LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Going 24/7 but not "using" 24/7

This just occurred to me last night, while thinking about other "stuffs". I just had a 5 day vacation (very much needed) and spent about 95% of it being padded, and had a BLAST!!! It is SO nice not having to stop go use (or look for) a restroom, and just "GO" and not worry about anything.  But that is during the day, I'm not a bedwetter so for me, wearing at night is more a comfort thing but I don't "use" them at that time ( although I can if so desired) 

The appeal /allure  of going 24/7 is very strong, and like I said, I just spent 5 days basically padded all the time and it was great!!! The limitations at the time were basic, I had a limited supply, and had to be careful. At the end of the trip, I had 1 dry 24/7 and a Tykables over night left.. ( I wont mention the trunk full if diapers I picked up at changing times).

I guess where I'm going here is that I switch back and forth from wearing and using for everything, to just wearing for comforet..... etc. And NOT using. I like to wear cloth at night, I guess for bulk *shrug*, but I had'nt packed any. I also wasn't sure of any laundering facilities I could use to wash them if needed. 

So what the hell are you rambeling on about Duck???? ( get it to gether!) I guess what I'm saying is that....may be I'm weird ( thats a given!) But I dont ALWAYS use my diapers, but like to wear them anyways, day or night. 

And as much as I enjoyed my 5day stint, it was also nice to......take a break, like at night.....though I missed

the feeling of being padded. 

So.... I don'tknow.... Can I truly go 24/7, yet still have one foot in the "other" world???? 

I can't wear to work due to uniform etc, and my preferred disposable is the betterdry, which = bulky, but having to only change 2x a day is really nice.. U*G*H!! 

I think this is a decision to be examined later, after I stop working, since that is the major obstacle....or hinderance. 

Sorry if my thinking here is a bit muddled. It is a choice I have been toying with, but at the moment, I have had a few....... Ummmm... "Adult beverages" which have muddled my thinking, but I am much more relaxed ( got  off work a few hours ago) but I guess much to relaxed to have a decent discussion with either myself....or anyone else....erf.

Anyways, I think the point if this whole diatribe was that..... It's OK to wear and not use, or use when needed, as opposed to wearing 24/7 and feeling you have to use them ALL the time.... which I dont. And this is OK!! ???

I might get there..... Someday, or not. But as they say, it's the journey, not the destination that is important. 

But it is still something that rattles (loudly) around in my mind/ head...... It is most annoying! ?

Yet a decision to be made....

(Maybe this should have been a blog entry instead of a forum post.... Hmmmm)

qwack

• Like 1

I’m kind of in the same boat, though maybe skiing behind the boat. Like you, I don’t wear at work because it can show. (I will if my “issues” are bad.). About the only time I wear is at home. (I live in a studio apartment, so it’s only me.). I wear when I sleep sometimes, though I won’t wet until I’m awake and moving around. I do wear on my days off, but I haven’t for a bit there either. I’m not at the point where I want to wear 24/7, though there are times at work where it could come in really handy. (Chatty guests.)

• Like 1

Personally I see nothing wrong with wearing and not using if that's what you want.  Those who are incontinent or want to make themselves incontinent are OK if that's what floats their boat, but in doing so they are loosing a lot of their options.  The plain fact is, you are in control of your life and if you choose to wear and use your diapers for their intended purpose 24/7, that's great!  If you choose to wear 24/7 for your personal enjoyment and not out of need, you have the options to not use your diapers when you don't want to wet (or mess) them.  You can treat them just as you would regular boxers or briefs and air out your skin for a few days but still keeping the feeling of bulk between your legs and butt.  There could be times when you are wearing your diaper but it's not practical to use them for their intended purpose or having to stop and change them.  Also there are times when even wearing diapers, such as at work or large family get together's could be revealing to people who you don't want to know, especially if you are a closet diaper wearer.  Personally I am one who doesn't let diapers control my life.  I wear them when I want to, wear my regular underwear most of the time.  That is my balance in my personal life.  Everyone can decide just how much they want to get into a diapered lifestyle but that doesn't mean they can't decide on a particular day that, "I'll wear my diapers today but just not use them", or, "Today will be a diaperless day, normal underpants for a change of pace".

• Like 2

This is something I can talk about. For about 5 months I was wearing 24/7, using only about 14/7. This was part of a gradual shift to 24/7 over the last 7 months or so that you're welcome to read about in my 24/7 thread. 

Like you, I was very concerned about my nappies being visible at work, yet I still had the desire to be in nappies as much as possible. What I started to do was wear thin and discrete nappies to work. Over time I realised that they're not nearly as obvious as I felt them to be, finally finding my way to using proper nappies 24/7.

3 hours ago, square_duck said:

So.... I don'tknow.... Can I truly go 24/7, yet still have one foot in the "other" world???? 

Yes! Absolutely. I was this way for about 5 months recently.

3 hours ago, square_duck said:

I can't wear to work due to uniform etc, and my preferred disposable is the betterdry, which = bulky, but having to only change 2x a day is really nice.. U*G*H!!

Truth be told however, if I tried to wear a betterdry to work now, I believe that it would also be visible, but that's only due to my shape with the layout of the padding, and the way in which they swell. To avoid that, the nappies I currently wear are much more discrete and survive a single shift without too many problems. Have you tried any other medium-duty nappies that don't swell so much? While the cost savings with fewer changes is also appealing, consider that you're being paid to work. If you use a different nappy or quantity of nappies for work days, you could almost consider this a cost just like petrol. At least that's how I think of it. 

Otherwise I'm not going to tell you that I'm not biased. I am. Based on the benefits I've had, I happily promote trialling 24/7 nappy use to see if it's right for you :). If there's anything I can do to help you in this regard, please ask. Otherwise, enjoy your hybrid nappy life ?.

• Like 2

For me, diapers are part of, not the whole or even main part of, the story. Being Christine is. So I would not feel little and girlish with anything that could be worn out of that context. That is, it would not feel "padded" to the extent I am used to. and anything that would feel proper would be showy under anything but a dress, skirt or babydoll and would just feel like a wannabe. Also, given my age, since I only wear cloth, it would be complex enough to remove that, by the time I removed it, I would be wetting anyway so I might as well use it. I would have to use it anyway. So anything I could wear would be wearing diapers just for the sakeof wearing diapers, and not make me feel little or girlish, which is the main reason I have them, and, therefore be useless

• Like 1

I wear 24/7, but I barely used them during Easter as I was on holiday with my sisters family.

In the morning I usually get up and use the toilet, so the diaper can be worn longer, sometimes its even completely dry so it can be worn rest of the day.

I have cut down on my usage, and usually only use 1 diaper a day.
I have tried not wearing, but that has way to many drawbacks. 
I'm just a much calmer and stress free person when wearing. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

...I love to wear nearly 24/7, but seldom wet, never mess. Just love the comfort & feeling of being in cloth diapers. Rarely use plastic pants either. Mostly use those "BigTot" stretchy fabric diaper covers for sale on Etsy. Probably have more of those than plastic pants, probably about 20 of them. There for a while, they were kinda hard to get.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks guys. I really dont know why I posted this. I mean, Iknow people wear and dont "use"  <dur>

But, I guess I felt kind of weird one night wearing a cotton prefold to bed, no plastic pants, just for the sake of wearing, and the feeling and comfort etc. 

I just need to remember they are my underwear, andI wear how I want, when I want, when I want...and nothing else matters or is important. ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, square_duck said:

Thanks guys. I really dont know why I posted this. I mean, I know people wear and don't "use"  <dur>

But, I guess I felt kind of weird one night wearing a cotton prefold to bed, no plastic pants, just for the sake of wearing, and the feeling and comfort etc. 

I just need to remember they are my underwear, and I wear how I want, when I want, when I want...and nothing else matters or is important. ?

"  .....and nothing else matters or is important"

2 cents worth:-

Man's inhumanity to man is probably everyone's most important matter in life.

Just as a general comment,  ...   man's contempt for the natural world matters and is important for this generation and those to come, so to all of us here, please consider even your small impact when  indulging in what is, pleasure.

This is philosophical,   not  disapproval.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Wet Knight said:

"  .....and nothing else matters or is important"

2 cents worth:-

Man's inhumanity to man is probably everyone's most important matter in life.

Just as a general comment,  ...   man's contempt for the natural world matters and is important for this generation and those to come, so to all of us here, please consider even your small impact when  indulging in what is, pleasure.

This is philosophical,   not  disapproval.

Even if it matters, does it matter that it matters??? 

• Like 2

Being incontinent I have no choice but to wear 24/7, one pant size up and a plain coloured onesie and even wearing a Betterdry or Megamax no one has noticed in 6.5 years only 2 people noticed my need to take a back pack in to the bathroom. 

• Like 1

I guess I look at the term "24/7" as you are in diapers all the time and wet and or poop them.  I have no choice in my 24/7 as I am urinary incontinent.  Yes, I can take it down or off to poop and then right back on.  On another note, I do not have the option of saying I am not wearing today for any reason.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TheBabyPants said:

I guess I look at the term "24/7" as you are in diapers all the time and wet and or poop them.  I have no choice in my 24/7 as I am urinary incontinent.  Yes, I can take it down or off to poop and then right back on.  On another note, I do not have the option of saying I am not wearing today!

@TheBabyPants

So do I:  24/7 means that you are wearing and using the diapers.  it also means that you are wearing them ALL the time, and USING them ALL the time.  There are people who WEAR and don't use, while there are people who are incontinent that wear and use because they have NO choice.  I am a member of this class.  I **can** take a run to the potty when I REALLY have to do a BM, and its gonna be REALLY Bad, I will use the potty, because to do that means that your "mess factor" is lowered.  By "mess factor" I mean that when you mess, there is a severity factor:  Did you drop solids?  Did you drop a semi-solid load that can be contained by the diaper? OR did you have a "blow out" or a liquid release, that would make a HUGE mess when changing?

My Megas (Megamaxes) are DESIGNED to contain mess.  That is because they are designed for those that are severely incontinent.  I have had the experience of the "solid load", the "semi-solid load," and the dreaded "poop slurry" that is muddier then my brother's front yard in early spring!  Each is something that you deal with being incontinent, and each requires a different approach to cleanup and disposal of the diaper, and the mess, and you have to clean any surfaces you contact.  IF I have a situation where I just can't or don't want to move, I WILL Mess:  IBS and Diverticulitis are issues that sometimes can cause this to happen without WARNING or ability to do anything about it:  that's the brakes - I decided long ago that I was NOT gonna play with this, as it is easier to change a diaper than to worry about peeing or messing your pants :)

There are also those who are AB or DL, who may wear and use, which is to be expected, as they are AB or DL - There are also Psychological Reasons for wearing as well.  There are many reasons to wear and use, or just wear, but for me:

"24/7" means:  You, either by medical diagnosis or CHOICE, have decided to use diapers to deal with or help deal with incontinence.  You decide to do this by NOT using the toilet at all, either because you cannot, or because you make such a choice not to."    Incontinence can be BOTH ways, or ONE way, It does not really matter to me why you decide to wear or wear and use:  Whether you are "functionally incontinent" or "totally incontinent", or whether you are a AB or DL - You are Wearing, and if an AB, likely using, as this is what babies do:  I am Incontinent and DL, and have decided to deal with this using diapers.  "functional incontinence" means that for the most part, you are incontinent because of limits.  My doctor classifies me as "incontinence of Feces and Urine" and from research, I learned that due to my disability, I am Functionally Incontinent.

However, being Incontinent and DL, I don't worry, because I have learned to accept it, and also to have FUN with it as well.  To do this, I have ordered a few different brands of diapers, including AB/DL diapers, and incontinence diapers, like Megas.  They have different colors, and I have different colors of megas:  Black, Blue, Tie-Dye and PINK, which is my FAVORITE color:  They remind me of the Luvs Diapers for Girls that they had in the 90's". PINK and also very similar in feel and look, EXCEPT that there is nothing on the Landing Zone.

So, Incontinence means you do NOT have control of releases, OR you don't have as much control of releases as you once had.  "24/7" means that for the most part, you are using diapers, and have eliminated undies from the mix, because diapers ARE your underwear.  You also can be an AB and decide that, as babies do, that you use your diapers without exceptions.  It all depends on what is going on, your lifestyle, the severity of disability or severity of incontinence. 

However, it is kinda cool to be able to release and not worry - It is also a STRESS reliever to have a diaper on, as I am sure people like @babymaggiewould agree.  Sometimes, my stress levels are through the roof, so anything I can do to relieve it helps.  Of course, people like @Evelyn Dellcerroor @Transfusionelleor @amorfraldaJRwill probably say that they enjoy what they do, and that they like to "play" :)  

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
added letter to words
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

So, Incontinence means you do NOT have control of releases, OR you don't have as much control of releases as you once had.  "24/7" means that for the most part, you are using diapers, and have eliminated undies from the mix, because diapers ARE your underwear.  You also can be an AB and decide that, as babies do, that you use your diapers without exceptions.  It all depends on what is going on, your lifestyle, the severity of disability or severity of incontinence. 

However, it is kinda cool to be able to release and not worry - It is also a STRESS reliever to have a diaper on, as I am sure people like @babymaggiewould agree.  Sometimes, my stress levels are through the roof, so anything I can do to relieve it helps.  Of course, people like @Evelyn Dellcerroor @Transfusionelleor @amorfraldaJRwill probably say that they enjoy what they do, and that they like to "play" :)  

Brian

Well said and well written!

• Thanks 1
On 5/8/2021 at 7:53 AM, sparklezBear said:

Like you, I was very concerned about my nappies being visible at work, yet I still had the desire to be in nappies as much as possible. What I started to do was wear thin and discrete nappies to work. Over time I realised that they're not nearly as obvious as I felt them to be, finally finding my way to using proper nappies 24/7.

I went down this road as well - I used to wear thin, cloth-backed diapers, when I first started wearing them to work. Over time, I realized that nobody cared what I had on under my pants, so I up-sized my lower wardrobe by one size and started wearing medium-weight plastic ABDL diapers during the day. Work usually takes place from home for me, although I used to travel and visit customers fairly frequently, before the pandemic. 

On 5/8/2021 at 12:45 PM, Dubious said:

I'm just a much calmer and stress free person when wearing.

This rings very true for me. 

I have on occasion worn a diaper, and also elected to use the washroom intermittently, if getting changed would be logistically difficult, or if I was worried about being too close to the end of the rope on a diaper, and didn't want to risk a leak. I see nothing wrong with this - only I make the "rules" about how and why I wear diapers. I was in Europe with my family in 2019, and finding, storing and transporting diapers presented some hurdles, so although I wore diapers the whole time I was there, I took some potty breaks as necessary to stave off having to deal with a diaper change while at the Arc de Triomphe or whatever. And, I've always used the potty for #2 - I don't do that in my diaper very often. It's just too much work. 

15 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

24/7 means that you are wearing and using the diapers.  it also means that you are wearing them ALL the time, and USING them ALL the time. 

15 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

"24/7" means:  You, either by medical diagnosis or CHOICE, have decided to use diapers to deal with or help deal with incontinence.  You decide to do this by NOT using the toilet at all, either because you cannot, or because you make such a choice not to."

I couldn't agree less.  

24/7 means 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and it can be on any subject.

For me personally: I am a 24/7 parent, a 24/7 husband, ...

You may be a 24/7 diaper "user", someone else might as well be a 24/7 diaper "wearer".

I consider myself a 24/7 diaper lover, although I do not wear diapers 24/7.  That doesn't mean I don't love them, does it?  I would love to wear (and use) diapers 24/7, but that is just not realistic at this moment in my life (being a parent and a husband and NOT incontinent).

I do agree that, technically, wearing 24/7 during 5 days, is not really 24/7 since 5 days is less than 7?  And even then I think the term is only correct if it really refers to a much longer period of time, unless the time span is mentioned.

Your opinion may be different.

On 6/22/2021 at 12:12 PM, TheBabyPants said:

Well said and well written!

I love to play in a wet and messy diaper, and it just amplifies the fun we have together. Whether it be out in public or in the privacy of our own home, pooping and peeing diapers has been something I have enjoyed with my wife for the past five years. I love my wife and if this brings us even closer to being one,, then so be it. I have loved diapers 23 years and it took my wife to teach me how to enjoy them. Kisses my love @Evelyn Dellcerro Hugs and kisses to all of you. @~Brian~ you know you are always in our hearts..

• Thanks 2
On 6/23/2021 at 2:55 AM, Bel George said:

I couldn't agree less.  

24/7 means 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and it can be on any subject.

For me personally: I am a 24/7 parent, a 24/7 husband, ...

You may be a 24/7 diaper "user", someone else might as well be a 24/7 diaper "wearer".

I consider myself a 24/7 diaper lover, although I do not wear diapers 24/7.  That doesn't mean I don't love them, does it?  I would love to wear (and use) diapers 24/7, but that is just not realistic at this moment in my life (being a parent and a husband and NOT incontinent).

I do agree that, technically, wearing 24/7 during 5 days, is not really 24/7 since 5 days is less than 7?  And even then I think the term is only correct if it really refers to a much longer period of time, unless the time span is mentioned.

Your opinion may be different.

@Bel George

Yes, my opinion is different :)  I still respect yours as well!

I don't know how else to say that I am a 24/7 diaper wearer AND user.  In my situation, I am incontinent BOTH ways: Functionally incontinent, due to my Cerebral Palsy, with a medical diagnosis to back it UP.  People who are incontinent that have medical diagnosis if the situation requires it may have NO CHOICE but to wear and USE them.  In my case, it it's a GIVEN that I am gonna put ON a diaper, and when I have the need to, I will release in it.  I don't just WEAR the diaper, like some may, and NOT use it.  That may have been the case years ago, when I was exploring.  BUT Now that I am getting older, it is necessary, for my SAFETY and my convenience, lest I fall and hurt myself, or make a mess all over the floor, which I HAVE done in the past.  I also have peed and messed my BED at 3AM, and had to deal with that,  IBS and Diverticulitis.

So, in June, July and August of 2019, I was having severe problems with peeing and pooping myself and IBS, where I'd mess myself, and Diverticulitis would also show its ugly head.  It just was not "practical" for me to be running to the bathroom like a wildman, and  also NOT being able to sleep through the night.  So, that August, I spoke to the doctor:  I figured that the best course was to ask the doctor for help.  It is well known that CP can be of varying severity, from Mild, to Moderate, to severe.  CP basically is (and I use this to explain my condition to little kids and parents) "a condition where parts of my brain that control vital functions don't work as well as yours, because the parts of the brain that control these functions are dead."  I tell them that I am OK, and that it doesn't hurt me, because I don't know anything else, and I manage.  Most times, that will let them know that if they see me roll up next to or behind them, and STOP, not to be afraid of me.  Usually, my E-motion wheels' Indicators will be ON, and kids see the pretty lights, and the man in the chair, and they are curious:  I would rather have them be curious, ask questions, and I answer them age appropriately, rather then have them be scared of me.

CP can also affect your Bladder your Bowels, your muscles, your Hips, Pelvis, etc.  I was fortunate that, until August 2019, when experiencing these embarrassing  situations, that I was continent, and my Mom and Dad and other family members were patient and understanding when I would have accidents.  On August 7, 2019, I came here NOT  to lurk anymore, but to seek help:  I KNEW what I had to do, and signed on that day, and I have been here approaching 2 years.  @DailyDi and his team, as well as many friends I have made here have helped me to realize that while diapers may be necessary, that you can still have FUN. 

Lets put it this way:  The doctor says I am diagnosed with "incontinence of Feces and Urine,"   I can't help what is going on, so because people with CP sometimes have incontinence, it stands to reason that it can be a underlying problem as my condition and my body changes.  The Doctor praised me the day I asked him for help, because he said "It took a lot of GUTS for you to come in here and ask for help with this."  when I say 24/7, I mean that I wear the Diaper, I use the Diaper, I pee and mess in it, I clean myself up, treat for rash and other issues, and I put ON another diaper.   This happens EVERY time, as it is repetitive:  If I don't, i could either pee or mess without warning. If you have physical damage to the "plumbing" as @~ashley~  stated so well, because her "plumbing is broken," she has NO CHOICE, and knows that she is and always should be diapered: If NOT, she has to deal with that.  Like her, I CAN'T take a risk anymore, so I AM diapered all the time.  To NOT do that, would make me look foolish, if I started running like a wildman to the bathroom at work.  Diapers allow me to not stress and worry.  ESPECIALLY if I have a rumbling tummy and have to release a BM - The diaper takes care of that, and then I change.

So, @~ashley~and I are just TWO of the many examples of incontinent individuals that NEED to have, wear, and use as intended, diapers.  There are many more, but i can assure you that my decision to go full time, means that I "have, wear, and use as intended" my diapers. :)

On 6/23/2021 at 2:55 AM, Bel George said:

Heck No! Love them all you want! :)  I also have friends that are DL's, and I also am a DL.  You can be Incontinent and a DL as well.  The trick here, is that you have to BALANCE your drive to wear diapers and indulge in the activities of the lifestyle with your responsibilities as a Husband, a Parent and a father.  Those responsibilities come FIRST obviously.  Friends like @Evelyn Dellcerro and @Transfusionelle are in the DL category as well, and they seem to be able to find that balance, and they have FUN with diapers.  I am sure they can and will elaborate on that, and have in many posts.  They BOTH, as well as others, have taught me that it is "No Big Deal" to wear diapers, and it took me a while to accept that I WEAR and USE for medical reasons, and I cannot help it:  I Accepted being incontinent and a DL, and it was all because I learned that REGARDLESS of whether you wear or use, or wear AND use, or you "play, there is nothing wrong with you, and you should enjoy yourself appropriately.  There is some sort of CRAZY idea that "diapers are yucky" "diapers are for babies" or there are people who DON'T UNDERSTAND and some WON'T understand why we wear diapers for the reasons we do.  I have been well received by those that care about me, and they understand the reasons.  The World needs more people like Eve and Elle, because they play it straight, and they don't mess around:  They are two people who let it ride, and they also made me realize that just because you are in diapers, you don't have to feel bad:  You can have FUN too!

You see @Bel George, I think most of the problem with the use of diapers by anyone other than babies toddlers or Young Children and the disabled, is shunned and frowned upon, so people don't understand that some people LIKE diapers:  I have since I was 8.  For years, I suppressed the feelings, thinking that there was something wrong with me:  I was drawn back to them because of their sounds, the PLASTIC, the crinkles, the perfume smell, and the idea that when you have a diaper on, most people  think that you may not be able to control yourself.  A diaper may also make you feel good, or bring you back to a time when people EXPECTED that when they diaper you up, that you're gonna dirty it, and the parent or CareGiver has to change it.  Stigmas stink like dirty diapers, and people should not think of someone as an outcast because they are into diapers or other fetishes.

Diapers help me in 2 ways:  They help me deal with my incontinence in an appropriate way, as I chose to use diapers as my solution to deal with it, because of my disability.  They also satisfy a need that was evident when i was 8.  I have the medical reasons to wear and use, and I also have the conditions/problems that make use a necessity,  Because I have to wear to deal with the incontinence, it is the way I deal with liking diapers.  Having my disability also means that I NO LONGER have to suppress the urges of a DL, because your diaper is soft, crinkly or comfy.  I don't HAVE to hide the need, and I don't have to hide that i like them.  So, having to wear and use fills a NEED for me - That's all that matters - If you wear or use, or BOTH, don't feel guilty, because we all decide how, when, where, why, or for how long we wear or use.  Incontinent individuals who have ZERO control do this out of necessity - Its just the brakes:  I KNOW that my body is changing, so I changed the way I deal with toilet use, and i wanted a way to deal with it for safety and convenience.

Brian