LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Let's get baked

DailyDi

Trying to knock another annoyance brick off my shoulders, so I have Mr. Appliance coming today to hopefully fix our oven. Then we have more at-home eating options and can finally have Shepard's Pie and Lasagna again.

• Like 2

hahaha! When I first read the title I thought it was about getting high. LOL!??? 

Lasagna sure is good! and so is Pizza.???? Glad you're hopefully gonna get your oven back buddy, so you can get back to making some tasty food!????❤️☺️?

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, AbabeBill said:

Oh man… I thought it was about getting high too! ?  But, having an oven work, to bake home prepared stuff is cool too. ?

I thought it was about getting high too! LOL!?????

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nyte Kitsune said:

Shows where our minds are, I was thinking the same thing! :glowing-lol::roflmao:

I'm glad I was wrong, but now I'm hungry as I love Lasagna!

I love lasagna too!??❤️??❤️

• Like 1

Why would you want to eat a shepards pie??? Then he would be left hungry!!!! ??

(I know nothing about "getting baked" other than it referring to laying out in the sun to long and getting sun burned...or "baked"....

Yeah, I live a sheltered life.... But its comfy under my rock!!!! ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, square_duck said:

Why would you want to eat a shepards pie??? Then he would be left hungry!!!! ??

(I know nothing about "getting baked" other than it referring to laying out in the sun to long and getting sun burned...or "baked"....

Yeah, I live a sheltered life.... But its comfy under my rock!!!! ??

Nothing wrong with that buddy!??

• Like 1
22 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Trying to knock another annoyance brick off my shoulders, so I have Mr. Appliance coming today to hopefully fix our oven. Then we have more at-home eating options and can finally have Shepard's Pie and Lasagna again.

@DailyDi

Lets hope they can fix it:  Having no oven is NOT optimal, and without it, you end up spending more money, because you may NOT wanna eat unhealthily :(

Good Luck!

Brian

• Like 1
23 hours ago, DailyDi said:

18 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Yikes, $300 to fix, and won't be done until Wednesday. It's starting to look like a ramen noodle month lol ?

I've run into situations like this many times.  Freezer, oven, dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, car and I can usually fix them myself for a fraction of the cost of a repairman.  Here is how.  I find out just what isn't working and do a Google search with my make and model of appliance.  The model number can be found on most appliances and if you can't, just do a google search, "Find model number on Maytag dishwasher" and it will tell you where to look for it.  Once I've found that I do a google search for, "Maytag oven model (number) won't heat", or whatever the issue is.  It will bring up all kinds of possibilities starting with the most common problems first.  Here are just a few things I have done to my own appliances.  Dishwasher.  Put in a new control board for $70 and it fixed the problem.  Dryer.  Put in 2 or 3 heating elements over the past 25 years.  Average cost $24 for the heating unit.  Stove and oven.  Put in new heating element in the oven.  I had to take the side panel off to pop out the old element and replace it.  Usually there is a break where one of the wires from the plug of the element goes into the heating element.  Same with the dryer heating element.  I also replaced a dual heating coil on the glass top stove.  Same issue, broken wire in the element coil.  On the freezer I replaced a relay for the compressor.  Cost was $37 for the part.  Recently on the Maytag refrigerator I replaced the freezer coil heating unit for $54 and the computer module that kicks in the automatic defrost cycle.  Cost of that part was $15.  I also fixed the broken blend doors for the heater on my Jeep Grand Cherokee 2 years ago.  It cost me $70 for the parts.  If I had it fixed it would have cost me $1,500 because they would have pulled the dash out.

Now, how do I know how to fix these things and where do I get the parts?  First thing I do after a Google search to diagnose the problem is pull up Youtube and search for, "How to replace defrost module on Maytag Side By Side Refrigerator Freezer model (number)". There are all kinds of professional appliance repair videos for just about everything.  Same for car repair.  Step by step instructions very clear with a video showing exactly what to do.  I can also search for the part once I have found on line what the problem is.  Lets say it's the automatic defrost module for the refrigerator.  Since I have entered the make and model number, the website will reference the part number needed.  Once I have the part number, I will do a Google search for "Discount Appliance Parts" and it will give me several sites to look at.  From there it's a simple matter of looking at the sites, typing in the part number to search for it and then finding which site has the best deal.  I also check EBAY as well since I found a $72 part for $15 brand new as new old stock inventory from a closed up Sears outlet (and by the way, that part for my specific refrigerator fit and works perfectly).  I can usually get the part shipped to me within 3 or 4 days.

I won't tackle a repair if I don't think I can do it based on the Youtube video, but lots of repairs are relatively easy once you watch a video and take some notes.  I don't mind spending an hour to take a couple panels off to pull out and replace a broken part if I can do it myself and save a lot of money.  Repair places are there to make money.  That's how they make their living and even the prices they bill you for the parts are high.  They go right to the manufacturer and charge top dollar instead of a discount parts supplier.  If I can fix a $300 job for $75, I'll save that extra $225 and eat my shepherd's pie and lasagna!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

@DailyDi

Lets hope they can fix it:  Having no oven is NOT optimal, and without it, you end up spending more money, because you may NOT wanna eat unhealthily :(

Good Luck!

Brian

Very true Brian!?☺️

• Like 2

I just got a little toaster oven. (Very small studio apartment.) It would be nice to have a full size oven, but if I can air fry boneless pork chops, I won’t complain too much. 

On that other note, I need to head south one of these days. ?

The broiler coils in my oven started sparking, so I dug around online and found a replacement part. Back up and running for a couple of years, then it just plain failed to come on. It was enough of a pita to replace the first time that I didn't want to go through that again not knowing if the fault was with the broiler or some of the wiring.
Fortunately it occurred to me that we had a little George Foreman grill sitting unused in the closet...I'd thought it made too much smoke and just set it aside. Brought it out, read the manual, and found that it works fine for doing pork and beef steaks and hamburger patties. It probably pulls less power than the other broiler did.
Knock on wood, the bake function in the oven still works, so lasagna....

On 9/10/2021 at 7:13 PM, DailyDi said:

Yikes, $300 to fix, and won't be done until Wednesday. It's starting to look like a ramen noodle month lol ?

Just throw some charcoal in the bottom of the oven and stick an aluminum pipe out the back to the outside for the smoke.  That would be more cost effective and save you money on your gas bill.

21 hours ago, astrodiaper said:

I just got a little toaster oven. (Very small studio apartment.) It would be nice to have a full size oven, but if I can air fry boneless pork chops, I won’t complain too much. 

On that other note, I need to head south one of these days. ?

Microwave, Air Fryer, Rice Cooker and an Electric Skillet... Thats it.. I live in something similar...A "Micro-Studio Apt."... and for those thinking of asking.. approx. 117 sq ft.. and no.. I'm not joking.. a larger Micro is about 120-128.. and costs about 200$ usd more. So yeah.. Don't make pizza unless its one of those mini deep dish Red Barron pizza's or something similar in size.

We do have a stove in the common area of our building..  but its not kept very clean.

2 hours ago, Nyte Kitsune said:

Microwave, Air Fryer, Rice Cooker and an Electric Skillet... Thats it.. I live in something similar...A "Micro-Studio Apt."... and for those thinking of asking.. approx. 117 sq ft.. and no.. I'm not joking.. a larger Micro is about 120-128.. and costs about 200$ usd more. So yeah.. Don't make pizza unless its one of those mini deep dish Red Barron pizza's or something similar in size.

We do have a stove in the common area of our building..  but its not kept very clean.

Mine can handle a 12” pizza, but I can only do one thing at a time. I’m thinking a boneless pork loin from King Soopers this morning which turns out awesome. I just can’t do a side that requires cooking. 
The other sad part is that I can run my induction plates or the oven. Doing both pop the breaker. 

3 hours ago, Nyte Kitsune said:

Try a Pizzazz pizza cooker. It will cook a frozen pizza, fries, hash browns, and other stuff like that.

23 hours ago, astrodiaper said:

Mine can handle a 12” pizza, but I can only do one thing at a time. I’m thinking a boneless pork loin from King Soopers this morning which turns out awesome. I just can’t do a side that requires cooking. 
The other sad part is that I can run my induction plates or the oven. Doing both pop the breaker. 

I know the feeling.. My apartments the same way. I can use any one of my appliances. But If I try to use my microwave while using one to prepare a side dish the circuit breaker pops.. then I have to leave my apt, walk down the hall and reset the breaker (Which all tenants have easy access to).

22 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Try a Pizzazz pizza cooker. It will cook a frozen pizza, fries, hash browns, and other stuff like that.

Don't have the space for one.

• Like 1