• Italian
    • Swiss-Italian
    • German
    • Swiss-German
    • Russian
    • Chinese
    • Korean
    • Other

Any watch enthusiasts or casual wearers here?

I've been wearing watches as a kid and until my early teenage years, then after a long break, I recently decided to treat myself a bit and bought me a $700 Swiss-made Traser H3

Edited by DiapersOfTheStorm

Nope, never have.

I have my phone for the time, or failing that there is always a clock or something displaying the time somewhere nearby!

Edit: I tried voting in the poll but it didn't seem to register properly :unsure:

Edited by Elfking
  • Like 1

Mine is a Soveit Military: Submarine officer's watch. I got it 23 years ago, have not done a lick of maintenance work or anything and it still works fine

Mine is nothing fancy, just a regular, digital watch. People may call me crazy in this age of technology wearing a wristwatch that's not a smartwatch, but even though I have a Ipod Touch & my Smart phone that could both tell me what time it is, I still need my wristwatch. Call me crazy, but believe it or not, I feel naked & lost without my wristwatch on. I only take it off when bathing/if I have a skin irritation. I like not having to pull out my phone/ipod just to see what time it is, just look down at my wrist & know.

Rockies Fan.

Mine is nothing fancy, just a regular, digital watch. People may call me crazy in this age of technology wearing a wristwatch that's not a smartwatch, but even though I have a Ipod Touch & my Smart phone that could both tell me what time it is, I still need my wristwatch. Call me crazy, but believe it or not, I feel naked & lost without my wristwatch on. I only take it off when bathing/if I have a skin irritation. I like not having to pull out my phone/ipod just to see what time it is, just look down at my wrist & know.

Rockies Fan.

Totally get that, I was on the "a smart watch, who needs that?" bandwagon, and still would be if it weren't for my recent efforts to get more fit. Bought the Apple Watch as it tracks heartrate, steps and other data automatically and I like having that motivation.

• Like 1

I have a couple watches, but I don't really wear them anymore simply because I've broken a few on the job. I like basic watches, I don't need high tech fancy ones. My favorite though is my one that has a ouijia board face on it ^_^

I always wear a watch. I need a tough one as it goes with me to difficult conditions, dirt, water, oil, solvents, etc. Funny thing is I always know what time it is without looking at it. It's more for verification. Timex digital water resistant, takes a licking keeps on ticking.

Same here, I haven't worn a watch since I've had a mobile phone (they aren't cellular any more). Even when I don't have it on hand there's bound to be one in my home, in the car, at my work, or even various spots in public. There really isn't a need for another one on your arm all of the time.

• 3 weeks later...

I still have a French Quartz watch which has a dial that rotates showing the sun and moon, my kids used to love watching the moon and stars coming up, I've had it for over twenty five years. I also an old pocket watch, nothing expensive but I used to set it on my desk for each of my degree modules as my lucky charm, I guess it worked

I have 4 watches and feel naked without them. A Seiko Black chrome chronograph, a Citizen Eco drive Chrono in silver with gold trim, A Citizen Perpetual Chrono titanium. I just kinda like to coordinate with what I am wearing. My last watch is really one of my favorites, it a Vintage Casio wrist remote controller watch I received as a gift. It's great fun to go to bars and restaurants and change the channels on their tv's or turn up the volume, I've been known to shut them off too during a exciting sports finale (Soooooo Naughty!!) . It's also good to have on as you never have to look for your remote for the TV at the house.

I wear watches less these days and when I do it tends to just be my FitBit Surge.

I have a variety of watches including one with Nixie tubes (mostly a curiosity it's too big and low functioning to be really useful), but several with interesting actions.
I've got a few watches with analog hands that are driven by software and can switch between timezones, and be switched into stopwatch mode, etc..

I have 4 watches and feel naked without them. A Seiko Black chrome chronograph, a Citizen Eco drive Chrono in silver with gold trim, A Citizen Perpetual Chrono titanium. I just kinda like to coordinate with what I am wearing. My last watch is really one of my favorites, it a Vintage Casio wrist remote controller watch I received as a gift. It's great fun to go to bars and restaurants and change the channels on their tv's or turn up the volume, I've been known to shut them off too during a exciting sports finale (Soooooo Naughty!!) . It's also good to have on as you never have to look for your remote for the TV at the house.

Ok, I might like that last one too. Nothing better than turning a tv off.....

What happened to "blowing the seeds off a Dandelion head", to tell the time?

What??? How does the prevailing winds at a give point in time have anything to do with the actual time of day???? Exactly how "accurate" is this method supposed to be any ways?