LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How to provoke bed wetting?

Gentlemen, I have a question: what are the best methods to provoke bed wetting, what can be done to cause this even in a healthy or relatively healthy person?
I practice bladder massage and try to drink more at night, but I wake up or can't sleep. What do you recommend?

• Confused 1

Not a gentelman, but I'll still add my two cents. A lot of incontinence or diaper training seems to be pyschological. Some bed-wetting hypnosis might help you get into the bedwetter mindset. Even if you're not wetting the bed yet, it might help to identify yourself as a bedwetter since/ if that's what you've decided to be. You're a bedwetter who doesn't wet the bed yet! Hypnoisis isn't magic, but from what people have posted online, it seems to have helped some people a bit. 

That, and training, creating a routine and sticking with it. If you wear diapers to bed, do so every night just like you physically needed them. When you wake up, wet your diaper and try to go back to sleep. Do this every night and hopefully you'll get into the routine and retrain your body to accept that it is okay to wet the diaper and not in a toilet. It takes time and perserverence. 

Best of luck in your journey!

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ll reiterate that the first step is to just wear diapers to bed every night. Start to tell yourself that you need to wear them because you are a bed wetter. What helped me is that I would wet them a little before I went to bed. That way I was mentally telling myself that it is okay to wet the bed. If you haven’t, learn to pee while laying down. Also, stay hydrated.

Be sure to wear diapers you can trust. If you are worried about leaks then your body won’t be able to fully relax and it’ll wake you up when you need to go.

It’ll be easier for some people. I know that some struggle to get to this step, while it comes rather quickly for others. Just stick with it and before you know it you’ll be waking up with soaked diapers!

Call it nasty names like "Smelly Shelly". Tell it that you are not afraid of it because it will never bother you. Tell it that it is such a baby that it still needs diapers and rubber panties. Tell it that its mother semlls like a toilet

If those things do not provoke it, I do not know what will

I've been wearing diapers to bed for 5+ years and I'm still not a reliable bedwetter, but I do wet the bed involuntarily on occasion, or rather, my diaper. I guess that's "mission accomplished", if the mission was to make myself back into a bedwetter of sorts - I was a champion bedwetter as a kid, but apparently it's a skill that is not exactly like riding a bicycle. But I can legitimately say now that it's not a good idea for me to go to bed without protection on, and, I will sleep like crap if I try to do that, because I'll be worried about wetting. It can happen three times in a week, or once in three weeks. By "it", I mean an actual, unrecalled, involuntary wetting incident. I wake up almost every night at some point and wet my diaper, but those don't count because I woke up. I'd love for that process to become more automated, and occasionally, it does. 

For what it's worth, I'd say that "practicing" bedwetting has been the key for me. At first, I had to push, and wait, and deliberately relax, because peeing while lying down doesn't come naturally to those who don't do it very often. Eventually I got to the point where all I had to do was relax, and I'd start wetting, and then I would drift off to sleep while it was still happening. My theory is that having the need to pee causes me to rouse a bit, but, I've let myself go so many times in a half-awake state, that on occasion now, I let myself go without waking up. My subconscious is getting the memo... permission does not have to be sought from the executive suite for this. But it still only works occasionally. Drinking alcohol definitely helps, I think because I sleep deeper, and, there's more fluid in there to process. For some reason, staying over at friends' places or in a hotel tends to make it more likely, as well - I suspect because my bladder, or the Universe, has a sense of humour, and they know that a leak under such circumstances would be more problematic than when it happens while I'm lying on sheets I own. 

Going to bed a bit wet helps as well - it seems to lower the inhibitions somewhat. I guess we are less inclined to wet a dry garment. Loading up with fluids would presumably help as well, although I find that when I REALLY need to pee, the strong urge is more likely to wake me up, so I don't drink a gallon of water right before I go to bed - I just have a tall glass of water right before lights-out. It's also a good idea to wear a diaper you trust - if you're afraid you'll leak, that might be enough to inhibit the behaviour. At least in theory. 

• Like 4
On 8/2/2023 at 12:42 AM, LiChBo said:

Gentlemen, I have a question: what are the best methods to provoke bed wetting, what can be done to cause this even in a healthy or relatively healthy person?
I practice bladder massage and try to drink more at night, but I wake up or can't sleep. What do you recommend?

I’ve done it.  I’ve become a bedwetter.  It’s not every night but I’m not reliably dry anymore and I was the kid who was dry at night before 2.5 years of age.  @Little Sherri really has pretty much nailed it.  It's about faking it until you make it.  Put on a diaper, go to bed, pee in it, repeat.  Empty your bladder into it before you fall asleep (no need to soak it, a damp spot is fine) and every time you stir during the night, pee.  When you wake in the morning, pee, before you get up.  Over months or years, it will start to happen by itself.  At first it will be ambiguous.  I had these kind of "Did I or didn't I?" experiences but eventually, it will become clear that on some nights at least, you DID!

The only thing I’d add to what Sherri has already told you is that trying to provoke a bedwetting in my experience, has the opposite effect.  For me, it was more about becoming highly accustomed to wetting in bed and being wet in bed (diapers at least). 

If I went to bed contriving to wet it (by mentally planning, loading on fluids or just wishing for it) I would invariably wake up instead.  It’s when I’m not paying attention to it that the pee fairies come to visit.  For ages I would “test” myself by changing myself before bed and falling asleep “dry”.  That trick NEVER worked.  It does work now, sometimes, but that’s after a lot of practice.  I just needed to NOT think about it but let nature take its course over time.

Again like Sherri, if I drink an aquarium's worth of fluid before bed, it's more likely I will go straight to "urgency" and my bladder will wake me.  Reasonably well hydrated is sufficient.

It’s taken a number of years to become established.  I don’t pee in my sleep every night but I’m probably a little further down the road than Sherri.  Going a whole week without bedwetting would be unusual for me.  As time goes by, the “supports” needed for a bedwetting event to occur fade and the behaviour becomes more robust.   Alcohol helps but I’ve also had wet sleeps after “dry” evenings now.  I don't even need a nappy anymore.  I tried skipping the nappy and found myself cold, wet and uncomfortable at 3am.

And now, the obligatory “careful what you wish for” warning:  once it starts happening, it’s out of your control.  Although I’m frequently dry at night (well wet, I just wet deliberately instead), I MUST wear nappies to bed because I may well pee in my sleep.  That requirement does not stop for hotels, sleep-overs at friends places etc.  I’m just as likely to wet the bed at a Hilton as my own and I’ve no way to tell whether or not it will happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
On 8/1/2023 at 10:42 AM, LiChBo said:

Years ago struggling with dry nights I had success with the following:

During the day scale a mountain, shovel a few tons of dirt or do most anything that result in physical exhaustion.   Then an hour or two before going to bed begin sipping on beer while relaxing with a good book or whatever works for you.  Continue with beer till you break the seal.  After emptying bladder go to bed and hope for the best.

Not every time, but this often resulted in my wetting the bed.  Best part, the more I used the procedure the easier it was to achieve the goal till I began having “nocturnal accidents” without any effort or planning.  Happy to say, I now wet the bed (diaper) almost every night with only a glass of water.

Good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Something I did inadvertently brought bed wetting on and it wasn’t what I wanted and immediately reacted to stop it.

Years ago I wanted to see what it felt to wet a bed without wetting the actual bed.  I laid a plastic painters tarp on top of my bed and laid on top full clothed, released my bladder and felt the warmth cover my body. Was a unusual experience and somewhat enjoyable.  I was already on the early end of becoming OAB so wetting was super easy but only once in my adult life did I wet the bed.

The morning after I had done this bed wetting experiment I woke up to myself wetting my bed, quickly jumped out of bed and proceeded to finish while standing next to my bed.  Not wanting to be a bed wetter this was the last time I had ever done this experiment.  How quickly my body was trained to “enjoy” and/or “think this was Ok” surprised the hell out of me.

So take this as an idea and be ready to change your clothes, but not you bedding until you’re ready.

On 8/1/2023 at 12:45 PM, Cute_Kitten said:

That, and training, creating a routine and sticking with it. If you wear diapers to bed, do so every night just like you physically needed them. When you wake up, wet your diaper and try to go back to sleep. Do this every night and hopefully you'll get into the routine and retrain your body to accept that it is okay to wet the diaper and not in a toilet. It takes time and perserverence. 

Best of luck in your journey!

I’ve got my fingers crossed!!  Been trying exactly that!

Wetting at night / bed wetting is something the body wants to do, but has been convinved not to do as it interrups sleep. As a result, to regain that behaviour means teaching yourself that it is OK to wet the bed AND that doing same will not intrupt your sleep.

The easy way is to reinstate the same scenario you had as a baby where it was expected that you would wet and even mess in your sleep - and your sleep would not be disturbed. As others have already stated, it is mental / pschycologial and not physical.

Wearing diapers, and wetting same before sleep is a good start as it tells your mind that it is expected to use said diapers. However, the adult side of the mind keeps kicking in where it doesn't really trust the capacity of the diaper - as a result, it tries a little every night till it feels the feedback, and then restricts wetting until morning where you have a full bladder. This is the body holding back as it doesn't trust the diaper.

Lying fully dressed on a plastic coated bed is also a good start as a reminder of younger youth were the question was in your mind should or should you not wet while asleep - i.e. when you were being toilet trained overnight.

Hypnosis also attempts to address this, but hypnosis is only deep sugestions which you are free to ignore. As a result, unless you fully accept that you should wet / mess (if you want) in bed, the hypnosis will fail.

If we add each of the concepts together, we get the following :-

• Thick multi-layer cloth diapers (thick enough to make you waddle) put on early, lets say 1-2 hours before bedtime.
  • Plastic pants, the noisier the better.
  • Under your bed sheet, a plastic sheet - again, the noisier the better.
  • Coat everything with baby powder - your bedroom must reek of it.
  • Instead of a top sheet / blanket, were a footed sleeper at least 1 size too big for you.
  • A plushie and a pacifier and a baby bottle of warm water to go asleep while cuddling / drinking / suckling.
  • Hypnotic recording OR keep saying to yourself as you are in bed, 'I am a good baby' , 'Good babies wet their diapers', 'Good babies mess their diapers' over and over again.
  • Drink enough water over the day so you will need to void at least ones before bedtime. The thick diapers should be damp before you go to bed - still, don't change until at least an hour after you get up.

As I said, reinstate the same scenario you were in as a 6 month old where anything you put into your diaper was not your concern and it is fully accepted that you void whenever you feel like it awake / asleep. The smell of the baby powder, the noise of the plastic plus the plushie etc will convince your mind that you are only 6 month old who uses their diaper. You telling yourself the same that you are a good baby... also convinces your mind to act accordingly. Once your mind accepts it, your body will adapt and stop producing vasopressin, a chemical most adults produce to reduce the amount of water in ones urine so the bladder can handle 6-8 hours without overfilling. This change also allows the mind to go into a deeper level of sleep where those who have adapted / who are overnight wetters get the best nights sleep since they were babies.

On 8/24/2023 at 3:38 PM, babykeiff said:

Wetting at night / bed wetting is something the body wants to do, but has been convinved not to do as it interrups sleep. As a result, to regain that behaviour means teaching yourself that it is OK to wet the bed AND that doing same will not intrupt your sleep.

The easy way is to reinstate the same scenario you had as a baby where it was expected that you would wet and even mess in your sleep - and your sleep would not be disturbed. As others have already stated, it is mental / pschycologial and not physical.

Wearing diapers, and wetting same before sleep is a good start as it tells your mind that it is expected to use said diapers. However, the adult side of the mind keeps kicking in where it doesn't really trust the capacity of the diaper - as a result, it tries a little every night till it feels the feedback, and then restricts wetting until morning where you have a full bladder. This is the body holding back as it doesn't trust the diaper.

Lying fully dressed on a plastic coated bed is also a good start as a reminder of younger youth were the question was in your mind should or should you not wet while asleep - i.e. when you were being toilet trained overnight.

Hypnosis also attempts to address this, but hypnosis is only deep sugestions which you are free to ignore. As a result, unless you fully accept that you should wet / mess (if you want) in bed, the hypnosis will fail.

If we add each of the concepts together, we get the following :-

• Thick multi-layer cloth diapers (thick enough to make you waddle) put on early, lets say 1-2 hours before bedtime.
  • Plastic pants, the noisier the better.
  • Under your bed sheet, a plastic sheet - again, the noisier the better.
  • Coat everything with baby powder - your bedroom must reek of it.
  • Instead of a top sheet / blanket, were a footed sleeper at least 1 size too big for you.
  • A plushie and a pacifier and a baby bottle of warm water to go asleep while cuddling / drinking / suckling.
  • Hypnotic recording OR keep saying to yourself as you are in bed, 'I am a good baby' , 'Good babies wet their diapers', 'Good babies mess their diapers' over and over again.
  • Drink enough water over the day so you will need to void at least ones before bedtime. The thick diapers should be damp before you go to bed - still, don't change until at least an hour after you get up.

As I said, reinstate the same scenario you were in as a 6 month old where anything you put into your diaper was not your concern and it is fully accepted that you void whenever you feel like it awake / asleep. The smell of the baby powder, the noise of the plastic plus the plushie etc will convince your mind that you are only 6 month old who uses their diaper. You telling yourself the same that you are a good baby... also convinces your mind to act accordingly. Once your mind accepts it, your body will adapt and stop producing vasopressin, a chemical most adults produce to reduce the amount of water in ones urine so the bladder can handle 6-8 hours without overfilling. This change also allows the mind to go into a deeper level of sleep where those who have adapted / who are overnight wetters get the best nights sleep since they were babies.

I have been in diapers for every night for just over a month now on a journey to bedwetting. I have done similar in the past but not made it much further than a month but this time it’s different. In the past I’ve tried to force Bedwetting through heavy reliance on hypnosis but this time I’m taking it slower and letting my body become accustomed to diapers every night. I’ve been doing many of the things on this list and it has helped me enormously. 

Even after 1 month I’ve already had a couple of nights where, even though I was wet slightly when I went to sleep, I am certain I am peeing during the night since I wake up with a very heavy diaper and no urge to pee in the morning despite my water intake before bed. 

I think the most critical point has been having reliable protection that even when your awake allows you to go in any position without second guessing yourself. 

I have been reliably waking up we now so nights it’s mostly from before I fall asleep but I know I’m releasing as I’m falling asleep and not consciously going. 

Something I have noticed is that your bladder needs to essentially be empty before you fall asleep, as it. You are not actively holding. If you are holding then it is likely your body will just try to hold it until the morning but is your diaper is already slightly wet and you bladder knows it doesn’t need to get to the point where it’s forcibly holding anything back, it is more likely to release as needed during the night. 

At this stage I have no intention of quitting and it has been incredibly rewarding waking up extra soggy. 

I definitely recommend establishing the ground work to facilitate Bedwetting rather than trying to jump to the end product like I’ve done in the past. You may not be able to tell if you have officially wet in your sleep for some time but the stages before that can be just as exciting as the small steps of progress keep you motivated on the journey. 

1 hour ago, longislandguy said:

Thanks for the advice. I keep waking up to go and it’s maddening. Nothing would make me happier than to sleep through my wettings. 

If you have an FL account, I wrote an FAQ about how I did this to myself:  https://fetlife.com/users/445082/posts/6694351

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, oznl said:

If you have an FL account, I wrote an FAQ about how I did this to myself:  https://fetlife.com/users/445082/posts/6694351

Your FL post is very insightful. I’m only a month in and already at the stage of blurring the lines of when I have peed during the night. The trick not going to bed with a full bladder has been the thing that has made it different this time for me and I have just slipped into the routine. 

• Like 1
On 8/1/2023 at 4:42 PM, LiChBo said:

What do you recommend?

For instant and 100% guaranteed success I would recommend a stent. I never wake up dry, it is simply impossible. 

It really pains me to read reports of fellow kinksters struggling with unpotty training, knowing that with some experimentation and perseverance, everyone should be able to make a safe, and comfortable stent that really works. Instantly, all the time, wherever you are and whatever you do.

I know, I know, to each his own, but to me it really seems like a waste of time and energy. 

• Like 1

I just started wearing diapers to bed every night. When I woke up needing to pee I would just go as soon as I was aware in what ever position I was in and go back to sleep like nothing happened, even if I leaked. Over time it just became easier to do until one day I woke up in the morning wet with no memory of going. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 8/26/2023 at 7:24 PM, Jay8787 said:

I just started wearing diapers to bed every night. When I woke up needing to pee I would just go as soon as I was aware in what ever position I was in and go back to sleep like nothing happened, even if I leaked. Over time it just became easier to do until one day I woke up in the morning wet with no memory of going. 

On 8/26/2023 at 7:24 PM, Jay8787 said:

It is the only way really. Glad you reached your goal.

• Like 1
On 8/26/2023 at 12:09 AM, cathdiap said:

For instant and 100% guaranteed success I would recommend a stent. I never wake up dry, it is simply impossible. 

It really pains me to read reports of fellow kinksters struggling with unpotty training, knowing that with some experimentation and perseverance, everyone should be able to make a safe, and comfortable stent that really works. Instantly, all the time, wherever you are and whatever you do.

I know, I know, to each his own, but to me it really seems like a waste of time and energy. 

To be fair, remember that not everyone is comfortable with sticking something their pee hole. Untraining simply carries less risks than using stents do so it's no surprise to me that some people opt to not use stents.

For example, I'm fairly experienced with catheters and the second time I tried using a stent it migrated into my bladder and I had to go to the ER to get it removed (probably the most embarrassing day of my life, tbh; I was certainly the talk of the ER that day, without a doubt). It's been a number of years since that experience happened and I've been avoiding stents ever since probably due to some small PTSD surrounding the issue. I'm slowly psyching myself back up to try the stent path again, and hopefully I'll have more success in the future. Note to self, make sure the retrieval line is much longer this time! lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2023 at 2:24 PM, Jay8787 said:

Did you have a history of bed wetting?  Are you also wearing during the day?  After about how many months or years did you notice the change?

On 8/26/2023 at 1:24 PM, Jay8787 said:

This is my ultimate goal…..and exactly what I have been doing lately.  I’ve been going at least once when I wake up during the night. 

• Like 1
On 9/17/2023 at 11:37 AM, longislandguy said:

Did you have a history of bed wetting?  Are you also wearing during the day?  After about how many months or years did you notice the change?

No history of bedwetting, am wearing during the day, about 6 months. 

• 3 months later...

Well I embarrased to say even though I have an underactive bladder with incontinence issues I have begged my Urologist to make me fully urinary incontinent as I can not deal with the unpredictability as well as my GP is telling me I am harming my Kidneys by not drinking enough due to the unpredictability of bladder behavour either overfilling to point of pain and sometimes struggle to release.

Also waking up bloody 5+ times a night and having falls about once per week (mobility issues due to spine and feet).