LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How open are you about ABDL?

• 2 weeks later...

Probably 2. I have a hard time talking to my own wife about it, even though she's 100% okay with it and is more than happy to indulge me in my fantasies.

It's something I've always been very embarrassed about. Recently I've been trying to post more on here, stories and comments like this. Overall I want become more open with the people who are accepting like my wife and fellow members of DD. I don't really care to tell anyone else though.

• 1 month later...

I guess 1 / 2. On the internet sure, I can be comfortable in spaces like this where I'm surrounded by like minded people. When it comes to people I know though, I think being found out is one of my all-time greatest fears. I'm fortunate enough to have many friends who I don't think honestly would judge too hard if they found out and who are quite accepting for people as who they are, and I imagine many of them would react with a sort of "Ok thats kinda weird but whatever makes you happy" sort of thing - and others might even partly understand. Regardless, I'd never go out of my way to talk about it or reveal what I do, its a conversation we just don't really need to have.

Maybe in a very specific scenario one day I'd open up to someone if they were curious enough and I was really certain they wouldn't judge or spread it, but I haven't come across that yet.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, stevewet said:

Most people I know are aware I wear nappies

As I said before, I would say 5, I am about 50/50 on who knows and who I tell.  When your incontinent and have to wear, you do and do not overly care who knows! 

• 1 month later...

3-4?  I have no problem speaking anonymously on the internet, and the same goes for people in select close friend/partners circles.  I do generally tell my partners just so they know, because maybe they're interested in some form as well.  Aside from that, I don't tell general strangers on the street or people I work with, nor my family.

I'll go with 2, wife knows I wear and my adult kids found diapers and dinosaur printed plastic pants when we moved. I was in and out of the hospital during the move so I had no control over what the kids found in my dresser, they never commented about anything but they sure know now that I'm in diapers and plastic pants. Thankfully they missed some of the really weird stuff.

• 1 year later...

I'll say 3 1/2. 2 of my ex-boyfriends knew I was into ABDL, as I told each of them while we were dating. I told a few of my ex-friends about it before the friendships ended, I came out to some of my current friends about it, and my mom knows about it by accident. I currently can't remember the last time I told anyone that I like ABDL. It's been at least 3 years. I actually considered coming out to a very close friend about it, just a few months ago. We were in the middle of a text conversation when this happened. However, I stopped myself. My instincts said not to. Moments later, he said that it's "weird as shit" to pretend to be a child. I was glad that I decided against coming out to him. I plan to come out to anybody new for a long, long time. 

On 7/15/2018 at 2:20 AM, IminWetPampers said:

I’m not so sure about that (or maybe I’ve just been lucky enough to have open minded friends), because I can’t recall one time that I told any of my friends that I wear diapers that it went badly. Almost all my close friends know that I wear diapers and most of them have seen me wearing my diapers, some have even gotten me diapers as presents. I had friends who were couch surfing for a couple of months and when I got home from work my pants were off and I was wearing diapers openly, no difference in the way they treated me (that was at least 12 years ago and we’re still friends). I also am friends with a couple who insist that I am openly diapered when I go over to their house (her nickname for me is ‘baby Mikey’) and he was the one who told her that I wear diapers and once she knew she had to see me in them. 

It depends heavily on the person, and the kind of people in their life. I'm very lucky to have some accepting people in my life. But obviously, not everybody has that. 

My ex wife, 3 ex girlfriends, my current girlfriend, who told her best friend somethings but not everything. That’s it as far as I know. My best friend knows but she is actually an ex girlfriend so I counted her there lol

I follow the 50 mile rule.

In 98% of the places i go to over 50 miles from home its unlikely i will meet anyone i know from home.

At the VA i go to i wear and don't worry about the medical staff seeing my diapers.

Once while waiting for a urologist appointment one of the guys ask if any of wore diapers and all 3 of us said yes.

He was wanting to know where to get GOOD diapers. and i told him about Northshore and XP5000.

On 7/14/2018 at 11:20 PM, IminWetPampers said:

I’m not so sure about that (or maybe I’ve just been lucky enough to have open minded friends), because I can’t recall one time that I told any of my friends that I wear diapers that it went badly. Almost all my close friends know that I wear diapers and most of them have seen me wearing my diapers, some have even gotten me diapers as presents. I had friends who were couch surfing for a couple of months and when I got home from work my pants were off and I was wearing diapers openly, no difference in the way they treated me (that was at least 12 years ago and we’re still friends). I also am friends with a couple who insist that I am openly diapered when I go over to their house (her nickname for me is ‘baby Mikey’) and he was the one who told her that I wear diapers and once she knew she had to see me in them. 

I should also add that my wife/mommy knows (obviously), my previous 2 girlfriends knew and my mother and sister both know that I wear and use diapers. 

So I’d say that I’m probably an 8 or 9. Aside from work pretty much everyone knows. 

On 3/11/2017 at 4:32 PM, JazzyPazzazy said:

On a scale of 1-10, (one being none, ten being completely.) how open are you with vanilla people or friends and family? I know a lot of people are super uncomfortable with others knowing, but I also know a few that are open. How do you feel about it? :3

Kind of a weird question, because I nothing of any potential fetishes of any of my "vanilla" friends or family, so I don't discuss it with them. I am fairly certain several members of my family know. 

I wear everywhere and have been wearing in public, under my clothes, since I bought my first adult diapers way back in 1988. So if any "vanilla people" noticed, none have brought it up. Other than wearing clothes, I don't hide my diapers. 

Back when I bought diapers in stores, I was open that they were for me and talked to various sales people about them. Since I now buy online, I guess I am less open. But seriously, how many people discuss their undies with you?

I see no reason to bring the subject up, but wouldn't have any problems talking about it.

Note that I really doubt anyone is truly "vanilla." Some maybe more TootiFrooti, but most everybody is at least Chocolate, Strawberry, or at least French Vanilla.

I'm not sure how to answer this and have been thinking about the question for a while and what it actually means. I would probably put myself up at like maybe a seven as to how I understand the question. 

So if we are in a relationship and I think it could last longer than a couple of months, once I feel that way I will tell you. If we become close friends that share things then I probably will tell you, so far I have told 3 of my friends, first time it was due to needing to feel accepted, second time was because the first friend I confided in was my best friend, the second one was a lifelong friend and would be one of my best friends and like at times was my best friend, haha god i feel like im back in school, anyway I wanted him to know. and then the third friend was on of my first really close queer friend and I wanted to share that side of myself with her (Not in a let do little stuff together more of a I trust you and want you to know, if that makes sense) So I guess if I ever make another close friend I will probably let them know as it's a bonding thing with me. 

And then again if i am talking to a person about kinks im ok to share, obviously depending on situation. Only real experience I had with this is going to a bi munch organized on fetlife and then when we were going through intros and what our fetlife handles were obviously it came up that i was the guy into ageplay.... that actually surprised me hadn't even thought that people would have checked out my profile. I wasn't too happy at first but was able to talk about it and became more comfortable with it as the night wore on. But that was a fairly long time ago and I am much more accepting and loving of myself so if im speaking with someone and kink comes up and they say they are into something non mainstream like bdsm, spanking, leather or that then I would be happy about discussing it. I have also stood up to people kink shaming ABDL's and just kink shaming in general. Like if people kink shame around me I dont react well and will call them out on it. Not in an aggressive way.

In terms of family knowing my mom caught me out when I was a teenager so urged me to tell my dad, and then she told my sister. Then I confided in one of my aunts when i was going through a mental breakdown, not over being an ab but again needed to feel accepted. 

Now how obvious is it that I am an ab, i would probably say 5. Like I dont actively go out in nappies or that but I am very comfortable letting my inner child out. So I can be really immature and goofy at times, I wear pink a good bit (I think thats relevant as I'm a burly man) and if you are friends with me you will know that I am actually a Unicorn, I bring a coloring book to work and in general i'm all about the cuteness. However I dont think a reasonable person would jump to thinking I'm an AB. Hah I guess if you are an ab then I'm sitting at a ten as it would be incredibly obvious but I think non abdl people would just think im either fun or weird ha.

So in conclusion I land somewhere on that scale  

On 3/22/2021 at 2:40 PM, Ubba said:

In terms of family knowing my mom caught me out when I was a teenager so urged me to tell my dad, and then she told my sister.

This poses an interesting question for me, on that I probably will never be able to answer. My step-father found my stash of homemade diapers when I was about 13, and he yelled at me about them in front of my whole family. So, in theory, my mom, my brother, my sister and my step-dad know *something*, although what, exactly, they made of the moment at the time, I don't know. 

Other than that family reveal, which left a gaping chasm in my psyche, the only person that knows anything about my ABDL side is my wife. I never came right out and said "I'm AB or DL or ABDL", but, I have been 24/7 for almost two years now, and, I sleep with a pacifier every night, and have been doing that for longer than I've been 24/7. My wife also found one of my bottles when we were moving, but only because I'd stashed it somewhere and forgotten about it - I've played around with bottles here and there, but it always felt like an affectation - my heart was never in it. Similarly, I have no baby clothes. But I love my pacifiers when I either need to sleep or need to concentrate. I think if there were less stigma attached to them, someone could market pacifiers as weight loss aids, as well. 

So, I am a DL with a side of light AB, but I keep it very private - none of my friends know. 

I am completely open about it. I hide it for other people's sake though.

On 3/12/2017 at 7:58 AM, Poobottom said:

Has to be a 1 unfortunately, I would like to be able to talk to people about it but feel they would not understand. It's kind of a niche fetish to wear and use nappies in your fifties I'd say

Most indeed don't 'understand' it but they do tolerate it. With many people as long as it doesn't affect them they don't really care what someone else is doing.

For me this is very strange.  I've never been shy to hide my issues.  Most of my friends know about my glaucoma.  They know when I go through my yearly MRIs on my brain (they don't find anything?).   They know so much about me, but even my best friends do not realize that I'm wearing a printed diaper while I'm with them.   As for openess- I'd have rate as one.  My housekeeper is fully aware of my tendancies and has put away my pacifiers, folded my onesies, and even seen my diapers.  I still make sure to hide my diapers when she comes.  It's out little game. She knows, and I know she knows, but we both pretend that we don't know.

I think I would be a three (3) or four (4) as I am not trying to share it with my family. I do share it with all of you and I will share it with my future partner, whomever that might be. Happy to talk about it more. 

• Like 1

Maybe a 5 or so for me.  I do not openly tell people that I wear and like to wear diapers.  It is none of their business.  Though my mom my brother one sister a few friends know about my diapers.

If someone in public were to find out.  I would not care as it is none of their business.

Though there is one person I would not like to let known of this and that is my stepdad.  It just would not go over well and never wish for it to happen.