LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How common are TV-ads for adult-incontinence-pants in your country?

Mysterion

How common are TV-ads for adult-incontinence-pants in your country?

…and what are they like?
The last couple of years I noticed an increase of TV-ads for adult incontinence pants on German TV, especially during the prime time. Its either TENA or Always, briefs or pads.

My favorite is the TENA Ad with the sentence: 
“I’ve got a secret weapon in my trousers (in German: Ich habe eine Geheimwaffe in meiner Hose)”. Which I think is pretty hilarious ?.

I think 10 years ago, ads like this would have been a no-go. 

How about in your countries – is it common on TV?

Wow times have changed a great deal. I am the television watcher, my wife not so much. But yes the new commercials for Tenna(silhouette) and Wearever incontinence briefs and Always discreet. I can keep naming so many. Here in the states yes the rise in commercials of adult diapers has risen, only because its a problem many adults are ashamed to speak about. I have never had a friend walk up and tell me they have to change their diapers, and they will return. Its unheard of. I have a few co workers that do wear diapers for comfort and to keep them from peeing themselves during the busy nights. It is a growing agenda thats needs to be addressed. I see them many times on most of the big networks here and there should be more. We diaper lovers are still the minority.

• Like 3

@woelkchen-2018

Ads for Incontinence Products (diapers/pads/underwear) seem to be very popular in the U.S. Too.  It seems like each afternoon, between 1-3PM, there are a TON of ads for depend, and other incontinence products, as well as for companies that sell or try to sell you their services.  They  tell you that there will be "less embarrassment" because you can order supplies from them, rather than getting them from the local store.  This is supposed to be better, because you can get any products you need from these companies.

In my view, I have to disagree with the idea that these companies can provide what you "need." I need plastic backed diapers - PERIOD - I "needed" something better than the every day consumer uses.  I was able to get what I need, but I had to PUSH hard for what should be plastic backed products.  NO ONE seems to be able to provide these, or they "hide them" unless they have reason to get paid for them.  When you have severe incontinence, you don't WANT the cheap stuff, but that is what you get, and you get the idea that companies don't give you quality - They'll give you QUANITY, like 300+ diapers a month, but the QUALITY take a dump in the potty, because the REIMBURSEMENT rate is Horrid, and as such, they go cheap.  I DESTROYED First Quality's arguments and "excuses" that said that since medicaid doesn't approve the use of plastic backed diapers, they go with cloth backed, and they used the excuse that they change diapers so much that they don't need them to be of better quality.......BULL!!

I remember back in the days when kids would have plastic backed quality diapers, and most of them were so THICK, that you would KNOW you had one ON:  they got better as time moved forward, but NOW, the "cloth backed" garbage just inundates the market, and convenience/comfort for the wearer, as well as the preferences of the wearer are discarded.  They use EVERY excuse possible to get away with providing something that is substandard!

They need to take a page out of @NorthShoreAdam's book, and make diapers that WORK better than the junk they peddle.  Quality and usability are two things I look for, and as far as I see it, EVERY CLOTH BACKED product is garbage:  Plastic Backed diapers work for me, but they may not work for everyone, but there is NO EXCUSE to make bad products, so you can get away with providing 300+ products a month, and having to double and triple them up - Take a Bow Northshore, you are the BEST diaper - Thank You for what you do for the community.

Brian

• Like 4
On 11/16/2020 at 12:14 PM, ~Brian~ said:

They need to take a page out of @NorthShoreAdam's book, and make diapers that WORK better than the junk they peddle.  Quality and usability are two things I look for, and as far as I see it, EVERY CLOTH BACKED product is garbage:  Plastic Backed diapers work for me, but they may not work for everyone, but there is NO EXCUSE to make bad products, so you can get away with providing 300+ products a month, and having to double and triple them up - Take a Bow Northshore, you are the BEST diaper - Thank You for what you do for the community.

Brian

@~Brian~ Thanks very much for your feedback and support!

5 hours ago, NorthShoreAdam said:

@~Brian~ Thanks very much for your feedback and support!

(When I use the reference to "These Cormpanies" or "companies" I am NOT referring t Northshore Care, @NorthShoreAdam or his WONDERFUL people, because They are doing what SHOULD be done, and they are taking care of their customers, doing what they should be -  Companies worry about reimbursements, and are just worried about MONEY and not quality - They give us NO CHOICE, and then give us "excuses"  as to why we can't GET what we KNOW is available.  @NorthShoreAdamis like a "beacon" because he KNOWS what we need - He started Northshore because a NEED was NOT being met - and I am glad that he UNDERSTANDS the needs of many :))

You are welcome sir - I guess the reason that people have trouble getting what they "want/need to use" is because everything is "quantity over quality"  I believe that is why you started Northshore Care, because the products that you needed were either really cheap, and poorly made, or NOT available - I wish that companies would understand that CHEAP stuff doesn't CUT it in the IC circle, and I can DESTROY the makers of "prevail air diapers" because of STUPID excuses, and lack of quality:  This is because they have forgotten that they do NOT have to USE the products that they make/sell/distribute.  

They don't DEAL with the situations that people with IC deal with: They don't have to USE these products, and they don't have to deal with the AFTERMATH of using these products.  They don't understand that COMFORT and QUALITY as well as DEPENDABILITY is IMPORTANT.  All these companies want us to use "garbage products" because it is the "easy way out" It is the cheapest way for Medicaid to deal with it - Thank GOD for Northshore - LOVE them - Thank You Sir! 

Brian

• Like 1
On 11/17/2020 at 10:06 AM, stevewet said:

I am amazed how often incontinene products are now seen on TV ads. But always women never men.

Yeah, though I have heard Tena men's pads advertised on the radio before.

The women's products including pads and "discreet" pants have been advertised regularly on TV for 10 or maybe 20 years... still wish they would promote the fact that some people need heavier protection, and actually advertise an adult taped nappy.

On 11/17/2020 at 5:06 AM, stevewet said:

I am amazed how often incontinene products are now seen on TV ads. But always women never men.

Just a few years ago Depends were showing TV adds with men for their incontinence underwear.  Even football players and sports figures were wearing them.  Of course, that was when Depends were proactively trying to get everyone to give up regular underwear and go with their disposable pull on underwear "just in case" or for whatever reasons they could come up with.  Remember "Underwearness"?

22 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Just a few years ago Depends were showing TV adds with men for their incontinence underwear.  Even football players and sports figures were wearing them.  Of course, that was when Depends were proactively trying to get everyone to give up regular underwear and go with their disposable pull on underwear "just in case" or for whatever reasons they could come up with.  Remember "Underwearness"?

O ya and they got Lisa Rinna to do a Depend commercial and Kristi Alley for Poise.

CBS evening news just about always has some commercial for Depend.  I forget where and when I saw Always commercials.

When ME-TV was running MAN FROM UNCLE Sunday nights at 10 EST,about 4 years ago, it was crawling with Tena ads. Now that promised a possibility: 'The Wet Diaper Affair", Where THRUSH would set out to explode the P-24/7 bomb that would make everyone not treated with the special drug upon which THRUSH had the monopoly, Nopissatolm to be fully urinary IC

In fact, in one of the early first season episodes, maybe even #1, the ending includes a discussion of Nopoleon  Solo having the cutesy nickname "Nappy", which, this being 1964 USA, it went over EVERYBODY'S, including my, head

https://solie.org/alibrary/TheManfromUNCLE.html

On 11/16/2020 at 10:50 AM, woelkchen-2018 said:

“I’ve got a secret weapon in my trousers (in German: Ich habe eine Geheimwaffe in meiner Hose)”. Which I think is pretty hilarious ?.

That is what I told Hildegarde, but she was not having any. Maybe she thought it was hilarious, too

This link is to another thread that started up after this one and I do not wish to cross-post unless I must. It is equally germaine to this thread as well

• Like 1

In the early and mid'50's, game shows started as early evening fare One such was BEAT THE CLOCK Now some of you may  remember the second incarnation of that show But in the early mid '50's the original came on. The premise was that the contestant(s) were given a task and an alotted time in which to complete it. Here is the kicker. Two contestants were assigned the task of betting into an adult size diaper that was already fastened. The trick was, they had to do it witout using their hands by getting their feet into the leg openings then wriggle and squirm until they got it in place. One of them actually succeeded and the other may have

This has ramped up considerably in recent years “downunder”.  They seem to be almost exclusively female-focused and to me, look like they are attempting to normalize some degree of incontinence (re-branded as “light bladder leakage” and described by one vendor as a “micro-problem”).

This smacks of a “Don’t waste time with your doctor!  Just buy our stuff!” angle that I don’t like much.

Oh, and there was the time when Google figured out about my shopping, not long after I went 24/7 and somewhat embarrassingly bombarded me with “helpful” ads, even when watching You-Tube on the family TV.  I fixed that.

It is not hard to understand the ramp-up the "baby boom" was the biggest increase in population in history. The oldest of them are 74 and the youngest are 55. Well, guess what sets in for men at about 52 and for women it is much the same Frankly, my doctor has offered me zippo for the problem of getting up 3 times at night to go and all those supplements are a scam So guess what