LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Going to the doctors diapered

So question. I have a physical coming up later this week.  And I’m really not sure what to do about the whole diaper thing.  In trying to keep true to the concept of accepting myself as a person that needs diapers full time, it seems like taking two steps back not going to the doctors dressed how I am everywhere else. I want and increasingly need my diapers full time. I’ve been damn near 24/7 that last three months, and even pretty steady before that. I haven’t even used the potty in the last month or so even once and take diapers pretty seriously. I know I could make it super easy on myself and just take off right before I go in and back on right before I come out. But I feel this is sending my brain the wrong signals and message  like that there is something wrong with diapers. If asked I wouldn’t lie and say it was medical, I’d say it was a personal comfort thing. Anyone else have any experience?  Thanks for the input!

Depending on what you're going to the doc for, chances are high the diapers won't even come up.  Personally if you're serious about going 24/7, I agree with you that it would be taking a step back to avoid wearing at the doctor's.  They're professionals, they see this kind of thing all the time and aren't going to think it's strange.

Don’t concern yourself about going to the Drs office in a diaper. This is just another lesson in management and how you react. You need to face it to get used to it. If for some reason the dr finds out they will ask if there is something they can do to help. It’ll be at that moment you’ll need to decide what your reply will be. Honesty is the best policy. After that just opt to not discuss it further. Remember, what is said in that room stays in that room. It may go into your file but it’s not going all over town.

This is something that I've wrestled with as well. I have been 24/7, 98% of the time, for the last 15 months or so. I have worn a diaper the last couple of times that I've been to the doctor, but I knew that the appointments were not going to involve getting undressed, so it was essentially the same as wearing one to the dentist. I am entirely able to go without a diaper on for the length of a doctor's appointment - I don't wear diapers when I run, for example, typically for about an hour, a couple of days a week (not by choice but because I haven't found a diaper yet that doesn't either damage my skin, fall apart, or both, during a hard hour-long run). But, to your point, @Tusk626, I have also tried to remain dedicated to wearing, to the point of even going out and buying diapers when I was in Europe last year, because I couldn't possibly pack enough of them.

A stepping off point for me may be a follow-up MRI that I have scheduled for later this year; you have to strip down to a hospital gown and undies, and getting into and out of the machine is impossible to do with complete discretion. If I wear a diaper, and if someone sees it, everyone I'll be dealing with there are people I likely will never see again, so it could be a test of how I feel about it, without jumping out in front of my doctor of 25 years and saying, "Hey, I know I never brought this up with you, but I wear diapers now. No particular reason. Also I'm taking vitamin D, don't smoke, and I exercise a couple of times a week."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm reminded of an old saying - Shit or get Off The Pot.  You need to decide if you will be in diapers going forwards for the rest of your life for your fetish.  If so, bite the bullet, wear diapers to your doctor office, get it over with and out there but don't try and make up a story about having some accidents or anything.  You will never be able to fool a doctor medically.  They are smarter than you in that regard.  Either wear a diaper and hope it won't be noticed (doubtful if you have to take your shirt off as some diaper might become exposed or the noise or bulk might be obvious) or just come out and tell your doctor there is no medical problem, you have just decided to wear diapers as your underwear for personal reasons.  All in or not.  That has to be your position if, as you said, "In trying to keep true to the concept of accepting myself as a person that needs diapers full time, it seems like taking two steps back not going to the doctors dressed how I am everywhere else. I want and increasingly need my diapers full time. I’ve been damn near 24/7 that last three months, and even pretty steady before that. I haven’t even used the potty in the last month or so even once and take diapers pretty seriously".  If that is going to be your way of life going forwards, do it and get it over with, and that means for any other similar situation as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
18 hours ago, Tusk626 said:

So question. I have a physical coming up later this week.  And I’m really not sure what to do about the whole diaper thing.  In trying to keep true to the concept of accepting myself as a person that needs diapers full time, it seems like taking two steps back not going to the doctors dressed how I am everywhere else. I want and increasingly need my diapers full time. I’ve been damn near 24/7 that last three months, and even pretty steady before that. I haven’t even used the potty in the last month or so even once and take diapers pretty seriously. I know I could make it super easy on myself and just take off right before I go in and back on right before I come out. But I feel this is sending my brain the wrong signals and message  like that there is something wrong with diapers. If asked I wouldn’t lie and say it was medical, I’d say it was a personal comfort thing. Anyone else have any experience?  Thanks for the input!

@Tusk626

I agree with everyone here.  If you are going to try to use diapers 24/7, you should WEAR DIAPERS EVERYWHERE and use them everywhere.  You should NOT be afraid to wear, but as @rusty pins has stated, you don't want to tell the doctor a "medical lie" because they will know one way or the other.  If the doctor asks you a question, you could tell the doctor that you choose to wear diapers to make yourself feel better, or because of a choice that you want to use diapers as your underwear.  A doctor will understand - They are required to keep stuff confidential - Unless medically necessary for your emergency contact to be informed. 

Going 24/7 is a BIG step, and if you are going to do this, you should make the decision, and stick to it - This means carrying your change of clothes, diapers, powder, wipes, rash cream, underpads, etc WITH you - as @rusty pins has stated, you are either all IN or not - just be prepared for your situations, and prepared for times when you will have to change in inconvenient places, or change at inconvenient times:  You are making a commitment, so you have to decide:  Do you want to wear diapers, or do you NOT want to wear diapers?

As far as wearing diapers to the doctors:  If you are wearing diapers NOW, you should wear diapers at the appointment.  After last year, having diverticulitis and accidents, I made the decision to go with diapers:  I am incontinent, so I have NO CHOICE, I have to wear them.  I WILL wear them, and my doctor and support teams know that I wear them, and that it is a choice:  The choice is MINE, and I want to make it easier for myself, due to limited mobility, safety and comfort.  The Doctor KNOWS I wear, and why, because he helped me get the diapers I use, and I told him that the Megamax diapers work for me, so thats what I get.

It would be ILL ADVISED to lie to, or hide ANYTHING from your doctor.  The doctor works for you and with you, and the only way the doctor can help you to his/her best ability is for you to be OPEN, HONEST and STRAIGHT with him or her.  DO NOT hide anything from him/her.

Good Luck!

Brian

• Thanks 1

Thank you for all the wonderful comments and suggestions. It’s a  little nerve-racking because I don’t have much of a rapport with this doctor, and I don’t want it written down in my records. So if I do it I think I’ll just request that if it comes up. I know it will be seen because I have to get my testees examined As a basic part of the routine of the physical. I know I just need to own this new part of my life, and not give a damn?

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Tusk626 said:

Thank you for all the wonderful comments and suggestions. This little nerve-racking because I don’t have much of a rapport with this doctor, and I don’t want it written down in my records. So if I do it I think I’ll just request that if it comes up. I know it will be seen because I have to get my testees examined As a basic part of the routine of the physical. I know I just need to own this new part of my life, and not give a damn?

@Tusk626

You are Welcome!

Just FYI:  because of my disabilities, I have incontinence and diverticulitis LISTED on my medical records - Did that because if someone needs to help me with a change, they are authorized to do it, and no one will get into trouble, and agencies will NOT get the wrong ideas - I want to be transparent with those who SHOULD and HAVE to know that I wear/use diapers.  If you are going in for a physical, and he is checking the "plumbing," all I would do, is remove the diaper when he asks you to, and then change the diaper when you are finished, disposing of it when you leave:  It may take you a while to adjust once you make the transition, but If you eventually want to be using 24/7, you will have to learn to change in different places at at different times.

Take Care, and Good Luck!

Brian

• Thanks 1
22 hours ago, Tusk626 said:

It’s a  little nerve-racking because I don’t have much of a rapport with this doctor, and I don’t want it written down in my records. So if I do it I think I’ll just request that if it comes up. I know it will be seen because I have to get my testees examined As a basic part of the routine of the physical. I know I just need to own this new part of my life, and not give a damn?

Yes, the last part you wrote is what you need to do going forwards if this indeed will be your new chosen lifestyle.  It sounds like you are still conflicted based on how you started the above reply.  Rapport with the doctor or not, listed in your records or not, you have to decide. What is your problem with it being listed in your records for people to see going forwards if you intend to be in diapers 24/7/365 100% from this day forwards?  It will avoid any new doctors you may have in the future from wondering why you are wearing diapers.  Being in your medical records is all a part of the whole package if you are embracing full time diapers, no going back.  If you have these conflicts with your doctor or it being in your records, maybe sit back and really think of how you want to go forwards.  Do you want to embrace being in diapers 100% of the time forever, or only 95% of the time and use underpants for the times when you may need to go to the doctor, gym locker room, share a hotel room with someone, at the local pool with a swimsuit or any other time or place where you might have trepidation or an uncomfortable feeling of being in diapers in some situations.  You don't have to go 100% in diapers if there are times you would feel uncomfortable with, say your doctor or medical records.  95% is still almost 100% full time but you are giving yourself an "out" in case there is a situation that pops up where you just don't feel proper to wear a diaper.  No shame in that as long as you don't become actually incontinent and lose your control and have to rely on diapers.  That could be your goal so again, sit back and reevaluate yourself to make sure 100% diapers and total loss of control and continence is what you want in every possible situation.  Wetting and pooping in your diapers at any time or place including your doctor's office could be a good possibility.  Realize that you may tell your doctor you have made the choice to wear diapers as your personal underwear going forwards, but when you are asked to undress for your exam your diaper may be visibly wet and your doctor will know so be prepared for that situation.  When you make that final decision, realize there is no going back whatever you decide.  That means marriage, children, running for public office, teaching younger kids, going to any doctor for the rest of your life who may need to have you undress for examinations, etc.  Just make sure you are at ease with your decisions and don't look back. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I expect that my response will be too late (given that you said "later this week" and it's Friday now, but I want to chime in for posterity.

There is no "Diaper Police".  There is nothing that says that if you're not 24/7/365 with ZERO exceptions for the rest of your life that you get a trophy.  There is nothing "requiring" you to do anything at all. 

It's perfectly fine if you want to acknowledge that, while wearing diapers "most" of the time helps your psyche, there are times when it just doesn't make sense, and you don't need to wear them without exception.  Perhaps doctors are an exception for you.  For Little Sherri it sounds like running is an exception.  And that's great... it means that diapers are a part of your life, not your entire life, and when the time isn't right to wear them you don't.  That sounds sane and balanced to me.

Anyway, I hear the normally-sane @rusty pins saying, "Shit or get Off The Pot", and I have to wonder, in this case, "why?".  I mean, why take such an uncompromising view? 

• Thanks 1

OK. I have worn a diaper to !any Doctors appointments. My primary care physician has never brought it up, so I don't know if they were noticed.

Diapers have come up twice. The first time while I was having testicular pain, and the Urologist PA asked what type of underwear I normally wore. I told her, and that there was no medical need. She nodded and suggested something with more support.

The second time was with an x-ray tech that something strange on my x-rays. I mentioned my diaper and he went no, look at this. He was surprised by the large wire in my body. I was surprised too, I hadn't realized how long it was. It prevents the previous testicular pain problem.

What kind of underwear you are wearing is none of the business of your doctor, unless there is a medical need. 

21 hours ago, justforfun said:

I expect that my response will be too late (given that you said "later this week" and it's Friday now, but I want to chime in for posterity.

There is no "Diaper Police".  There is nothing that says that if you're not 24/7/365 with ZERO exceptions for the rest of your life that you get a trophy.  There is nothing "requiring" you to do anything at all. 

It's perfectly fine if you want to acknowledge that, while wearing diapers "most" of the time helps your psyche, there are times when it just doesn't make sense, and you don't need to wear them without exception.  Perhaps doctors are an exception for you.  For Little Sherri it sounds like running is an exception.  And that's great... it means that diapers are a part of your life, not your entire life, and when the time isn't right to wear them you don't.  That sounds sane and balanced to me.

Anyway, I hear the normally-sane @rusty pins saying, "Shit or get Off The Pot", and I have to wonder, in this case, "why?".  I mean, why take such an uncompromising view? 

On 7/8/2020 at 4:59 PM, rusty pins said:

Yes, the last part you wrote is what you need to do going forwards if this indeed will be your new chosen lifestyle.  It sounds like you are still conflicted based on how you started the above reply.  Rapport with the doctor or not, listed in your records or not, you have to decide. What is your problem with it being listed in your records for people to see going forwards if you intend to be in diapers 24/7/365 100% from this day forwards?  It will avoid any new doctors you may have in the future from wondering why you are wearing diapers.  Being in your medical records is all a part of the whole package if you are embracing full time diapers, no going back.  If you have these conflicts with your doctor or it being in your records, maybe sit back and really think of how you want to go forwards.  Do you want to embrace being in diapers 100% of the time forever, or only 95% of the time and use underpants for the times when you may need to go to the doctor, gym locker room, share a hotel room with someone, at the local pool with a swimsuit or any other time or place where you might have trepidation or an uncomfortable feeling of being in diapers in some situations.  You don't have to go 100% in diapers if there are times you would feel uncomfortable with, say your doctor or medical records.  95% is still almost 100% full time but you are giving yourself an "out" in case there is a situation that pops up where you just don't feel proper to wear a diaper.  No shame in that as long as you don't become actually incontinent and lose your control and have to rely on diapers.  That could be your goal so again, sit back and reevaluate yourself to make sure 100% diapers and total loss of control and continence is what you want in every possible situation.  Wetting and pooping in your diapers at any time or place including your doctor's office could be a good possibility.  Realize that you may tell your doctor you have made the choice to wear diapers as your personal underwear going forwards, but when you are asked to undress for your exam your diaper may be visibly wet and your doctor will know so be prepared for that situation.  When you make that final decision, realize there is no going back whatever you decide.  That means marriage, children, running for public office, teaching younger kids, going to any doctor for the rest of your life who may need to have you undress for examinations, etc.  Just make sure you are at ease with your decisions and don't look back. 

To address your comments, justforfun, I will explain.  The original poster of this thread said, "In trying to keep true to the concept of accepting myself as a person that needs diapers full time, it seems like taking two steps back not going to the doctors dressed how I am everywhere else. I want and increasingly need my diapers full time. I’ve been damn near 24/7 that last three months, and even pretty steady before that. I haven’t even used the potty in the last month or so even once and take diapers pretty seriously. I know I could make it super easy on myself and just take off right before I go in and back on right before I come out. But I feel this is sending my brain the wrong signals and message  like that there is something wrong with diapers".  He said that he want's to accept himself as a person who needs diapers full time and it's like taking a step backwards if he does not wear diapers to the doctor.  He wants diapers 24/7.  In his first original post he states that it's sending the wrong signals to his brain if he takes off his diaper for the doctor's office and puts it back on once he's out, like there is something wrong with wearing diapers.  My point was, if that is how he feels going forwards, then it's best to get used to all situations that may come up if his decision is to wear diapers 24/7/365 the rest of his life.  Get used to it if that is his plan and goal and he has personal issues with himself if as he said, "it seems like taking two steps back not going to the doctors dressed how I am everywhere else. I want and increasingly need my diapers full time.  I know I could make it super easy on myself and just take off right before I go in and back on right before I come out. But I feel this is sending my brain the wrong signals and message".  Under that situation, I stand by my original answer to make a decision and stick with it going forwards if that is what he really wants and he is conflicted about taking a diaper off for a doctor visit.

In my second post (above) responding to his second post,  "It’s a  little nerve-racking because I don’t have much of a rapport with this doctor, and I don’t want it written down in my records. So if I do it I think I’ll just request that if it comes up. I know it will be seen because I have to get my testees examined As a basic part of the routine of the physical. I know I just need to own this new part of my life, and not give a damn?"  I stated, "It sounds like you are still conflicted based on how you started the above reply.  If you have these conflicts with your doctor or it being in your records, maybe sit back and really think of how you want to go forwards.  Do you want to embrace being in diapers 100% of the time forever, or only 95% of the time and use underpants for the times when you may need to go to the doctor, gym locker room, share a hotel room with someone, at the local pool with a swimsuit or any other time or place where you might have trepidation or an uncomfortable feeling of being in diapers in some situations.  You don't have to go 100% in diapers if there are times you would feel uncomfortable with, say your doctor or medical records.  95% is still almost 100% full time but you are giving yourself an "out" in case there is a situation that pops up where you just don't feel proper to wear a diaper.  No shame in that as long as you don't become actually incontinent and lose your control and have to rely on diapers.  That could be your goal so again, sit back and reevaluate yourself to make sure 100% diapers and total loss of control and continence is what you want in every possible situation.  Just make sure you are at ease with your decisions and don't look back."   I think this states things well.  If in the first post he feels wrong to take off his diaper for a doctor appointment and that is not being true to his feelings and desires, then make the decision to just jump in, do it and not look back.  In his second reply, it appears he is still having some over all doubts, telling his doctor, having it in his medical records, etc.  Since it seems he is having these doubts, I suggested possibly going 95%, no shame in that and sitting back and thinking as well as reevaluating just for sure what he wants going forwards.  After all, you have compromise in everyday life, even if it means you don't want to go to the opera with your wife but you go anyway.  Two different issues are presented in his two posts.  The first is feeling it's not right for him to take backwards steps at the doctor by not wearing diapers, the second saying, "It’s a  little nerve-racking because I don’t have much of a rapport with this doctor, and I don’t want it written down in my records".  That shows a conflict is still going on with this person, hence my second reply.  He does end his second post by saying, "I know I just need to own this new part of my life, and not give a damn?"  That said, he may still be conflicted but if he is saying he needs to own this part of his life and not give a damn, then if that is his decision after thinking it all over and evaluating things going forward and not wanting to perhaps do a 95% diapers and 5% not for some situations, then I say you have made that decision after much thought and reflection so stand by it.  Shit or get off the pot if that is your final decision, or else do some more thinking about it again. 

I had to go to a doctor for a dot physical last year and I was wearing my diaper. the doctor asked about it and I told her I have been having issues with uncontroled re-lease and that I cant hold it very long. which is the truth. she asked if I have been looked at for a cause and I had basic test done. I was offerd meds to try but I don't like taking medication so I choose to wear protection

This has taken me a little longer to get to then  it should have, but I wanted to thank you all so very much for all the kind, thoughtful, and sincere responses. My appointment was last Friday, but it has taken me a few days to soak everything in, so to speak?. Based on all the encouragement and support on this thread, I decided to do something I never thought I would. I wore my diaper to the doctors as a test to prove to being true myself, to be more authenticity me and to be open and honest with my doctor. Long story short and absolutely nothing sort of amazing for my psyche, my doctor stated he was impressed by my confidence, and gave me a fist bump for me being true to myself and brave. And the appointment moved as anyone would expect. Now, less and less stops me from continuing on this journey. Only time will tell where it goes but I count myself fortunate that folks like yourselves took time out of your day to help a stranger. So a very big thank you ❤️

And yay, I got a clean bill of health :)

• Like 2
To address your comments, justforfun, I will explain.  The original poster of this thread said, "In trying to keep true to the concept of accepting myself as a person that needs diapers full time, it seems like taking two steps back not going to the doctors dressed how I am everywhere else. I want and increasingly need my diapers full time. I’ve been damn near 24/7 that last three months, and even pretty steady before that. I haven’t even used the potty in the last month or so even once and take diapers pretty seriously. I know I could make it super easy on myself and just take off right before I go in and back on right before I come out. But I feel this is sending my brain the wrong signals and message  like that there is something wrong with diapers".  He said that he want's to accept himself as a person who needs diapers full time and it's like taking a step backwards if he does not wear diapers to the doctor.  He wants diapers 24/7.  In his first original post he states that it's sending the wrong signals to his brain if he takes off his diaper for the doctor's office and puts it back on once he's out, like there is something wrong with wearing diapers.  My point was, if that is how he feels going forwards, then it's best to get used to all situations that may come up if his decision is to wear diapers 24/7/365 the rest of his life.  Get used to it if that is his plan and goal and he has personal issues with himself if as he said, "it seems like taking two steps back not going to the doctors dressed how I am everywhere else. I want and increasingly need my diapers full time.  I know I could make it super easy on myself and just take off right before I go in and back on right before I come out. But I feel this is sending my brain the wrong signals and message".  Under that situation, I stand by my original answer to make a decision and stick with it going forwards if that is what he really wants and he is conflicted about taking a diaper off for a doctor visit.
In my second post (above) responding to his second post,  "It’s a  little nerve-racking because I don’t have much of a rapport with this doctor, and I don’t want it written down in my records. So if I do it I think I’ll just request that if it comes up. I know it will be seen because I have to get my testees examined As a basic part of the routine of the physical. I know I just need to own this new part of my life, and not give a damn[emoji4]"  I stated, "It sounds like you are still conflicted based on how you started the above reply.  If you have these conflicts with your doctor or it being in your records, maybe sit back and really think of how you want to go forwards.  Do you want to embrace being in diapers 100% of the time forever, or only 95% of the time and use underpants for the times when you may need to go to the doctor, gym locker room, share a hotel room with someone, at the local pool with a swimsuit or any other time or place where you might have trepidation or an uncomfortable feeling of being in diapers in some situations.  You don't have to go 100% in diapers if there are times you would feel uncomfortable with, say your doctor or medical records.  95% is still almost 100% full time but you are giving yourself an "out" in case there is a situation that pops up where you just don't feel proper to wear a diaper.  No shame in that as long as you don't become actually incontinent and lose your control and have to rely on diapers.  That could be your goal so again, sit back and reevaluate yourself to make sure 100% diapers and total loss of control and continence is what you want in every possible situation.  Just make sure you are at ease with your decisions and don't look back."   I think this states things well.  If in the first post he feels wrong to take off his diaper for a doctor appointment and that is not being true to his feelings and desires, then make the decision to just jump in, do it and not look back.  In his second reply, it appears he is still having some over all doubts, telling his doctor, having it in his medical records, etc.  Since it seems he is having these doubts, I suggested possibly going 95%, no shame in that and sitting back and thinking as well as reevaluating just for sure what he wants going forwards.  After all, you have compromise in everyday life, even if it means you don't want to go to the opera with your wife but you go anyway.  Two different issues are presented in his two posts.  The first is feeling it's not right for him to take backwards steps at the doctor by not wearing diapers, the second saying, "It’s a  little nerve-racking because I don’t have much of a rapport with this doctor, and I don’t want it written down in my records".  That shows a conflict is still going on with this person, hence my second reply.  He does end his second post by saying, "I know I just need to own this new part of my life, and not give a damn[emoji4]"  That said, he may still be conflicted but if he is saying he needs to own this part of his life and not give a damn, then if that is his decision after thinking it all over and evaluating things going forward and not wanting to perhaps do a 95% diapers and 5% not for some situations, then I say you have made that decision after much thought and reflection so stand by it.  Shit or get off the pot if that is your final decision, or else do some more thinking about it again. 
I wear to my Dr appt. And everywhere but the shower. I. Don't care what people think. Im incontinent and many times I wet and don't even know it happens. Some Family and Friends know but it's not a problem

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Way back in 87 after my spinal injury I decided to wear diapers 24/7, this included every time I went to see a doctor, at that time I had no actual need to wear diapers just wanted to wear diapers 24/7 so I told my doctor I could not control my bladder and was wearing diapers to keep my pants dry.

I was put through many tests to see why I could not control my bladder and the finial results was nerve damage due to spinal injury.

I would wet my diaper while at the doctors office to reinforce the notion that I could not control my bladder, after a couple years I told my doctor that I was having difficulties controlling my bowels and having messing accidents, all he said was monitor it and if it gets any worse to let him know, at my next yearly physical I was sitting on the exam table in just my diaper and of all the dumb luck in the middle of the examination I messed myself, doctor finished up what he was doing, offered me the change to go get changed, not having a spare diaper with me I declined the offer and said Id change as soon as I got home.

As someone who decided a couple of years ago to live a diapered lifestyle 24/7, I was naturally concerned about my first doctor's visit wearing a pullup but as it turned out there was nothing to worry about in the least because he just took it as part of being a young senior citizen that had wetting/leakage issues and nothing more was said about it. He did however, refer me to a urologist because it was time for the annual prostrate checkup and bladder health check. Again, the urologist was not concerned, though he did ask a few questions about why I was wearing a diaper because he found no real reason for me to do so. After explaining my decision to live a diapered lifestyle, he simply made a note of that in my medical file and nothing more was mentioned. In fact, I just had my annual check up and my diaper wearing never even came up. Doctors, nurses, caregivers are professionals, and they have seen everything. As long as you are honest and open with them, they will give you respect and privacy as they care for your overall health. ?

I still haven't come clean to my doctor about wearing nappies, after nearly 2 years of wearing all day every day.  I've just finished a course of antibiotics for a UTI, and thanks to Covid I didn't see a doctor face to face for that either - just a phone consultation.  I have to say I'll be relieved once they know & it's in my medical records.

• Like 1
On 8/5/2020 at 1:11 PM, Stroller said:

I still haven't come clean to my doctor about wearing nappies, after nearly 2 years of wearing all day every day.  I've just finished a course of antibiotics for a UTI, and thanks to Covid I didn't see a doctor face to face for that either - just a phone consultation.  I have to say I'll be relieved once they know & it's in my medical records.

I remember being nervous myself about how to approach my family doctor of how I had decided to life a diapered lifestyle. I found every excuse in the book to avoid the subject, even to the point of not wearing a diaper or pullup for a medical appointment. I realized I was lying to myself about the whole "hiding" issue and when I finally came out of my "diapered shell" I felt such great relief and never looked back about my diaper/pullup needs and desires.:thumbsup:

Hi there @Tusk626 I know the feeling of not wanting to tell the doctor.  There have been times I was scared.  But I truly got over it.  There have been times I went to the ER in a diaper and nothing was said.  I even pulled my pants down for the exam and they did not care I was wearing a diaper.  I am not sure if my last surgery if I was wearing a diaper as I do not remember.  I think I was though and the one before that I was wearing a diaper.  I remember the the one that was not this last surgery but the one before that.  When I woke up the diaper was all orange looking from the stuff they clean the skin with and sanitize the skin with was all over the diaper.  well on the skin side of the diaper.  

When I was in the recovery room waiting for to use the bathroom after surgery the Nurse came in and said either you go pee or I put a cathe in you to make you go pee.  Well I tried again to pee in the bathroom and she seen I was wearing a diaper she said your wearing that and you went into the bathroom.  though my pecker woke up as it heard the word cathe and I peed.  When she said your "wearing that." I almost hit the fan as my stepdad does not know about the diapers.  Though my mom does and we both joked about it not soon after when we both were alone.

Now a days I just do not care what other people think of me in a diaper.

I've been dodging this bullet for 18 months now.  I have a routine visit I need to organise for an expiring prescription in the next week or two.  I'll probably be ok but urgency can come on quick these days.  I won't be disappointed if it turns into a tele-consult because of COVID-19.  If it doesn't, I'll make sure I'm empty just before I go but I probably won't wear a nappy.

I'm more concerned about what might happen if I was hospitalised for some reason.  I'm not sure if I'll accidentally wet the bed or just (and possibly just as awkwardly), have to pee 5 times per night.

• Like 1

I'll be in a nappy whenever I visit the doctor or a hospital now.  When it comes up I'll tell the truth, or rather some of it, and I'm sure it will come up eventually.  What I'm planning to say is that I need to wear them all the time, as I've little control over my bladder these days.  If it's a planned trip, I'll probably be in a Tena pullup for the occasion.  If it's unplanned I'll probably be in a cloth nappy as usual.  I'll just roll with it anyway!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, oznl said:

I've been dodging this bullet for 18 months now.  I have a routine visit I need to organise for an expiring prescription in the next week or two.  I'll probably be ok but urgency can come on quick these days.  I won't be disappointed if it turns into a tele-consult because of COVID-19.  If it doesn't, I'll make sure I'm empty just before I go but I probably won't wear a nappy.

I'm more concerned about what might happen if I was hospitalised for some reason.  I'm not sure if I'll accidentally wet the bed or just (and possibly just as awkwardly), have to pee 5 times per night.

Never worry about the possibility of being hospitalized for any sudden reason. Everyone that works in a hospital setting are very accustomed to seeing and dealing with patients that wear diapers. They never question or second guess, they just continue on and accept a diaper for what it is, never wondering why a person is wearing a diaper:03_EmoticonsHDcom:

Edited by SrDiapCaged
Grammar