LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

It's Fall Ya'll

DailyDi

What do you love about fall?

As a kid I loved going to the apple orchard and picking our own apples that Nanny would magically turn into apple crisp, yummy.

And fresh cider! One orchard even had a slushy machine and made cider slussy's.

While not quite the same experience I threw a bottle of cider in my grocery order to remember the good times lol

Sadly, last I heard, that orchard was now a walmart, and it's a thousand miles away so I can't check.

• Like 4

Yup, picking apples at the Walmart just isn't the same... they probably do sell cider, though. Packaged in China, but, cider. 

I love fall, although it comes with a lot of work - closing the pool, raking leaves, etc. Apple crisp, done well, is divine. The smell of leaves burning, a crisp breeze, no need for sunblock, and, for our kind, a return to bulkier cool-weather clothing that is easier to wear diapers under! 

• Like 3

Fall is perhaps my favorite season in the Carolina's! The leaves change, the ocean water is still warm, the days are cooler. The festivities with Halloween, Fairs, Fall Festivals, Thanksgiving... whats not to love!?🥰 (edit: fall Hurricanes & shorter days aren't as fun)

• Like 2

Oh sooooo many things I love about fall!

Hay rides,  pumpkin picking, apple picking, pumpkin spice everything!

Raking a big pile of leaves then jumping in!

Home made apple cider from the farmer's market! Pumpkin butter! Apple butter! Both are delicious on toast.

Walking through the park and seeing all the beautiful leaves changing colors.

Halloween.

Sweater weather! Being able to wear my hoodies and cardigans.

Being able to wear thick absorbent plastic backed diapers and not sweating in them like I do in the summer.

Hoodies and cardigans help hide thick diapers better than summer clothing so I don't have to worry as much about beind discrete by either wearing thinner cloth backed diapers (and needing to change more) or about concealing a thick dispsoable. 

bonfires on a chilly evening

5dc7778e452b78fa4d764a19adfe357f.gif

• Like 1

There are things I like about all seasons.  Seems in summer I think about snow and winter, when the snow comes and it's cold in January I think about summer and I'm a bit sad I didn't spend more time outdoors during the summer months.  What I like about fall is in October when the leaves start turning, the temperature starts cooling and, believe it or not, even when it starts getting darker out.  I have such wonderful memories when I was a kid carving the pumpkin out back with my mom (she did the carving) and putting up all the now cheesy cardboard Halloween decorations and going trick-or-treating around the neighborhood with my dad and brother in some kind of costume.  Just the cool air, leaves on the ground, fall harvest time with the apples and other things.  I do indoor decorations now but for years I did a big out door Halloween display with lights, fog and creepy characters.  Halloween is a turning point.  When October starts we slowly look forwards to it and prepare.  Once that is over, I kind of coast and put fall behind me hanging loose until Thanksgiving.  Thanksgiving is the gateway to the Christmas season and it's all Christmas from their until December 26th.  Thankfully we don't slam on the brakes and come to a halt as there is always New Years Eve to soften the blow of the holidays being over with.

Mostly with any season it's the childhood memories that it brings to me.  People here should relate to that as they often are AB because of their own childhood memories.

Fall is probably my favorite season! It has two of my favorite holidays (Thanksgiving and Halloween), my birthday and anniversary are in the fall, all the delicious beers come out ( oktoberfests, märzens, autumn browns, pumpkin beers, and stouts), bonfires, the smell and feel of the outside on a cool day, the decorations of pumpkins and gourds, over the garden wall, leaves changing colors....

But there are three main reasons why I love fall....

1- you actually want to go outside, and are able to do so for more than 10 minutes

2- you go outside and you don't just sweat by simply standing there!

3- all the mosquitoes die and go to hell where they all belong!!!!!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE (baby vocabulary because I can't pronounce "really") the crisp, cool climate; calming, crinkle leaves of deciduous trees, acorns and oak soaked earth smell before all hell freezes over and the song of bugs and bees sleep still a few weekends before Thanksgiving then Santa's sleigh slides south for a Season's greeting before spring. 🙂 No sweat on my cider as fall tames the final fierce fire in fall the last call for heat is what I admire. 🥵

• Like 2

Ooooooooooh holy niiiiiight; the stars are brightly shiiiiiiiiiiiiining it is the night... 🌙 🙂✝️🤞🏥

🐫 🐪 🐫 

🙈🙉🙊 loooooooong lay the world in sin and error pining 'till He appeared and the soul felt its worth. A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices for yonder breaks a new and glorious morning. 😃

O hear the Angel voices? Dang. What a question! 😄

15 minutes ago, Babygeebee said:

For us that means shoveling season is around the corner. 🥶

i dont shovel snow, but i dont like it either, i just like not having the cost of mower fuel, higher electric costs for a little bit, i HATE what is around the corner, when the snow gets nasty, i cant get out to go get a fountain drink or groceries, and my room gets to FREEZING my ass off.

Fall.... and the world falls down.

Autumn, and trees bear fruit, crops are harvested, fresh food is pleantiful, days grow cooler and shorter, leaves that used to shade are now a multicoloured blanket on the ground for children to play in, the chestnut becomes toys while the birds, and their young, migrate to warmer climates. Clothes now cover fading tans, and toes are hidden. Bare arms and legs and onesies are replaced by footed sleepers. Bulky diapers ocassionaly peak out from under overcoats. The air becomes fresher since the humidity and temprature drops.

Harvest festivals start a series of early dusks and dark evenings, follow with Halloween and the aproach of Winter. Cinammon is added where ice used to dominate, and warm country meals replace the fading tomato and lettuce. The fox and squirel can be seen darting, while the owl patrols the now vacant habitats of the holidaying feathered friends. The mice are homeless since the harvest, and hide in the hedgerows venturing out in the dark in search for food, but become a snack for the sharp eyed nocturnal owl. These mice seek company within our homes and barns, but usually become toys for the family feline.

The cooling fans of Summer are temporarily replaced by fresh fruit displays - and retail tempt us with Tinsel, Mince Pies and early Christmas gifts. Do we forget about autumn and rush into the winter, or do we step back and revel in the calm before the Christmas rush?

13 hours ago, rusty pins said:

You swap out the cost of gas for the mower for gas for the snowblower.  The cost of electricity for running the A/C with the cost of gas for the furnace.

dont have a snowblower, and our heat comes from one of those propane heaters that can sit on the floor or be mounted on the wall,,, and when the temp hits 30 degrees, a quartz heater in my room. heating costs something like 400 to 600 for the whole heating season

Winter comes, and the advertisers scam us all with changing terms of heating products.

In simple terms, electric heating is 100% efficent in that all the electricity used is converted to heat. Therefore, a 1kw heater (doesn't mattter the medium) using 1000 watts of electricity creates 1000w of heat. A 2kw heater using 2000 watts of electricity creates 2000 watts of heat.

Now we come to the lies that we are sold -- heater X is better than heater Y since it heats up faster or some other lie. It doesn't matter how fast a heater heats up since the process is to transfer heat to air / room. Now, the higher temprature difference, the faster the heat will move since heat is the actual difference and the movement of heat is called convection. If we look at the ice cube in the glass, the water surrounding the ice cube gets to roughly the same temp as the ice cube so the ice cube won't melt. There simply is not enough of a heat difference between the water and the ice cube.

The same exists with a heater and the surrounding air - so to increase the heat output of a heater, one needs to cool the air around it, or move it so the heater can heat the colder air.

In realtion to heat output, a 2kw or 2000 watt load draws 16 amps in the USA or 13 amps in 220v countries. That is the maximum load that can be pulled in every domestic socket. Yes, you can play around to double it in certain wirings, but you may easily overload the wiring. As a result, buying a heater that is greater than 2000 watt load is almost insane as all it will heat up to is the 2000 watt. To enforce this, many countries don't retail heaters greater than 2kw load - but advertisers will lie stating that heater X is better than Y due to thermal output and other lies like same.

Simply, all electric heaters are 100% efficient - all electricity is changed to heat. Therefore no 2kw load heater has a higher thermal output than another 2kw heater. Even an advertised 3kw heater can't pull more than 16.7/13a from a circuit.. therefore even the 3kw advertised heater will only give 2kw of heat.

If we look at the 'smart' / 'digital' etc heaters, they are using part of the 2kw load to power the green led or digital circuit. It is still pulling 2kw, but a fraction of that electricity is being used to give you the green led. This means, this $200+ unit is more expensive to heat a room than the $20 cheap unit. 

Now we get to the concept of moving the heat to the room - one has to heat the air for the air to heat the room. The greater the thermal difference between the heat source and the air, the faster the temprature will get into the air. However, this only lasts for a few seconds until the air around the heater reaches the same temp as the heat source. This air now heats the air beside it, but that process is very very inefficient - the transfer of thermal energy via air molocules since air has spaces between it, and heat transfer needs a medium.

The way this is improved is using fans, to blow already heated air away from the heat source and alow the colder air to touch the heat source and thus get heated. Since hot air is lighter than cold air, it raises up. This pushes the cold air out of it's way and one has an air flow. As a result, to get more heat from a heater, it has to be as low as possible. Otherwise, one is heating the ceiling of a room and using the weak thermal transfer of air to heat lower in the room.

Conclusion

As a result, the best electric heater to heat a room is one that has a fan and a stat in it. It moves the air across the heat source, and when the room reaches a set temp., it switches off. Depending on the heat loss of the room controls how long the heater is adding heat to the room. These heaters are normally floor models at about $20, a lot better than the fancy Dyson or similar expensive junk.

As with all heaters, do not use to dry clothes. All that does is turn the wetness in the clothes into steam to condense on your windows, increase the heat loss at the window (due to water touching the glass and providing a medium for heat transfer) and increase your heating costs... so a $5 worth of insulation or 1c of common sense is much better than $50 energy to heat.