there's some correlation between left-handedness and being an ABDL, I would totally buy it.

Our psychology is ultimately chemistry which is affected by our genome. If in roughly the same locus where there are any of the genes – I assume there are multiple – that affect left or right-handedness are also genes that could affect how we develop physiologically, what's our temperament like, it's possible that there's visible correlation between left-handedness and being an ABDL. You probably have come across few studies that may have said something along the lines of lefties being more artistic, creative, intelligent and whatnot. That's exactly what I'm talking about. (Before you say I'm just praising myself, I can't even throw a ball with my left hand.)

The problem is that while that may still sound somewhat simple, genetics are complex combination of multiple factors we cannot yet understand well enough to draw lines between characteristics multiple genes contribute to. Then on top of that many of those characteristics are difficult to measure objectively. How do you put a number on how easily someone loses their temper, for example?

These are interesting thought games, and I really hope I live to see us win actual facts from them with scientific advancements.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was right handed then I became paralyzed and started doing things left ,I regained feeling and some function on the right ,leaving me somewhat ambidextrous ,but there isn't alot of strenght in the right( it was paralyzed for 5 years)my sippy cup is 30 oz so i use my left.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

On 10/6/2019 at 8:27 PM, doubled911 said:

I myself am left handed and a diaper lover. 

...also a left handed DL, was also a bedwetter until about age 12, but was never diapered for it even though I would have like to have been.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2019 at 5:05 PM, le Hollandais said:

DL only and left-handed. I suspect there's no correlation between the two.

There might actually be a correlation, 10% of the world’s population is left handed so it should stand to reason that around 10% of the ABDL community would be left handed as well, if that’s not the case, there might be underlying factors that being left handed contributes to it in some way. Interestingly enough, the 10% rule doesn’t apply to US presidents, artists, actors, or writers either. It most likely has to do with the creative parts of the brain that are more easily accessed by left handed people. Creative people are more often ruled by emotions than logic and reason and what is more emotional than creating art, or in this case, embracing the very essence of childhood (emotional gratification). As a psychologist though, I would really like to see some supportive data