LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Recession ABDL

Inflation has been affecting our habits, especially where we spend our money.  Gas and Food are affecting us but so is housing.   Construction costs for our new house sky rocketed.   I feel bad for all the young people starting out, faced with expensive rent or out of reach home-ownership.  Luxury items will take a hit if this continues and for some in this community it will come down to priorities.   I really feel for those on fixed incomes that have to make tough choices.

Joey

• Like 1

I'm lucky that I have a low rent or I might have been homeless..  or worse, had to sell car..

With my current rent there is no rush/need to buy a house.  (About 300 USD)

• Like 1

Diapers for me will likely be the  first to go.

I don’t need them so can’t afford to keep spending on them. I’m down to just a few and that’s likely it for me for a long time.

I’ve got other more important things to spend on 

Stagflation will have ZERO effect on me. Care to guess why?

Cable bill = TV?

Mine is zero as Youtube is fine, then I have other free sources.

No way I'm paying $100 to watch TV... most I have ever paid is $10 for Netflic etc. 

10 hours ago, 2sail2 said:

Trimming the cable bill again.  Was $232, now down to $119.  Every month  it just kept creeping up.  

@2sail2Ah, yes.... Comcast (and other Cable companies) and their ever game playing on rates...  give you something for six months or so, then raising to their "normal" price, and then every year bumping up the "normal", plus charges for add ons, etc., such as Cable TV options, increased network bandwidth, VOIP phone, etc.  I prefer my current FIOS provider that is an "internet" network provider company that took over the old telephone company's lines in this area....  Now phone service is a flat rate add on and internet access rates are competitive.  Still don't take the "TV" option from them....

Best wishes.  If you have a FIOS option available you may want to see what you can do there.  Unfortunately too many areas have only one internet provider, and where that is a cable company, it can get ugly since there is no real competition.  

Well I can’t foretell what is coming our way but I am convinced we have not seen the end of it. Prices will keep rising amongst others and I do belief some serious choices need to be made along the line. At this point they have little or no choice but to increase prices as the raw materials they use got more expensive. If indeed the government will start to control your cash flow adult baby diapers might very well be deemed as a non-essential. If this is the case sales will drop even further and manufacturers will go bankrupt and that could very well be the end of it.

This recession will be different for me because im in a recession proof job so my income shouldn't change much. But for most others, their spending will slow down

• Like 1

Inflation is so high right now, but I'm glad I don't live in other countries where it's way higher!  People tend to think it's just the USA that has high inflation but the problem is world wide.  https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/inflation-rate-by-country  Just like the pandemic, when it's a world wide problem I don't expect it to come down anytime sooner, no matter who is the prime minister or president.

I have my stash of cloth prefolds and plastic (vinyl) pants so it doesn't matter to me. I enjoy disposables, but if push comes to shove, and I need to choose..I can do with out disposables...for quite a while.. ??

"Inflation" is just people/governments starting to realize that we're not going to have a planet anymore with the way we're wasting resources.  Most likely they've concluded the best way to fix this is to set prices much higher so that people will only buy things that they actually need or *really* want.  As much as people complain about "inflation" it's still a lot better than not having a planet anymore and still allows for some freedom of choice (ie someone can skimp on the amount of driving they do to afford diapers, or give up diapers so they can travel more, or make any other such decisions). 

On 7/29/2022 at 1:17 PM, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

Stagflation will have ZERO effect on me. Care to guess why?

Actually, there are two reasons. The first is obvious. The second is the BabyDoll Grooming and Care. Specifically the Bubble Bath and Bath, Body and Baby Oil, made with aloe vera gel: about 1/6, coconut oi about 1/6, Dreft Blissfuls dissolved in water; about 1/8 (since they will not dissolve in the solution) and the rest being glycerin, which is also therapeutic. All BabyDoll products are DIY and they do not harm  rubber panties I tested them with a piece of Comco material, leaving it on for 3 straight full days

If I could find a way to dIY baby powder with the same smell, that would really be the cherry on the sundea

• 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, Dee Cee said:

I am sorry , and I hope this doesn’t come off , too hot ! But this planet is going to be here , doing the same things it has since GOD , made it , All this bunk about gasoline destroying the atmosphere, the earth puts far more pollution every day , way more more than man ! Electric, cars , yeah right , they put out more pollution , and hazardous ☢️ waste than gas ever did , yes there are countries , that pollute far more than we do , and that isn’t ever going to change ! Plus man will destroy , itself way , before the earth goes , kapoot, I know science will bog us down with their facts and figures, but that’s all bullshit , I really don’t think they could find there own butt , with both hands , and a stick , we have been fed a whole bunch of bunk , ever since the 60’s , as we never landed on the moon , a person sees something and believes it just because the news guy says so , don’t fret , we are all being watched over , by a loving GOD , and “not a bird , falls from the sky , apart from the will of my father , so says the Bible ! I’m 68 , and I am not a man that just believes any thing , that can’t be proved , right before my eyes , and there is more proof of the Bible being true , than there is that , you ever existed ! And that’s a fact ! I have done years of research , to back that up !

Oh thats fascinating, I would love to see your research or anything you have published as from what I have observed there is no existence of a Abrahimic God and if there is it should be shunned and not worshipped  so I would love to read your research for myself.

• Like 1

Interesting response, sounds like you have a handful of nothing. Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand, although I don't think so in this case

• Like 1

Well, we are all untitled to our opinions and that's what makes us not boring!  I have thought of bringing something up for a while but didn't want to sound like a punctuation Nazi.  I often like reading some of your posts, Dee Cee, but half way through I have to give up because your overuse of the comma just makes it too hard to read through a sentence.  You make good points as well Ubba.

Just be careful guys to not let things get out of control with each other and get a reprimand from an admin.  Agree to disagree, discuss your points but be civil to each other.  Even though you don't agree, respect each other for your different opinions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

Well, we are all untitled to our opinions and that's what makes us not boring!  I have thought of bringing something up for a while but didn't want to sound like a punctuation Nazi.  I often like reading some of your posts, Dee Cee, but half way through I have to give up because your overuse of the comma just makes it too hard to read through a sentence.  You make good points as well Ubba.

Just be careful guys to not let things get out of control with each other and get a reprimand from an admin.  Agree to disagree, discuss your points but be civil to each other.  Even though you don't agree, respect each other for your different opinions.

Yes I agree, we definitely will need to keep things civil, and try to avoid highjacking the thread aswel. I had to resist the urge to use to full Cool Hand Luke quote as there was name calling in the quote but thought that might bring us down an uncivil road. Its a slippery slope especially when dealing with religion and politics. 

@Dee CeeI know this can sound sarcastic and goading especially when written down in text but I do welcome a spirited debate with you on this and I am treating this all in good humour and not personal. We definitely have polar opposite opinions on religion an politics but I look forward to discuss with you. 

Back to the actual thread topic. Recession's are completely natural but hopefully this recession will not be the same as what happened in the mid naughties I don't think anyone could handle that. I know I can't deal with another lengthy unemployed phase, although I am better educated and have more experience then I did then its still a very real fear. 

I think the only way to avoid catastrophic recessions would be to slightly tweak the capitalist end goal in decision making. I think the key word that needs to be changed is Profit and switched to wealth distribution. 

So instead of looking at a situation and making a decision that will maximise profit the decision should look at which option will maximise wealth distribution. I see this type of philosophy giving the best of both worlds as it will still allow entrepreneurs to make a sinful amount of money but will also allow for lower tier staff to earn a living wage and for products to be affordable. 

That's a very simplistic explanation of how I think the market should change and it would take a couple of generations to sink in. 

As far as it will affect my diaper purchasing power, it will remain to be seen, I don't consume too much normally just order a couple of sample packs every now and again. Although I am running light I do have some diapers that I bought almost ten years ago in my stash which will do in a pinch. 

In 2015 I ditched cable internet and phone , saving myself $250, just before pandemic hit in 2019 I got 2 cases of every color NS supreme & Mega max, they are my “going out & travel diaper “at home I wear cloth & for local short term events I wear the double boosted ATN my insurance provides. So I literally have spent nothing on diapers nor do I plan to for along while ( until prices normalize ?or inflation eases ) I have extensive collection of movies and TV as well as around 4,000 cds of music , I have several streaming TV and movie apps that are bundled with my cellphone service . So I don’t want for much ,nor do I buy much except for food and save save save . I am the guy who uses ads coupons and apps to save money on groceries , during the summer I buy my vegetables cheap from farmers and preserve them for winter, every dollar I save on day to day eating goes towards herbs and spices for the house , so I am prepared to chef up a good meal.

8 hours ago, Dee Cee said:

I thank you for your comments , but me being older than you has in a way , made me understand things that education , just don’t teach , and being on the exact opposite side from you , I know that any further , comments will only lead me to get nasty , and I don’t want to do that , I have learned everything I know ,by being a hard core biker ,and when being , talked down too , because I ain’t book learned like you , that usually ends with me being pulled off a person , by three people , and the other never remembering , what happened …sorry , but I must decline , let’s just leave it at that !

Ok sounds like a plan. I respectfully agree to disagree. 

One last thing though, are you sure you are older than me? Looking at your profile it says you are 5-8 years old and I am like super old I am 16 :D

On 7/29/2022 at 9:12 AM, Dubious said:

I'm lucky that I have a low rent or I might have been homeless..  or worse, had to sell car..

With my current rent there is no rush/need to buy a house.  (About 300 USD)

I’m in that same situation.  I pay around $400 for my place, but it is basically a larger hotel room, converted into a studio apartment.  It’s not bad, but leaves much to be desired in storage and stash space. 

I’ll admit, I’m to blame when it comes to financial woes. I’m trying not to get hooked into acquiring every shiny thing I see on eBay.  It’s been easier, but there are some things I see, while I’m checking out the eBay, Amazon, etc, that make it tough. 

On 10/3/2022 at 9:21 AM, Ubba said:

Oh thats fascinating, I would love to see your research or anything you have published as from what I have observed there is no existence of a Abrahimic God and if there is it should be shunned and not worshipped  so I would love to read your research for myself.

If you dont see God or know He exist I’m sad for you.

However God is seen in the very creation of this world and in the vastness of our universe your ignorance in the end will not save you as He has shown you who He is

• Haha 1