LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are you a Dog Or Cat person?

Are You a Dog or Cat Person?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of Pet(s) did you grow up with?

• Dog(s)
    • Cat(s)
    • Bird(s)
    • Fish
    • Gerbil/Hamster/Guinea Pig/Ferret/Bunny etc.
    • Horse(s)
    • Pot Belly Pig(s)
    • Other: Please Tell us more
    • I didn't have any pets growing up
  2. 2. What Kind of Pets to have/want now?

• Dog(s)
    • Cat(s)
    • Bird(s)
    • Fish
    • Gerbil/Hamster/Guinea Pig/Ferret/Bunny etc.
    • Horse(s)
    • Pot Belly Pig(s)
    • Other: Please Tell us more
    • I don't have/want any pets

I'm not a big pet person. I love birds, and maintain a feeding station in my back yard, but I would never put one in a cage. I get a lot of different songbirds throughout the year.

What I don't like are irresponsible pet owners. Like those who let their cat live outside and tear up my garden.

I've had a few neighborhood cats like this. If they don't have a tag or collar I capture them and turn them over to the pound. That gets rid of the problem real quick.

• 4 weeks later...

The "other" is Praying Mantis

I'm a dog person- I can't see life without one. They work wonders helping you get through episodes of depression and they teach you how to love unconditionally B) Cats are OK, some I like a lot but I don't care to have any in the house with me and my dog won't have them in her yard (and it is her yard but she lets me have one flowerbed there so I'm happy with that) thus there are no cats here :mellow: Cats teach you how to accept and handle the unchangable in life :)

• 5 months later...

Growing up there were always cats and dogs. at 1 point I remember 22 dogs and 15 cats. No lie.

Most were in the house. No lie. It was awful since there were 7 of us living in a 4 room house.

My wife and I are not dog people. Currently we are owned by 2 wonderful orange tabbies. Ones is our

i remember we had hermit crabs for a bit when i was about 4, and we had cats constantly. growing up we had three cats- two orange tabby's and a white fluffy one. one of the tabbys lived to be nearly 22!!

my family had the cats, dogs for the last 20-some years (one at a time, we're on #3 right now), me and my brother had several small tank animals for years. anoles, tree frogs, salamanders, aquatic frogs, and alot of fish! currently i have a 55 gallon freshwater, and two smaller 5 gallon planted freshwater tanks,two cats, an ankle-biter dog,

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My mom was probably what people would call a crazy cat lady. We had 22 cats at our peak while I was a kid. To be fair, they were all well-taken care of and most were indoor/outdoor cats. We also had a dog here and there.

I have two cats now, both spayed females, and I'm content to keep the number there - though I do take in the occasional neglected stray for a day or two til I can get them to a no-kill shelter.

• 5 years later...

While I like dogs, they have proven to be a lot of work. Much more I've found than horses. And cats? Play with them for 10 or 15 minutes, and they're done. Feed them, brush the long haired variety once or twice a week (Persians excepted) and they'll sleep for 16 hours a day. Cats. like horses are easy keepers, in my experience.

I've had both over the years. Cats can be left alone without supervision for longer periods of time in my opinion. Personally though I'd rather have a dog. They seem to appreciate you more with a much better attitude. Right now we don't have an animal in the house.  A couple of years ago our Beagle mix got some kind of an intestinal disease and we had to put her down. I haven't cried that much since my mom died. Dog or cat, they are great to have around.