LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do you bring your diaper bag with you inside of doctors appointments?

The title says it all. Also, what about dental appointments? In both situations you will be away from your car for more than an hour. In both situations a (wet) leak could happen or a messy accident could also happen. Do you go prepared or hope that nothing bad happens? If you bring it in with you, is anything said about it?

Sorry - but what do you think...? Who has a major continence problem can unfortunately not choose when that fits and when not. I personally find it a bit disrespectful to appear at a doctor's office with a full diaper. So I change it again before I go in there if it is used. And if you have a longer dental treatment, then you might want to get rid of the probably wet thing at the end - and there surely do not want to change in the car if there is a toilet at the doctor ...? 

• Like 1

If I were in for a particularly long or arduous medical or dental appointment, I guess I'd bring in my laptop bag with an extra diaper in it, but lucky for me, I don't often have appointments that long. If I'm wearing a decent product, I know I'm good for at least a few hours. Were I contending with unpredictable #2 events, then all bets are probably off, and I'd have a crash kit with me everywhere, but such is not the case, thankfully. 

My dentist has to date never asked me to remove any clothing, so I don't give much thought to what I wear to those appointments, beyond wanting to be at the fresher end of the spectrum when hanging out with someone in close proximity for an hour. I always change right before a doctor's appointment, often in the washroom at the doctor's office, just on the off chance that there might be any interaction that involves "in trouser" work, but, with two exceptions so far, every time I've been invited to take my clothing off for a medical appointment, I've been provided with an opportunity to do that in private - either they leave the office or there's a cubicle you're assigned to "gown up" in, allowing ample opportunity to avoid having to appear in front of a highly-paid professional, while wearing toddler's underwear. 

The exceptions were, more recently, when a urologist and a resident invited me apropos of nothing to drop my pants for a prostate exam, and I was wearing a pull-up. They did not comment on it at all, which is not shocking, given their area of expertise - seeing protective undergarments would be par for the course, I'd imagine. The other time was when a nurse asked me to change into a gown, but then didn't leave the room, she just turned around and fiddled with the file and restocked a cabinet. That time, I had to remove a diaper as quietly as possible - I took the tabs off one side and then slid it down my other leg and bundled it up with my pants. I can't recall exactly what I had on but I think it was a Velcro-fastened diaper rather than tapes. She may have heard something but she didn't see anything. 

• Like 2

My dentist never had me get undressed.   My wife kidded me about wearing a full up diaper to the ENT.   I said if he looks down there, he's looking in the wrong place.    Unless he's like Dr. Kim from Scrubs.

• Like 1

When I had my last colonoscopy, I wore a diaper, since I thought I might wet when they put me "under". I told the prep nurse that I was a bedwetter, so I had a diaper on. She assured me that it was more common than I might think. She also asked if I had brought a spare diaper for after the procedure.  I had not, so they just folded the diaper down to do the colonoscopy, then they re-diapered me afterwards.  And yes, I was wet when I woke up. 

So there ARE sometimes when they might expect you to have a spare diaper and/or a diaper bag.

As far as the dentist... I have some dental work coming up, that will take awhile... So I WILL be diapered for that too.

• Like 1

@Diapersarecool1

When i go to the doctors, I carry my "Go Bag" on the back of my chair, at all times, so I COULD change in the doctors Exam Room, and the nurses are really nice, so they all know of my incontinence, and I think that they would help me change if I asked, so I am not too worried about that, and if the doctor wants me to disrobe, a gown is always available.

I know that @Kawaharu goes in to her doctor, and they all know about it, and its no big deal :)

As for the dentist, nothing has been said to ME, but I told them about it, just in case it matters, and I don't think it does, because a dental professional does NOT have to see my lower body to work on my teeth :)

Brian

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Diapersarecool1 said:

The title says it all. Also, what about dental appointments? In both situations you will be away from your car for more than an hour. In both situations a (wet) leak could happen or a messy accident could also happen. Do you go prepared or hope that nothing bad happens? If you bring it in with you, is anything said about it?

Why are you so concern about bringing a diaper bag to a Dental appointment of all places? It's a dental appointment and the dentist is not gona ask about your bladder issue, for gods sakes. Incontinent people and disable people don't have this issue when they have to bring their diaper bag with them. They bring it along with them because that helps them though the day. Diabetics bring their medical supplies and no one bats an eye or questions them. It seems like people who wannabe incontinent make a mountain out of an ant hill over what will people say or think if I bring a diaper bag with me. They make it like a huge issue when in reality, incontinent and disabled folks have been doing this for a long time and it's quite normal for them. I bring my diaper bag with me to all my medical appointments and all my doctors know I am incontinent and it's on my my medical records that I am incontinent and I am diapered. No one bats and eye or even questions me why I have a diaper bag. Maybe your asking these questions because your self conscious of yourself and the fact that you think everyone is gona question you over your diaper bag or why you wear diapers. Everyone is so busy with themselves that no one is ever gona notice your in a diaper unless you make it very obvious. So the question here is, why are you wanting to make it obvious that you have a diaper bag.

I have, like most here, a change bag, and do not go into an appointment as far as possible, in a wet and/or messy diaper, although I am diapered 24/7/365. Most of the Doctors that I deal with are fully aware of my incontinence.

At a dental appointment, my dentist does not go near my diapered end as my teeth are at the other end of my body.

When one is taking care of a baby / someone who is diaper dependant, when the dependant messes, the career excuses themselves and changes said diaper. If the dependant is there for an exam, all efforts are made to keep the dependant in a clean diaper.

As others have stated, it is not respectful to enter the offices of anyone while wearing a messy diaper.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah I bring my diaper bag with me to appointments. Usually it’s not needed but I would feel weird not taking it. 

@Diapered Dave That nice that they let you keep your diaper on for the colonoscopy.  I just had one done recently and the nurses  wanted me to take it off before I even got to the procedure room.  They assured me it’s no big deal if I have an accident.   But still I was nervous the whole time. Especially when the doctor was talking to me right before the anesthesia kicked in. 

When I woke up after the procedure I was still very groggy and drugged up. It’s very fuzzy but I definitely soaked myself while the nurse was going over instructions with my partner.  I sheepishly apologized and she said it happens all the time. And then i got diapered and put my clothes on and that was that.    

I always change in enough time before heading in to the doctor/dentist/therapist so that I am as dry as possible.

My diaper bag stays in the car for most appointmets, unless I think there will be a need to change.

I also wore one to my colonoscopy.  I wore a velcro taped ID slip and they had me untape it and fold it down at the back.  That worked out pretty well.

Being an adult baby, I bring my diaper bag no matter where I go. My diaper bag is always a constant reminder of why I am an adult baby and why I belong in diapers. They go with me regardless of where I am. I always have a diaper bag with me and along with a portable diaper changing bag as well. My diaper bag stays in the car unless I need them really badly. My portable diaper bag comes with me no matter where I go and it's on hand incase I need a quick diaper change.

Whenever I go to my doctor's appointments, they always know I have a diaper bag with me and the nurses know what my diaper bag contains and what I have on hand. They know what my diaper bag contains and they know what I need, incase if I need to do a diaper change at the doctors office. The Nurses that know me, know I am an adult baby and know I have a diaper bag.

• Like 1

I change in to a new diaper right be for i leave the house to see my DR. 2 of my 3 DR's are local the other Dr is 30min away but i just wear a good diaper that holds up. My family Dr, pain management Dr and my neurosurgeon all know i wear diapers. but when you got nerve issues its kinda given.

2 hours ago, technomonkey said:

I change in to a new diaper right be for i leave the house to see my DR. 2 of my 3 DR's are local the other Dr is 30min away but i just wear a good diaper that holds up. My family Dr, pain management Dr and my neurosurgeon all know i wear diapers. but when you got nerve issues its kinda given.

All my doctors know that I wear diapers and they also know that I see myself as an adult baby instead of a normal adult.

• Like 2