LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ever Feel Bad For The Environment?

Guest diaperguy68

I hate the fact that just because climate change might be false, people seem to think this will give them a green light to pollute away. The environment still needs to be cared for, it still needs us to manage our waste responsibly, and manage our emissions as well.

• Like 1

In no way am I encouraging anyone to be careless with the environment. It is "the sky is falling and we are all doomed unless we freeze in the winter, sweat in the summer and drive sardine cans" mentality that I object to!

I hate the fact that just because climate change might be false, people seem to think this will give them a green light to pollute away. The environment still needs to be cared for, it still needs us to manage our waste responsibly, and manage our emissions as well.

• Like 1

QFT

However I do enjoy offsetting other people's hybrids with my cars. At least my diesel will be running waste vegetable oil soon. So yeah, I've that going for me.

QFT

However I do enjoy offsetting other people's hybrids with my cars. At least my diesel will be running waste vegetable oil soon. So yeah, I've that going for me.

The effects that the batteries in hybrids have on the environment is worse than that of burning gas.

In no way am I encouraging anyone to be careless with the environment. It is "the sky is falling and we are all doomed unless we freeze in the winter, sweat in the summer and drive sardine cans" mentality that I object to!

Yea, but I've had years of that mentality, along with the rest of the world. TERRORISTS, PEDOS, ENVIRONMENT! KILLER AIDS, KILLER BIRD FLU, KILLER SWINE FLU. WE'RE ALLL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!! GIVE UP YOUR FREEDOMS TO BE SAFE, WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO?! THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!

I'm pretty much immune to it now. I don't listen to anything the government has to say on any subject, because even if it is true its been spun, fiddled with and hacked to pieces just to make the party look good (or bad if from the opposition). Saying that I do recycle, and I do try to by ethically. But my efforts won't change anything until governments and big businesses do their own cutting back. There's a statistic that if everyone in the UK was to stop driving tomorrow co2 levels would go down by a 1/4%, and the government makes us feel bad whilst allowing old coal fire power stations to still run.

The effects that the batteries in hybrids have on the environment is worse than that of burning gas.

Plus the fact they just aren't that economical, especially with normal driving habits. That tiny engine has to work very hard to do anything of note. Most diesels are better economically. The Prius was built for ex hippies with money, to make them think they doing something. Besides, who wants a slow car? :drive1:

• Like 1

honestly, i'm like almost 6 feet tall and pretty wide and a smart car is pretty comfortable too.... my friend is 6'7" and drove cross country and back in a smart car.... they saved like thousands of dollars in gas doing that...

Do I feel bad, yes and no. I have definately thought about it in the past and do realize the impact, though a drop in the bucket, it all adds up to become a full bucket with enough drops in it.

I think everyone has their own way of feeling they contribute to helping the environment good and bad. I do a lot of good through recycling about as much as I possibly can, but also drive a very big gas hog at the same time. As "green" as people want to think they are, they could all probably be greener. I'm also here to live a life and well, to do it the way I want, there are things like diapers or vehicles I choose that aren't the best for the environment that I choose to have.

This whole diaper, landfill thing got me thinking of all the different types of diapers out there in the landfills. I'm sure all of my baby diapers, crib, toys, bottles, are still there, slightly degraded after twenty years since I'm sure a lot of it's plastic. Gosh, think of all the diapers I've added to the pile!

• 1 month later...

just found this, don't know if it has been posted before

Did you know that:

* Adult diapers and briefs currently make up 7% of our nation’s landfill?

* Baby diapers currently contribute just 2-3% of landfill waste?

* Diapers are the third largest type of landfill waste?

* The average adult diaper or brief will take up to 200 years to decompose (the same amount of time as an aluminum can)?

In the coming years, adult diapers will contribute an increasing percentage to our landfills. Not only are adult diapers and briefs larger than baby diapers, but the number of adults using diapers is on the rise.

Most diapers go into landfills, which exist on the edge of cities and towns and are eventually covered by dirt. As towns and cities expand over time, they appropriate and build on top of these landfills. Housing developments spread across these previous trash dumps, leading some to wonder what future archaeologists will think when excavating these sites. Will they wonder about the anthropological meaning of so much plastic-backed paper products?

Reducing Your Carbon Footprint

If you or someone you know uses adult diaper products, there are two major ways to reduce your carbon footprint, or as some call it, your carbon “buttprint

While I'm not one of those eco-facists who cry out every time somebody drives a car, or uses the wrong kind of light bulb, I do try to conscious of what I do for the environment. I don't drive during Spare The Air days, unless I have to. I believe in recycling, but I'm not perfect at it (I wish I could compost the food stuffs, but I don't know how- or what to do with it).

I heard that in some European country (I believe Denmark, or Netherlands) they had special rules for household garbage. You were only allowed to use one special bag a week, and once that was full-no more trash. When I read about this I thought about how it would affect my decisions-a couple disposable diapers would fill up your bag. For someone like me, this would be a nuisance, but would really be unfair if I was genuinely incontinent and had no choice.

Now I'm not in favor of such measures (for a lot of reasons- including the big brother feel of it), but I do feel guilty when I throw out a used diaper, but I'm not stopping. It is one of the reasons that I use cloth diapers at night.

Every little bit helps in the big picture when trying to help reduce your carbon foot print.

I try and recycle as much as possible, my recycle is always more full than my trash. In my trash I'd say the majority of it is plastic or waxy packaging, styrofoam and overall the thing that takes up the majority of space and outweigh everthing else together are my diapers. I live in a house of two, on adult in diapers. I do think about how much I'm poluting and have some cloth diapers I wear on occasion but wish I had more. Water to wash diapers can always be treated and put back to use taking up no more space, a diaper will take up space for at least a century or more.

Interesting facts though timmyc. 7% seems a little high but it seems to be the new report I guess from what I've found too. Also when you consider a days worth of diapers may account for the majority of your waste going into a landfill which I know is true for me, then it doesn't seems too far off. Think about it. Take say four diapers a day that are used and stack them against the rest of the trash you couldn't recycle from the day and compare the two. Diapers will likely out weight and take up more space then everything else from each day combined. Spread that out over everyone elses garbage and there you go, probably 7%. Some countries are now having a diaper recycle facility. Link Guess you can really recycle just about anything.

• 6 years later...

Do I feel bad for the environment? Yes, absolutely. Do I feel bad for the environment because of my diaper consumption? Not in the slightest. I went "green" before it was considered cool to do it. My lighting has been energy-efficient for over a decade now, most of my electronics are pretty eco-friendly and/or highly recyclable, and I keep my carbon footprint pretty low. I like disposable diapers, and while they skew my carbon footprint to be a bit larger, I consider them acceptable given what I've done to offset that increase elsewhere. I recycle significantly more than I put in my trash cans, and do my part and then some to avoid unnecessary pollution, so I don't feel bad about indulging in diapers. What I do feel bad about are people who just don't care or don't bother to even do something as basic as recycling, or larger corporate locations that don't even attempt to recycle or offset their carbon footprints.

19 hours ago, rusty pins said:

I know that a lot more people recycle things than they did years ago so that is a help.

8 hours ago, Dirty Diaper/Maxipad Lover said:

My biggest environmental gripe is "low-flow" toilets though. They handle urine just fine, but I'm lucky if they'll handle feces after three flushes that completely defeat their purpose, and that's not even getting into the newest ones that are even less efficient. (I'd love to punch the people who keep mandating these disasters right in the face.) A smart solution would be to have toilets with a water tank capacity similar to the older "high-flow" models, but with two flushers on them. The first could be used for urine with the power of a low-flow toilet, and the second for feces with the power of an older toilet to prevent three or more flushes to get the job done. There are a few absurdly expensive low-flows that actually function like older toilets, (I have one because I got sick of five flushes to do the job of one, on another toilet,) but most people can't afford them or won't splurge on them, and given that there are low-flows that already implement two flushers, designing something people can afford that uses this system and one flush to get the job done should be simple, with only convincing regulators to sign common sense regulations being the obstacle to this.

They have those toilets already. You pull up on the handle for bowel movements and down for urine. Still, it won't matter. Agriculture will still dominate water usage. The problem is with all the government subsidies for farming, the market demand for more efficient processes is not as high as it could be. I think very soon we will have to develop the next generation of farming with methods that are not just water efficient, but land efficient as well. Organic farming is the opposite of this. It is a shame resources are spent on growing "organic" crops, because they use inefficient outdated farming practices, pesticides that are less effective and not as safe, and more land, water and energy to grow the same amount of crops as more modern techniques.

I noted that such toilets exist already, (I've also seen ones that do this with buttons in concentric circles,) but that they all still suffer from being low-flows, at least in the USA. Everything sold here has to be a maximum of 1.6gpf and increasingly 1.4 and now 1.2gpf which is where the problems start. (High-flow toilets were typically 3.5 or 4gpf.) It's that stupid ban on toilets capable of more than 1.6gpf that makes the dual-flushers completely useless on what's available now. Even modifying the federal ban so that new 2.5gpf max toilets could be created with dual flushers would be an easy fix for this though. (It's not the same 3.5gpf that used to be common, but it's more than what's currently available.) A 1.4 or 1.2gpf urine/2.5gpf feces design would be significantly more practical and efficient overall than what's currently available. A 2.5gpf design could be mandated to have dual flushers so that people don't just use 2.5gpf for everything.

And yes, I'm aware that the federal ban is only on the manufacture of toilets within the USA and their sale domestically, and that you can still buy 3.5gpf toilets from Canada or Mexico, but a lot of areas have local building codes or state regulations that prohibit their installation, and most people aren't aware of this or can't afford to import them even if such regulations aren't an obstacle for them. A lot of contractors also incorrectly believe that the ban on the manufacture of such toilets is a ban on their installation, so they typically won't install them even if areas without local laws prohibiting their use.

As long as the population continues to grow and we keep emitting co2 in crazy amounts all while trashing the oceans we will continue to watch the world turn to shit. The tiny fraction of the population that use disposables aren't really making any sort of significant impact. Spay and neuter your dumb asses

• Like 2