LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Do Normal Adults Handle Being Sick?

I am very glad to be an adult baby today.

Last night I had what I though was a complete purge of my guts from both ends. And at 5:30 I wake up to find out I was wrong and shit the bed. Due to a waterproof mattress pad cleanup is easy; and I even have lined plastic pant to change into so I can go to the drugstore and get medicine. I can't help but think this would be absolutely horrible if I did not happen to have these things handy. I would be dealing with a ruined mattress while terrified to leave the house.

There was once a time where me and Alice both suddenly had a desperate urge for the bathroom at the same time... She went in and then I felt my tummy rumble.

I did the only thing I could and quickly put on a nappy just before the inevitable happened. It wasn't too bad and would have been a lot worse if I wasn't ABDL or if there wasn't nappies in the house! A quick shower and I was good as new. I hate to think what would have happened if I had no nappies available.

Yikes. Both of your scenarios sound bad to me. It does seem sometimes that our "weird/wrong" underwear choices save our butts (pardon the pun). I haven't had a time where I messed the bed or anything, but I have had it where just after I woke up I messed.

The last time I had that bug was 1978 and I was awake as the opening round of it is usually about a half-hour of nausea and trying to fight it off, so I had plenty of warning. I could not sleep until I was cleaned out

I did get a dose of something in the summer of 1959 when I was a few hundred yards away from home. That was an ache in my gut and a real strong urge to go. I ALMOST made it. I got into the bathroom when it let go and made a royal mess that required a major clean-up, clothes being washed and a bath. There was some good news, however. while I was in the tub, we got a phone call that I had been accepted to start 9th grade at an elite, prestigious academy to which I had applied in the spring

Now I know what Maxwell Smart means when he says "Missed it by THAT much"

Ohh I hate being sick my nappy has saved me a few times. Once my stomach went and as I was running up the stairs for the bathroom boom exploded. I just went 'ohh no' and my wife asked what was wrong and I said I had shit myself. Her reply 'lucky you wear nappies then isn't it'

The other memorable time was in the middle of night I was knackered. Woke up to be sick bent over the toilet started vomiting then started filling my nappy. It wasn't too bad though luckily. Must have been the release of pressure. I was that tired though I just got back in bed. Woke up the next morning later than usual with the wife saying 'have you filled your nappy? You stink' I was like 'ohh yeah when I was sick last night' got a rash and all with that one.

Thank the Lord for our alternative underwear ehh.

From childhood on, I've gone through periods of constipation, followed by periods of diarrhea. I've never really understood why, since it seems to be unrelated to what I eat. Anyway, when I was about ten, I had a series of pooping accidents in school and at home, and the cleanup was horrible (not to mention I got quite a chewing-out from my folks). I remember thinking even then that a diaper would have been useful.

That, incidentally, was the week my dad planned a very ill-timed practical joke. He, without my noticing, stuffed a sock in the back of my pants and told me, "Check your pants. I think you messed yourself...." I sprinted to the bathroom at the fastest speed one can manage on crutches, only to see the sock drop out when I pulled my underwear down.

For years after that, my mother wondered why I fell for such an obvious gag. If she'd remembered the accidents that week and how paranoid I was, it would have made sense to her.

More recently, I had severe stomach cramps. I figured there was no way I could get my diaper off in time, so I just released and enjoyed a rare opportunity to mess. At first.

I took the diaper off to discover the poop had run up and back

Several years ago toward the end of the workday I was hit with sudden diarrhea. The boss and a co-worker were present and the house we were working on had no working plumbing. I made an excuse to go to my car but it escaped before I got there :o No problem getting the pull-up off by tearing the sides, but I was worried about being seen putting the stashed one on. I managed that and thought I was OK now but in a few minutes it hit again. And I had no more diapers. I held most of it till I could get back to the car behind the door but for the next half-hour I had to stay downwind of everyone :blush: Not long after that I switched to tape-on diapers and though it hasn't happened again, diaper changes at work are a lot easier and safer now B)

Diapers are a special comfort when sick- it's one less thing to worry about and if you don't feel like getting up you don't have to. I'm a rotten person to be around when I'm sick so I avoid everyone then. That also allows me to focus my thoughts on healing so I usually get better quickly that way.

Bettypooh

I have IBS,, and although I haven't had an accident, yet, I've been so close, it's scary. I wear pullups, so I know they're not going to handle a messy accident, but it's reassuring to know I at least have one measure in place. For me, I just think the smell & mess would overcome any enjoyment