LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Where are you on wetness indicators?

Little Sherri

Where are you on Wetness Indicators   

83 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like wetness indicators on a diaper?

• Yes, I prefer diapers that have them, or, my caregiver does.
    • I don't mind them but they're not a necessary feature - I'm neutral on it.
    • I don't like them because they tell anyone who sees my diaper that I'm wet.
    • I just don't like the way they look, they remind me of medical diapers.
    • I wear cloth diapers, this doesn't apply to me.

On 9/24/2023 at 8:24 PM, FretaBWet said:

I voted I just don’t like the way they look, they remind me of medical diapers. The weird thing is I mostly wear Better Drys and before I switched from Confidry 24/7’s which are both medical looking. When my dipee is wet you don’t really need a wetness indicator to know. My wife loves loves loves diapers with disappearing wetness indicators, they make her feel so small.

Hugs,

Freta

Why yes, yes I do!!! 100% 

• Haha 1

Combination of the above. I actually don't mind using them myself because I don't really trust my tactile sense to tell me how wet I am, even after ten years. I also think they're useful when I have a caregiver. However, they're potentially uncomfortable if I'm pantsless around someone I don't know very well. I'm fine with being IC but I'm still oddly sensitive about people literally being able to see me wet myself in real time. It makes me feel infantilised in a way that isn't enjoyable.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Kaliborio said:

Combination of the above. I actually don't mind using them myself because I don't really trust my tactile sense to tell me how wet I am, even after ten years. I also think they're useful when I have a caregiver. However, they're potentially uncomfortable if I'm pantsless around someone I don't know very well. I'm fine with being IC but I'm still oddly sensitive about people literally being able to see me wet myself in real time. It makes me feel infantilised in a way that isn't enjoyable.

I feel this!

Will change before a doctor's appointment even if barely wet...for whatever reason, even though they know I need them, I still feel the need to hide it. It's like...it's one thing to wear them and another to see a reminder of what eventually happens.

• Like 2
On 10/6/2023 at 11:26 PM, Kaliborio said:

It makes me feel infantilised in a way that isn't enjoyable.

I had this feeling yesterday evening; I usually don't mind being seen in a diaper by my wife - indeed, I typically spend the latter part of most evenings in my sleepwear, which is a t-shirt and a diaper. We watch a show or my wife does, and I read, and it's fine. However, yesterday, I was in a Tranquility ATN, which is a white diaper with a wetness indicator, and I was in it for a fairly long shift - I was cleaning up leaves in yard, happily dribbling away, no real concern about leaks since I was wearing old jeans and working on my own property, anyway. I didn't want to precipitate a leak, but, I wore that diaper much further than I would have, had I been indoors, or out in public. 

The diaper did not leak, but, by the time I got into the house, it was soggy and saggy. I went upstairs to our room, tossed my jeans in the wash, and got a bedtime diaper out of my drawer, when my wife came out of the attached washroom - I hadn't realized she was in there. She then started asking me a bunch of questions about some car maintenance we have scheduled. I wanted to take a shower so I didn't plan to put anything else on until that was done, leaving me in a heavy, slightly yellow diaper with angry green smears in a dashed line from the front to the back, embroiled in a conversation. She then started pulling laundry out of a basket and handing it to me, and I could feel the bottom of the diaper sagging and swaying as I carted stuff over to the closet and drawers. Finally, I called a halt to the proceedings, and asked if we could pick up the conversation after I changed my diaper. 

The whole time, I felt like I was wearing a blinking sign that said I'd wet myself. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Wetness indicators can be valuable if I am training or retraining someone.  One of the first steps I use in the process is teaching someone how to tell when they are wet. 

Some people don't know when they are wet or they won't tell someone that they are wet so wetness indicators come in handy.

If someone is embarrassed about being in diapers I will put pants over their diaper so people won't see the wetness indicator and know that they wet their diaper. 

• Like 4
  • 3 months later...

Since I am responsible for my own diaper changes and most often have some sort of clothing on over my diapers, the wetness indicator is rather useless but if it enhances the design  ahead of time, I don't  mind.  I just wouldn't pay extra for a diaper that has one over one that doesn't.  Perhaps if I ever get my Hubby to play Daddy again, I might change my mind and stock up on some for his sake.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

They don't exist for my cloth diapers, and that's just fine. I don't need them and wouldn't miss them if they were gone.

• Like 2

I am neutral on wetness indicators but I certainly don't need them on my diaper. I know when I wet and I am fairly accurate at judging when I should change before leaking. If I ever leaked on the furniture, my wife would not be happy.

• Like 2

I had cause to revisit my thoughts on this recently when I'd stayed in the same diaper for probably longer than was strictly prudent, and then my wife and I got home and both headed up to the bedroom to get into comfy clothes, and I dropped my jeans and my diaper was shouting "Help Me!". Although to be honest, at that point, you could tell it was pretty wet, anyway. The indicator was somewhat redundant. Still made me a tad self-conscious, but that's the diapered life, isn't it?

• Like 1

I really like them. I enjoy watching the strip on ABU's Little Kings turn blue, or the Little Pawz fade. It makes wearing more fun to me, but I do understand they could be inconvenient for some

On 4/12/2024 at 9:11 AM, BabyJune said:

Cloth diapers here!

That means that Mommy or Nursie knows you are quite wet by how you smell and how wet you are by lifting or getting under your skirt, putting her hand inside your rubber panties anf feeling around on your diaper

There are so many things that diaper companies can do with wetness indicators.  They, for example, could have a diaper that looks plain white and once it gets wet huge smiling faces could appear as the wetness indicator!  It might even say, "Change Me".  Maybe it could be a hidden wetness indicator that makes the diaper look like rain drops or a waterfall.  Personally, I could take them or leave them but I think AB companies are missing the mark by not having fun types of wetness indicators for plain white diapers.  It might cost a little more, but premium adult AB diapers are not cheap anyway.