LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Protective Barrier Creams or Ointments Do you Regularly Use?

What particular creams, ointments or powders do you use to protect your skin from breakdown or rash?  I wonder what people regularly do when they wear diapers 24/7 or overnight to help keep their skin in good condition and prevent rash.  For example, some people wear diapers to bed every night and some are already wet before they even get into bed.  That can mean 8 hours in a wet diaper against your skin.  Do you just go without any barrier creams, or do you use baby ointment, baby oil, petroleum jelly, Monkey Butt Paste or a diaper rash cream to help protect your skin from overnight or constant diaper wearing?

If so, what do you prefer and why?  Is baby oil better than baby lotion?  Is a thicker paste better than a cream?  Do you use diaper rash cream or ointment as a barrier even if you don't have diaper rash?  Do you use a cream, oil or lotion and then after do you sprinkle baby powder over it?  if you use anything, do you reapply it each time you change your diaper if your just wet?  I'm wondering if whatever people use lasts for more than one diaper change and protects your skin well enough that you don't really have to use a wipe on your diaper area or reapply the cream if your just changing a wet diaper.  I know some creams and ointments I've used like vasoline and Desitin diaper rash cream are so protective it's even hard to wash them all off with lots of hot water, soap and a heavy wash cloth.  I'd like your feedback and what you do and use. 

• Like 1

I use Walgreens Well Beginnings baby powder at every diaper change and Desitin diaper rash cream, as needed, both the blue and white colored tubes.  Mostly the baby powder is all I need.  My skin is pretty tough.  A warm washcloth is all I ever use for cleaning.

• Like 1

My skin doesn't break out easily, so I'm lucky.  I use Sudocrem up my crack all the time, to avoid soreness - I started doing that before I was wearing, as I was always getting sore there.  Probably to do with the amount of running I used to do.  Anyway, I can put a bit more on now I'm wearing all day.  And BodyGlide to prevent chafing, at the top of my thighs.  Not sure Sudocrem is known in the US, but it's zinc oxide cream with a few extras, sold for babies.

I wear 24/7 and even with my sensitive skin I do not have to use diaper rash cream that often. I do not use baby powder as it can cause problems for me. If I am on antibiotics, then I will use diaper rash cream and lotrimin as the antibiotics cause me to get a diaper rash. 

Johnsonb's baby lotion followed by Johnson's baby powder. Also I have a stay dry wetproof liner under my diaper that keeps the wetness away from about 90% of my little body

I never get rashes and normally use Vaseline kelly or northshore barrier cream which is awesome because it contains plenty of vitamins. I’ve stayed in destroyed diapers for hours and never gotten a rash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like Nivea Baby rash cream and use it almost exclusively. It smells nice, it's very viscous so it doesn't smear off easily (14 hours and many peeings later, it still forms a good barrier betweem my skin and the diaper) and I can buy it in almost any supermarket if I run out.

Right, I'm in Europe (Czech republic to be specific), and I guess that is to be expected that cosmetic producs of US based brands will be more readily available across US than those from EU based brands.

Edit: nope, not on (American) Amazon either, and I thought I saw it there..

I use remedy restore products ,calmoseptìne ,or straight Zinc oxide(no petroleum) each is reapplied everytime my diaper is changed ,on the rare occasion i should get an actual rash I do have A&D ,Balmex,Aquaphor , Desitin creamy, Burt's Bees tubs laying around .I prefer a good barrier cream to a rash product ,typically when I am washed during a change the product is removed the area allowed to dry ,product reapplied otherwise you are just sealing wetness against your skin ,I must be doing something right as I am changed about 8 X's a day ,4 wet & 4 soiled( due to medication ,positioning and harness ,stools are very soft and limited places to expand,every movement coats my genital area thickly ,so thorough cleaning ,re applying barrier cream protection and agressive diapering are elements to prevent harm to skin especially during overnight ,overnight and early morning incontinence is much more concentrated than during the day .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk