LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Total bladder incontinence requires plastic pants?

Total bladder incontinence requires plastic pants?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Total urinary incontinence requires plastic pants?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

Having experienced total incontinence for many years of my life, I can say that this comes with great uncertainty. I don't fully trust even the best diapers out there. You just know that you always run the risk of them leaking. I therefore see plastic pants as one of the basic needs of an incontinent life. I almost feel naked when I don't wear plastic pants over my diaper. They have saved me so many times from wet spots in my pants. Are there even incontinent people who don't wear them over their diapers?

Let me know your thoughts on this.

BTW: I am using this one right now.

1762504724_Suprimaslip1205.png.f9de9d15d22a94ab94d5bd0a42159e64.png

Suprima slip 1205

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • cathdiap changed the title to Total bladder incontinence requires plastic pants?

That would be true of any condition or activitie involving diapers. Baby diapers often come with a notice to use waterproof panties and HOme Economics social workkers recommend their use by clients if not a recommendation that disposables be avoided in favor of cloth for economic reasons

So it is not just total incontinence of any kind that requires such. It is the principle that, but in medieval terms, "Armor works"

A leak is going to happen, its just a matter of time. With plastic pants you have an early warning system in place to warn you when your primary protecting starts to fail. While I prefer to change before a leak happens the plastic pants have saved my ass more times that I can count.

I think plastic pants is such an old phrase. There are so many new materials available these days for diaper covers.  I love to explore them all.

• Like 1

The Gary Active Wear protective pants are both comfortable and very durable and are a great choice for a diaper cover that offers not only added protection, but also helps to hold a wet diaper in place and conceal some of the odor.  These are not vinyl or rubber but the newer laminate style and are worth every penny if you ask me

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Loveable_guy said:

A leak is going to happen, its just a matter of time. With plastic pants you have an early warning system in place to warn you when your primary protecting starts to fail. While I prefer to change before a leak happens the plastic pants have saved my ass more times that I can count.

I think plastic pants is such an old phrase. There are so many new materials available these days for diaper covers.  I love to explore them all.

My wife always calls the rubbers whatever they are made of to me they are just my pants.

5 hours ago, Loveable_guy said:

Actually, the oldest and generic phrase is "rubber apnt(ie)s". If you order a pair of plastic ones on Ebay, you will often find "rubber" used as well, Especially for baby panties. These terms go back to their heyday, so why change it now?  They are trying to substitude "diaper cover" but what is the point? Even "plastic pants" was not used by regular folks after rubber baby panties had disappeared for for 2+ decades

As a bed wetter I now wear a double lined plastic pant over my disposable.  So clad I sleep in any position pointing any direction without worry of leaks.  It’s like the old days (nights) in cloth diapers, totally secure.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Loveable_guy said:

Vinyl/plastic have stopped many a leak which kind of sucks as pee is not a friend of vinyl. It 's like Henry Ford said: You can have any rubber pant you want as long as its vinyl. There is no other kind.

Given what is happening to plastic bags and straws, I think we can expect some change with regard to throw-away diapers. They may disappear from the open market, being available only to institutions or they may be made without waterproof exteriors, That would not be new. the 1950's Playtex Dryper and liner for Salk Sani-Pants of the 1960's-80's were not coated in waterproof material, the latter and an adhesive back. They were used with speciall pants, the Dryper being used with a rubber pant to which it was stuck with an adhesive then the whole shapped in place

Also, for 84 years, I have not heard of a "cloth" waterproof panty, that has not either come apart (the composite separating) or leaked. I suspect that latter is because the "breathable" quality is gas permeability", which is fine for rainwear since the only material involved is water. It is different for "bidily wasts", which are complex organic substances. I suspect that some of the material in these substances are vapors at body temperature but once they get a few milimeters away from the body and throw the mocro-pores of the pants, they turn back into a liquid, getting on the clothing. So a "continuous film" material may be the only secure containment system

10 hours ago, Loveable_guy said:

Wait are plastic pants and diaper covers the same thing?

Not to confuse our readers, but one's mind view of a product does not always equate to what is on the market and available for the public to find and purchase.

The most common waterproof panties or DIAPER COVERS are either the Vinyl version commonly called plastic, or the PUL version, which is a Poly laminate covered outer cloth.  Most of these products no longer separate and are typically long lasting.

The difference is large, where the vinyl or plastic tends to harden when it ages, the PUL does not if laundered correctly(avoid the clothes dryer)  It is also much quieter and does stretch a bit to hold the diaper under it in place better. The PUL will eventually wear out but the better products last longer as you would expect.  There are several mentioned here, the Suprima and the Gary Active Wear 

On 10/18/2023 at 10:27 AM, stevewet said:

I wear drylife plastic pants or Mylesta nylon pants over my nappies to save leaks being noticeable.

Do Mylesta make a nylon night-time waterproof pant as opposed to a day-time  brief ?

2 hours ago, deewet said:

Not to confuse our readers, but one's mind view of a product does not always equate to what is on the market and available for the public to find and purchase.

The most common waterproof panties or DIAPER COVERS are either the Vinyl version commonly called plastic, or the PUL version, which is a Poly laminate covered outer cloth.  Most of these products no longer separate and are typically long lasting.

The difference is large, where the vinyl or plastic tends to harden when it ages, the PUL does not if laundered correctly(avoid the clothes dryer)  It is also much quieter and does stretch a bit to hold the diaper under it in place better. The PUL will eventually wear out but the better products last longer as you would expect.  There are several mentioned here, the Suprima and the Gary Active Wear 

They are called "rubber" enough so that in many, if not most, of the ebay listings of plastic pants, "rubber" is in the lheader. And when they were in common use, they were mostly called "rubber" except in technical or commercial descriptions. In the 19teens, they were called "rubber diaper" and, according to the Urban Dictionary plastic pants are called "rubber diaper". enough to be notied, That would not be the case if the term they were derived from, the "root word", did not include "rubber". Can anyone think of a root term that would fit this other than "rubber pant(ie)s"? It would have been coined by our grandparents, used by our parents, then by baby boomers and transferred to Gen X by those of us still using cloth diapers on  our children because that is what we heard for the most part. When I was in the nursing home after surgery, back in 2021, in a discussion with a 25 year old nurse, she mentioned something invoving apatient getting fecal matter on their hand and rubbing their eye and as a solution I said "rubber pants" and she broke up saying that she had not heard that term in ages. Born in about '06, that she heard it at all is a testament to its staying power

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rubber diaper

And in England I am told they are called "rubbers"

Usage of vulgate language for something no longer in its prime would favor the term that was in use when an item was in its most common use

48 minutes ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

They are called "rubber" enough so that in many, if not most, of the ebay listings of plastic pants, "rubber" is in the lheader. And when they were in common use, they were mostly called "rubber" except in technical or commercial descriptions. In the 19teens, they were called "rubber diaper" and, according to the Urban Dictionary plastic pants are called "rubber diaper". enough to be notied, That would not be the case if the term they were derived from, the "root word", did not include "rubber". Can anyone think of a root term that would fit this other than "rubber pant(ie)s"? It would have been coined by our grandparents, used by our parents, then by baby boomers and transferred to Gen X by those of us still using cloth diapers on  our children because that is what we heard for the most part. When I was in the nursing home after surgery, back in 2021, in a discussion with a 25 year old nurse, she mentioned something invoving apatient getting fecal matter on their hand and rubbing their eye and as a solution I said "rubber pants" and she broke up saying that she had not heard that term in ages. Born in about '06, that she heard it at all is a testament to its staying power

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rubber diaper

And in England I am told they are called "rubbers"

Usage of vulgate language for something no longer in its prime would favor the term that was in use when an item was in its most common use

Just to add to the confusion, "a rubber"  is a close ended tube, very often worn on the penis by young males, when enjoying fornication.

45 minutes ago, Wet Knight said:

Just to add to the confusion, "a rubber"  is a close ended tube, very often worn on the penis by young males, when enjoying fornication.

As well as a waterproof low cut rubber overshoe. The standard set of two being called "rubbers" in the US

17 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Not in my mind.

Plastic/rubber panties are waterproof covers to prevent leaks.

Diaper covers are decorative panties or shorts to conceal a diaper.

That's what I thought. I thought diaper covers could be worn over plastic pants for fun if one wants, versus plastic pants and diapers serve a function. They're all very cool and nice though. 🥰

I usually wear two pairs of plastic pants and wouldn't dream of wearing a diaper without them.  For me, being diapered is about feeling secure and I like a diaper that's tight and leakproof (as far as it can be).  I'd feel very insecure and anxious without plastic/rubber pants and often wear the knee length plastic bloomer type pants.  These don't prevent diaper leaks but if it does leak you'll feel it running down your leg rather than having wet patches on your clothes.

• Thanks 1
On 10/19/2023 at 2:38 PM, Wet Knight said:

Do Mylesta make a nylon night-time waterproof pant as opposed to a day-time  brief ?

Not sure I just get the XL size which are plenty big enough for day and night use.

Plastic pants, rubber pants, baby pants and all the other names we call them are an absolute must over cloth and or disposable diapers. Since I am urinary incontinent and in diapers 24/7 plastic pants have a must at all times. Quite often they are bright cute colors or nursery print that I also just love to wear. 

• 4 weeks later...