LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

It Is The End Of The World!

The unions have destroyed yet another company. I hope they are happier with no job and no future employment potential as a result.

Same old story though fillemup. Cut the wages from the actual workers and increase the pay of the CEO's and other uppy ups substantially. They cry poor and claim they're losing money....but if that is the case, why then can they afford to give their executives big bonuses?

If a company is losing money then everyone should have to bear the brunt....not just the 'lowly' production workers.

as an australian, just thinking of products called twinkies ding-dongs and ho hos makes me want to cringe (or die laughing). And a competitor called Bimbo Bakeries????

DOn't worry, I was in the local Target (its like a walmart type store, with soemthing of everything) here in the USA and guess what they are selling now? TIMTAMS!!!! they have chocolate chocolate and carmel! I thought I had died and gone to heaven, before yesterday I was having to have a friend ship them to me from down under! Now i can do the tim tam slam allll i want!

DOn't worry, I was in the local Target (its like a walmart type store, with soemthing of everything) here in the USA and guess what they are selling now? TIMTAMS!!!! they have chocolate chocolate and carmel! I thought I had died and gone to heaven, before yesterday I was having to have a friend ship them to me from down under! Now i can do the tim tam slam allll i want!

Same old story though fillemup. Cut the wages from the actual workers and increase the pay of the CEO's and other uppy ups substantially. They cry poor and claim they're losing money....but if that is the case, why then can they afford to give their executives big bonuses?

If a company is losing money then everyone should have to bear the brunt....not just the 'lowly' production workers.

After looking at this issue, the labor unions did indeed cause the problem, This was not about wages. This was about unreasonable demands. Hostess and Wonderbread products could not be loaded on the same delivery truck. The union contract required seperate trucks in order to facilitate more union driving jobs. I have seen this type of nonsense many times mostly with IBEW. After seeing these union hacks in action, I have no sympathy for unemployed union workers.

• Like 1

I'm a Union member and must say that without our union, I'd have no health insurance or a pension plan. SOME unions might put unreasonable demands on an employer, but in most cases, it is the CEOs and upper management that are taking advantage of the funds--NOT the rank-and-file workers that make and deliver the products that actually bring in the money. Companies have to treat their hard-working employees right. Since they don't, then we need unions.

Hostess Is gone! No more Twinkies or Ho Hos!

The company is going out of business!

http://www.chicagotr...0,3175964.story

Sadly, this isn't the beginning and we are far from the end. you are going to see more and more of this, including layoffs etc. Unions arm twisting and extortion tactics to get more from companies, cities, municipalities, counties and states are VERY destructive. i know there are a lot of people here who think otherwise and wont look at whats going on, but union shave become so destructive and parasitic it isn't funny. They are taking down companies with their incessant demands for more benifits and higher wages and companies and anyone else having to deal with it are just not able to do it anymore. Something has to give and this crap has to stop. One of many things that people don't bother thinking about is that unions don't know how to run companies, they didn't create th company or city etc, but they suck on it and drain everything out that they can, and it will kill this country. They claim as above that the worker (who actually is doing something...HA!!) should be compensated along the same lines as the upper management, and I don't follow this simplistic thinking. How is it that say an assembly line worker or driver should be making $50,000 or $80,000 or more a year, just because they are there...? and they want higher pay for bringing no more to the table. many people in unions barely have a high school education, but want to be paid a CEO's wages...? D they have an MBA?? have they worked the at the corporate level ?? do they have added training or education that adds 'VALUE' to them and makes them a more valuable employee?? what is the company paying for?? someone to do the same job the same way they did last year....but they get more money...:huh: and peopel wonder why this happened with Hostess, just like it happened with general Motors and Chrysler....and it will happen again. Obama gave 20% ownership in General motors to the UAW, and you can sit and watch that company keep going back to the Government for more money and loans etc, because they have to keep paying into the Union pention and keep paying people (retired etc) not to work...makes loads of sense to me :screwy: How about this, asking people to 'opt out' of the union,and get higher pay IN EXCHANGE FOR mandatory attendance in Business and financial planning classes in order to teach and educate workers to do more and better with the funds they receive, and in turn they also become financially independent (instead of dependent on the pension fund that the union dishes out....once they are done spending millions of political activity, money that more then likely they don't have the members PERMISSION to spend! :badmood: I have a cousin who is a retired teacher and she got a notice from her Union that they wouldn't be able to pay her as much as they originally projected :o I almost went through the roof! She needs to go to the %$##@!@! union and demand a total cash payout of EVERYTHING that is due her after 30+ years of work. But I doubt that she can or is 'allowed to' or she would have to pay and percentage of penalty for early withdrawal....BULL SH*T! tis is what these organizations do....and who looses?? Everyone! I work with another guy who got laid off years ago, and was a Union heavy equipment operator. he STILL has to pay his dues regardless, and he's working a minimum wage job right now and cant pay, and they also have penalties for not paying!....all the while the desk jockies and admin running the union get their 40+ hours a week, and still have jobs and paychecks, regardless of whats happening under them, IE the 'poor little workers" they are supposed to be 'protecting' can't put food on the table because they have to find other work and still pay their stupid dues....man, now who's screwing who??? I asked him about this and all he could say was "yeah" in a sad voice. They scare people and intimidate people to do what they want and pay up, and keep their mouth shut....and he's scared. He said he has to go in and ask if they can waive the penalties since he hadn't found a decent job in 6 years....I didn't ask what the answer was, but I have a good idea of what they told him. As I said, this kind of thing is going to continue and keep going until someone speaks up and does something about it. All I know is that when that day happens there will be blood in the streets, on both sides. Just like Greece and Spain...it won't be pretty, but the leaching and bleeding of this countries industries and resources has to stop. So long hostess....it was 'sweet' as for the unemployed from the company, go talk to your Union rep who was supposed to be looking out for your best interest, and have him buy you dinner for your family while you still have to pay your stupid dues with out a job or other income, sice you were never educated on how to save and invest for the bad days, the bad days are here and they are just going to get worse.....good luck with that, you deserve it!

They claim as above that the worker (who actually is doing something...HA!!) should be compensated along the same lines as the upper management, and I don't follow this simplistic thinking. How is it that say an assembly line worker or driver should be making $50,000 or $80,000 or more a year, just because they are there...? and they want higher pay for bringing no more to the table. many people in unions barely have a high school education, but want to be paid a CEO's wages...? D they have an MBA?? have they worked the at the corporate level ?? do they have added training or education that adds 'VALUE' to them and makes them a more valuable employee?? what is the company paying for?? someone to do the same job the same way they did last year....but they get more money... :huh:

Seriously Ducky? The bakers and employees at Hostess are asking for executive salaries? Here's a sampling of executive salaries just for comparison:

ConocoPhillips Chief Executive Jim Mulva received about $17.9 million in total compensation in 2010, a 25% increase from the previous year.

John Krenicki is giving up his GE paycheck. But the departing vice chairman is going to collect an allowance of $89,000 a month as part of a deal to keep him from joining a rival for three years.

Borders Group is seeking bankruptcy court approval to hand out more than $8 million in executive bonuses, including nearly $1.7 million to President Mike Edwards.

Occidental's CEO was paid $76.1 million last year, more than double his haul the previous year, but new policies at the oil company will make it harder for top executives there to earn as much in the future.

This is what a Ford F150 with a 302 V8 and factory air cost in 1980 $5,782

This is what a Ford F150 with a 302 V8 and factory air cost in 1990 $11,211

This is what a new F150 with a 302 V8 (5 litre) and factory air 2012 model Fair Purchase Price $24,574

I made about $29,000 a year working a union shop in the early 80's with overtime. I make around $31,000 now with a lot of overtime

Could you please explain to me how the greedy workers are to blame for all the country's problems while all the selfless executives just aren't getting their fair share because I'm just not understanding it.

Hugs,

Freta

There are problems on both sides. I read an article that said a low-level production worker at Hostess was making over $35K to do a job that a trained monkey could do just about as well. That same job in my area pays what it is really worth- about $28K. And that Hostess worker mentioned in the article was crying that they were making about $45K five years ago when the Union made then take that $10K pay cut. Are CEO's overpaid? The vast majority are and grossly so :bash:But so are most Union workers, just not to the same degree :o Most businesses (including mine) have gone downhill in the last 20 years. In mine that includes the CEO's wages, but not all businesses are like this. It is unrealistic to expect to make the same money you made in better times- the profit is not there for that to happen anymore.

Hostess was faced with declining sales and that is the real reason for their closing. They had already closed many plants, keeping the most profitable ones going in order to try to stay alive. This was a good business decision even though some workers lost their jobs. When the business was still not going to stay alive without closing even more plants they decided it was no longer worth the effort to keep the doors open. At some point everyone will cut their losses and seek something better including workers. Or they will do as I am doing- struggling to survive in hopes that the business will get better soon.

Why does that Ford truck cost $24K today? Part is inflation- compared to 1975 your dollar is worth about half of what it was then :crybaby: Part is the overpaid and less-than-competent management and it's wasteful structure. And part is that the people assembling them make $50+ an hour, some as much as $78 an hour, a wage not even made by the top workers at the local BMW plant near here :screwy:

And here I am, working a far more dangerous job with no benefits whatsoever and living below what is considered to current poverty level (well below it!) so when union workers whine I do not listen- they do not know just how good they have it. When I see people who produce nothing like CEO's making zillions I am aghast that any company could be so stupid as to pay them this much. In toto, what I see is a general stupidity that has taken over my country with nobody giving a damn about anything but themselves anymore. That greed is what killed Hostess and that same cancer will take us all in the end.

Bettypooh

in many states .... the majority of state employees are in a union... the majority of state employees have higher education diplomas. I am in a union.. if i did not join the union i would have to pay 'non union' dues..... and if i did not join the union i would lost certain paid holidays and other benefits such as getting paid when the weather was bad and the office was closed.... or getting overtime... many non union employees did not get overtime....

on the other side, those who are not in the union are all upper management, so the union helps keep those who want to cut our pay, cut our benefits and cut our hours in check so instead of mandatory furloughs and a mandatory pay cut, we only got a pay cut.... of course I don't like having a paycut, but its better than furloughs and a second pay cut! and the union makes sure I get overtime over those in upper management, as they are the ones who know overtime is available first, and could otherwise take it all for themselves, and the rest of us not get any.

All unions have their good and bad sides, however, in the hostess situation, CEOs were getting 100-300% pay increases, while they blamed the union workers 'unreasonable' demands (most of these people don't even make $20 an hour) as the reason for bankruptcy... CEOs were giving each other bonuses while union workers were struggling to support their families.... but oh yes.. its totally those union workers fault the company went under, with their demands for better health insurance, working conditions and a bit more pay....

The thing is - the only people who are hurting by hostess going bankrupt are the union workers. The CEOs, the high up management, they all MADE money on this thing.....

as an australian, just thinking of products called twinkies ding-dongs and ho hos makes me want to cringe (or die laughing). And a competitor called Bimbo Bakeries????

I agree with you 100%. Whoever thought of these product names was drunk or a pervert. LOL

I mean, seriously..... who can keep a straight face when they are ordering their food stock for their store. "Yea I need 2 pallets of ding dongs and a pallet of ho-hos" :drive1:

Thanks Sarah, because of your post I actually noticed the Tim Tams with chocolate chocolate and caramel in the store while I was shopping last night and bought some. They're awesome :)

You people disgust me. I think the reason Hostess is going out of business is because twinkies are disgusting and no one buys them, duh. I have never actually seen anyone eating them in a very long time, so no big loss. I am amazed by all the hype. Probably the only reason they made it this far is because they had contracts with all the K-12 schools, but recent activism has lead schools to try dropping junk food from their cafeterias.

Seriously, all that crap about the unions taking too much (yes, plumbers and electricians take way too much) and wages being too high for certain jobs (hazard pay for garbage disposal, seriously) happens everywhere to some degree. I would not take shots at all unions, because it depends on the union. Also, as companies age, they tend to become more top heavy. It is a problem many, if not all, companies face. I am quite certain the reason Hostess is going out of business is because no one buys their product. That is the way it works. Stop freaking out. Enough said.

Oh, and Bettypooh, perspective does matter.

Yes a living wage how dare they. They should have asked to be given 8.50 an hour with no health benefits. Then the top management could have still be gotten millions like they are getting for closing it down. The bonus they are getting for shutting it down makes me feel very bad.

Hostess sales are very good the mismanagement and misuse of the workers retirerment funds are what killed Hostess. Plus the close out deal upper management is getting is unreal.

• Like 1