LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Coffee Crisis 2: This time its personal!

Man, Mikey....get hold of yourself.....no, not that part.  Get thee to the grocery store & get some good coffee, and a few cone filters. High tech is too fragile. Go low tech. Keep yer stick on the ice. We're all in this together.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, le Hollandais said:

Man, Mikey....get hold of yourself.....no, not that part.  Get thee to the grocery store & get some good coffee, and a few cone filters. High tech is too fragile. Go low tech. Keep yer stick on the ice. We're all in this together.

I hate to make a traditional pot of coffee as I drink exactly one cup a day and don't want that to increase, and don't want to pour half a pot down the drain every day.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

My beloved Keurig is broken! I couldn't make coffee this morning. The world is coming to an end!

I can understand the sentiments. The other day, I had an early physical to take. Of course they take your blood pressure, so I didn’t drink any coffee beforehand. I hate going without coffee first thing in the morning. I wouldn’t doubt, if my bp wasn’t higher due to my stressing over not having coffee? My pressure was good though! And I had my coffee right after my visit. I think it’s more of a crutch for me, to have that morning coffee, then needing it. I worry about missing it, more then there is an actual need to have it. Coffee makes us crazy! ?

• Like 1

let us have s moment of silence to honor the passing of Mikey's Keurig may it memory live on :D I Highly recommend one of those fully automatic coffee machines 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone here old enough to remember a jar of instant coffee?  That was big 30 or 40 years ago.  Boil some water and spoon in some instant coffee.  Sure, it may not taste as good as your Keurig or even a drip coffee maker.  Maybe not even as good as an old percolator or pot on the stove, but if your coffee maker broke and you need your coffee fix, it's better than nothing.

Me, I couldn't care less.  I have never been a coffee drinker of any kind.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

Anyone here old enough to remember a jar of instant coffee?  That was big 30 or 40 years ago.  Boil some water and spoon in some instant coffee.  Sure, it may not taste as good as your Keurig or even a drip coffee maker.  Maybe not even as good as an old percolator or pot on the stove, but if your coffee maker broke and you need your coffee fix, it's better than nothing.

We secretly switched this restaurant's coffee with Folgers. Let's see if customers notice!

Not a coffee drinker here either.  And I don't go into a death spiral if I can't have my Diet Pepsi... though I might get cranky.   (How dare they only serve Coke products!) ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

Yep, my grandmother always had a jar of Tasters Choice for when she wanted a quick cup. 

• Like 1

a couple options leap to mind, and i dont even drink coffee:

1:they make a gizmo that sits ontop of a coffee cup, you put a little filter in it, put in just enough grounds for what you like, take a cups worth of nuked hot water and pour over it(with the cup you will drink out of underneath obviously), or:

2:if they still make it, there are coffee pouches that are like tea bags, nuke a cup of water, put in your coffee bag, you are in business, which makes me think of a 3rd option:

3:make your own coffee bags, take a filter, put in some grounds and take some food grade twine and tie it shut, drop it in a cup of hot water, you might stir it a bit, or set up a "buy mikey a new keurig" thingy

1 hour ago, feralfreak said:

a couple options leap to mind, and i dont even drink coffee:

1:they make a gizmo that sits ontop of a coffee cup, you put a little filter in it, put in just enough grounds for what you like, take a cups worth of nuked hot water and pour over it(with the cup you will drink out of underneath obviously), or:

2:if they still make it, there are coffee pouches that are like tea bags, nuke a cup of water, put in your coffee bag, you are in business, which makes me think of a 3rd option:

3:make your own coffee bags, take a filter, put in some grounds and take some food grade twine and tie it shut, drop it in a cup of hot water, you might stir it a bit, or set up a "buy mikey a new keurig" thingy

They sell tea filter bags. They should work for coffee.

Try this, skip the coffee pot, and brewing and all that....get some chocolate covered coffee beans, munch on those....

maybe not as tasty as a cup if joe, buuuutttt....it gets the job done!! ??

6 hours ago, square_duck said:

Try this, skip the coffee pot, and brewing and all that....get some chocolate covered coffee beans, munch on those....

maybe not as tasty as a cup if joe, buuuutttt....it gets the job done!! ??

Harder to take my morning meds with.

Freeze dried coffee, instant coffee...or those stupid coffe-in-a-tea bag ....things....ALL = Y*U*C*K!!! ????

I am by no means a coffee snob, but I do have my standards....and 7/11 coffee is about as low as I go. 

I also REFUSE to endorse StarF*cks coffee....its always to strong, and since they started playing the leftist-political games....I walked away. ??

• Like 3
8 hours ago, square_duck said:

I also REFUSE to endorse StarF*cks coffee....its always to strong, and since they started playing the leftist-political games....I walked away. ??

They are too strong for me too, though I do enjoy a good Frappuccino on rare occasions. I prefer Dunkin Donuts coffee.

• Like 2

My grandparents Baker used to use chock full of nuts coffee: you always knew what was going on when you smelled that, and because my grandparents owned their own business, they always had coffee throughout the entire day. They'd make two pots. One of them was a normal pot of coffee, the other one was decaf. Then they would end up allowing it to cool a little, granny and grandpa would grit their coffee, and then they would pour both parts of coffee into one of two thermoses, one being the regular coffee, the other being the decaf. This is because when grandpa had people working for him there were people that wanted the decaf coffee versus the regular, so they always had

when my grandmother used to take me places, she always used to say I need a cup of coffee. She would take the morning coffee and then fill it up, and then heat it up in the microwave and then she would be all set to be able to do any driving that she needed. The only other way that we made coffee was on the fire using a percolator, and that was awesome cause you could tell that it was based on camping, which is something that I always liked to do.

I also don't like to turn things into political grandstanding. It's too bad that there are so many things that are turned political. If somebody makes a mistake and doesn't do something right, then it's not taking care of until someone makes a big deal out of it, and then they don't end up punishing the person anyway, so our government kind of sucks when it comes to that. The only thing that really sucks is that the wrong people get punished for the wrong crimes and they don't make any sense.

As I've stated before, some of the news sources that we are still getting information from are totally ridiculous. I won't get into the political ramifications about this but I even saw something that said that official White House documents that should have gone to the White House press office for archival we're flushed down the toilet in the White House?

have we gotten so far a foul or a field of the real news, that we can't even trust that someone who is found troublesome cannot be dealt with? I grow tired of seeing everything that has to do with the problems that we see. Without going political, I just want to see our government work, and I don't wanna see one side claiming the other side did this versus the other side did that, because both sides are equally at fault. If this was 1980, this even wouldn't be here as an issue, it would be dealt with and it would be forgotten, but even if Mr trump is found guilty of something, they'll just make it sound like my intention is he's guilty, but he's not guilty. Why don't they just throw him away and move on.

Why do we constantly have to be inundated with this ridiculousness: could have been dealt with a long time ago, but we're still dealing with this nonsense and it's now the middle of 2022? It's getting to the point that news services don't know what to cover anymore, because the news is so ridiculous no one believes it, and that is because #45 was in office for four years and no one can think for themselves anymore, nor do they know right from wrong. If they do, it's funny.

I'm sorry everyone, but this is getting ridiculous somebody needs to just step on this bug and move on: lest we end up getting more ridiculousness, and it gets even worse. When I saw that I thought: holy crap: we're going down the crapper now, because people are flushing documents down the commode! It's ridiculous

Brian

• Like 1