LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Too hot for diapers?

It never really gets too hot, in that I haven't abandoned ship on wearing diapers over the last 4 years due to the temperature. But when I have a onesie on over plastic pants, over a plastic diaper under jeans on a humid day and I'm working outdoors, it can get to be a bit much. What I long for then is the ability to be back home, where I can wear just a diaper or a diaper under some light shorts, in air-conditioned splendor. As much as I prefer plastic diapers, I do find that cloth-backed disposables can be more comfortable when it gets really hot. Sometimes I'll wear something cloth-backed if I'm going hiking, for example, and I don't really need it to last for several hours. I can change more often and be more comfortable. 

• Like 1

I accidentally found a nifty way to cool off one extremely hot summer day. I needed some home improvement stuff and went shopping in my sagging wet diaper. During the time spent walking through the air conditioned store, my diaper cooled off significantly, upon leaving I immediately was hit by the high temps. Sweating by the time I got to my hot car, I sat down on my now cold diaper. It was incredibly cooling to my body. 

Not really.  I wear maybe once or twice a week for a few hours.  Maybe if I was 24/7 I might find some days really hot to be in diapers, but if I was 24/7, I think I'd be used to it in all kinds of weather.

When I went to Wisconsin Dells two summers ago it was hot and very humid.  Upper 80's and the kind of weather than makes you all clammy the moment you walk out the door.  I wore plastic backed Betterdry and Abena diapers and even a Mega Max everywhere I went including walking up and down the trails in the hot sun on the boat tours.  I had on short shorts, but it wasn't too much even with plastic pants on over my diapers.

Next month I plan a trip where it will probably be just as hot and I will again be 24/7 in diapers, Betterdry, TREST, XP5000 and Abena with plastic pants.  The enjoyment of wearing diapers 24/7 everywhere at all the stops and tourist sights kind of outweighs things if at times it's a bit hot, especially when you only get to do it once every two years.

• Like 1

For those required to be in diapers it’s not really a choice, but if I wasn’t diaper dependant I think the hotter than hell weather here in Texas could cause me to find something cooler to wear. Since I’m diaper dependent I just roll with what I’m presented. It does get sweaty in diapers, jeans, and sitting on a horse for many hours.

• Like 1

It doesn't affect my diaper wearing.
Sweating in a diaper is a different experience as there usually isn't that hot here.
We've had a few days with 30 C (86 F), in the shade. 

My body doesn't handle the heat that well, so I try to stay inactive when its warmer than 25 C, as in sitting in front of AC.
I wear t-shirts down to 5 C (41 F)

Hot and humid weather has no influence on my diaper wearing whether cloth back or plastic back disposable diapers. Today's forecast is 84 degrees Fahrenheit and sunny. My forecast, however, is wet and warm in an Attends Premier diaper and Babykins blue baby print plastic pants. In my office and haven't even started my day yet, but I am already slightly wet.

20 hours ago, DailyDiapers said:

For those of you who wear solely by choice, does it ever get just too hot for you to wear a diaper/baby clothes?

For those of us that have to wear, we have no choice when it is hot out. We still have to wear diapers. 

Was just thinking about trying to enjoy the fetish in summer.  Well, I do, but winter is my favorite, for diapers, nothing else!  In fact, I love to sleep diapered, but only when it’s snuggly cold out.  Diapered for bed feels more submissive and babyish to me than any other time, but hot at night is the worst.

• 3 weeks later...

Weather doesn't determine where I wear a diaper.  I seem to be not affected by the heat and not by being wet all day. I don't think I've ever had diaper rash, guess I'm just so conditioned to be wearing that things don't bother me. Diapering myself is when I'm most comfy, and diapers are a security blanket as well.  

I considered putting one on after my shower this morning.  But I'm glad I didn't.   While mowing the lawn, I was sweating buckets - thanks to the 50+% humidity.  Part way into the back yard, I felt the need to poop.  Had I been diapered, I would have considered just letting it go there... but I am sooooo glad I wasn't.  It would have been a major disaster.  It wasn't poop!  😧

I'm IC, so I have no choice in the matter. When it's hot out, I drink more water, ice tea, etc. and that adds to my bladder traffic pattern. I would like to strip down to fewer items of clothing, but that isn't going to happen. Too many visitors & work details.

11 hours ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

@Dubious go out where in just a diaper?

Nearby trails that are only used during school hours.
Since school has been closed for summer, it has been safe to walk there. 

Other times I drive to remote places. 

The past couple of weeks have been pretty pleasant here where I live in SW Michigan.  A bit of a breeze, temp's in the mid to upper 70's, some cloud cover, very nice.  I leave for my week's vacation tomorrow morning and the temps all week starting tomorrow are predicted to be in the upper 80's and humid!  The question will be, are my diapers wet from pee or sweat?  Like they say, I just have to sweat it out!  The heat and humidity will not prevent me from wearing 24/7 though.

6 hours ago, rusty pins said:

The past couple of weeks have been pretty pleasant here where I live in SW Michigan.  A bit of a breeze, temp's in the mid to upper 70's, some cloud cover, very nice.  I leave for my week's vacation tomorrow morning and the temps all week starting tomorrow are predicted to be in the upper 80's and humid!  The question will be, are my diapers wet from pee or sweat?  Like they say, I just have to sweat it out!  The heat and humidity will not prevent me from wearing 24/7 though.

@rusty pins where you going this time?  Out of state or staying close by the house?

8 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Yeah, I live several hours south of you and there is a Heat Warning starting Sunday noonish and not supposed to end until Thursday night. 🌞

2 hours ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

@rusty pins where you going this time?  Out of state or staying close by the house?

Sent you a message with the details.

52 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Yeah, I live several hours south of you and there is a Heat Warning starting Sunday noonish and not supposed to end until Thursday night. 🌞

Just my luck again!  Last solo vacation I took 2 years ago it was mid to upper 80's and humid!  Why can't it ever be mid to upper 70's, lightly overcast with a cool breeze blowing?  At least I have A/C in the car and the museums should be air conditioned too.  I still expect with thick plastic backed diapers with vinyl pants over them it will get a bit hot!  Thank God at least for short shorts!

2 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Sent you a message with the details.

Just my luck again!  Last solo vacation I took 2 years ago it was mid to upper 80's and humid!  Why can't it ever be mid to upper 70's, lightly overcast with a cool breeze blowing?  At least I have A/C in the car and the museums should be air conditioned too.  I still expect with thick plastic backed diapers with vinyl pants over them it will get a bit hot!  Thank God at least for short shorts!

Last solo vacation I took, I expected highs about 70. What I got was highs about 50, lows just below freezing and snow, and I was in a tent. Fortunately my new sleeping bag was rated to 0F, so it was snuggly warm in it.