LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sleeping In Diapers - A New Question

I know some people sleep in diapers all the time, some sleep in them now and then. There have been posts about how some can't fall asleep when wearing a diaper (I'm one of them) and how other people can't seem to sleep well when they are not wearing diapers. this is not about that.

This is for both the every night wearers and the occasional night time diaper wearers. What I'm curious to know, is when you wear diapers to bed, do you wet them in your sleep without knowing or waking up, or do you wake up and just wet your diapers and fall back to sleep? If you don't wear diapers to bed some nights, do you have an accident and wet the bed or do you just wake up normally when you have to pee? I'm interested if wearing the diapers to bed somehow makes you wet unconciously in your sleep and if you don't wear them, if you would have an accident or just wake up when you need to pee. All this not counting those who use hypnosis tapes to bedwet or wet unconciously. Just going about everyday life either wearing to bed or not.

I never have accidents when I'm wearing. The worst it ever gets is if I'm holding it in for too long and I just kind of give up and slowly release my bladder into my diaper. In cases of me falling asleep, you hit the nail on the head. Most often I'll just wake up and use my diaper and fall back asleep. It certainly makes things easier :)

I wear diapers every night and wet them in my sleep.

if I wake up during night I'll change my diaper and go back to bed.

it takes a little while to get used to sleeping in diapers, but after a while you would be afraid to sleep with out wearing a diaper.

:baby_sleeping:

I could never go to bed without wearing a diaper and rubber pants . I occationally wake up dry but that is rare. I wet almost every night,always in my sleep. I'm 44 and have never stopped wetting the bed .

When I do wear diapers to bed, I never wet them while asleep. If I wake up and have to go, I usually manage to do it in the diaper, then go back to sleep. Most of the time, I'll wake up, realize I have to pee, realize I'm in a diaper, then forget all about it and go right back to sleep.

I wear diapers 24/7 and if I went to bed without a diaper I would soak the bed. I am a heavy bedwetter and wet in my sleep.

sometimes I will wake up and if my diapers are soaked I will change them and go back to sleep.

I usually wet in my sleep but there are times when I wake up and just as I am falling back to sleep I will wet.

I wear diapers almost every night when at home. I sleep through the night and wake up wet.

On nights when I don't wear diapers, I do wake up to pee.

I occasionally wet the bed. So I wear at night just out of precaution. If I wake up and I have to go to the bathroom but am still dry, I'll just wet the diaper then go back to sleep. In the mornings after a really good nights sleep I know right away if I've wet the bed because I don't need to pee and I got a really good sleep :P

Getting out of bed to go to the bathroom is a PITA...... :D

I only wet my nappy while awake when I wear them to bed. Love the feeling of waking up needing to go, letting go in my nappy then going back to sleep, but absolutely no problem with doing it involuntarily, whether wearing or not.

Guest woodyallen

I never wet if I'm not wearing, and if I go to bed dry, I wake up dry. However, if I go to bed slightly wet, I always end up wetting even more in my sleep. Never could figure that out.

When I wear occasionally it's always overnight. I've yet to wet without waking first but it's a great feeling just laying their and letting go into my M4 and then dozing off again straight after.

I always wake up to use the toilet when I'm not wearing.

I did have a weird dream the other night (I was nt wearing) in which I was asked to wet my nappy as an experiment but even in mid sleep I knew I was dreaming and did nt actually wet the bed, I got up and used the bathroom.

• Like 1

I don't wear often, but I do try to wear to bed when in the mood, as it comes and goes for me, but I still do my 'maintenance wearing' to keep this thing from becoming a H*U*G*E obsession and problem.

Anyways, when I do wear to bed, I usually wake up to pee and end up using the bathroom :blush: ( I know I know! :P ) but on that occasion that I don't, I wake up use the diaper and then go back to sleep. But sometimes I find it hard to sleep because I worry about leaking etc...IE trusting my diaper. It's just the way I am, unless I am so heavily padded that there is no way a leak can occur. I have a large capacity bladder and when I need to go...I G*O! so thats why I worry about leaks. But double diapering with cloth and plastic pants usually helps avoid leaking, and I can sleep again....and when I wake up, not needing to pee, I know that more than likely soaked :blush: although there have been times I was so heavily padded that no matter how much I pee I cant soak everything. Inner diaper of coarse is soaked but the outer one is 'maybe' damp... :thumbsup: No leaks and a good nights sleep and a great nights pee! :D

but this doesn't happen often, but when it does it's nice :)

Also, when I don't wear to bed I don't worry about wetting the bed, so it's not an issue as it is something I kind of have to work at. If I had my own place again, and own laundry facilities, I think I would wear a lot more at night, especially cloth, then it might be a little different. But for now thats the way it is because of my living situation. Someday it will change.. :glare:

• Like 1

I rarely pee in my sleep :rolleyes: I usually wake just enough to know I need to pee, realize I'm diapered, let it start flowing, then fall back asleep- sometimes before the flow stops B) I can't quite reach the pointy of peeing in my sleep, but I'm close enough to be happy and not mess up my rest :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

When I first started wearing nappies to bed I just could not get sleep, sometimes i'd get 20mins from sheer exhaustion, but then awake for another hour and so on all night. Stuck with it though and several months later I could sleep fine.

I try to wear as often as possible, and even after at least 10 years doing so I still don't wet while asleep. It's happened like 6 times in all those years - madness!

Might be to do with my being a bedwetter until around 16.. I had to put up with rubber bedsheets and it was such an awful thing waking up in a puddle most nights. Shame I couldn't gather the balls to buy nappies myself during that time.

Edit: Heh just saw my title.. Bedwetter.. as if!

Since I don't live alone, I can't really use the diaper I wear to bed. I just like the feel of a cloth diaper and waterproof pants. So I wear but don't use...with one exception. I own a house around the corner from where I actually live. My brother stays in that house (long, boring story that probably won't change). When I know he will be at work--such as Saturdays--I'll put on a fresh cloth diaper and waterproof pants early in the morning and go back to bed. I'll dribble a little, get up and eat breakfast, and then continue to wet until I get to my house where I can safely wash and stash the stuff. Then I'll put on fresh under-things and transport clean diapers and pants back to Mom's house...and the cycle continues. Disposable diapers would never work for me, and they don't feel babyish enough, either. But anyway, that's my story. And yes, I sleep great in just a diaper and waterproof pants.

Since I was 21 in 1985 I have not had any bladder control. In 1976, shortly after I reached puberty, I reverted to bedwetting. That was just annoying dribbles at first but kept getting increasingly serious.

According to my Mom and Granny Vi, I was day dry at 33 months (February 1966) and night dry at 33 months (May 1966). Unfortunately like Mom, Granny and my older sister, my bladder was tiny and over-active. By the time I was born Mom and Granny were totally urinary incontinent, which runs in my family.

So Granny and Mom raised all their daughters anticipating a gradual loss of bladder control starting at puberty, while they hoped we all would retain bladder control. In my family stacks of gauze Curity diapers were never hidden, nor were piles of Gerber vinyl panties in various sizes. Because of the over-active bladders during long car trips and special events Mom asked us to wear pinned gauze diapers "just in case."

Our beds always had effective waterproof sheets, especially when staying in motels. Growing up I do not remember being diapered for bed, even on trips. I do remember having my diaper changed at Renaissance Faire a few weeks before I turned 4.

The family tradition duing the pinned gauze diaper era was that none of us pinned on our own diapers until we reverted to bedwetting. By that time I had been routinely changing my younger sisters' diapers on trips and during their weekend naps. It only took Mom a couple of hours to teach me how to pin on my own diaper, but it took me several days to be relaxed enough wearing a diaper to bed that I could sleep soundly.

In August 1981 when I was 17 Mom and I found out that my university dorm did not have a coin laundry. My urology nurse suggested that I immediately start getting used to sleeping in Attends. Fortunately back then Attends were sold in stores, although near my home the Small I needed were only stocked by a medical supply store. I wasted a few Attends learning how to tape them on myself. Sure enough it took nearly two weeks before I could sleep well while wearing an Attends.

The strange thing is that in May 1991, when I had discreet access to a washing machine and a dryer, I slept very well in a gauze diaper the first night.

I always sleep in diapers and have since 2007. Sometimes, when I'm particularly tired, I'll discover that I wet them in my sleep. Usually, the need to pee will wake me, I'll use my diaper, and go back to sleep. I agree with Square Duck that trusting your diaper is a major part of getting past the unconscience blocks to wetting while asleep. I think that KNOWING your diapers will protect you at night can help a lot of people let go and use them, but will it be enough for you? It depends on how deeply ingrained your toilet training was and how easy your diaper training is.

I wear nappies to bed every night but do not wet in them. When I wake up and need to go I go to into the bathroom. My husband tells me to just use my nappy as that is what they are for but I just can't! Its probably just a mental block but i can't relax enough to just let go. I really want to but maybe I am trying too hard. Tbh it took me months and months to use my nappy during the daytime and even now I rarely use them for their intended purpose even though i wear 24/7....sad, aren't I? ;(

I don't wear at night because it squeezes my lower junk and causes some pain in them. Though I have recently discovered that I can pull the diaper forwarded some thereby giving them the much needed room. I also live a lie where I claim that need to wear at night so I can be a DL. I also don't wear at night as sometimes I've worn all day and just grow tired as they have become uncomfortable and/or hot. Somehow I am able to get up before the other person does and put one on and use as needed. Over the last couple years as I am holding it more and more, I am getting some stress incontinence. It only occurs when I'm my waist is under extreme movement, usually after a morning BM. The only place I get it is when I'm in my car leaning forward to handle the GPS or sometimes even getting in. My car is parked on a hill, so I'm not sure if that adds to the extremeness.

I have worn to bed a few times, I always start out dry and then during the night wakeup and let it flow and go back to sleep. I have only wet twice in my sleep and I was not wearing a diaper at the time. I must have a mental block stopping me from wetting in my sleep, even knowing that I'm wearing a diaper.

I don't wear often, but I do try to wear to bed when in the mood, as it comes and goes for me, but I still do my 'maintenance wearing' to keep this thing from becoming a H*U*G*E obsession and problem.

Anyways, when I do wear to bed, I usually wake up to pee and end up using the bathroom :blush: ( I know I know! :P ) but on that occasion that I don't, I wake up use the diaper and then go back to sleep. But sometimes I find it hard to sleep because I worry about leaking etc...IE trusting my diaper. It's just the way I am, unless I am so heavily padded that there is no way a leak can occur. I have a large capacity bladder and when I need to go...I G*O! so thats why I worry about leaks. But double diapering with cloth and plastic pants usually helps avoid leaking, and I can sleep again....and when I wake up, not needing to pee, I know that more than likely soaked :blush: although there have been times I was so heavily padded that no matter how much I pee I cant soak everything. Inner diaper of coarse is soaked but the outer one is 'maybe' damp... :thumbsup: No leaks and a good nights sleep and a great nights pee! :D

but this doesn't happen often, but when it does it's nice :)

Also, when I don't wear to bed I don't worry about wetting the bed, so it's not an issue as it is something I kind of have to work at. If I had my own place again, and own laundry facilities, I think I would wear a lot more at night, especially cloth, then it might be a little different. But for now thats the way it is because of my living situation. Someday it will change.. :glare:

Your first sentence sums it up just about perfectly for me. I love wearing to bed, but I'm not in the mood all the time. I also do the "maintenance wearing" to keep things in balance.

I think my wife has alot to do with that. She is very supportive and never says anything negative. On the flip side, she doesn't encourage me as often as I'd like. Maybe it's time for a chat about that....

I wear to bed most nights, like it has been said a couple of times. Lately I have not wet through the night, this morning I woke up dry and filled my diaper. Last night did not drink all that much liquid before I went to bed. It is hit or miss, sometimes I wake up soaked which I am then grateful I had a diaper on, and other times I wake up dry as I did this morning.

Will have to add when i first started wearing diapers i had that fear of the diaper not holding up, however Secure Plus, Bambinos have yet failed me when i do soak the diapers at night. I think everyone should wear diapers at night, give it a shot, enjoy wearing your diapers, i do.