LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How long to retrain?

I'm at the opposite end of this spectrum, not trying to loose control but in diapers pretty much all the time and using as needed. I suppose I   might have to alter this path if life dictated in some fashion and my circumstances changed. I'm following this thread with keen interest for those who have attempted to get back out of diapers. 

• Like 2

@DiapergirlWB@carsfan

I am also following this thread with interest. I don't think being fully incontinent, that I would want to go back, because I'm getting older and it would be harder for me to regain something if I lost it. Thankfully, I still have continence in most cases, but I'm sure that in time I probably will lose it, because I'm not worrying about whether I can get there in time or not. If I can, then that's great, if I can't, then I have what I need to be able to take care of it and I don't have to wait twenty more years and then try to do the fight that I did at least three years ago when I knew that something like this may happen. I already have what I need, and the state is helping me take care of what needs to be taken care of, and I have a supplier that is willing to provide me with what the state allows me to have, and they take care, meaning the supplier takes care of, the reorders, and the recertifications. All I get, is a notice from the supplier telling me that she renewed the authorization for another six months, and that tells me when I can order again.

I know that it's possible to be able to go back, and to retrain, but it probably would be harder to retrain at my age than it did when I was seven years old, and I was already trained. I told the doctor very bluntly and very openly that I wasn't going to try to fight what was happening, because I want to live my life to the best extent possible and not worry. I didn't want to be running all over the place, and I didn't want to have to worry that I'd hurt myself. Diapers have helped me in that way, and I couldn't be happier.

For those that want to retrain, I give you my best advice and that is don't give up: however, if you find that it is impossible after a while, after trying very hard, you may end up finding that you may have to just give in and let it happen. That does not mean give up without a fight, it just means that eventually you will have to come to a realization you might not be able to retrain. It is possible, but in my mind it is highly unlikely unless you are able to do it, but if you are, I wish you all the best. Please keep us advised

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

@DiapergirlWB@carsfan

I am also following this thread after interest. I don't think being fully incontinent, that I would want to go back, because I'm getting older and it would be harder for me to regain something if I lost it. Thankfully, I still have continence in most cases, but I'm sure that in time I probably will lose it, because I'm not worrying about whether I can get there in time or not. If I can, then that's great, if I can't, then I have what I need to be able to take care of it and I don't have to wait twenty more years and then try to do the fight that I did at least three years ago when I knew that something like this may happen. I already have what I need, and the state is helping me take care of what needs to be taken care of, and I have a supplier that is willing to provide me with what the state allows me to have, and they take care, meaning the supplier takes care of, the reorders, and the recertifications. All I get, is a notice from the supplier telling me that she renewed the authorization for another six months, and that tells me when I can order again.

I know that it's possible to be able to go back, and to retrain, but it probably would be harder to retrain at my age than it did when I was seven years old, and I was already trained. I told the doctor very bluntly and very openly that I wasn't going to try to fight what was happening, because I want to live my life to the best extent possible and not worry. I didn't want to be running all over the place, and I didn't want to have to worry that I'd hurt myself. Diapers have helped me in that way, and I couldn't be happier.

For those that want to retrain, I give you my best advice and that is don't give up: however, if you find that it is impossible after a while, after trying very hard, you may end up finding that you may have to just give in and let it happen. That does not mean give up without a fight, it just means that eventually you will have to come to a realization you might not be able to retrain. It is possible, but in my mind it is highly unlikely unless you are able to do it, but if you are, I wish you all the best. Please keep us advised

For me it's all mental conditioning.  i've trained myself never to hold and just ignore when I do wet.  I am contemplating some retaining for the holidays.  Seein how much time i might need.

@DiapergirlWB

57 minutes ago, DiapergirlWB said:

For me it's all mental conditioning.  i've trained myself never to hold and just ignore when I do wet.  I am contemplating some retaining for the holidays.  Seein how much time i might need.

I can understand that fully: The thing is, if you're having to go somewhere and you might have to use the bathroom, you may not want to change diapers at a location where it is inconvenient. In my case, I have made the decision that I'm going to be the way I am. I fought my body for a long time, and I find now, as I've always known, that my body is going to win every single time. This is because of my cerebral palsy: there are certain things that my body tells me, that are normal for me, like if I know something hurts, it's a warning not to continue: sometimes I have no choice and my body just hurts, or I fall or do something that I cannot control. When that happens things hurt, and I have to deal with the consequence.

I've also fought the urge and the urges that I've dealt with ever since I was eight years old: diapers are always there, and for some reason I always yearned to be the kid that was put into them, or for having somebody that would change them and take care of me, or treat me like the young kid. I guess diapers are just something that I enjoy, I'm wired that way, and it's something that is in my head and will not go away, because the feelings are there the emotions are there, and for some reason it just felt good: I can't deny that I like diapers, and I can't deny that I'm incontinent, and I'm not going to ignore those feelings anymore. Being incontinent is one thing, which I am dealing with with my diapers, but the diapers also help me with the feelings that I have dealt with since I was eight years old, and some of the people that I've dealt with, may not understand the feeling part of it, but they understand the incontinence part of it. I have no reason to hide my feelings or my reason for using the diapers, or my incontinence anymore, and I don't want to do that anymore. I want to be the guy that I am, and I want to be able to enjoy something that is negative, by turning something that is negative into a positive period wearing diapers may be considered taboo or nasty or other words that are worse, but they really are not: they are there to help a person be able to live their life to the best possible checkpoints, and each time you use a diaper, you simply change it, and then you deal with that and you're ready for the next run. Part of the problem is, life throws you curveballs and you might not be able to control when you end up getting your bladder or bowels to activate, so it's better to have your diaper on so you don't worry about it. I still worry about number twos, because I don't want to end up doing that while I'm somewhere, but for the most part I can deal with number one as long as I am properly attired in a diaper and trifectas, so that won't be an issue.

You are correct in that training is basically mind conditioning or body conditioning. When you are a baby, you don't have any inhibitions or any safety locks to tell you that hey this is the wrong thing to do, and you shouldn't do this. On the contrary, a baby is expected that they're going to eat something, so they're going to have to expel it, whether it be urinary or bowel waste: a baby is expected to do this, so diapers are used: every time a baby is changed, it is because they are wet or dirty, and because they have eaten something, and their body has processed it, use what it needed, and then release the rest as waste. When you are training, you condition your brain that diapers are not the appropriate place to release: this is what happens when you're young, and you're coming up, and your toilet training.

If you're an adult, and you are untraining, or reversing potty training, you end up telling your brain that it is appropriate to release in a diaper, regardless of what it is. One of the things that I tell people is that if they're going to do this the first thing they do is they get a good diaper, and they put it on, and every single time they feel the need, to release in the diaper, no exceptions:  they wonder, why I would want to do it that way, or why they do it that way? I tell them that the idea here is that you want to condition your body to release whatever it is that is holding whenever it feels the need. How do you do that effectively? Why, you go back in your upbringing and you realize that a diaper was there for that purpose:as a baby you wore a diaper 24 hours a day seven days a week with no exceptions, except of course when you're in the bathroom or you're in the bathtub, and then afterwards you'll re diapered. Retraining is no different : you put a diaper on , you feel the need, you release, you change, and then you repeat. Constant wearing of diapers 24/7 will condition your body after an appropriate time period that releasing in a diaper is appropriate , and your body will get used to doing that. You and I both understand that because we have gone through it .

I can't deny that it feels better to be able to release in a diaper when you just don't feel the need to get up, or you can't get up, or you don't feel good. There are times when you go #2 in your diaper, and it feels good, and you deal with it, but you have to clean up the mess afterwards, but that is what happens when you condition yourself to do that. It takes a while for a baby to train out of diapers, and it takes awhile for an adult to untrain into diapers, so I would assume that it takes the same amount of time or maybe longer to recondition your body so that you are not releasing in diapers.

For me, I think the time that I realized that I was having trouble with incontinence was the time that I made the right decision. Why fight the obvious and try to tell my body that it is not going to release, when it is going to release. If people can retrain, that's awesome, and I support it if they need to: I find however, that as time goes on it may be harder and harder to do so, and I don't feel the least bit guilty of letting my body decide that for me. It's high time that I accepted the fact that I wear diapers 24/7, that I need diapers 24/7, that there's no problem with wearing diapers, and that they are helpful and not only do they help me with my physical incontinence or the feelings that I'm dealing with, but it also helps me emotionally and psychologically: having a nice clean diaper on nice and tight around your waist is like having somebody that loves you hugging you 24 hours a day, telling you that it's OK to release, to let all of your emotions out, all the negativity, everything that has been in your life that is bad.

That's how I look at it: you put a diaper on: the diaper is nice and soft, and it is designed to be able to hold anything to release: when you release it, it's like releasing all the bad things all the bad thoughts and everything that you don't need. It's like releasing stress: and stress can kill you! I realize now that I need to lower the stress, and what better way to lower the stress than to let my body be what it needs to be: when you're a baby, you have no stress unless of course you are not feeling well, or you're upset because something isn't going your way, but a diaper is there, and it's a good thing because you may use it. I can't tell you how important it is that I'm wearing diapers and using them, because my stress level has gone from amazing high to almost zero in less than three years period now that I've accepted it, and my team around me accepts it and helps me to support my decision, I feel a lot better, and I can focus on things that I need to work on so that I can be a better person, I'm not getting any younger, and I'm not worried about things I can't control period if I can control them fine, otherwise I don't worry about it

for those that want to retrain: I warn you: it's gonna be hard and it's gonna be tough: you will have to re adjust your thought processes and what you do to make sure that you are able to retrain. You're going to have accidents, you're gonna use your diapers, and you're going to end up having good days and bad days, but you may end up finding that it is harder to retrain than it is to untrain, but the processes are almost the same. When you start potty training, you're learning not to go on a diaper, you're learning to stay dry, when you are untraining yourself, you are reversing those inborn autonomic responses that say that you don't want to make a mess in your pants. Sometimes it is easy, sometimes very hard. Regardless of what happens, don't feel ashamed if for some reason it doesn't work out to the where you think it should. You can always come back here and be sure and safe in the knowledge that your diapers will always be there for you should you end up needing them comma just like you would need a hug or a kiss or something from a significant other comma your diaper gives you the hug every day comma and tells you it's OK comma use me comma i am here!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added Punctuation edits
  • Like 2
On 10/22/2022 at 3:31 PM, DiapergirlWB said:

For those that have gotten themselves dependent and then gone back, how long did the retrain take?

@DiapergirlWB:

I didn't try to untrain, but ended up with occasional Nocturia turning into nightly nocturnal enuresis during an illness, for two weeks while taking medication to get over the illness.  Doctor expected it to just "go away".  It didn't and turned in to occasional nocturnal enuresis after I got off the short term meds that took care of the infection....  I tried to retrain for a number of years, but eventually recognized it was never going to go back to what it was prior to the illness.... 

So, for me, how long is never got back to the previous "normal".....  Ok, you wanted to know from those who succeeded it getting back to normal....

Best wishes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2022 at 11:31 PM, DiapergirlWB said:

For those that have gotten themselves dependent and then gone back, how long did the retrain take?

Everybody is different.  How often you have a sleep-wetting, is probably a factor.

If you wet in your sleep, it follows that it is very hard to consciously regain control. 

Setting an alarum clocks to empty your bladder about 2 hours after you go to bed and resetting it another 2 hours each time you return from the lavatory should help you to re-retrain, but is unlikely to be 100%, so you will need to take precautions every night, just in case.

• Like 1
On 11/5/2022 at 12:08 PM, Wet Knight said:

Everybody is different.  How often you have a sleep-wetting, is probably a factor.

If you wet in your sleep, it follows that it is very hard to consciously regain control. 

Setting an alarum clocks to empty your bladder about 2 hours after you go to bed and resetting it another 2 hours each time you return from the lavatory should help you to re-retrain, but is unlikely to be 100%, so you will need to take precautions every night, just in case.

never managed to start sleep wetting.  I know everyone is different was hoping for a few different experiences to decide if it was worth the effort

1 hour ago, DiapergirlWB said:

never managed to start sleep wetting.  I know everyone is different was hoping for a few different experiences to decide if it was worth the effort

It's only worth the effort if it's worth it for you. If you haven't crossed the proverbial "point of no return", you should be able to do it, regardless how long it takes. If you're past that point, it may not be worth it in the long and it might be better to accept your fate.

What is your reason for retraining?

• Like 1

To be honest, at this point, I am going to be loosing my control, weather I want to are not. Part of the whole growing old thing I fear, thankfully its been a very gradual loss, so I have not had a lot of issue with it.

Mostly at this point, just got a very short period of time between the sensation of wanting to pee, to, peeing in 10 seconds, no matter what. Thus the siduation where if/when I loose control, I really do not think I will get it back. It happens that way with some people when they get older. Ahh well, lest I am totaly good with the easyist method to deal with the siduation, aka, diaps here I come.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Alyeskabird said:

To be honest, at this point, I am going to be loosing my control, weather I want to are not. Part of the whole growing old thing I fear, thankfully its been a very gradual loss, so I have not had a lot of issue with it.

Mostly at this point, just got a very short period of time between the sensation of wanting to pee, to, peeing in 10 seconds, no matter what. Thus the siduation where if/when I loose control, I really do not think I will get it back. It happens that way with some people when they get older. Ahh well, lest I am totaly good with the easyist method to deal with the siduation, aka, diaps here I come.

I’m the same way too. As I get older and older, I’m losing my ability to control my bladder. I’m at a point now where I’m not gonna be able to be potty trained anymore. It’s why I’m back in diapers from here on out.  I'm at that point now where Diapers are normal for me and Diapers are what I am wearing from now on.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, jonbearab said:

It's only worth the effort if it's worth it for you. If you haven't crossed the proverbial "point of no return", you should be able to do it, regardless how long it takes. If you're past that point, it may not be worth it in the long and it might be better to accept your fate.

What is your reason for retraining?

Just whether or not I wanted to chance being out during holiday gatherings and whether I was ready if it did happen.  I've had enough medical issues in my life that it wouldn't really be a surprise but also because of said issues I don't wanna burden some of my family with worries about my health during the holidays. 

• Like 1

Yeah I'd say the chance is still pretty slim and road rough from what I've seen, unless you really can dedicate yourself to it. 

I had (and still have) degraded bowel control where I have maybe 3-5 minutes before losing control. I could retrain by using a timer and pushing myself a minute more each day, so if you are pretty regular and can overload/practice maybe 5 times per week (a few days for rest) then if that trend were to continue you could reach 30 minutes in a month or so. Granted, I was lucky in that I (a) was regular in the mornings, and (b) had time before work to do it. But that mark is arbitrary; all that's really important is getting enough strength to induce reverse peristalsis, but I don't know at what mark that would occur. I got to 8 minutes personally, and didn't reach that mark...I gave up for personal reasons.

Wetting control, for me, didn't degrade to a point of not being able to prevent it from starting (unless you count laughing/coughing). However, it did get to a point where I couldn't stop it once it started. It took roughly 2 weeks of focusing on trying to stop it every time I sat down on the toilet before I could get that back. 

But take my measures with a grain of salt; I've had surgery in my pelvic floor area (trans mtf), and while I expected some *temporary* issues I didn't expect them to stick around. How much of that was due to the surgery, 24/7 wearing, or both is up for debate.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Kif said:

Yeah I'd say the chance is still pretty slim and road rough from what I've seen, unless you really can dedicate yourself to it. 

I totally agree on this one. The chances of ever being able to retrain are pretty slim to none. Once you in a diaper, their is no off or on switch. Your either diapered 24/7/365 or not diapered at all. Once your in a diaper and in a diaper for a long time. Your body get's use to letting go in a diaper and often times without even thinking about it. It's why retraining to use the potty is somewhat next to impossible. It's why once your diapered, that's it. 

• Thanks 1

@Kawaharu@Kif

I also agree: the term "retrain" means that you are trying to counteract something that you've already counteracted: meaning that when you started wearing diapers and you went 24/7, you had to counteract your potty training. That took some time to be able to do, and your body then got used to doing it whenever it felt the need, simply like a baby would when it is wearing a diaper because that is what he or she is expected to do: use the diaper

if you are trying to retrain yourself to gain continence, this may be harder to do, because you have to train your muscles all over again to be able to hold and not release when you feel the need. I agree that sometimes it may be necessary that you maintain continence for short periods of time, but as time passes, and you are used to wearing diapers, your diapers are there for a reason, so they're used. Retraining also means that it causes you to have to work extra hard to get back what you lost, and not only that, but once you start down the road of incontinence by choice, it is hard to undo it, much like kawaharu states: it is not like turning on or off a light switch, but I do understand that there may be individuals who want to maintain or regain some sort of continence during short periods of time when using a diaper in our location that you're sitting at or staying at is not practical. The only thing is, your body is so used to being able to release on command that it will be extremely hard to train your body to hold it, and it also depends on how long you have been incontinent: the longer that you stay incontinent, the harder it will be to regain continence, and sometimes continence being regained it's something that you may lose as you age.

As I have said previously: I have had problems with incontinence on and off all of my life: one of the reasons that I'm wearing diapers is because of my incontinence and my mobility issues. The second reason is because I would lose so many hours of sleep just being in the bathroom waiting for something to happen, that it does not make any sense for me to waste half the night being on the toilet. Having a diaper make sure that I can sleep: yes, I may wake up wet or messy, but if I'm protected properly there shouldn't be an issue here. What I decided was that I no longer wanted to have my incontinence control my actions. I'm a very active 50, and for my current stamina, I think I'm doing very well! I don't want my incontinence to stop me from being the person I wanna be, and not only that but I also deal with the feelings of being a diaper lover, and that also takes care of those urges and issues.

This is why the old adage "Careful what you wish for" comes to mind: if you are incontinent already, like her and I, there's nothing that we have to undo, and there's nothing that we have to retrain ourselves to do: and that is because we are already incontinent, and I don't think that it would be a very good idea in either of our cases to try to push to the limit where we are fully continent again. That would be like saying $10 is $10 million: it's just not going to happen: I would rather concentrate on what I can do for myself now, rather than worrying about what I gave up or what I can't do for myself now. The best way to handle the situation is to make the decision that makes the most sense: do you spend several weeks preparing for the Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's holidays, or do you just say that you will deal with it as it comes?

In all practicality, November is upon us already:this means that you have two weeks before Thanksgiving and about 6 before Christmas , so that gives you a total of eight weeks to become continent just for a small amount of time . Practically speaking, this would be impossible , because you would have to have time to retrain yourself, and you are reversing what you have reversed : if you wanted to be incontinent, you had to learn how to be that way, so you trained yourself to be incontinent : if you have to do that , you have to train yourself to be continent again, and I don't think there's enough time between now and Thanksgiving to make that practical, and even if you're looking for Christmas, that might not be a realistic target either.

I look at it this way: for 47 years I fought my entire way through bouts of incontinence, having accidents, and dealing with the times when I just couldn't get to the bathroom on time, or when it was very inconvenient. I've also dealt with being sick, and not only that, but having lost so much sleep simply because my body wants me to use the bathroom is counterproductive, and I lose more sleep at night than I do at any point, because I'm more worried about my bladder and my bowels being empty than getting the sleep I need: all this does is make me feel more tired, less confident, and also irritable. The best way to counteract this is to make sure that you have the appropriate equipment to deal with incontinence, and that you have the appropriate garments to deal with incontinence, and that you use them. There is no reason why I need to worry about what will happen, because I know it will happen: what I need to do is focus on how to be able to deal with the inevitable, rather than worry about it happening, because it will happen. Someone will end up using their diaper, people will end up having an accident, and they will have to deal with these situations whether they are retraining for a couple of months or their training again to regain continence for any other reason.

I have learned that wearing diapers is not the end of the world: in actuality, diapers are a lot better off than underwear: I don't have to wash them every day, and I don't have to worry about them: if for some reason I have an accident or use them, that's what they're for, and I can let everything out within it without feeling shame or guilt or any of that. I'm wearing diapers for a reason, my reasons, and they make sense to me, they are practical, and they help me to deal with life without having to worry so much about things that are so miniscule in the whole scheme of things: I'd rather worry about big things than worry about things that are not that big of a deal.

To those that are trying to retrain for limited periods: I wish you the best of luck! I'm not sure if you will be able to game that continence that you seek for that short period of time, but if you cannot, be prepared for the actuality that you may need your diapers again, and once that happens, don't worry so much, because at least you've given it your all and given it the old college try!

Brian

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

I also agree: the term "retrain" means that you are trying to counteract something that you've already counteracted: meaning that when you started wearing diapers and you went 24/7, you had to counteract your potty training. That took some time to be able to do, and your body then got used to doing it whenever it felt the need, simply like a baby would when it is wearing a diaper because that is what he or she is expected to do: use the diaper

if you are trying to retrain yourself to gain continence, this may be harder to do, because you have to train your muscles all over again to be able to hold and not release when you feel the need. I agree that sometimes it may be necessary that you maintain continence for short periods of time, but as time passes, and you are used to wearing diapers, your diapers are there for a reason, so they're used. Retraining also means that it causes you to have to work extra hard to get back what you lost, and not only that, but once you start down the road of incontinence by choice, it is hard to undo it, much like kawaharu states: it is not like turning on or off a light switch, but I do understand that there may be individuals who want to maintain or regain some sort of continence during short periods of time when using a diaper in our location that you're sitting at or staying at is not practical. The only thing is, your body is so used to being able to release on command that it will be extremely hard to train your body to hold it, and it also depends on how long you have been incontinent: the longer that you stay incontinent, the harder it will be to regain continence, and sometimes continence being regained it's something that you may lose as you age.

That's why I believe that once you body is use to being diapered, their's no going back and being retrained. Your body is so use to being diapered that it's gona expect that you have to go in them. You can't pick and choose when or where your gona be diapered. Once your diapered, that's it. your wearing diapers for the foreseeable future and possibly the rest of your life. I know people will try to retrain to use the potty but that's a very extreme chance of ever succeeding it. Most likely people will wind up back in diapers or pull ups. It's why, once you make that choice you want to be in diapers, it's very hard to undo it. As you get older and older, it get's harder and harder to retrain and at a curtain point and curtain age, your gona wind up staying in diapers instead of fighting it.

4 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

I have learned that wearing diapers is not the end of the world: in actuality, diapers are a lot better off than underwear: I don't have to wash them every day, and I don't have to worry about them: if for some reason I have an accident or use them, that's what they're for, and I can let everything out within it without feeling shame or guilt or any of that. I'm wearing diapers for a reason, my reasons, and they make sense to me, they are practical, and they help me to deal with life without having to worry so much about things that are so miniscule in the whole scheme of things: I'd rather worry about big things than worry about things that are not that big of a deal.

I'm the same way as well. Diapers are a whole lot better than underwear. I don't have to worry if I leak or poop because I am wearing my diapers. I use them for everything and I don't feel ashamed or guilt about being in them. Diapers makes adulthood so much easier on me and they are practical. They let me be an adult in my own way and even allow me to deal with being Incontinent and adult baby as well. For me, I would rather have a normal life and not ever worry about using the potty.

For those who are gona attempt to retrain, good luck.  

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

I have little to no bladder control at this point, day and night. I have never tried to retrain. In fact one of the reasons my untraining was so successful is because I committed to permanent incontinence! 

Sometimes wonder if I could retrain, and if so, how would it work?  I don’t know if I could.  The issue I’d run up against is I that my bladder drains on autopilot and my sphincter is stuck relaxed.  I pee small amounts every 30-60 minutes or so.  Usually I have little to no warning until BAM! 10/10 urgency (urge incontinence). If I pay close attention and I slam the sphincter shut, I have a 5-30 second window between when I sense I have to pee and when the muscles give out.

In other words, to retrain I would have to stop working, stop driving, severely restrict my fluids,  and be within 10 feet of a toilet at all times.  It’s theoretically possible. But I would be miserable. 

• Thanks 2
40 minutes ago, Enthusi said:

I have little to no bladder control at this point, day and night. I have never tried to retrain. In fact one of the reasons my untraining was so successful is because I committed to permanent incontinence! 

Sometimes wonder if I could retrain, and if so, how would it work?  I don’t know if I could.  The issue I’d run up against is I that my bladder drains on autopilot and my sphincter is stuck relaxed.  I pee small amounts every 30-60 minutes or so.  Usually I have little to no warning until BAM! 10/10 urgency (urge incontinence). If I pay close attention and I slam the sphincter shut, I have a 5-30 second window between when I sense I have to pee and when the muscles give out.

In other words, to retrain I would have to stop working, stop driving, severely restrict my fluids,  and be within 10 feet of a toilet at all times.  It’s theoretically possible. But I would be miserable. 

I know I would be miserable for some strange reason I like being in nappies all the time and like being incontinent and enuretic 

• Like 2
On 5/17/2023 at 4:50 AM, Enthusi said:

How are you with poop?

1 hour ago, spark said:

How are you with poop? 

Okay-ish?   I don’t have a desire to be bowel incontinent and yet I’m doing nothing to prevent it either.  Actually, for the last few weeks,  I’ve been full 24/7, as in no toilet at all, even for BMs.  This is a new development and I’m not sure where I’m going with it.    I’m going to ride it out and see how long I can keep the toilet free streak going.  

At this point I’d say my bowel control is “good enough”.  Over the past few years I will occasionally experience what I call  “gray accidents.”   That is to say, I planned to use the big boy potty for a BM, but it got tiring trying to hold it, so I said screw it and used my diaper instead.   I probably could’ve made it, but I gave up because it was just easier that way.   

Once or twice a year  I will have an honest to God accident where I just couldn’t hold it anymore. It’s a mind screw when this happens. On one hand, I’m no stranger to messy diapers, so it’s not a big deal. That’s why I wear diapers!  On the other hand, it’s mildly disturbing how casual I am about accidentally pooping myself.

Like I said, it’s okay-ish.  Why do you ask?   @spark

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Enthusi said:

At this point I’d say my bowel control is “good enough”.  Over the past few years I will occasionally experience what I call  “gray accidents.”   That is to say, I planned to use the big boy potty for a BM, but it got tiring trying to hold it, so I said screw it and used my diaper instead.   I probably could’ve made it, but I gave up because it was just easier that way.   

Once or twice a year  I will have an honest to God accident where I just couldn’t hold it anymore. It’s a mind screw when this happens. On one hand, I’m no stranger to messy diapers, so it’s not a big deal. That’s why I wear diapers!  On the other hand, it’s mildly disturbing how casual I am about accidentally pooping myself.

There is zero doubt in my mind that going down diaper drive for years at a time degrades bowel control irrespective of ones desire to maintain it.

After managing to keep myself clean since I was a toddler, I've had quite a few "incidents" in the last year or two.  Some of these have been flat-out accidents, usually precipitated by some kind of food that didn't agree with me.  It is debatable that these may have been avoided if I'd bailed to a bathroom earlier and that if I was NOT diapered, I would have done this.  Others have been "gray accidents" where urgency has overcome inhibition and one way or another, sh1t happened.  I don't call those "gray accidents" though, I call them "brown outs" 😄

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Enthusi said:

Okay-ish?   I don’t have a desire to be bowel incontinent and yet I’m doing nothing to prevent it either.  Actually, for the last few weeks,  I’ve been full 24/7, as in no toilet at all, even for BMs.  This is a new development and I’m not sure where I’m going with it.    I’m going to ride it out and see how long I can keep the toilet free streak going. 

Like I said, it’s okay-ish.  Why do you ask?   @spark

The reason I asked is that I've been told a variety of things on the bladder/bowel control.  In my case- I'm still trying to keep my bowel control.  I'm 24/7, but I don't usually poop in a diaper.  In the past, I had to really force myself to fill a diaper.  Now- it's not that hard.  I just have to choose to poo, and with a push- I fill the diaper.   However- most times I think about the clean up- and decide that I'm pulling my diaper down and putting it in the toilet.

• Like 1