LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What are you having for dinner tonight?

~Brian~

That's been the debate since lunch. Smart and sensible salad, or go screw it, it's the weekend, stressed out from work, school's fried my brain (but only 2 classes left after this one huzzah!)...and go splurge on delicious, horrible super duper bad for you fast food. Burger and fries. Or chicken and waffle fries.. ??  or tacos. because tacos. ?

• Like 1

Tonight I had Trinity United Methodist Church’s annual chicken pie dinner. Had chicken pie, potatoes, squash, coleslaw, beet relish, cranberry sauce, and apple pie. This year it cost $12. They will have another one in a couple weeks and I probably will get that again so I’ll be able to have two of them this is one of the best meals they make and they’re really good at it. Because of COVID-19, They have decided to do it as a drive up event, where a car will come up, they’ll ask your name, mark it off, and then you pay your $12 times the number of meals you want. If you want meat relish the small ones are four dollars and the large ones are six dollars.

This was a good idea because I had to go into the office anyway to do work. After I had done my work, I played a little bit on the iPad, checked in here a couple times, and then played my switch for a couple of games before going outside. It’s like 57° right now so it’s not too bad, and let me tell you my diaper is saturated. I even put my two boosters in, so it did get it’s use.  

I am very fortunate that I have a very good team of individuals that I work with. Every year they seem to get this better and better, because they have this down to a science. I even ran into an uncle of mine that I haven’t seen in about 15 years and my aunt as well. I had to have him remove his mask so that I know who he was because I couldn’t remember it, and when I found out who it was, I was like “Oh My Goodness, what an awesome surprise!“ The bus pick me up at five, and he was one of the vehicles in line so all we did was move a few vehicles up and he pulled into the parking lot and did a circle, and then I climbed aboard using the lift.

been raining most of the day but at least it is not too cold. Looking forward to being able to take a hot shower and then sit in my chair and a shirt in a diaper and relax!

Brian

40 minutes ago, Cute_Kitten said:

That's been the debate since lunch. Smart and sensible salad, or go screw it, it's the weekend, stressed out from work, school's fried my brain (but only 2 classes left after this one huzzah!)...and go splurge on delicious, horrible super duper bad for you fast food. Burger and fries. Or chicken and waffle fries.. ??  or tacos. because tacos. ?

Tacos can be smart and sensible!  Pescado with nice rare tuna and a citrus slaw with pickled red onions = yummy and healthy!  

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Cute_Kitten said:

@Cute_Kitten

Best thing to do when you’re stressed, is to eat something that you like and it helps. I can tell you from experience that when I was in school, and it was getting to be crunch time, especially when I was a senior they were times where I had to take a break and say “what the heck am I doing I need to take a break and I need to relax”.

From time to time I will also splurge on “bad for you fast food“ the problem is that I seem to do it more often than not and I don’t really need the pounds.  I need to lose weight and I hope that my nutrition coach will be able to help me with some of that. I also like tacos and burritos but when I did mine, I do it a little different: I have them do a “Bowl”. And they load it with:  Brown rice or white rice, extra meat, most likely beef or chicken, cheese, taco seasoning, tomatoes, and sour cream. I always have a soda with that, or a container of water.  Sometimes you just have to say, “screw it let’s do it“ I have a friend named Steve, and my friend Steve is blind, and he taught me a lesson, and one of his favorite sayings is: “you have to take a risk in life sometimes, so screw it and do it“ I always will remember my friend Steve because he was always a awesome guy and he taught me a lot.

I also had instances while I was in college where I would take a 2 AM run to the local subway and get subs. There are times that I was so hungry at 3 o’clock in the morning it was ridiculous, but I don’t do that much anymore. Most of the things I eat I either make myself, or I order out. Sometimes I even get “home-cooked food“ but after July 4 this year I don’t know if I’ll ever get anymore.

since you’re dealing with all the pressures of school and other things go ahead and give yourself a treat and don’t worry about it!  Congratulations on only having two classes left. When I ended up starting as a freshman in my Associates program, I thought to myself “man that should be easy I did all of my associates work and that was a piece of cake“. However I learned when I started my bachelors program, that everything was triple the homework triple the reading, and triple the stress. I learned how to manage that stress quite easily after about a month. Most of what they want you to do is read a bunch of pages more like 400 or more in your classes. Most of what happened is I skimmed most of that because if I say actually in a chair and actually spent time reading everything they assigned I wouldn’t get anything else done and I probably would be falling asleep at the console.  They say when you graduate in high school “this is the first day of the rest of your life“. I remember when I finally graduated my associates program I was so happy I cried very hard. Most people would think that I’m crazy for crying after graduating, but since I have CP and my life has been a challenge after a challenge after challenge, it makes it a little harder. Most people would end up making their mark on the wall, but in my case I make a mark on the wall and some idiot takes it away and wiped it out so I have to do it again.   My mantra that I used in college  was “don’t sweat the small stuff because when you finish your college career, it probably won’t matter“. I learned that the best thing for me to do was to do my very best and not worry about anyone else, because what I do will be my best, and I am the only one that can judge whether I have done my best. Life is a dance that you learn as you go sometimes you read and sometimes you follow:  If you’re lucky, you will find what you want at the end of the rainbow, but other times you have to search for it and sometimes it’s hard to find, but you should never give up on your dream whatever it is because the minute you do that you will regret it! Don’t burn yourself out trying to get everything done, because if you do that then you will be in a Situation where you burn yourself out, and you don’t have the energy, and then you start “cutting corners” do your very best, and don’t worry if you don’t always succeed, because sometimes you fail. If you fail, that’s just a Learning experience for you, and you learn from each failure, as well as each success.

Let me be the first to congratulate you: you have pushed yourself to your limits, and you know that you can get there! Just don’t push yourself to the point where you burn out all the way and then you won’t have any energy left. You have two more classes: you will succeed, and then you’ll be able to say “I did it“.  When you are disabled, you have to work extra hard to make the same mark as somebody that is not. Some other people may not think that an accomplishment from a disabled individual is any different than accomplishment from someone who is not disabled. I don’t like to use my disability as a “crutch“, but I have learned that sometimes you have to use your disability to help you, and sometimes you have to “make yourself sound worse than you actually are as far as your disability to get what you need“. Once you have your degree, no one will be able to take it away from you, you earned it so no one is going to take it from you and no one should try to do that: take it from a man who knows, when you finally get your degree, and you have a goal, and you’re able to succeed in getting there, then you feel like you’ve done something. Don’t forget, you earned what you have, so enjoy it: school days go by so fast that by the time you turn around 20 years have past, but for each day that I was there, I always learn something every day, and I always had good friends and good experiences and some bad, but for the most part my college experience was good!

go get them!   You deserve to splurge: with all the things that you were going through I would probably want to splurge to ****HUGS****

Brian

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Apache Raccoon said:

I'm having dirty fries: not the healthiest thing in the world but very scrummy

8 hours ago, DailyDi said:

What are dirty fries? When you eat fries without washing your hands first? ?

To me "dirty fries" are just fries with the skins still on. 

But, I can't recall where, but some restaurant had some killer bacon-cheese fries.... dang platter was a meal unto itself!   Real cheese too... not that nasty nuclear orange stuff that comes out of a jar. 

For dinner tonight I had leftovers from this restaurant called horizon 76. They have the BEST chicken fried steak you'll ever have. It was SO good!????? They also served it in huge portions. so it was a lot of food. And we had some nice warm buttered bread to go with it. Heaven on a plate! And I also had fries and also the chicken fried steak had gravy on it, white gravy. Which I love.☺️?  The crust on it was cooked to perfection.? I also had a tall glass of coca cola, which was delicious. The chicken fried steak was so tender and juicy it was the best one I've ever tasted. I'm not even joking when I say that. It melted in my mouth, it was so GOOD! Anyway, I couldn't finish it all so we had to take it home. And that's what I had for dinner tonight like I mentioned previously. But what's even funnier is, I couldn't finish the leftovers either.? And that usually never happens. LOL!? My mom absolutely loved the restaurant there, horizon 76. She just went on and on about the food and that's why she took us there. It was phenomenal. I'll never look at chicken fried steak the same way again. Oh and also I forgot to mention, I also had macaroni N. cheese with it too. It was so good. I couldn't get enough of it. That's probably the best Mac & cheese I've ever tasted! Horizon 76 sure does make an mean macaroni & cheese. It's also a Western themed restaurant. I highly recommend it if it's in your area!?☺️??❤️??????❤️??❤️??

• Like 2
9 hours ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

For dinner tonight I had leftovers from this restaurant called horizon 76. They have the BEST chicken fried steak you'll ever have. It was SO good!????? They also served it in huge portions. so it was a lot of food. And we had some nice warm buttered bread to go with it. Heaven on a plate! And I also had fries and also the chicken fried steak had gravy on it, white gravy. Which I love.☺️?  The crust on it was cooked to perfection.? I also had a tall glass of coca cola, which was delicious. The chicken fried steak was so tender and juicy it was the best one I've ever tasted. I'm not even joking when I say that. It melted in my mouth, it was so GOOD! Anyway, I couldn't finish it all so we had to take it home. And that's what I had for dinner tonight like I mentioned previously. But what's even funnier is, I couldn't finish the leftovers either.? And that usually never happens. LOL!? My mom absolutely loved the restaurant there, horizon 76. She just went on and on about the food and that's why she took us there. It was phenomenal. I'll never look at chicken fried steak the same way again. Oh and also I forgot to mention, I also had macaroni N. cheese with it too. It was so good. I couldn't get enough of it. That's probably the best Mac & cheese I've ever tasted! Horizon 76 sure does make an mean macaroni & cheese. It's also a Western themed restaurant. I highly recommend it if it's in your area!?☺️??❤️??????❤️??❤️??

I LOVE chicken fried steak

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, MegaChar said:

Tacos and Nachos is whats on the dinner menu tonight.

I'm also going Mexican today. Chicken topped with chorizo and cheese, beans and rice.

• Like 3

Spaghetti for me, though.. I just made that.. Yes, I know its only afternoon.... but dinner for me, almost my bedtime. Just a simple one though.. Jar of Prego Italian Sausage and Garlic and add some fresh mushrooms to that. Barilla Spaghetti noodles.. and a glass of V8 to wash it all down. One of these days I'll make my "Super Sauce" (all fresh ingredients, no canned goods), but not having a proper kitchen means a lot of extra prep time... I miss having a kitchen.. *sigh* Still, miss my grandma more, she's the reason I can cook in my apt at all.. Gave me an electric skillet when I got this apt., later added a rice cooker, Slow Cooker and an Air fryer (a small one)... But That skillet is my most used appliance.

• Like 1

we just had homemade garlic chicken noodle soup, good way to use up left over rotisserie chicken, was kinda surprised because a friend visiting and helping with mom(she had a 3rd M.I., in addition to a siezure, had to have a TAVR)who doesnt like noodles at all seemed to enjoy it(main thing is to not overcook them)

11 hours ago, DailyDi said:

I'm also going Mexican today. Chicken topped with chorizo and cheese, beans and rice.

I wonder if the chicken objected to being smeared with all that stuff!!!! 

But tonight was kind of busy, so I wasn't able to really have "dinner", as I usually end up eating on the run. But snuck in a slice of pizza, and my regular diet dinner mix, and a diet pepsi, as I was tired and needed the caffine....now just sitting here munching on some "hint of hatch"  chili tortilla chips and aloe vera juice....sounds wierd, but yummy. ??

31 minutes ago, MegaChar said:

Come on! You can't go wrong with this kind of mexiconia

20211003_195515.jpg

What is that?? I can't tell what it is.?? It's kinda driving me crazy. LOL!??

• Like 1

Trying to clean out our freezers.  Two refrigerator freezers (we have two refrigerators) and a huge freezer in the garage.  I found a corned beef briscut that had to be at least 7 years old.  I made that with carrots, a potato and cabbage.  Being as it was vacuum packed and brined, it was just fine after 7 or more years. 

• Thanks 1