LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Northshorecare MegaMax

The newest iteration of the mega max left me with constant leaks, north shore sent me several samples to sort it all out.

the large white was the worst ,the large blue seemed an improvement , I though that maybe I could fit into a smaller size and asked for samples of the mediums. Since they have arrived I’ve tried the medium white , it’s smaller ,it fits better and it doesn’t leak.

however, if it wasn’t for the large tabs, I would have to have help every time I had to change., then again if I hadn’t broken 3 dozen bones in my life then I would probably have the flexibility I needed to remain independent .

i will try the medium blue mega max soon , the medium white will at least return things back close to normal.

thanks again north shore for going above and beyond.

Thanks again for everyones patience on this process. MegaMax was our first attempt to test Chinese manufacturing and we learned our lesson. The company I've hired in China to babysit the factory going forward is very well respected and is meeting with the owner of the factory on a regular basis and able to talk in his local language which is key. We are assured they will be back to the same style as what Idzy calls Gen2. There will be a little extra SAP polymers added in key locations to attempt to improve wicking even better. Additionally, we are trying to get the factory to make the leak guards stand up more at the front and back then before. They are testing this change now before the production run. It's a balance as with the extreme weight this diaper holds, we don't want the leak guards to pull off so they weld them down quite a lot which reduces the amount they stand up. I think we'll be able to improve it, just can't guarantee it will all be tested and agreed by the next run in January.

• Like 4

Sizing:  I wear 34" waste pants.  The Medium Blue MegaMax were quite large on me, but yet functional.  NorthShoreAdam was kind enough to send me a sample of Small.  They fit me better.  I compared the MegaMax Small to the Supreme Medium and found them to be comparable, if not almost exactly equal.  Just passing this on for those interested in ordering.  

• Like 2
On 12/16/2019 at 1:06 PM, NorthShoreAdam said:

..... We are assured they will be back to the same style as what Idzy calls Gen2. There will be a little extra SAP polymers added in key locations to attempt to improve wicking even better. Additionally, we are trying to get the factory to make the leak guards stand up more at the front and back then before.

Thanks for all the work you guys are putting into this. The leak guards seems like a good idea because the old ones were not that strong. But please be careful not to change this diaper too much, even if they are improvements. Sometimes changing what seems like a good idea can also effect how they once looked, or felt. People bought these because they liked them (how they were). I loved the way these felt bulky in the lower part between my legs when I walked. I also loved how they looked in the mirror. Please be careful not to change them.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, crawling-in-diapers said:

Thanks for all the work you guys are putting into this. The leak guards seems like a good idea because the old ones were not that strong. But please be careful not to change this diaper too much, even if they are improvements. Sometimes changing what seems like a good idea can also effect how they once looked, or felt. People bought these because they liked them (how they were). I loved the way these felt bulky in the lower part between my legs when I walked. I also loved how they looked in the mirror. Please be careful not to change them.

Agreed. We decided not to change the leak guards this time, but just to test a few different variations on the leak guards at the end of the production run to really test the new designs and see if they will hold up and perform better. Merry X-mas to all!

1 hour ago, Voksenbleie.Komfort@gmail.com said:

NothShore Adam, please help me remember. Which style (or colors) and or sizes of MegaMax were NOT effected at all by the temporary manufacturing ‘mess’-up aka Shanghai Express?

XL of both colors were not affected.

2 hours ago, Voksenbleie.Komfort@gmail.com said:

I hear there’s a blue MegaMax and that it too was not effected. Is this accurate?

The blue MegaMax in sizes Small, Medium and Large are a little different than original MegaMax, but the feedback on them is generally very positive. There was one batch of white made in May 2019 which most of the complaints were from. We're almost through with them and then white will be the same as blue until both go back to old design completely in April timeframe.

Hello NorthShore Adam. Thank you for patiently explaining to me ... again. I know it is hard work. But your transparency during these unexpected production event and the correction you are directing, give us much more reason to feel confidence in your word and in your product. Ironically, I think that when everything become back on line according to your standards of high quality, customer loyalty will come out as even stronger than before problem occurred.

• Like 1

I’ve been trying the mega max diapers a few times lately and have leaked a couple of times.

Im using them for overnight so this has been a bit of a disappointment 

The supremes are much better against leaks and I will just stay with them for overnight diapers.

I don’t need diapers during the day unless I choose them so the mega max may work for me during the day 

• 1 month later...

Hello NorthShoreAdam

Regarding the case of the original all-white diapers that was sent to Julia back in October 2019 batch HY20 186 10

So April 2020 is when we should expect the original white Maga Max back? I'm hoping the all white diapers will not be modified in anyway. That means, NO wetness indicators, NO valcro on the front. Many people use their own tape btw. Again, please do not modify the original MegaMax (that you are bring back)  in anyway or shape. I loved the way the diaper looked as well as how it felt. We want the old diapers as they were. Thanks

I recently decided to go from the Dry 24/7 to the Mega Max.  The MM seems to not wick and hold as much or as quickly.  Last night I woke up to get a drink and started wetting into my somewhat wet diaper while standing at the fridge, and a few seconds later had pee running down my leg.  This has happened before.  I may have to try the 24/7 again for comparison,  

I used to wear the Secure Personal Care diapers, and sure miss those.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/6/2020 at 9:33 PM, crawling-in-diapers said:

So April 2020 is when we should expect the original white Maga Max back? I'm hoping the all white diapers will not be modified in anyway. That means, NO wetness indicators, NO valcro on the front. Many people use their own tape btw. Again, please do not modify the original MegaMax (that you are bring back)  in anyway or shape. I loved the way the diaper looked as well as how it felt. We want the old diapers as they were. Thanks

Hey Crawling-in-diapers, I wouldn't hold your breath for an exact date (and that unfortunate corona-virus outbreak won't help matters). This seems to have been a really complicated problem, and aside from North Shore writing off a whole bunch of inventory, it just has to move through the supply chain. 

What would be really nice is a confirmation somewhere of which batch numbers are the "new (well, phoenix'ed old ones)" just so we're sure what we're getting. This would be a terrible position to be in as a business for North Shore Care, as some people place a lot of emphasis on receiving a product with properties which adhere as closely as possible to the original design.

Equally, to all those eager ABDLs out there, salivating over the prospect of getting their hands on something resembling the "original" MegaMax, to be fair to North Shore Care, they are a mainstream supplier, who don't just serve the ABDL community (despite doing a better job of it than most dedicated ABDL brands), so this probably won't be their top priority, compared with ensuring supply of all their other products.

Some of us have been awaiting the return of the original Mega Max (the worlds greatest adult diaper) with bated breath for almost 6 months, and rather than have a lot of chaotic and disappointed posts from impatient people who order on April 1 (oh, the irony) and then proceeding to complain that "these aren't any better than the previous ones". Lets think logically... It's likely that North Shore can't afford to simply write off tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of inventory which for a lot of people serve their needs just fine, it'd be good to have some sort of obvious designation mark (even if it's not public / obvious to the broader North Shore customer base), giving a positive indication that these are in fact the "New (or old style)" products.

I'm suggesting a few simple means that may help those for whom it's of vital importance to "know" that they're receiving products produced using the remedied fabrication process.

1. Maybe they could provide a coupon code that means "only send the new ones, and back-order if you can't".
  2. Alternatively a new part number (I'm just brainstorming here) as I'd imagine there would be a whole lot of pent up demand in the ABDL community for the return of the "holy grail" of diapers.
  3. Perhaps, they could publish the batch code(s) of the new products discretely on here (or just add a magic marker, like a special symbol or something to the batch code) to avoid confusion.
  4. Maybe they should impose some purchasing limits to stop people (especially people like me) from overstocking, so everyone gets a fair share.

The original Mega Max was such a great product, the North Shore team brought to market a diaper that so many people were genuinely satisfied and content with that they need no improvements or changes. We loved them just the way they were.

But alas, they have become Unicorns now. Fabled products from (what I'll now call) Long Ago. Maybe you've seen or used one, maybe you've just heard of them.

Oh and once confirmed that these are in-fact equivalent to, or better than the previous second iteration, put me down for 10 cases (... yeah, about suggestion number 4). :P

Cheers (and looking forward to their return, and special thanks for all the effort that the North Shore team have put in to both informing us in an honest and transparent manner, as well as doing everything they can to bring satisfaction to their customers, and a smile to their face),

Idzy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

One thing I’ve noticed about the white mega max , I’ve always used the large until the changes were made to them.

”perfect diaper I thought”

I tried downsizing to the medium blue, a little trickier to fasten, but fits  well enough to stop the leakage issues I was having.

hopefully when the old version of the white returns I’ll have the same results with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I've never had a problem with leaks in this diaper unless I was pushing the limit and even when I thought I was at the limit it would barely leak as a result of press out(sitting). I'm comfortable wearing this in public or to work due to the low crinkle noise tapes that feel welded on, and initially slim fit. I typically wear a large but the sizing is similar to a dry24 so I wear a medium and I feel like I could do a photo shoot because they look so good. Nothing else compares and I've not seen the issues in quality. I can only recommend northshore ventures out to explore different kinds of diapers. Maybe take a stab at ABDL or, next gen stretchy hook and loop tape diapers with capacity comparable to the megamax, or what I've been asking every manufacturer to do which is a premium 4500ml or higher pullup. It should look like a tape up that you pull up and handle full incontinence. Basically an air supreme that you pull up. Some color would be nice on that too. Maybe some patterns 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I recently saw a review of these types of diapers and... I don't think its even worth me trying them. Maybe I'm just stuck with what I know but when one has spent effectively 32 or so years trying to find something that worked as well as Huggies, with the same constant wet feeling and visibly wet presence in between my legs forcing me to be accountable for my actions, I'm unlikely to change.  Well I need to, or else this diaper will eventually leak, but you also know what I mean :) -- I've just made too many mistakes with diaper purchases to try something I don't know when I'm a totally content little baby as I am. Maybe if the earth starts spinning in the opposite direction, or these are out of stock.  But budget is also a biggie for me and when I've found perfection for the cheapest price...

dlsafrica, the north shore mega max is probably the best available right now, my opinion.

what are you using that has that Huggies like quality?

My experience with the mega max has been pretty good, so they had a glitch with them and they fixed it. And then they made it right to all that had an issue with it. They even offered to replace the case I had an issue with. I guess what I am saying, if they are available in your area that they might be worth a look. They are a good company to deal with, not easy to find.

• Like 2

@Idzy

The batch number from my last pack of the old style from over a year ago was HY20 186 10.

They sent me an email about a month ago saying the (old style) would be back around April. I know the corona is not helping. But I did send them my last, and only pack of the original MegaMax batch HY20 186 10 for their CEO to being to China. They have told me that this meeting did happen and that they are coming back. But you're right Idzy, this corona thing might have complicated things. But if people keep asking for them and are willing to find the money, that's what they want to hear - especially after business has been down lately.

The new MegaMax suck. I don't know why people are glorifying them in the reviews. The old ones I'm trying to get back for us were thicker and better quality. The store even tested and confirmed this. Please people, back me up. Lets not make the new norm the status quo. If these company's keep changing great diapers, I'm going to give up on this AB/DL thing all together.

Another thing, I don't like how almost every review on their site now for these new MegaMax diapers are 5 stars. Northshore was always an honest company with honest reviews. This is how Rearz use to be also, but then they started the BS of every review being great and no negatives. It's not honest, and I know that because there were a multitude of unhappy people about the change to the MegaMax. So how could all the reviews be positive. I will not spend a dime of my money till I see the quality come back. On a side note: I haven't bought anything from Rearz in over 5 years because they pulled the same thing. And I had many other issues with Rearz when they sold out and went all corporate. The manager was an A-hole. Long story I won't get into.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 4/28/2020 at 11:01 PM, crawling-in-diapers said:

@Idzy

The batch number from my last pack of the old style from over a year ago was HY20 186 10.

They sent me an email about a month ago saying the (old style) would be back around April. I know the corona is not helping. But I did send them my last, and only pack of the original MegaMax batch HY20 186 10 for their CEO to being to China. They have told me that this meeting did happen and that they are coming back. But you're right Idzy, this corona thing might have complicated things. But if people keep asking for them and are willing to find the money, that's what they want to hear - especially after business has been down lately.

The new MegaMax suck. I don't know why people are glorifying them in the reviews. The old ones I'm trying to get back for us were thicker and better quality. The store even tested and confirmed this. Please people, back me up. Lets not make the new norm the status quo. If these company's keep changing great diapers, I'm going to give up on this AB/DL thing all together.

Another thing, I don't like how almost every review on their site now for these new MegaMax diapers are 5 stars. Northshore was always an honest company with honest reviews. This is how Rearz use to be also, but then they started the BS of every review being great and no negatives. It's not honest, and I know that because there were a multitude of unhappy people about the change to the MegaMax. So how could all the reviews be positive. I will not spend a dime of my money till I see the quality come back. On a side note: I haven't bought anything from Rearz in over 5 years because they pulled the same thing. And I had many other issues with Rearz when they sold out and went all corporate. The manager was an A-hole. Long story I won't get into.

Sorry about the delays with the new MegaMax. Definitely due to covid delays in China. We're long out of the May/June 2019 batch that had all the complaints. The Fall 2019 batch was much improved and we rarely get any complaints about it. Nothing getting filtered out by us from the reviews on the site. That's all run by a 3rd party company.

The good news is that we did get a small quantity of the new 2020 batch in stock and some did ship already. Some people did already get the 2020 versions and I'd love to hear any feedback.

Since you helped us figure out the issues with the May 2019 batch, please message me your info again and I'll return the favor. Still haven't unpacked all my files yet from our move in the middle of the lockdown chaos. Spending all my time on keeping the warehouse team safe so we can keep shipping without interruption.

For those not keeping up with all the versions, the 2020 version now returns us to the original cut/sizing/quality of the original MegaMax from 2018, but with the lighter logos and an added boost of absorbency because...why not! We'll have both white and blue fully available in 2020 versions soon. (weeks, not months). All these version changes do not apply to size XL...they have remained constant, just S, M and L.

Again, I'd really like to apologize for all the growing pains we experienced with MegaMax in 2019. It grew so fast so quickly that the factory had to make some changes to keep up and they didn't realize it would affect the performance so they didn't tell us about them@!?@!?@?!@? The good news, is that so many great customers went out of their way to help us figure it all out in such great detail that we were able to convince the factory to return to the original design and worked out a plan to make sure everything will remain the same going forward, including hiring our own quality control team to be stationed at the factory during every production run to ensure our specs are spot on each time.

There's still supply shortages in China for raw materials due to covid production of masks and gowns so we will likely need to wait a little longer to add a 3rd color to MegaMax. But we still hope to have it launched in 2020 if at all possible.

Be well--Adam

P.S. Look at the dates to check your bags. The lot numbers look like dates, but are using a different code system that doesn't correlate with months the way you would think.

• Like 4

I know I've said this before, but it bears repeating. I appreciate how communicative and transparent Northshore is, and how they respond to customer feedback. As a customer, that builds my trust. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1