LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

As a kid/teen did you do anything that might be considered unusual for your age group?

As a kid/teen did you do anything that might be considered unusual for your age group?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. As a kid/teen did you do anything that might be considered unusual for your age group?

• Had to wear diapers
    • Used a pacifier
    • Rode in a stroller
    • Rode in a car seat (when other kids my age didn't need to anymore)
    • Still used a highchair
    • Stayed on at school longer than most
    • Other (please explain)

Some older kids might still wear diapers, or still use a pacifier or still have a stroller or maybe take longer before being big enough to not need a car seat and stuff like that despite being past the baby/toddler stage of life and I'm curios if anything like that applies to anyone on Daily Diapers since a lot of us are into diapers and age-play ETC.

I mostly had a pretty ordinary childhood.

I was taken out in a stroller a few times and given orange squash in a sippy cup when my child minder (Carol) babysat me when I was about 7-9 years old although she didn't babysit me on a regular occurrence.

I stayed on longer at school than other people my age, and I guess I wore diapers till I was 12 although to be fair adolescent bedwetting isn't that uncommon but that's about it.

Obviously I've done stuff as an AKDL but that's another topic.

What about everyone else? Any experiences you'd like to share?

• Like 1

I played with Playmobil and Lego up until the age of 16 years.

And I was fascinated by incontinence since I was 11 yo, so I started wearing my little sister's cloth diapers and plastic pants. Even in public sometimes. Some things never change...

• Like 1

I wore diapers to bed until I was 10 1/2 roughly. I wore them in the car on long trips as well, drives to the cottage, drives across the country, and when we were getting home, or to our destination, late - anytime where it was likely that I'd fall asleep in the car, basically, but that ended earlier than wearing them to bed - maybe when I was 8 or so. I remember a trip to the East coast when I'd have been about 10 where I had to wear a diaper in the hotel beds, but I did not have one on in the car - I'd waged and won a campaign to be allowed to prove that I could stay dry if I snoozed in the car. 

Which is funny, because now I sort of regret my efforts to get out of diapers... if "today me" were able to go back in time, I would have flagrantly peed my pants right away, and then eagerly agreed to be diapered for the whole trip, but at the time I had a lot of anxiety about wearing them anywhere other than at home. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Little Sherri said:

I wore diapers to bed until I was 10 1/2 roughly. I wore them in the car on long trips as well, drives to the cottage, drives across the country, and when we were getting home, or to our destination, late - anytime where it was likely that I'd fall asleep in the car, basically, but that ended earlier than wearing them to bed - maybe when I was 8 or so. I remember a trip to the East coast when I'd have been about 10 where I had to wear a diaper in the hotel beds, but I did not have one on in the car - I'd waged and won a campaign to be allowed to prove that I could stay dry if I snoozed in the car. 

Which is funny, because now I sort of regret my efforts to get out of diapers... if "today me" were able to go back in time, I would have flagrantly peed my pants right away, and then eagerly agreed to be diapered for the whole trip, but at the time I had a lot of anxiety about wearing them anywhere other than at home. 

Like you, on long car journeys, I was made to wear rubber pants, (rather crudely made from a discarded rubber bed sheet), over 2 or 3 pairs of 'double-bottomed' cotton underpants, but unlike you, even if I didn't sleep, I deliberately wet.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Wet Knight said:

but unlike you, even if I didn't sleep, I deliberately wet.

You were smarter than I was - you were playing the long game. I stopped wetting the bed midway through my 10th year and I eagerly shared with my parents that my diaper had been dry for a couple of weeks, because, if I remember correctly, I wanted to have a sleepover (at my house, I think), and not have to wear diapers around my friends - on past sleepovers, my mom had made me wear a diaper under underwear and pajamas, and she swore that nobody could tell, but I was nervous the whole time. 

So, I got to have my sleepover with no diaper, my bed stayed dry... but then, they stopped buying diapers. I burned through whatever was left of them, and then I had to start making my own. Had I been strategic, I would have continued wetting here and there, and just put up with wearing a diaper when my friends were over, or, not bothered with sleepovers. I didn't know how much I would miss them until they were gone. 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

You were smarter than I was - you were playing the long game. I stopped wetting the bed midway through my 10th year and I eagerly shared with my parents that my diaper had been dry for a couple of weeks, because, if I remember correctly, I wanted to have a sleepover (at my house, I think), and not have to wear diapers around my friends - on past sleepovers, my mom had made me wear a diaper under underwear and pajamas, and she swore that nobody could tell, but I was nervous the whole time. 

So, I got to have my sleepover with no diaper, my bed stayed dry... but then, they stopped buying diapers. I burned through whatever was left of them, and then I had to start making my own. Had I been strategic, I would have continued wetting here and there, and just put up with wearing a diaper when my friends were over, or, not bothered with sleepovers. I didn't know how much I would miss them until they were gone. 

Rather than diapers, for me it was loss of a rubber sheet which in my mind sanctioned bedwetting.

Don’t recall if mom called me into my room or we just happened to cross paths there.  Whatever, having been dry for some length of time mom indicated she was going to remove the rubber sheet.  She also said something to the effect that any wetting without the sheet will ruin the mattress, it best not happen.

It wasn’t long before I missed the shame and sensations of bedwetting.  Lying in bed I’d release a small amount into my pajamas but was afraid to out and out wet without a rubber sheet.  In time I resorted to home alone secret bed wetting atop an old plastic table cloth.  It was enjoyable but stressful in that I never knew for sure how much alone time I had to clean up.

It would have been so easy.  When my bedwetting began tapering off I should have supplemented accidents with purposeful wetting.  The rubber sheet would have remained in place and with that “permission” to occasionally put it to use.

• Like 3

I had a  security blanket, which was an old flannel shirt of mine from about third grade that holds  in it from sucking it and wiping my nose sometimes, until 7th grade.  I just slept with it. 

• Like 1

I was obsessed with digestion and how poo happened.

I used a balloon and dirt to show my dog at the time how eating led to pooing and between age 6-15 Not having access to diapers I would occasionally use toilet paper to catch my poo so I could feel the squish and still clean up afterword.

• Like 3

I always liked to play with toys that were more for kids much younger than me. While other kids were playing video games, I was happy to just play with my Little People toys and wooden building blocks. Things haven’t changed much for me.

• Like 1

Well I was potty trained by the age of two according to my mom and I was back in diapers by the age of three and a half and that is the way it stayed. So did I do anything that that was unusual for my age group? Yes, I preferred to wear diapers.

• Like 1

When I was a kid my potty training took a long time because I sat on the potty differently and not like everyone else. Eventually, my folks put me in pull-ups but as it got worse, I was put back into diapers and since then they never attempted potty training on me ever again.

• Like 1

I kept a rubber sheet on my bed until I was 17. Even after my bedwetting decreased during puberty I always made sure my bed was wet often enough that my mom would keep protection on my bed. By 17 though I was dating and I figured it was more difficult to get to second base or beyond if the rubber sheet was still on the bed.

• Like 1

In high school,   I found myself alone a lot.  I made a diaper and used it once.  I could not use it multiple times, so I threw it away.  Also, we had some books on baby care and I read those to fuel my fantasies. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, TellMeAStory said:

In high school,   I found myself alone a lot.  I made a diaper and used it once.  I could not use it multiple times, so I threw it away.  Also, we had some books on baby care and I read those to fuel my fantasies. 

OMG i read my moms old baby care books too as a teen! i really studied the parts on diapering of couse lol its probably why i never got diaper rash as a teen!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, tommyneedsdiapers90 said:

OMG i read my moms old baby care books too as a teen! i really studied the parts on diapering of couse lol its probably why i never got diaper rash as a teen!

I think I did it because I was the youngest, and I never got to see how babies were cared for on a daily basis.  I saw babies get changed before, but there was never a baby in my home life at that point.  Do you think you read them for the same reason?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, TellMeAStory said:

I think I did it because I was the youngest, and I never got to see how babies were cared for on a daily basis.  I saw babies get changed before, but there was never a baby in my home life at that point.  Do you think you read them for the same reason?

i think so @TellMeAStory i was an only child but i did have much younger cousins but didnt see them enough to get to feed them or change them alot. i DID get to steal their diapers every now and then lol i think i just also got excited seeing "diaper" or any baby words in print. its like looking up "diaper" or "pacifier" in the dictionary. there MUST have been other kids like that lol

• Like 3

Considering I wet the bed tell I was like 13-14 years old, I really wish I had been diapered at night, would have saved me a lot of stress and laundry.  I never had the money to even atempt to try and make my own diapers, and buying them was imposable. When koolaid isa luxury drink for your family.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
19 minutes ago, Alyeskabird said:

Considering I wet the bed tell I was like 13-14 years old, I really wish I had been diapered at night, would have saved me a lot of stress and laundry.  I never had the money to even atempt to try and make my own diapers, and buying them was imposable. When koolaid isa luxury drink for your family.....

Kool-Aid?  That was probably the problem.  When our kids were really young, they only got water after dinner.  No wet beds at our house.

• Like 2

I was wetting my bed until I was almost 18. When I was past toddler age I was still coming in from playing outside with the other kids with wet pants. My mother would change me and send me back out. When we went to visit relatives a few hours drive away they would carry a clean peanut butter jar with a screw on lid and I would kneel on the back seat and pee into the jar. I wanted to be back in diapers so bad but my mother would do anything but put me in diapers. I got the last laugh though as I sit here on the couch in my wet Betterdry with a pair of pink carousel plastic pants over them and a tee shirt. I guess if we need them bad enough we will get what we need.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 4
19 hours ago, tommyneedsdiapers90 said:

its like looking up "diaper" or "pacifier" in the dictionary. there MUST have been other kids like that lol

My God, I used to do this, too - it was a strange guilty pleasure, coming across a new dictionary, or even better, an encyclopedia, and looking up "diaper", reading it furtively, in case a buddy looked over your shoulder. I also read the sections on diapering and potty training and bedwetting in old parenting guides like the Dr. Spock books that my parents and their friends had. I in particular remember sitting in a diaper under PJ's on a cold wood floor early on a weekend morning, thumbing through an old medical encyclopedia at my aunt's cottage, and reading up on how most children were dry through the day by "40 months" (I had to do the math on that). then pulling open the front of my bottoms and looking at my diaper quickly, in case my cousins were looking. I don't recall how old I was, but old enough to read the article, so probably 7 or 8. It gave me such a thrill. 

I also used to "liberate" a diaper here and there when I was over at someone's place who had them, or if someone came over with some, even though I had my own, because I was fascinated by the differences in construction. I recall getting my hands on a Luvs diaper, and later a Huggies, both too small for me (they belonged to babies), and wishing they were larger. 

• Like 4