LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Onesie Company Looking for Feedback

Hi everyone!

I am currently working on designing and starting a new onesie company and was hoping to get some feedback from this community!

A little backstory on me; I've been an active member of Daily Diapers for several years now (under a different username) and have come to trust this site for feedback and suggestions from its members on a wide variety of topics. I've worn diapers on and off for the last 15 or so years mainly as an ABDL, and just in the last year or two have started to wear more regularly for medical related reasons. Over the years, I have purchased and worn a large variety of different ABDL related clothing, and have developed a true fondness for onesies; especially with needing to be padded a lot more lately I've turned to including onesies as part of my daily wardrobe as an undershirt because of their benefits of supporting my diaper throughout the day and also hiding it when moving around and being active.

From my daily wearings though, I've discovered issues and pain points that I have with most onesies. I don't seem to be alone in these thoughts though, reading and talking with others online, it seems there are more people who seem to have the same issues with the onesies that are currently available. First, sizing guides and fit never seem to be accurate. If the chest and shoulders fit well, the length is way too long, and vice versa. Second, the materials. A large percentage of companies use spandex in their onesies, which for me at least causes it to feel too tight and uncomfortable for wearing all day. Finally, the last issue I've seen is the design and styles of current onesies. Now please don't misunderstand me, I appreciate my AB side and youthful designs that companies are creating, but for most of my daily wearing I want onesies that are casual and modern.

For the reasons above, this is why I've decided to design and launch a new line of onesies. These onesies will have sleek modern patterns that still have a fun appearance, but don't really fall in the realm of AB. Different lines will feature different collars and materials, including V-neck collars and Henley collars, and 100% Jersey cotton, heather, and athletic material.

I also want it to be known that I'm not putting down any companies that currently are making onesies. I'm grateful for the hard work and items they produce. I'm just hoping to bring different designs and styles to our community.

I'm really looking for feedback on the current landing page and the designs of the onesies. 

The website can be found at: snugandsnappy.com

I've also created a survey which will help me get a better understanding of what members are looking for and will ultimately help guide me in the direction I go with designs. The survey can be found here: Take Survey Here

I really appreciate any feedback and hope to answer any questions anyone has!

• Like 1

I'm happy you are making onesies that are not all AB.  Many of us are just DL and some not even associated with sites like this might be interested, like people with incontinence or special needs who need a shirt that can help support a diaper.

My feedback would be to have the snaps forward facing and not in the center of the crotch.  They don't have to be around the waist, but it's hard for some people to snap if they are down in the crotch.  My Tykables onesie has snaps that are more forward facing and easy for me to snap.  The ones I got from Padded Bums are low and much harder for me to snap.

I like plain colored onesies, they don't have to have a pattern but having a collar like a golf shirt would be nice instead of just a t-shirt style collar with buttons down the front.  Sizes small through XXX Large would be nice for some of us overweight people.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

I'm happy you are making onesies that are not all AB.  Many of us are just DL and some not even associated with sites like this might be interested, like people with incontinence or special needs who need a shirt that can help support a diaper.

My feedback would be to have the snaps forward facing and not in the center of the crotch.  They don't have to be around the waist, but it's hard for some people to snap if they are down in the crotch.  My Tykables onesie has snaps that are more forward facing and easy for me to snap.  The ones I got from Padded Bums are low and much harder for me to snap.

I like plain colored onesies, they don't have to have a pattern but having a collar like a golf shirt would be nice instead of just a t-shirt style collar with buttons down the front.  Sizes small through XXX Large would be nice for some of us overweight people.

Thanks for the great feedback!

I completely agree on the snaps being more forward. From the samples I've had made I realized, like you mentioned, that it's difficult to do up the snaps if they are completely in the middle. I've already changed the design so the back flap is longer than the front one, causing the snaps to do up more towards the front. From my testing of the samples I also made adjustments of the snap placements so they (hopefully) don't rub against the inner legs when sitting and walking.

When first thinking about this business, I wanted to make sure I was creating designs that appeared to many people who wear diapers, including members in the ABDL community, plus individuals with incontinence or special needs.

For the first few runs, I'm planning on featuring sizes from small through 3XL, and if we hear from customers wanting them, possibly expanding with XS and 4XL.

Subscribed, I'm down with what you're up to.  I want a snug onesie.  I like my shirts around 44in chest, but I've a serious problem nailing the length.   Hanes L are fine in the chest but too short to tuck in, XL can tuck, but a hair too loose up top.

I think I just went mad, could/should we have pants with built-in plastic pants?  Laundry would likely be a hassle.

19 minutes ago, Amber's Boy said:

Subscribed, I'm down with what you're up to.  I want a snug onesie.  I like my shirts around 44in chest, but I've a serious problem nailing the length.   Hanes L are fine in the chest but too short to tuck in, XL can tuck, but a hair too loose up top.

I think I just went mad, could/should we have pants with built-in plastic pants?  Laundry would likely be a hassle.

I'm the same chest size and have the same problem with t-shirts were size large typically fit pretty good except for the length being on the shirt size and size XL fitting a little to big but the length is better. Do you mind me asking what your height is? 

Wishing you great success in your new venture!  

Just took the survey, viewed your site, and subscribed.

Hoping that you can fill a personal need.  I am almost 63 years old, 6' 4" tall , and 255 pounds.  Wish I could say those were football player stats but, alas, just a fat old man!  Long legs and big belly are my prominent features.  2XL in most sizes.  Let's face it - I have quite the beer belly.  And I don't think I am unique.  We are not all 20 somethings with six-packs for abs and wanting to dress AB.  That is fun in its own way but not what I can do day to day.

From what I have seen no one offers a onesie for my body type that is anything other than baggy and poor fitting.  Not something that I am willing to shell out the kind of dollars other vendors ask for.  

For my money I hope to someday find an affordable, well fitting, onesie that I can wear as part of my everyday and business attire.

You are getting some good feedback from those above and I hope you can incorporate their ideas into your product and come up with a reasonably priced line that fills the market I think we both see.  There is value in volume and I sincerely hope you can find a price point that others find attractive as well.

Best of luck to you! 

1. What @rusty pins said about snap location is a must. I have short arms, and have a difficult time fastening snaps. So much that I have given away onesies because I could not fasten them.

2. Undershirt weight onesies. Something lighter that can be comfortably worn under a dress shirt.

3. Polo shirt style onesies are great! They can be worn in public with no one knowing.

4. Don't discount the ABs out there. Just because others are selling AB designs, doesn't mean you can't too. Bonus points for uni-age designs that can satisfy an AB, but don't cause a second look on an adult.

5. Best of luck.

1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

1 hour ago, SnugandSnappy said:

Thanks for the great feedback!

I completely agree on the snaps being more forward. From the samples I've had made I realized, like you mentioned, that it's difficult to do up the snaps if they are completely in the middle. I've already changed the design so the back flap is longer than the front one, causing the snaps to do up more towards the front. From my testing of the samples I also made adjustments of the snap placements so they (hopefully) don't rub against the inner legs when sitting and walking.

When first thinking about this business, I wanted to make sure I was creating designs that appeared to many people who wear diapers, including members in the ABDL community, plus individuals with incontinence or special needs.

For the first few runs, I'm planning on featuring sizes from small through 3XL, and if we hear from customers wanting them, possibly expanding with XS and 4XL.

I second the forward facing snaps. for me it isn't about the ease of snapping but the rubbing. I have a couple onesies that I forgot I owned until this post because I literally NEVER wear them. The snaps in the middle of the crotch rub my thighs and get irritated almost immediately regardless . There are a number of brands that look cool that I won't even consider because of the snap placement.

Best of luck on your venture!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

1. What @rusty pins said about snap location is a must. I have short arms, and have a difficult time fastening snaps. So much that I have given away onesies because I could not fasten them.

2. Undershirt weight onesies. Something lighter that can be comfortably worn under a dress shirt.

3. Polo shirt style onesies are great! They can be worn in public with no one knowing.

4. Don't discount the ABs out there. Just because others are selling AB designs, doesn't mean you can't too. Bonus points for uni-age designs that can satisfy an AB, but don't cause a second look on an adult.

5. Best of luck.

I completely agree with the weight of the onesies. It's such a difficult thing as a designer to figure out, especially with onesies. I want to make sure it's a thick enough weight that it supports diapers and doesn't just let them sag, but like you mentioned, when wearing as an undershirt it needs to be light enough to be worn all day and not make you too hot. So far, my solution to this is to utilize different materials and different weights for different designs (could I use the word different more times?!); V-neck and Henley designs will be on the lighter side and polo and button up will be a medium weight material.

Tykables is the only onesie I use, mainly cause the snaps are in the front. Easier to put on, and the snaps don't dig into my thighs. 
The problem is that they are often sold out, and doesn't really sell them in Europe anymore.

• Like 1

i agree with @rusty pins and @ValentinesStuff on snap placement. i've had onesies with snaps right in the crotch, and they are simply uncomfortable. the snaps rub and bunch up and sometimes pinch, it's just a pile of metal/plastic between your legs, and they can be kinda tricky to get to, especially with a full, heavy diaper. so a higher/more forward position is a must. 

also a preference that i have - rompers. i prefer the extra leg covering, and also the extra material holds my diapers better than the slim, little crotch of onesies. i've had happen on many occasions the slim "classic" onesie's crotch slides up into my diaper, wicking wetness and making a mess. so i don't buy or wear the slim crotch onesies anymore. babykins makes a gusseted romper with an extra panel of fabric between the front and back of the shirt. this moves the snaps forward and up, and adds more support for the diapers. tykables makes a romper too, but they just snap the front and back panels together, putting them right in the middle of the crotch which can get uncomfortable, especially with a super saturated and heavy diaper. 

Yep... I agree that snaps need to be forward facing.  Unless you're actually "playing baby" and having someone dress you, you cannot properly reach the snaps if they're in the crotch.  As far as sizing -- so many of what I see out there are sized way too small.   So far, the ones that have fit me best are from ABU.  2XL/Tall has turned out almost perfect for me.  ODU the worst!  Their 4X barely fits at all! For basic every-day utility, the ones I got from Kins are decent (and are of the "t-shirt fabric variety), but they also run a wee bit small.  And after some use, the side seams are ripping on some of them.  So while they're not as expensive as others, are they a bargain if they don't last as long? 

I really like the quality of the Tykable onesies. For one, they are all one piece. I purchased several some years ago on Etsy. They were basically long t shirts with the bottom part surged on a never quite matched together.  Tykables are a first quality adult sized onesie.  I really like the wide flap that covers the crotch as it is wide enough to cover most if not all of my Better Dry diaper.  The five metal snaps are also a PLUS.  

On 8/21/2021 at 11:51 AM, rusty pins said:

Rusty has also commented in the past that he has a polo shirt type onesie. Button down with a snap crotch would be cool too if it could be done. I took the survey and signed up for email updates.

I like what everyone above has commented.  My problem with other Onesie providers is their sizing chart.  It is hard to understand.  I also like @rusty pins comment about where the snaps are.  I also have issues with snapping my onesies.

@SnugandSnappy Could you let us know what the pricing will be for your onesies?  I am curious.

1 hour ago, Crinklz Kat said:

Yep... I agree that snaps need to be forward facing.  Unless you're actually "playing baby" and having someone dress you, you cannot properly reach the snaps if they're in the crotch.  As far as sizing -- so many of what I see out there are sized way too small.   So far, the ones that have fit me best are from ABU.  2XL/Tall has turned out almost perfect for me.  ODU the worst!  Their 4X barely fits at all! For basic every-day utility, the ones I got from Kins are decent (and are of the "t-shirt fabric variety), but they also run a wee bit small.  And after some use, the side seams are ripping on some of them.  So while they're not as expensive as others, are they a bargain if they don't last as long? 

The size of onesies has always been one of the biggest pain points for me, and is actually one of the main reasons I even decided to start this business. I created a size chart from the ground up and will say that the sizing is more inline with "true" t-shirt sizes (i.e. if you wear a medium t-shirt then the medium onesie is what should fit you). Of course this won't be the case for everyone, but that is the starting off point at least. 

48 minutes ago, happyindprs said:

I really like the quality of the Tykable onesies. For one, they are all one piece. I purchased several some years ago on Etsy. They were basically long t shirts with the bottom part surged on a never quite matched together.  Tykables are a first quality adult sized onesie.  I really like the wide flap that covers the crotch as it is wide enough to cover most if not all of my Better Dry diaper.  The five metal snaps are also a PLUS.  

The onesies for Snug & Snappy will be professionally manufactured. I'm taking extra time sourcing materials and testing fabrics for fit, strength, and durability. 

55 minutes ago, ppdude said:

Rusty has also commented in the past that he has a polo shirt type onesie. Button down with a snap crotch would be cool too if it could be done. I took the survey and signed up for email updates.

Thanks for taking the survey and signing up for the email list! I'm currently working on creating designs and technical drawings (for manufacturing) of both polo style onesies and button-up onesies. These designs are a little more technical and I want to make sure I get them right so they won't be in the first production run.

31 minutes ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

I like what everyone above has commented.  My problem with other Onesie providers is their sizing chart.  It is hard to understand.  I also like @rusty pins comment about where the snaps are.  I also have issues with snapping my onesies.

@SnugandSnappy Could you let us know what the pricing will be for your onesies?  I am curious.

That is a great question, and I knew at some point someone would ask it! Unfortunately, the price of these onesies is not set yet. This is because I am still working with manufacturers in finalizing aspects of the designs. I've previously worked with manufacturers in China and did not have the best experience, which is why I am currently trying to work with manufacturers in the USA. Manufacturing in the USA is typically higher then in China for the same item, but with shipping costing less and no customs fees, the goal is to be able to keep the onesies at a reasonable price.

I have a lot of ODU onesies, and love them. My one issue with them is the placement of the snaps right down there in the crotch right between my legs. After a day’s work Ive got sores and irritation from those snaps rubbing away on my inner thighs. Not nice. 

I think the best placement (like others have suggested is more towards the front. If we have a front flap, and a rear flap, my thinking is the front flap is about one or two inches long, and the rear flap goes all the way around under the crotch and snaps to the front flap. 

That would be my ideal position. 

I wont repeat what others have mentioned, all of which I agree with, though I dont have any onsies, which is odd I know . ?? I have considered buying one or two, just to lazy to do the measuring and shopping....??????

One thing I would like to offer is the polo /golf shirt button down style, with a pocket on one side... Little ones always need a pocket to put stuff, or if being worn as a "shirt", having a pocket is handy for the rest of life..

Good luck with this!

5 hours ago, square_duck said:

I wont repeat what others have mentioned, all of which I agree with, though I dont have any onsies, which is odd I know . ?? I have considered buying one or two, just to lazy to do the measuring and shopping....??????

One thing I would like to offer is the polo /golf shirt button down style, with a pocket on one side... Little ones always need a pocket to put stuff, or if being worn as a "shirt", having a pocket is handy for the rest of life..

Good luck with this!

Of course we need pockets... where else would we stick all those gooey/grimy/slimy/wet/dirty things we pick up off the ground?

Very cool! :) 
I like the concept that this might be more DL centric and with a focus on quality. I sure love my AB onesies but sometimes it's nice with something neutral, especially outside/at work.

It would be nice if you guys eventually could get a EU vendor to start selling your stuff for the EU abdl people :) 

On 8/23/2021 at 3:23 AM, square_duck said:

Good luck with this!

On 8/23/2021 at 8:44 AM, Crinklz Kat said:

Of course we need pockets... where else would we stick all those gooey/grimy/slimy/wet/dirty things we pick up off the ground?

I haven't finalized the designs for the polo and button-down onesies yet, but as of right now the button-down DOES have a pocket in the design. Pockets are always helpful!

On 8/23/2021 at 12:47 PM, Mugi said:

Very cool! :) 
I like the concept that this might be more DL centric and with a focus on quality. I sure love my AB onesies but sometimes it's nice with something neutral, especially outside/at work.

It would be nice if you guys eventually could get a EU vendor to start selling your stuff for the EU abdl people :) 

My plan is to ship internationally when we first launch and slowing look for vendors / warehouses around the world to help offset cost. 

9 hours ago, SnugandSnappy said:

I haven't finalized the designs for the polo and button-down onesies yet, but as of right now the button-down DOES have a pocket in the design. Pockets are always helpful!

My plan is to ship internationally when we first launch and slowing look for vendors / warehouses around the world to help offset cost. 

?????? ????