LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The great diaper shortage of 2021 strikes again!

Bambino is still out of Bellissimo diapers, I assume they are having the same logistic issues that the other companies have been experiencing. So it seems I will be wearing Cloudee diapers this month. I like them anyway.

• Like 1

Hmm....so instead of the Great TP Shortage of 2020, it's the Great Diaper Shortage 2021.....?  Makes you wonder...how many people switched to diapers in 2021 because of no TP? (I'm kidding, probably not many. But it's a fun train of thought.? 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Cute_Kitten said:

Hmm....so instead of the Great TP Shortage of 2020, it's the Great Diaper Shortage 2021.....?  Makes you wonder...how many people switched to diapers in 2021 because of no TP? (I'm kidding, probably not many. But it's a fun train of thought.? 

For sure. LOL!???

Where are they made?
If in China, then they most likely lack containers.

That's what we get when outsourcing everything.
Sending empty containers back.

Just talked with a guy that had to wait 3 months to get a container.
The stuff was ready to be shipped. just no containers available.

Several months back, before COVID took my job, my role in a global corporation that imports all hardware gave me insight to the fact that COVID was wreaking havoc on the global logistics business.  Pandemic border controls, lock-downs, shipping crew issues (compounding asymmetries in container shipping) , the collapse in commercial aviation just to name a few.

The icing on the cake, shared with me by a local ABDL nappy supplier is that some of the equipment used to make disposable nappy-lining material can (and was)  re-purposed towards making components for face masks.

COVID: the gift that just keeps on giving...

I've got enough to last many months... but it's still bothersome.  Because it's across everything.   Got some body repair parts I want to get for my truck, but a number of them are on backorder (and likely to be so for quite some time).    Even if they're most likely made in Taiwan, it doesn't matter because containers aren't heading back that way.  And the further irony is that the majority of containers are mostly made in either China or Korea! 

It’s getting harder to get the diapers you want as places are out of stock I have just managed to order more which with what I have already should last me for a few months I hope by then they will have more of the ones I want in stock.

I'm seeing shortages in some items among plastic pants suppliers too; I suspect that even for those made here in the United States, the actual plastic film is coming from China.

I should/need to buy more ABDL diapers, but I already used $1200 on the car and gonna use another $800 next week.
Been using more than usual, but I have a lot of medical diapers, so not a big issue.
Just hope it wont be an issue when I need to order, that they have something in stock.

On 8/12/2021 at 6:23 PM, oznl said:

The icing on the cake, shared with me by a local ABDL nappy supplier is that some of the equipment used to make disposable nappy-lining material can (and was)  re-purposed towards making components for face masks.

COVID: the gift that just keeps on giving...

So they are chin diapers!

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets to the point where all those hoarders out there will lord over the rest of us.

On 8/13/2021 at 12:49 AM, square_duck said:

Can this get any more stupid.........?

Yes and it will

There was a (baby) diaper shortage in 2020.   My daughter was having a hard time finding them.   Fortunately, my sister is the queen of shopping and quickly scoured the area for diapers and got them over to her.

On 8/12/2021 at 9:16 PM, SoggySoCal said:

Bulk purchase savings and things like this are why I have a huge stash of diapers on hand. 

Same here. Mommy is a savy shopper and never lets a good sale go to waste. We also sell diapers locally to friends and such so we keep a bulk on-hand at all times.

7 hours ago, eatenbywo1ves said:

So they are chin diapers!

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets to the point where all those hoarders out there will lord over the rest of us.

Yes and it will

Do you mean "chin", or "chip" ?

My terry nappies are far too old to be chipped, and so are un-traceable and can be use over and over again.

On 8/12/2021 at 9:16 PM, SoggySoCal said:

Bulk purchase savings and things like this are why I have a huge stash of diapers on hand. 

Not everyone can afford to buy in bulk or have the storage for bulk purchases.  If I had my own place and the cash at hand I would have stocked up on different brands of premium diapers

Due to COVID, and associated country lockdowns etc, the logistical system (supply chain to you and I) has been severely damaged / delayed. BREXIT, or that England has left the EU zone means that every country that import product from England have placed an import TAX / Duty on said product. This, in the best case, have taken England out of the supply chain. This further disrupts the supply chain. Since most businesses use what is classed as JIT (just in time) for product, and this is based on lead (delivery) times, since the delivery times have been disrupted, as have the delivery times of the finished product - raw material for another process. This has a cumulative effect on all product.

Some here have suggested 'bulk purchasing'. This is not an answer. It will, in the first case, increase the relative cost of the product as companies adjust to the faux increase in demand. This will then lead to overstock - and therefore a reduction in the relative cost of the products. If these are sold before the cost of storage wipes out the profit, the company might survive. If not, the company will close, and the manufacture of that version of product will cease.

In DailyDi's situation, bulk purchase of Bambino's Bellisimo Diapers could close Bambino. 

To simplify this, lets say sales of diapers is 2400x24 per month, and a production line can produce 24 diapers per hour (slow production). Simple maths tells us we have to run the production line for 2400 hours to match demand OR, 2 production lines for 1200 hours. Since there is 720 hours per 30 days (month), to cope with this demand, we need 3.33 production lines. Round this to 4, and this makes our production capacity of 2880x24 diapers per 30 days, and excess of 480x24 diapers per month. This extra covers holidays etc, so as a business idea, this would work. Now, person 1 orders an extra 100 packs. No sweat. Lets say, the order is an extra 500. This calculates our monthly demand to exceed supply, so we add another production line. Within 90 days, we have to shut down the extra production line, and unless the sales match, we have to close a second, and maybe a third. At this stage, we have only 2 our of 5 production lines running, lost 3/5 of our staff, and are on a downward spiral as a non-running production line is a cost to the business. This is also a cost to our supplier as they are in similar situation to use. 

As a result, the single bulk purchase of a product can not only effect the single manufacturer, it can also effect the whole market of that product and associated products.