LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How important is permanent incontinence to you?

I’m genuinely curious to see everybody’s opinions on this…

When it comes to untraining, do you get excited or worried about the possibility of being permanently and irreversibly incontinent?  Daytime, nighttime, or both?  I wrote this question with urinary incontinence in mind, but I suppose it’d also apply to bowel incontinence.  

Personally, speaking, anything less than total permanent bladder incontinence (day and night) is not good enough for me.  As far as I’m concerned, simply having the ability to control whether or not I can retrain is a form of bladder control, which is undesirable.   I want to stress that this is my personal opinion, and you can make a strong argument that I’m batsh*t crazy, but it’s not going to change my opinion.  On the other hand I’m actually kind of iffy on permanent bowel incontinence.  Depends on how bad we are talking about.  I plan to be “stuck” in diapers for the rest of my life due to urinary incontinence, so it’s not the end of the world if my bowel control irreversibly plummets. Though it would be nice to retain some rudimentary control.  

All in all, I’d say the relief of knowing that I’m never ever again going to have to deal with the burdens that come with continence, makes all the scary stuff that comes with being permanently diaper dependent worth it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Enthusi

I guess the way I would respond to this particular posting is to say that it is important that I am able to live my life to the best extent possible, without having to worry about things that I shouldn't have to worry about,, and to try to remove as much stress for my life as I possibly can. 

when I started having problems with incontinence IBS and diverticulitis and accidents back in 2018 and 2019, I was worried that there was something wrong, and that I should figure this out, so I told my doctor that I was having issues. Little did I realize that this particular call would would give me the door that I could open that would allow me to use diapers to take care of this problem. I grew tired of having to constantly be getting up in the middle of the night, constantly having to deal with pain and being uncomfortable, and constantly worrying about whether I was gonna be able to hold it or not. the now in the coffin occurred after two particular incidents happened to me.

incident number one happened when I was just sitting in my recliner, and I was trying to relax. For some reason next thing I know, I feel a little bit of pressure and then I've messed myself. I then had to get up and clean up the mess, and then after that, I find, I finally realized that something is not right, I think I know what I wanna do, but I waited to see if this was just an isolated incident.

Incident #2 involved a couple of times when I ended up having accidents in bed. I ended up having really cheap really cheap diapers on, And the diapers that I was wearing were tranquility overnights, and they didn't even have the ability to hold the BM that I had released, which told me that I needed better diapers to be able to deal with the situation. after having wet and mesh myself over and over again, and I just got sick of it. Then I made the decision that I better see the doctor first, because no doctor is just gonna prescribe diapers for you without having a discussion. luckily I had already broached the subject in 2018 when I needed underpads because of the fact that sweat was permeating things that on and was leaving it with a objectionable odor which I didn't like, and that people were confiding In me that they were having a problem with an odor. I knew exactly what I needed to do at that point and that's when I went to the doctor.

What is important to me is that for the most part to the best of my ability that I live my life to the fullest extent possible and not let anyone or anything tell me that I can't do something, or something is bad for me. after having so many accidents, and having so many sleepless nights, and when you add on all of the stress that I was having to deal with at work because the people who were trying to tell me that they had more power than I did, my stress meter was off the charts and I couldn't deal with much more. I also realized that diapers had positive influence, because now because I have legitimate incontinence both ways, because of my age my disability and my situation, there was my doorway in so I could wear diapers 24/7 Legitimately and not feel guilty or have any problems with embarrassment or any of that.

Then because I'm a diaper lover, I have feelings and urges that I have to deal with as well. wearing diapers 24/7 deals with my incontinence and helps me keep myself clean dry and comfortable, while also dealing with the urges and feelings that I had from this age of eight. because I'm wearing diapers 24/7, I can use the diaper for whatever I need to, without fear of people being upset with me, which means that I can feel free to let things go. Important thing about wearing a diaper is the fact that it is expected that you use it to let things go, because that's what a baby does when it has to use the bathroom, and no one is going to get after a baby because it uses its diaper.

I have always thought of it this way call a diaper is there to catch what your body does not need anymore. Just like when you open something up and throw it in the trash after you're done with it, you don't need it anymore so you throw it out. Your body does the same thing and you go to the toilet to release all of that. When you wearing a diaper, the diaper allows you to get rid of anything you're holding, And once you do, you end up changing the diaper cleaning yourself up and you end up putting another one on and continuing. When I have a BM or I use the diaper for number 1, that is stuff that I get rid of, because my body does not need it anymore. You can also think of it this way: your body gets rid of waste when it doesn't need it anymore, well think of it this way Anything that you release in your diaper is all the stress and all the bad things that happen in your life that you don't wanna deal with and you get rid of these things where wearing a diaper I can eliminate a lot of stress and I'd rather be getting rid of stress and not worrying about things that bother me rather than to worry about what's gonna happen if I use the diaper. sure it's gonna stink sometimes And sure it's gonna be wet and it's gonna be inconvenient, but it's a lot better than having wet pants wet shoes or any other clothing that you're wearing, or what furniture or things that you sit on.

When I made the decision to go full time in 2020, this decision was made after consultation with many people in my inner circle, my medical team, my case management team, my support team, and many many many people that I trust here on daily diapers. Because of people that are here, I no longer feel guilty or ashamed or worry about the fact that I wear a diaper, that I am using a diaper, or any of that. I've learned that having a diaper is no different than wearing a different type of underwear, and it is an underwear choice. In my mind, having a diaper is very important. It allows me to be able to do what I do on a regular basis, without regard to the fact that I'm going to have to use the bathroom, And I will use it, but it's a lot easier now that I have a diapers because whatever I release I can handle. I can't tell you how many times I've also peed my pants because I'm running to the bathroom at high speed, And when trying to get there really fast I injure myself or knock myself out and my knee is out of commission or I could fall on the ground and still pee my pants. I'd rather have the diaper on and have to change the diaper rather than to deal with injuries that are caused because I'm trying to be Superman and flying into the bathroom. When I was growing up, my mom used to tell me to be careful and always be ready to go to the bathroom And, and if necessary the first time you feel it, start heading upstairs, and don't wait until you absolutely have to explode before you do anything, lest you end up having an accident and you have to clean up the mess.

Permanent irreversible incontinence is something that many people suffer from. i've learned a lot of people can deal with this if they have the right equipment and the right supplies and the right support systems. I don't know how many times that I have had accidents, but over the years I was thinking to myself that someday I'm gonna end up where I have to have diapers 24/7, because I want to be able to be safe comfortable and have my dignity and respect intact. I've always stated that if it is necessary for me to wear diapers for the rest of my life, that is the way it has to be, because I can't fight my body anymore, because trying to fight my body is a no-in situation: if my body decides that it wants to make my knee or my leg give out, it's gonna happen, so you have to be prepared for things like that. wearing diapers means that you may have to do an extra few steps when you have to use it, but every time that I've worn a diaper since 2020, when I needed it, it was there And I remember having severe problems one day and had a really bad BM, which wouldn't have been able to be taken care of without wearing one.

The most important thing in my mind is that you enjoy your life and you get rid of as much stress as you can get rid of. as a baby or a young child or maybe even a young child, And you know zilch other than autonomic responses that you automatically do because you don't even have to think about it, you breathe and you move, your heart beats and other things happen and you don't even have to think about it It just happens. when you're a baby, you end up using the bathroom, and it just happens Anywhere anytime and it doesn't matter what it is that you release, you will Eventually release it.

To me it is important to remove as many stressful things from things for my life as possible Period last year my life was in limbo and it was hell for me. I was thinking that things that my mom said we're bothering me, when I found out mom didn't actually say some of the things that I thought she said, and it threw me into a tailspin, and it made it very hard for me to be able to function. Without my diapers and the support of this community itself, I would have been one hell of a hurting unit. when I came back from that night, I was darn glad that I had my friends on daily diapers here to talk to, because the night stunk worse than the worst possible diaper that you could change! I felt like somebody stepped on my entire life soul and drained all of my energy and all of my life force and all of my will to wanna do anything because they wanted to make it perfectly clear that they were so scared of my health condition that they wanted to put me in a position where I'm so scared that I can't function myself. When you have that much stress, and believe you me for about a week I felt like many people who want to regress who want to wear diapers, who want to have people around them that just want to fawn over them and make them feel better, and play with them and make it so they don't have to think about anything or do anything, because everything is done for you. when you feel like you don't have a reason to exist because people are running you down so badly, it can really hurt your psyche. Luckily I'm a strong individual, And luckily because of my decision I made in 2020, my stress went way down, and believe you me during the couple weeks when I was really down, my diapers were there to help me, and I was not afraid to regress If that is what is necessary. far too many times there are things in our life that are so insignificant and so ridiculous that people worry about that it drives people crazy. I wanted to get away from all the craziness, and my diapers help me to do that because I know I have to take care of it, and I know I have responsibilities, but why in the world should I have to worry about everybody else, and not take care of myself as well. wearing diapers and doing what I have been doing is help me immensely, and and continents is the least of my medical conditions that I'm worried about Period of course I worry about my weight and I worry about my cholesterol, but as far as my incontinence, i've nailed that one in the bud and I know how to take care of it, and I have the supports that I need.

I always was of the opinion that eventually I would probably end up in diapers anyway. people that have disabilities such as cerebral palsy have to deal with things that are as normal for them as they are as somebody who walks around without their shoes on, or whatever it is. Wearing diapers allows me to eliminate some of the stress and some of the ridiculous things that I have to deal with on a daily basis. And just like @Kawaharu would say that her choice to live life as an adult baby was the way she dealt with her incontinence and the way she deals with her disability. In my case, I am a incontinent diaper lover with a disability, and wearing diapers is the way I deal with my disability, because I am totally incontinent.

I will always remember one thing that @~ashley~ said when someone asked her specifically about her condition. she said to that person that her plumbing down there doesn't work. That is an extremely accurate definition of what incontinence is, And in her case since her plumbing doesn't work, she has no way of knowing when gonna happen, until after it happens, so she has to be prepared to deal with it at any one time, and because of my situation, I've learned a lot from her as well, and there are a lot more people that I could thank for helping me, but one of the things that I have learned is regardless of how bad it may seem, you may have incontinence, you may have a disability, you may have your struggles, but remember as long as you are in control, and you are positive in your outlook, regardless of how bad it is, remember you have incontinence or a disability or a struggle, but it doesn't have you. if you can control it in a way that makes sense to you, then you are in control, and you know how you will deal with it appropriately. you should never be afraid sing in the face and be able to overcome it. all through my life I have had struggles that I've had to deal with, and regardless of how bad it can get, I always remember that there's always somebody out there in the world that's a whole lot worse off than I am, so I shouldn't feel sorry for myself and make myself feel like i'm hurting or whatever, because there's always somebody that's going to be worse off than you, and one of the things that I've learned is you try to be as tough as nails, but that sometimes sometimes can't happen, because you have your feelings in Sometimes your feelings betray you, because you can say you feel fine, but people can see it in your eyes your face your voice or other things.

Diapers have helped me in so many ways And I know that there are many people that could probably say the same thing about their conditions. Whether it be medical whether it be psychological or for comfort reasons or whatever, everyone has their reasons for wearing diapers and For either wanting to be incontinent, wanting to be an adult baby, wanting to be a diaper lover or an adult kid or whatever they identify as, or whatever else they have to deal with as a struggle. Whatever the reason we wear diapers Are we like diapers, we are all in this together because in the end we're all together or we come together because we need diapers We like diapers or we want to wear them. This is the type of place that would allow people to learn about incontinence and other lifestyles, or part of our kink, or whatever it is, because one of the things I like about daily diapers is somebody will tell you it's straight up and they won't try to candy coat it.

I've always told people that say they want to be incontinent for whatever reason that it is not a bet of roses and it's not all smooth sailing. There's going to be adjustment periods and you will have to make lifestyle adjustments to accommodate that particular situation. if you're totally incontinent, you've already made those changes and you've already made those availabilities because you know that you need what you use, and you know what's gonna happen eventually, so you are prepared. This is not to say that you can't be caught off guard and have something happen when you're not expecting it, but being opens that door and says it can happen, it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen whether I want to or not, so why not be prepared, and once I accepted the fact that I needed them and that they helped me, I finally then said That I am a diaper lover, because that's what I identify as, even if I have the AB tendencies, I'm more of a diaper lover.'cause of the fact that I wear diapers, I now have the appropriate open door to do it full time, because I need them. Remember, when you decide that you want to go 24/7 in continent, both ways, you are making a choice that could be life altering and you may not be able to return to a state to a state prior to you training to be incontinent without a heck of a lot of work, and if you've been wearing diapers for a long time anyway, it gets harder and harder to be able to maintain or be able to get it back, which is not to say that it is impossible, but it's very hard.

So right now, I accept that I am incontinent both ways, and I'm prepared to deal with any of these types of situations. i'd rather wear diapers now than have to worry about not being able to sleep at night, not being able to be comfortable, or to have wet anything that I'm using or wearing. If wearing a diaper makes it easier, then a diaper I shall wear, and a diaper I shall use. I will also help those that are questioning themselves whether they want to become incontinent, whether they are incontinent, whether they have a desire, or whether they want to ask me how you would be able to justify diapers or how you would get such supplies. Many people are curious, and they just wanna know what it's like, and I'm telling you right now, The best thing that happened to me was that I accepted it, because then once I accepted that I needed them, all of my worries went flying out the window, because everybody that I talked to here on DD told me that it was totally acceptable to wear use and like them, and I still remember the day that I went to see one of my counselors, And I told her about liking diapers, and she said that diaper diaper fetishes are more common than I realize. when she said that, I then realized that all of the feelings and all of the urges that I had had had legitimate grounds, and I just had to wait until I had the right opening to be able to expand it. Having cerebral palsy, I just don't wanna have an issue where I don't have the ability to do something, but with a diaper at least if I have to use it, I have it, and I don't have to feel guilty anymore.

Incontinence to me is permanent total irreversible and inevitable. If you don't have control of your bladder or your bowels, or you are losing control, eventually you won't have the control you once did when you are younger. if you don't have any control at all and you can't feel anything downstairs, that can be a problem because you no you will use the bathroom, but you don't know when and the only way you know that you get it is when you can either feel it or smell it incontinence means that I don't have control, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I would allow my body my body to go down. as I said incontinence is the least of the worries of all of the conditions that I deal with. I'm glad that I chose to wear diapers, because now I understand fully what it is like to have to deal with wearing diapers 24/7, having to be sick or having to get up in the middle of the night and be able to take care of this. It's not something that is easy, and it's not something that is glamorous or something or something that is always fun in games, this is serious business and you have to be prepared for it.

@Enthusi Knows the score! He made the decision that he wanted to untrain and he knows exactly what the consequences of his decision are. my decision to go 24/7 was based on my disability and other things that made it very difficult for me to be able to constantly be bouncing around, so my decision is based on consequences I deal with. When you are wanting to become incontinent, you have to understand exactly what that means, and everyone that is incontinent knows exactly what it means and what you have to do. those that want to become incontinent, they know that there will be challenges, and I always try to help those that are trying to figure what's going on out, but I always have to tell them that what they are wanting to do maybe something that they may regret at some point, But if they decide to be incontinent and they train to be incontinent, then that is exactly what they will get, eventually total incontinence. As I said, as you age, you end up losing the ability to remain, continent So you have to understand exactly what you are getting into when you make that choice. people that know exactly what the score is make those make those decisions because they feel it is in their best interest But you always have to tell people exactly what the positives and the negatives of both sides of the coin are.

Thank you for posting this topic my friend!

Brian

• Like 3

I tend not to worry about it so much.  T o completely putting it out of my mind is good enough.  Right now I wet without noticing most times.  I know i can still hold if i think about it but i don't think bout it.  I notice bm's but they are pretty automatic but most times get plenty of notice unless the ibs is acting up then little to no notice.  In my mind the more i think about it the more control I will retain.  i don't test or anything like that because it reinforces control.

as an addendum Bedwetting would be the ultimate goal for me.  If i never got to wear a diaper at any other time i'd be able to be happy with it.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ~Brian~ said:

The most important thing in my mind is that you enjoy your life and you get rid of as much stress as you can get rid of. as a baby or a young child or maybe even a young child, And you know zilch other than autonomic responses that you automatically do because you don't even have to think about it, you breathe and you move, your heart beats and other things happen and you don't even have to think about it It just happens. when you're a baby, you end up using the bathroom, and it just happens Anywhere anytime and it doesn't matter what it is that you release, you will Eventually release it.

This paragraph made my day. ❤️

I think it’s inspiring how you managed to turn someone potentially humiliating like severe incontinence into something that gives you relief and supports your mental wellness.  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

Diapers have helped me in so many ways And I know that there are many people that could probably say the same thing about their conditions. Whether it be medical whether it be psychological or for comfort reasons or whatever, everyone has their reasons for wearing diapers and For either wanting to be incontinent, wanting to be an adult baby, wanting to be a diaper lover or an adult kid or whatever they identify as, or whatever else they have to deal with as a struggle. Whatever the reason we wear diapers Are we like diapers, we are all in this together because in the end we're all together or we come together because we need diapers We like diapers or we want to wear them. This is the type of place that would allow people to learn about incontinence and other lifestyles, or part of our kink, or whatever it is, because one of the things I like about daily diapers is somebody will tell you it's straight up and they won't try to candy coat it.

And that's why Diapers helps me deal with the adult world and deal with the fact that I am never gona be potty trained due to my Incontinence and I am always gona be kept in diapers. It's why I am not ashamed that I am in diapers and not ashamed to be in them. I know I belong in them and I know medically I need them. Being in diapers simply helps me deal with the adult world and the stresses the adult world places on me. To me diapers are not a kink but a lifestyle due to my Incontinence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I never set out to become incontinent, although at the same time, some automation in the #1 department would be fine with me, and if that resulted in some loss of control, I wear diapers all the time anyway, so I'm well-equipped to contend with that. What I've "achieved" to date (4 years) is a marked loss of cruising range, and discomfort if I try and hold it for more than about 45 minutes or so, which is quite a way from where I started out. I used to have an iron bladder - I had a diesel-powered German sedan that could travel 1000 km/600 miles on a tank, and I'd only pee when I stopped for fuel on cross-country journeys. Those days are in the past, although in a decent diaper I can still only stop when the car needs fuel. 

At night, I've attained the rank of "Unreliable Bedwetter"; I can go three weeks without an un-permissioned emission, and then it can happen three times in three days. So I definitely need to wear diapers to bed - I would not be able to relax otherwise. But I don't mind that at all - I find it irritating to be woken up at 3 am by a need to pee, wave permission to the gates, and then fall back to sleep again (if I'm lucky), while events take their course. I'd rather it just happened, and left me be. 

Incontinence in the #2 department is of no interest to me, and would be deeply inconvenient. I've read musings about a loss of urinary control or pelvic floor strength bleeding over to the #2 department, although that doesn't seem to be an issue at all for me during the day. At night, I've had a couple of odd incidents of what I'd classify as "insurrections" sparked by my subconscious, essentially - cases where, in a dream, I felt like I needed to poop, and in the dream, I said to myself at some point, "Oh, silly me, I'm wearing a diaper, I don't need to worry about this...", and then the Master Caution alarm has gone off in the cockpit of consciousness and yanked me from the dream, to discover that I'd given a push in real life, and that I did indeed need to go, which is probably why the sensation became part of my dream in the first place. However, becoming a bed pooper would probably lead to a prompt divorce, so invariably, I've leapt out of bed and headed straight for the bathroom under such circumstances. 

• Like 1

That's a really good question, because I really don't know.

What I do know is that this is something I've had an interest in since I was 6-7 years old, and I'm approaching 40, and it hasn't gone away. I've been trying to do stints of 24-hour wearing over the years, but was never able to do anything long-term (the most I've ever had is 2 weeks of 20/7 wearing, taking them off for work and family visits).

I also had an experience recently that I documented in a big thread in the Bedwetters section about how I nearly became a bedwetter, and how it felt to face the possibility of waking up like a swollen water balloon every morning. It was kinda exciting but scary at the same time, knowing I could've "made the leap" if I wanted to.

In an ideal world, I wouldn't have any issue with any form of incontinence, #1 or #2. Nor would I have issues carrying supplies or not being able to do a very small sub-set of activites. But is it important to me? It is... but maybe not as much as some other factors I'm dealing with in life at the moment.

Explaining it to my parents would be hard (especially since they know Im a DL), and the cost is something I simply cannot afford at all at the moment, but the biggest hurdle to me doing this would likely be my partner. She is fine with me wearing around her, and to bed, but she really doesn't want to actually see me naked in only my diapers, and they would also be a barrier to some of her biggest turn-ons (like seeing my groin area in tight clothing and "feeling me up" from the outside). Ever since I started wearing more last August, her sex drive has dropped dramatically, and I'm afraid it would impact our relationship if I went all-in. I still want to start a family, have children, move up in my finances, travel more, start my own business, ect, and at times I feel like diapers could effect all of those things, especially the first two in my case.

It is important to me, but Im not sure if it outweighs the other things in my life right now in terms of importance. Maybe someday I'll be able to, but that day isn't here yet...

I think for people who want permanent  incontinence will never achieve what medically incontinence folks already have. They will achieve some lesser form of incontinence and not true medical incontinence. People like me are truly medically incontinent and are in effect permanently incontinent. It's why those who are want to be Incontinent will never match those who are ,medically incontinent.

I was an every-night bedwetter until my mid teens, then "Dried out", and stayed dry at night thru my 20's. My bedwetting started up again, randomly, in my 30's, and increased over the years, to the point that I'm now an every-night bedwetter again, for several years now.  Unlike my teen years, I enjoy being a bedwetter now. It just feels right to wake up in warm wet diapers every morning. At this point, I assume I will be a bedwetter for the rest of my life, and I'm fine with that.

Over the last few years, my daytime control has changed too. My bladder capacity has shrunk, and if I'm much over 200 ml, (Around 7 oz.) I'll wet myself. If my slowly developing urge incontinence keeps going, I imagine at some point I'll be daytime diaper dependent. As I often wear diapers 24/7 already, I don't think I'll mind that either.

• Like 2

I don't know why but thoroughly enjoy being dependant on nappies. I genuinely feel for those who suffer with incontinence and wish they could be cured but for me becoming incontinent and a nightly bedwetter and dependant on nappies all the time has been a good thing. I am genuinely happier and much more relaxed a person. 

I grew up a chronic nightly bedwetter and it never bothered me and when it came back in my late 40s I decided to hell with it I am just not fighting it and just slipped back in to my old soggy smelly habit. Day time wetting soon followed. 

On 4/3/2023 at 6:38 AM, Kawaharu said:

And that's why Diapers helps me deal with the adult world and deal with the fact that I am never gona be potty trained due to my Incontinence and I am always gona be kept in diapers. It's why I am not ashamed that I am in diapers and not ashamed to be in them. I know I belong in them and I know medically I need them. Being in diapers simply helps me deal with the adult world and the stresses the adult world places on me. To me diapers are not a kink but a lifestyle due to my Incontinence. 

Me too. I have been dependant on nappies for over 10 years and couldn't be happier. I have accepted it, learned to own it and embrace it. 

On 4/3/2023 at 4:21 AM, DiapergirlWB said:

I tend not to worry about it so much.  T o completely putting it out of my mind is good enough.  Right now I wet without noticing most times.  I know i can still hold if i think about it but i don't think bout it.  I notice bm's but they are pretty automatic but most times get plenty of notice unless the ibs is acting up then little to no notice.  In my mind the more i think about it the more control I will retain.  i don't test or anything like that because it reinforces control.

as an addendum Bedwetting would be the ultimate goal for me.  If i never got to wear a diaper at any other time i'd be able to be happy with it.

My bedwetting is the best part of my urinary incontinence. I love being a bedwetter. I always have.

On 4/3/2023 at 12:39 AM, Enthusi said:

I’m genuinely curious to see everybody’s opinions on this…

When it comes to untraining, do you get excited or worried about the possibility of being permanently and irreversibly incontinent?  Daytime, nighttime, or both?  I wrote this question with urinary incontinence in mind, but I suppose it’d also apply to bowel incontinence.  

Personally, speaking, anything less than total permanent bladder incontinence (day and night) is not good enough for me.  As far as I’m concerned, simply having the ability to control whether or not I can retrain is a form of bladder control, which is undesirable.   I want to stress that this is my personal opinion, and you can make a strong argument that I’m batsh*t crazy, but it’s not going to change my opinion.  On the other hand I’m actually kind of iffy on permanent bowel incontinence.  Depends on how bad we are talking about.  I plan to be “stuck” in diapers for the rest of my life due to urinary incontinence, so it’s not the end of the world if my bowel control irreversibly plummets. Though it would be nice to retain some rudimentary control.  

All in all, I’d say the relief of knowing that I’m never ever again going to have to deal with the burdens that come with continence, makes all the scary stuff that comes with being permanently diaper dependent worth it. 

I am incontinent and enuretic and wouldn't change a thing. Only my nappy when it is soaking wet.

• Like 1

When I started my journey I did not have a clearly thought out viewpoint on the matter and expected that I would abandon my nappies in the face of any evidence of emerging dependency.

It didn’t work out that way.  Almost immediately, I found myself looking for cues that my continence was receding (and finding them, mostly optimistically-imagined but occasionally real).  At the first, incontrovertible evidence that *something* was happening to my control (a wet bed) I can well remember a curious alloy of excitement and horror but still I did not stop.

At this point I find myself looking forward to full incontinence (I'm a bit half-baked right now).  I haven’t used my continence for more than 4 years anyway so I’m well aware of what the terrain looks like.

Why?

It would resolve a dysphoria between how I feel and what I am.  As a part of that, a pathological continence issues takes nappies OFF the table as a negotiating chip with my partner and provides, as far as possible, some thin kind of air defense against social sanction.

Interesting question.  I suppose I could think about my answer a little more deeply but I expect you'd prefer an answer this week 😆

• Like 2
3 hours ago, stevewet said:

Me too. I have been dependant on nappies for over 10 years and couldn't be happier. I have accepted it, learned to own it and embrace it. 

I have been incontinent since I was 21 yrs old and I couldn't be so much happier. I've accepted that I was never gona be able to be potty trained and even embrace it.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I want permanent urinary and bowel incontinence extremely badly. I'm not working towards that goal right now because I'm not in the financial position to afford a large amount of diapers, but after I graduate college I will be ready to start that goal. I'm so so excited. For now, I really love wearing diapers and getting more comfortable peeing in any angle. It makes me very happy. 😊

• Like 2
On 4/2/2023 at 11:39 PM, Enthusi said:

when it comes to untraining, do you get excited or worried about the possibility of being permanently and irreversibly incontinent?  Daytime, nighttime, or both?  I wrote this question with urinary incontinence in mind, but I suppose it’d also apply to bowel incontinence.  

Personally, speaking, anything less than total permanent bladder incontinence (day and night) is not good enough for me.  As far as I’m concerned, simply having the ability to control whether or not I can retrain is a form of bladder control, which is undesirable. 

It's pretty important. I'm excited about the idea of becoming permanently incontinent and I'm trying to make it happen as we speak.

After long reflection about my lifestyle and my lifelong relationship with diapers I came to the realization that this is how I need to be, and should've been all my life.

My only concerns have been careerwise, financial, and in regards to my marriage.

On all of that, my mostly vanilla partner is very supportive and even participates in both wearing diapers and engaging in omo play. Financially, we're doing well enough despite some financial downs as of late. It helped that I have a massive diaper stash (at least six months worth) and career I'm doing quite well.

So without all of those concerns I have to agree with you in wanting nothing less than total and permanent incontinence. I'm aiming for bladder but if bowel happens too I'd be fine with it, maybe it will help with my IBS-C.

TLDR version; I'm excited about being complete incon in my bladder and it's so important that I'm working on getting there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I started going 24/7 yesterday, really want to lose control cause it sooths me and I know I am safe forever. I never want to be toilet trained again and I perfer to be in diapers for the rest of my life.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Diaper Duck said:

I started going 24/7 yesterday, really want to lose control cause it sooths me and I know I am safe forever. I never want to be toilet trained again and I perfer to be in diapers for the rest of my life.

I hope you reach your goal. I am in nappies 24/7 and have been for ten years and have no regrets. I have little or no bladder control during the day and none whatsoever at night. 

On 5/1/2023 at 12:18 PM, Diaper Duck said:

Like I said, people who want to be incontinent will never achieve what those who are medically incontinent already have. It's not going to happen and it's pure fantasy that someone's going to be incontinent. 

7 minutes ago, Kawaharu said:

Like I said, people who want to be incontinent will never achieve what those who are medically incontinent already have. It's not going to happen and it's pure fantasy that someone's going to be incontinent. 

I know this, I can still become incontinent just not the way medical incontinence is.

25 minutes ago, Diaper Duck said:

I know this, I can still become incontinent just not the way medical incontinence is.

It's not true medical incontinence. I know many who say they wear diapers 24/7 but they are not medically Incontinent. Their is a HUGE difference between wanting to wear diapers 24/7 and being medically Incontinent.

• Thanks 1

For some people I know who go 24/7 its called diaper dependecy and overtime weather that be years from now or months my bladder will weaken. It may not be medical incontinence but it is possible to lose control over time.

@Diaper Duck

1 hour ago, Kawaharu said:

It's not true medical incontinence. I know many who say they wear diapers 24/7 but they are not medically Incontinent. Their is a HUGE difference between wanting to wear diapers 24/7 and being medically Incontinent.

yes there is a huge difference between medical incontinence and those that are not medically incontinent. People that are medically incontinent probably cannot help doing what they're doing cause their muscles don't function the way they should or they don't have any control. Those that want to wear diapers 24/7 have to understand the difference between incontinence desire and incontinence reality. Normally happens is that if you wear 24/7, you have ways of dealing with it, and it's normal for someone to use a diaper. If you want to wear a diaper because you want to become incontinent, this is considered a functional incontinence, because you are functionally not able to use the bathroom or do those types of things, and if you choose incontinence or to be untraining you are functionally incontinent. Functional incontinence can be a pain in the neck, because if for some reason you're having problems with getting to the toilet, or you end up using the diaper, you may have to change in it in opportune time or place.

24 minutes ago, Diaper Duck said:

For some people I know who go 24/7 its called diaper dependecy and overtime weather that be years from now or months my bladder will weaken. It may not be medical incontinence but it is possible to lose control over time.

The point that people probably would make is that once you put a diaper on, and you keep wearing it, that your bladder will weaken or your bowels will weaken, and you will be diaper dependent. That is not necessarily true. Because you put a diaper on does not mean that you're going to use it, and just because You decide to do this, you have to train your brain and your body to allow the release in a diaper. this may be something you have to learn, but it is not as easy as throwing a diaper on and then expecting to pee like mad. Have to train your body to do it, and it's not something that's just gonna happen overnight, it could take days, weeks, months or years, but please remember to do these things inappropriate manner in place, and not to do anything silly that would hurt you, because that is not a good idea. Incontinence is not all it's cracked up to be and this is why I have to tell you this but if you have made the decision that you have made, then you probably understand it, but just make sure that you understand that you're not just gonna throw a diaper on and then start using it and then lose automatic control. Have to do this for a long time sometimes to get to that level, and I warn you that once you start down that road and untrained, it could be harder to retrain if you need to, so that's also something to think about!

Welcome to the world of diapers crinkling and all of that!

Brian

• Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

@Diaper Duck

yes there is a huge difference between medical incontinence and those that are not medically incontinent. People that are medically incontinent probably cannot help doing what they're doing cause their muscles don't function the way they should or they don't have any control. Those that want to wear diapers 24/7 have to understand the difference between incontinence desire and incontinence reality. Normally happens is that if you wear 24/7, you have ways of dealing with it, and it's normal for someone to use a diaper. If you want to wear a diaper because you want to become incontinent, this is considered a functional incontinence, because you are functionally not able to use the bathroom or do those types of things, and if you choose incontinence or to be untraining you are functionally incontinent. Functional incontinence can be a pain in the neck, because if for some reason you're having problems with getting to the toilet, or you end up using the diaper, you may have to change in it in opportune time or place.

The point that people probably would make is that once you put a diaper on, and you keep wearing it, that your bladder will weaken or your bowels will weaken, and you will be diaper dependent. That is not necessarily true. Because you put a diaper on does not mean that you're going to use it, and just because You decide to do this, you have to train your brain and your body to allow the release in a diaper. this may be something you have to learn, but it is not as easy as throwing a diaper on and then expecting to pee like mad. Have to train your body to do it, and it's not something that's just gonna happen overnight, it could take days, weeks, months or years, but please remember to do these things inappropriate manner in place, and not to do anything silly that would hurt you, because that is not a good idea. Incontinence is not all it's cracked up to be and this is why I have to tell you this but if you have made the decision that you have made, then you probably understand it, but just make sure that you understand that you're not just gonna throw a diaper on and then start using it and then lose automatic control. Have to do this for a long time sometimes to get to that level, and I warn you that once you start down that road and untrained, it could be harder to retrain if you need to, so that's also something to think about!

Welcome to the world of diapers crinkling and all of that!

Brian

That's why I believe those who want to go diapered 24/7/365 will never achieve what those who are medically Incontinent already have. They will never have what medically Incontinent folks already have and that is true incontinence. On top of that, they'll never have the medical diagnosis and medical justification. What they will achieve is not true incontinence but some psychological form and not a medical form. It's why those who try to go diapered 24/7/365 will never achieve it and they will never be on the same level as those who are medically incontinent.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I have any evidence for my hypothesis, but I think it is more of a case of conditioning myself to use my diaper instead of the toilet.  Since I only have my perception, I'll describe it in first-person

When I first started to use diapers, I was so conditioned to use a toilet that I couldn't wet unless I consciously imagined myself standing in front of the toilet before I could pee.   I think I sometimes had to physically go to the toilet to go in a diaper.   Eventually, and this was before I went 24/7, I got past that mental block, it was still very difficult to just let me pee in a diaper.   I didn't get past that block fully until I started going 24/7.  Now my mind is fully conditioned to pee in a diaper, and it happens almost instinctively.  Enough that I can't go without protection anymore.   However- I don't need to bring an extra diaper to work, because I can regulate my diaper usage if I need to.   I routinely have larger voids as soon as I open my car door, so obviously my brain releases control.

None of that has happened for poo.  I don't poop in a diaper unless I'm in a safe spot.  I use Metformin for diabetes, and one of the side effects is loose movements, as well as frequent.  I wake up most mornings with a strong urge to poo, and I'm consciously clinching to avoid messing a diaper.  In part, I hate the clean up, and I don't have time to deal with a mess.  I'm sure if I was fully conditioned to poop in a diaper, I would fill my diaper as soon as I rolled out of bed in the morning.   I'd also do fill it about three others during the day but in smaller amounts.  However- that still requires a prompt change, so that's not really practical for me.

My understanding to the process is: once you are conditioned to poop in a diaper without reservations, you lose complete control of the bladder.  You require a lot more diapers, because every messy diaper needs to diaper needs to be changed, and it will be soaked in just a few hours.

• Like 1

Well what do I do if I live in the desert and wear 24/7 and here in AZ gets up to 47c in june, thru July?

Could we maybe not talk about the difference between trained incontinence and medical incontinence in threads not about that subject? That discussion can be a bit heated and should be in its own threads in my opinion.

• Like 1