LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hook n Loop Yay or Nay

Spanky

Hook N Loop, Yay or Nay  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on Hook n Loop (Velcro) fasteners?

• I love them
    • I hate them. Give me sticky tapes
    • Depends on the diaper, some velcro tapes are better than others.
    • I've never tried an adult diaper with velcro tapes

So, I've tried some store brand Hook n Loop diapers and wasn't too impressed.   Then I  got some diaper samples from Wearing Clouds,  some were Hook N Loop and I kinda had mixed results with them. 

Then I  got a bag of DinoRawrZ in a mixed half case from ABU and I've been really happy with them.  Just got out of one that I was wearing for about 8 hours,  doing things around the yard and around the house and they held up great.  

Up until this point, I was old school and wanted sticky tapes on my diapers,  but these DinoRawrZ are changing my mind. 

I just got some GatorZ diapers,  but haven't worn one yet.  I'd imagine that those fasteners will hold up as well as the Dino ones do.  I'm going to get some Rearz Mermaids and give them a try as well.  The Rearz Barnyard sample I tried worked well 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

I prefer sticky tapes, but some hook & loop diapers are really good, like the Bambino ultra-stretch lines.

What are hook and loop diapers?! I've NEVER heard of that before. Could you explain that to me???????♥️??? And what's the DIFFERENCE anyway?!????????

• Like 1

I've tried the XP5000 brand and they worked very well. They held as much as a BetterDry and the velcro worked fine. One of my concerns was how I would fold it up after wetting. It turned out there is enough stickiness that holds the tabs down during shipping that I could fold them the same way I do a tape diaper. I think they are a bit more expensive and that's why I went back to BetterDry. I'm actually wearing one in my profile pic.

• Like 1

I am suprised that this discussion is still going on. the fasteners quit after awhile and you cannot fasten the diaper to fit  properly since you have to line up the hooks with the loop. With pins, you fit the diaper how you like. Sofor both fit and durability, it is a bad system

This is like the AIO: A discussion that should have ended years ago

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

For the cloth like diapers, you have to have a velcro ( hook and loop) type tab. This is only because with a sticky 'tape' style, the tape fills up with 'fuzz' from the outer shell, and becomes useless. With a 'gripper' or velcro type tab, it can be refastened repeatedly with out clogging. They also grip and hold tighter. At least this is my experience with the Seni diapes , which have a clth like outer shell, and 'gripper' tabs. They hold very well, and I have yet to have one tear or pop off.

Sticky tapes are best with the poly or plastic outer shell, as they have something to actually stick to. Over all,I like the gripper or 'hook and loop' idea for strength and security ..??

11 minutes ago, iweardiapers said:

I hate hook and loops, I also hate Crinklz tapes which is unfortunate because Crinklz are very comfortable just wish they had better tapes 

You can use packing tape or duct tape.  

I just wish the velcro bands went 100 miles wide.   They dig into my legs.  I guess they do that to try to hold up the rear bottom?  My solution: I cut mine in half, bottom half goes on top.  Top half goes middle.

9 hours ago, BabyJeggySpideyBoy said:

What are hook and loop diapers?! I've NEVER heard of that before. Could you explain that to me???????♥️??? And what's the DIFFERENCE anyway?!????????

Hook N Loop is another name for Velcro. 

• Like 2

Velcro is a trademark.   Hook and loop is the generic term for it and they had the patent for it until the mid-seventies, so the name has been synonymous with it.

I'm not overly fond of "cloth" backed diapers where most H&L tapes reside.   A few plastic ones have a nubby landing zone and use a H&L-like closure.

@Spanky

I Chose Option 2 here :)

I am NOT very fond of Cloth Diapers or Hook and Loop Tapes, because i notice that the tapes are low quality, and seem to be too SHORT, and also seem to not be made so that the diaper does NOT separate from the tapes, because they rip off and it makes the diaper USELESS.

The Megamax Tapes are ONE Tape, and they don't need a blue tab to be able to refasten:  You have to do it Carefully, because if you go too FAST removing them, you may have them not stick to what you want, where you want.  It's a game you play with the tapes :)

Brian

I had a stretch where I was essentially 24/7 but I liked the h&l/cloth diaper for work as it made it easy to get them down in case I wanted to use the toilet for #2.

• Like 1

I’m a convert for hook and loop (generic Velcro if you will) plastic backed diapers for a few reasons as I wear 24/7. Hook and look diapers (incontrol hybrids for me) are my casual wear diaper when out and about or around the house (I wear NS Supreme with tapes at work) I like them because they are quieter and easier to discreetly change, like in the airport bathroom, at the bathroom in the Wendy’s, etc. Also you can readjust them. I used to hate. Now I love. ?

• Like 1

I don't wear hook and loop diapers myself because I don't wear cloth backed disposables. My cloth night diapers pin on and I only wear plastic backed disposables during the day.

Hugs,

Freta

That's a definite Yay from me, whether on plastic-backed diapers with a landing zone (typically ABDL brands), or nonwoven fabric backed (usually non-ABDL brands, Abenas, SENI etc). 

I've found sticky tapes to vary in quality much more than velcro* tapes, since sticky tapes can be found on anything from the cheapest rubbish to the highest quality product, but velcro, when talking ABDL diapers, are typically on the higher-end of the scale (ABU Dinos, Tykables, ...) and I find them to just work better. Without landing zone, sticky tapes can be readjusted once and that's it, and if that's done, there's a good chance the outer plastic will be torn when you take it off. Also the adhesive collects dust, hairs (which I have a lot of, shoulder-blade leghth) and other fibers that reduce their stickiness, and if they happen to get oily, that's pretty much game over for sticky tapes.
Velcro doesn't have any of those issues.

That being said, I haven't tried any "store brand" diapers with cheaply made velcro tapes, since that's not really a common thing in my general area, so I'm not without bias I guess.

*(I know that Velcro is actually a registered trademark, but it's much less awkward of a name than hook-and-loop, so I'll stick with that. There's a reason why it's become a genericized trademark. Like Pampers ;) )

16 hours ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

I am suprised that this discussion is still going on

Well, Little BabyDoll Christine, it would not be you, would it, if you had not contributed with your entirely off-topic, unsolicited, cloth-diaper-snob comment about how much you despise disposable diapers, and consider anyone who prefers them beneath you.  

• Like 1

The only bonus with hook*n loop is that the tapes can be refastened when you place the tapes wrong, but I have yet to place a tape so wrong that it wont be useable, but I have placed many hook*n loop tapes "wrong", but its not wrong as its the same place I put the tapes, the hook is just much stiffer and doesn't properly follow the shape, so hook is best for slim people, or at least those that get the tapes in front and not near the curvy sides. 
Never a problem with top hooks, only the lower ones near thighs. 

47 minutes ago, Dprczyone said:

The XP5000's I had lasted 12 to 14 hours. They never quit holding at all. Even after refastening numerous times.

This was in Diaper Lovers, not Porducts - Disposables and the subject title was just "Hook and Loop", which has been a subject  in cloth diapers for years

Let's delete this section of posts

• Confused 1
35 minutes ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

This was in Diaper Lovers, not Porducts - Disposables and the subject title was just "Hook and Loop", which has been a subject  in cloth diapers for years

Don't play dumb. I know you can take a hint, but choose not to. From Spanky's OP it's clearly obvious, without needing to read between lines, that he's talking about disposables. Besides, Diaper Lovers has a whole subforum dedicated to Cloth diapers, and this thread is not in it.

You know what bothers me, that you present your opinions and preferences like objective truths when they aren't.
There isn't one superior type of diaper just like there isn't one superior type of shirt. I personally prefer polo. Someone can't stand to even think about wearing polo, and that's fine. There's no need to be high and mighty about it.

What you do, and I there is undoubtedly a pattern as of late, is like some kind of proselytizing about one true religion of cloth diapers pins and plastic pants. 

Yes, I've heard the good word, thank you, but no, thank you. Still not interested, let alone convinced. And I bet I'm not alone in that regard.

• Like 1