LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is the world still out there?

When the net go's down, I tune in my local TV stations using a flat antennae that I hang in my bedroom window.

I have a coaxial cable running between the TV's so I can watch either of them, picture is great, the TV shows suck.

It beats talking to myself all day, but not by much.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, beallucanb said:

When the net go's down, I tune in my local TV stations using a flat antennae that I hang in my bedroom window.

I have a coaxial cable running between the TV's so I can watch either of them, picture is great, the TV shows suck.

I don't know?? I've always had some pretty good conversations with myself. LOL!???? Hahahahaha! And they're always interesting.????

• Like 1
1 hour ago, beallucanb said:

I had a few things on the DVR to watch, and took an afternoon nap. AT&T originally said it would be down until 10 tonight, so having it back before 5 wasn't too bad.

• Like 1

I don't really stream much of anything other than YouTube, but I still go stir crazy if the net's down or power is out.  I tell myself I'll just read a book for a few hours... that doesn't work.  Years ago I could read for hours.  Internet's ruined my brain and now my attention span

Oh look!  another cute cat video!

1 hour ago, barnburner said:

It took me 4 internet outages to figure out how to make my plex server watchable without internet.

It is annoying!  That's the whole point of having your own local media server!  What do you run on?  I have a QNAP NAS dedicated to it.

My worst experience of that was when I had no electricity for .. first three months and then two weeks, all in 2019 / 20. Noone knew where the bill was although I had been assured it was being paid.

10 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Woke up this morning to find the internet down, stayed down all day. I was cut off from the world and couldn't even drown my sorrows in streaming television lol.

That's one reason why I'm glad to be one of the weirdos that actually buys DVDs and Blu-rays. No internet needed with those.

when i rent a movie from the tv, i burn it, if its an old one i saw on the net(youtube or something) i like to try to save it, if i can, i just watched one that i cant seem to save, i guess the downloaders have to adapt or something(not any of the newer ones, its one of those you likely wont find even on tv anymore)

At least you had electricity!  Ours went out at 1AM.  Not good when you use a CPAP!  I went into work an hour early just to hang out where there was electricity and a microwave to heat up breakfast!  Power came on about 8 hours later while I was at work.

4 hours ago, rusty pins said:

At least you had electricity!  Ours went out at 1AM.  Not good when you use a CPAP!  I went into work an hour early just to hang out where there was electricity and a microwave to heat up breakfast!  Power came on about 8 hours later while I was at work.

Terrible time of year for a power outage! Glad you were able to ride most of it out at work!

• Like 1
19 hours ago, feralfreak said:

whats a plex server?

Open source media server.  www.plex.tv.   You do need to set up a Plex account, but it's free.  What's cool is that I can access my media anywhere and I can share it with other Plex users (must grant that access, it's not just open to all of Plex!), so I've allowed my brother and sister access.  It's just a server though - it's not a pirate streaming service.  I pay for all of my media.  You install it on a server of your choice, then load your media onto it.  I rip my DVDs and Bluray to MKV format which preserves the full resolution and audio data.  All the discs then get stored away out of sight. 

6 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Yeah, that thought has occurred to me, and I considered putting mine on a UPS. You definitely have to silence the alarm because then that just wakes you up instead of not breathing.  And that's just as bad! 

On 8/9/2021 at 6:43 PM, BabySpiderBoy said:

I don't know?? I've always had some pretty good conversations with myself. LOL!???? Hahahahaha! And they're always interesting.????

Yes I do agree I have had some great conversations with myself.

On 8/9/2021 at 9:57 PM, Crinklz Kat said:

It is annoying!  That's the whole point of having your own local media server!  What do you run on?  I have a QNAP NAS dedicated to it.

i5 6400 Lenovo Thinkcenter SFF, media stored on a WD 4tb hdd. Paid $50 for the thing, replaced the original dvd drive with a bluray drive so I can watch bluray movies and/or rip them.

Im biting myself in the butt right now because there is only room for one 3.5 hard drive so I need to buy a larger capacity hard drive to add more media or buy a new case and swap this pc into it.

At default, something about the app and server needing access to the internet, 4th time internet outage and Im like, I cant do this anymore.

On 8/10/2021 at 3:28 AM, feralfreak said:

whats a plex server?

server software for home media storage. uses apps on smart tvs or streaming sticks and displays them in a nice format where you could search for what you want to watch or sort them in a certain way, Movies are display by their dvd box art, tv shows same way or posters. You can also access the server over the internet if you are away from home and even share with friends and family.