LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bedwetter, going to start wearing diapers soon

Hi there!

I would like to introduce myself and tell about my story.
I'm a 18 yo male, will turn 19 very soon and I didn't get out of bedwetting yet. I had this problem basically all my life after I was potty trained (even if I'm not 100% potty trined yet as you can guess LOL) It got better after 8-10 yo or so but never really went away. It's a very very embaressing problem, also because I'm overall a healthy guy, very active and like to practice sports... No one could tell that I still wet the bed but that doesn't change how awkward and harmful for my self-image this problem is. I don't know anyone in my age who has this problem and also people can't believe when I tell about this issue. I still feel lucky though, that at least can hold my pee during the day, that I'm not fully incontinent. But yet, I can't understand why It did happen to me, why I still wet the bed and can't do nothing about that.
Doctors said that it's either going to go away slowly with the time, just need to be patient, or probably still remains forever throughout adulthood but in a very light and sporadic form. Fact is I have accidents from 1 to 2 times a week, and even if it's not a lot, I can never trust myself when going sleep. I can be careful to not to drink a lot before bed, to set alarms in the night for going to the toilet, all this stuff helps... But it's difficult. Also washing sheets when the accident happens is not a big deal after all, but I have been waiting all these years to a moment when this would just stop but it didn't stop... Turning 18 and still finding leaks in the morning has been particulary traumatic for my mind.

But let's talk about the logic solution to all of that (but also my nightmare) DIAPERS: I use to wear pull ups to manage my issue. I tried not to wear in the past but then I've got used to just wear every night. Now it's kind of normal to me, at least whenever nobody see me of course. Despite that, I really wanted badly to stay away from diapers. I know threre are very discreet diapers, and I would need it only at night, but the thought of going back to tape-on protection like a baby, has always been too much for me...I was put in diapers as an older child and remember being so humiliating, from that moment I promised I'll do my best to act and live as a grown man. So, could I avoid to use adult diapers and going on with just pull ups? Well, yes but:
  1. pull ups still leak... unfortunately, it can be both for the sleeping position or the low absorbency, but there are times I still wet the bed even through my pull ups, I just wet a bit less...
  2. When you have any sort of incon. problem, even if you don't use them, you can't not think about adult diapers... you know they exist, you know there are some unlucky people out there who use them, especially old ones... and you think about them often and with a sort of awe, but also with interest.

Now lately I've been thinking about diapers more on more, to the point to sort of obsession now. I started to thing that there's nothing bad about wearing diapers, it's just the awkwardness that our society stress over them. Also I think thanks to diapers I can release all the stress that my condition has brought to me in all these years... By wearing a diaper I can loose control if I want and I can feel much safer that wearing anything else. It would be an act of complete freedom. All the awkwardness of the idea of diapers has suddenly turnded in a desire of wearing them and enjoying them. And yes, also I think there's a fetish going on at this point. I like how diapers look, especialy the thick and plastic backed ones. There are moments my wish for wearing diapers goes beyond any practical need... I want to feel the bulk between my legs, the sense of protection, I'm attracted by the novelity of it and this idea of complete freedom. In just a week I discovered the ABDL community in the web and decided to post here, I'm glad but also surprised there are so many people out there that wear diapers and this fact is comforting!
Now the problem is I don't think I'm ready yet for taking this step and get myself diapers. I still feel very embarassed for it and I'm afraid about other people seeing me. I still live with my parents and hae and older sister who comes to visit us very often. My parents has always been very supportive as regards my continence issue for whatever decision I make. They suggested me diapers more than once but they still support me if I don't want to wear protection. However, the idea of being seen in a diaper just scares me out, despite it's very appealing if I just see myself alone... Then I'm just worried about this fetish growing up, you know, I'm afraid it's going to be addicting and that I'm going to cross a boundary that I shouldn't... Also I'm afraid if I get use to diapers it's going to worsen even more my bedwetting issues. I alternate moments where I don't want diapers at all or still want to wait and moments where there's nothing than I want more than a nice thick diaper.
Now I just wanted to share my whole strange situation, hope there's someone who can relate or went through something similar. I would like to hear others suggestions and maybe opinions on why I came from hating diapers/avoiding them to suddenly wish for them...

Thank you for having read till the end!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Dave1060 said:
Hi there!

I'm a 18 yo male, will turn 19 very soon and I didn't get out of bedwetting yet. I had this problem basically all my life after I was potty trained (even if I'm not 100% potty trined yet as you can guess LOL) It got better after 8-10 yo or so but never really went away. It's a very very embaressing problem, also because I'm overall a healthy guy, very active and like to practice sports... No one could tell that I still wet the bed but that doesn't change how awkward and harmful for my self-image this problem is. I don't know anyone in my age who has this problem and also people can't believe when I tell about this issue. I still feel lucky though, that at least can hold my pee during the day, that I'm not fully incontinent. But yet, I can't understand why It did happen to me, why I still wet the bed and can't do nothing about that.
Doctors said that it's either going to go away slowly with the time, just need to be patient, or probably still remains forever throughout adulthood but in a very light and sporadic form. Fact is I have accidents from 1 to 2 times a week, and even if it's not a lot, I can never trust myself when going sleep. I can be careful to not to drink a lot before bed, to set alarms in the night for going to the toilet, all this stuff helps... But it's difficult. Also washing sheets when the accident happens is not a big deal after all, but I have been waiting all these years to a moment when this would just stop but it didn't stop... Turning 18 and still finding leaks in the morning has been particulary traumatic for my mind.

But let's talk about the logic solution to all of that (but also my nightmare) DIAPERS: I use to wear pull ups to manage my issue. I tried not to wear in the past but then I've got used to just wear every night. Now it's kind of normal to me, at least whenever nobody see me of course. Despite that, I really wanted badly to stay away from diapers. I know threre are very discreet diapers, and I would need it only at night, but the thought of going back to tape-on protection like a baby, has always been too much for me...I was put in diapers as an older child and remember being so humiliating, from that moment I promised I'll do my best to act and live as a grown man. So, could I avoid to use adult diapers and going on with just pull ups? Well, yes but:
  1. pull ups still leak... unfortunately, it can be both for the sleeping position or the low absorbency, but there are times I still wet the bed even through my pull ups, I just wet a bit less...
  2. When you have any sort of incon. problem, even if you don't use them, you can't not think about adult diapers... you know they exist, you know there are some unlucky people out there who use them, especially old ones... and you think about them often and with a sort of awe, but also with interest.

Now lately I've been thinking about diapers more on more, to the point to sort of obsession now. I started to thing that there's nothing bad about wearing diapers, it's just the awkwardness that our society stress over them. Also I think thanks to diapers I can release all the stress that my condition has brought to me in all these years... By wearing a diaper I can loose control if I want and I can feel much safer that wearing anything else. It would be an act of complete freedom. All the awkwardness of the idea of diapers has suddenly turnded in a desire of wearing them and enjoying them. And yes, also I think there's a fetish going on at this point. I like how diapers look, especialy the thick and plastic backed ones. There are moments my wish for wearing diapers goes beyond any practical need... I want to feel the bulk between my legs, the sense of protection, I'm attracted by the novelity of it and this idea of complete freedom. In just a week I discovered the ABDL community in the web and decided to post here, I'm glad but also surprised there are so many people out there that wear diapers and this fact is comforting!
Now the problem is I don't think I'm ready yet for taking this step and get myself diapers. I still feel very embarassed for it and I'm afraid about other people seeing me. I still live with my parents and hae and older sister who comes to visit us very often. My parents has always been very supportive as regards my continence issue for whatever decision I make. They suggested me diapers more than once but they still support me if I don't want to wear protection. However, the idea of being seen in a diaper just scares me out, despite it's very appealing if I just see myself alone... Then I'm just worried about this fetish growing up, you know, I'm afraid it's going to be addicting and that I'm going to cross a boundary that I shouldn't... Also I'm afraid if I get use to diapers it's going to worsen even more my bedwetting issues. I alternate moments where I don't want diapers at all or still want to wait and moments where there's nothing than I want more than a nice thick diaper.
Now I just wanted to share my whole strange situation, hope there's someone who can relate or went through something similar. I would like to hear others suggestions and maybe opinions on why I came from hating diapers/avoiding them to suddenly wish for them...

There are many worse conditions from which to suffer, than wetting your bed, but although most adults don't do it, bedwetting is perfectly natural for between 3 and 7% of us.

I know that that doesn't help, mentally or when waking after wetting in the night, but I have wet my bed just about every night of my life, and it has never stopped me doing anything that I really wanted to do.

Whereas children might tease you, having learned that you are a bedwetter, most adults will try to ignore the embarrassment and probably feel slightly sorry for you.

When you start dating, you will swiftly find out who is tolerant of your problem (it is amazing how many people are) , but just drop the ones who aren't, and move on.

You are correct in thinking that wearing nappies becomes an addictive fetish, which for some can be just as much of a problem as their bedwetting, but they are sensible night wear, leak less often than pull-ups and if you sleep on a good quality bed-pad, can give you worry free sleep.

• Like 2

Hi Dave, thank you for sharing your post.

I'd like to send you to Laura for help,

She makes CUSTOM re-usable diapers that are also just like pullups!

They're SUPER comfortable and would be perfect for you because you're only wetting 1-2 times per week.

Check them out here https://threadedarmor.com/

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Dave1060 said:
Hi there!

Hi Dave! It's nice to meet you buddy! In regards to your issue about wearing diapers, I think it's more of an issue of worrying about what people think than the actual wearing of the Diaper. and if I were you I wouldn't worry about that too much to be honest buddy. Because most people associate wearing diapers with a medical condition anyway. I think it's just the stigma that society has put on people about wearing diapers in general, like you mentioned before, that REALLY makes people self-conscious about it.

And as far as not wanting to indulge in the desire out of fear of something bad happening, The worst thing that could happen is, you start to ACTUALLY like baby clothes, onesies, baby bottles, cribs, Diapers, baby wipes, baby powder, rattles, pacifiers, and baby toys!????♥️??♥️??? And I think a lot of the reason you DON'T want that has to do with the stigma of that. Like I mentioned before. But once that stigma goes away, if it EVER does, you'll probably feel a LOT BETTER about it. There's nothing wrong with being a BABY anyway.????? I should KNOW, I'm ONE of them.???♥️? LOL!???????☺️?

By the way buddy, I HOPE we can become friends!????? You just earned yourself a NEW follower!!!!!!!??☺️???????♥️?

8 hours ago, Dave1060 said:
Hi there!

HI Dave,

In regards to wearing diapers, I think the issue is more about worrying what people actually think than actually wearing diapers. I wouldn't even worry about what others think about you wearing diapers. Society associates wearing diapers to having medical conditions and medical issues. It's nothing more than a stigma that society places on people who have to be placed in diapers due to medical/psychological reasons. I simply think you have to build up the level of self confidence that diapers are helping you get by in life and get though the day. Which is why being kept in diapers, I am not ashamed, humiliated or even embarrassed about wearing diapers. I'm not even afraid if someone notices or sees me wearing a diaper. I'm so use to being diapered all the time that it's normal for me. Even at home, I am always in just a diaper, t-shirt or adult onesie on.

As for myself, I was once like you when I was put back into diapers. I was always self conscious of myself and always worrying what people would say, think or find out if I am wearing an adult diaper. Now I have grown so accustomed to wearing diapers that they are very normal for me. They help me get by in life and I never have to worry about leaks or poops. I even don't have to worry about being potty trained because I am kept in diapers all the time. Diapers do give a sense of protection between the legs and yes, they give us the complete freedom from using the potty.

As for me, I am incontinent and an adult baby. Being an adult baby helps me deal with being incontinent and being kept in diapers permanently. It also helps me deal with the fact that i'm never gona be potty trained anytime soon and I make the most out of being kept in diapers. Which is why being an adult baby, lets me cope, deal and face the adult world being kept in diapers. It lets me have an adulthood in my own way, which is adult babyhood. Which means I am still an adult but because I am diapered all the time, I am always called the adult baby instead of a normal adult.

As far as pull ups, they don't hold up very well to diapers and pull ups are those who are in stage of being potty trained but still need some light protection. Diapers hold way better than pull ups and being an adult baby and incontinent, I would never be caught dead in a pull up because I am not potty trained and I am still in diapers.

9 hours ago, Dave1060 said:

Also I think thanks to diapers I can release all the stress that my condition has brought to me in all these years... By wearing a diaper I can loose control if I want and I can feel much safer that wearing anything else. It would be an act of complete freedom. All the awkwardness of the idea of diapers has suddenly turnded in a desire of wearing them and enjoying them.

Heck yeah and diapers make life a whole lot easier to deal with. Diapers gives the total and complete freedom from using the potty and being chained to the potty. They make you feel safer and you never have to worry about using the potty or trying to find a safe, clean potty. That awkwardness about being diapered also turns into a perk because being diapered I never have to worry about using the potty and I can go anytime I want.

As for what diapers I wear all the time, I wear Tie dye Megamax diapers from Northshore and they keep me from being potty trained and they keep me diapered all the time.

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Dave1060 said:

@Dave1060

Welcome to Daily Diapers!  I am going to tell you RIGHT now that these  things you say are TRUE!  I can also tell you that the SOLUTION that you suggest is perfectly OK - If you have been wearing diapers for as long as you had in the past, and you have feelings about diapers, (sometimes your experiences are GOOD ones, sometimes they are BAD ones, and sometimes, you can end up having urges because you feel the need to get diapers/wear diapers/use diapers - if you have those feelings. chances are that you ALREADY have had those feelings, and they have ALWAYS been there, so these feelings do not go away). and this is part of the package - If you have feelings or urges, they can be so powerful, that you MUST satisfy or deal with them when they pop up - They can be brought to the surface by something that you  see, something you feel or something you  smell, or an object that brings the memories to the surface that is in your environment that is your "trigger". - once that happens, you your body will CRAVE diapers, and you have to be ready to deal with those urges, or you will go crazy sometimes - The best way is to either find a way to deal with the urge appropriately, by finding an outlet for the urge, or a way to keep it under control.

FOR YEARS, I have fought with myself and tried to figure out why I like diapers, or what makes me attracted to them, or why I have the feelings I have been experiencing.  I can tell you that in 2020, after talking to many of my close friends, and they have helped me to be able to ACCEPT 2 THINGS:  ONE: That I am incontinent, and TWO:  That I am a Diaper Lover (Incon. DL.). I am also disabled, and have Cerebral Palsy, and those are things that I have KNOWN all my life, as my disability is a given, but the WHY is what I had been struggling with:  I also had to accept that wearing diapers is NORMAL, ACCEPTABLE, NEEDED, and CORRECT - and is a RELIEF - as I don't have to HIDE it from anyone, and those that I have spoken to in my care team helped me to realize that there is NOTHING wrong with wearing, using, or liking diapers, and the feelings have ALWAYS been there, you just have to sometimes QUELL an URGE if you are in a position where you cannot deal with it at the moment - You then have to find an appropriate place and time to deal with it.

Let me Tell you:  Diapers are NOT just for babies - They can be used by older children, disabled individuals, Adults and Elderly individuals.  They can also be worn for medical, psychological. or comfort reasons, and some people have had a traumatic event, or maybe something in childhood that was a trigger of bad memories, and the way that they deal with the trauma, or bad memory is to go back to a time in their lives when they did not have the stress, or the worries, or the responsibilities, and they are/were cared for by a mommy/daddy figure - you also did NOT have to make any decisions, because they have been made/would be made for you - that is why there are people who Identify differently:  Look under the "diapers:" line, and you will see how they Identify.  You will find that all of us are here because of at least ONE thing in common:  DIAPERS - we are all here because of that one thing, but each of us has, like you, a UNIQUE story, and a whole host of different experiences. 

You are NOT alone :) You should NOT avoid the problem, thinking that it will magically "go away". This is because your issue will NOT go away, and you will most likely STILL be dealing with the issue, and all you would be doing is delaying or masking the issue or the inevitable - If you were a bedwetter as a child, the best way to deal with that is to use protection, if the standard "steps" (Don't drink caffeine, don't drink a lot before bed, etc, set alarms, etc) do not work.  There is NOTHING wrong with using protection, because some people just don't have night time control, or are heavy sleepers, and for that reason, they wear at night, or when circumstances dictate.

Now, lets analyze this:

1.  Pull-Ups DO LEAK, and they are designed for those that are voiding SMALL amounts or liquid - They are NOT designed for those that are SEVERELY Incontinent, or Incontinent BOTH ways, or that have LARGE amounts of waste to release.  Cloth backed diapers seem to be the ONLY thing that you can get, UNLESS you can prove that they do not work for you - I have PROVEN medical necessity, and I won't EVER have to use the crappy diapers again:  I had to use them for 2 months, and finally, after just FLOODING the hell out of what they call "diapers" I asked for, was granted, and was allowed to have Medicaid cover plastic backed Megamax Diapers from Northshore Care Supply - In my mind, a disposable diaper used for severe incontinence should be QUALITY product(s) and they should NOT be made so cheaply that they can't even hold a wetting, because sometimes you can't HELP but release a full bladder into it, even if you don't mean to.  To me, a disposable "diaper" is plastic backed, and is DESIGNED to take anything that you throw at it, and it should not have to be changed every 2 hours, because state medicaid says "No one needs plastic backed products". The TRUTH is that we NEED them, and that should be a GIVEN, and it should not take an act of Congress, or an Executive Order to get them, but the fact is that a doctor has to authorize them, and I don't mind that, but I have had the misfortune of having to WAIT 7 MONTHS last year, because someone who was responsible for making sure my Prior Authorizations were RENEWED, and Medicaid took THAT long to tell me that they would NOT cover Adult Wipes, because of a "coding issue" and then a "change in what they cover". I needed my supplier in NH, to push it to get them to tell me either a YES/NO answer - Once that was DONE, My NH supplier and my case manager were able to cover wipes and other necessities that I need, and then I was able to order my allotment of 90 diapers a month, and the authorization has to be renewed every six months, but now, my supplier can renew it without my intervention - cause she has all the documents that she needs to renew it in plenty of time so it won't be a problem anymore ;)

2. Regardless of what happens, IF you are Incontinent, you wear and use diapers everyday - You do that, as easy as you change your socks or your shoes, or you choose your outfits - It's a fact of life.  It may be embarrassing, or you may feel ashamed , or afraid, or feel badly because you simply cannot control what is happening - This is NORMAL - But you have to decide what you want to do.  In my case, STRESS was ridiculously HIGH, and I wanted to DROP as much stress as I can, because with all the things that have happened in my life, and all the things that cause me to worry, I needed to decide what was more important:  I had been going through having stressful situation(s), depression, anxiety,  accidents, Incontinence, IBS, diverticulitis and being in a situation when my body decided to release whenever it wanted.  Additionally the IBS and Diverticulitis would cause me to have to spend HOURS in the bathroom, and I was also dealing with mobility issues due to my disability.

3.  Diapers help me deal with my incontinence and also help me deal with the feelings I have had since I was 8 Years Old:  I cannot deny or hide the fact that I am incontinent, or that I am also a DL - Diapers are being used for a REASON, and I am not ashamed or embarrassed, because they are necessary, and practical.  Diapers also help me, because I can FINALLY just LET GO, because a Diaper ALLOWS you to release whatever you are holding, and when you are wearing a diaper, it is EXPECTED, and assumed that you need them, and that you will most likely USE them, (although some people wear diapers for comfort or security, and do NOT use them) so you should not feel "any less of a man" because you may have to or want to use diapers to deal with your issues.  Diapers are only "special underwear that you can pee and poop in" and that is IT:  there should be no "stigmas" attached, but we all know that there are people that are outside our community have beliefs that vary WIDELY.  Most people have the belief that "diapers are for babies, older children/adults that are incontinent, and those that are disabled", but there are those that probably still believe that diapers have a negative connotation, and this is most likely based on the fact that when we were kids, our parents probably wanted to get kids OUT of diapers as soon as practical, so unless a person has a medical reason to use diapers, they probably will be shunned, and that is what we have to make sure that we educate people that you don't necessarily have to have a medical reason to wear diapers, but IF you do decide to wear, it is NOT and should NOT be construed that the person is "strange, or weird, or not normal".

4.  Norms:  They have changed a LOT over the years:  Then, if anyone who was over the age of maybe 7, who does NOT have a problem with incontinence or disability was wearing diapers, they would be shunned and shamed and picked on by their peers.  If you LIKED diapers like some people do, they would have to go underground, because if they were found out, they would probably be deemed as in need of help, and then sent away, because their actions would not be "appropriate",  and NOW, for example, being LGBTQ+ is more acceptable and part of the accepted norms - Norms will have to change at some point, and hopefully, people outside the community will EVENTUALLY "get it" that there are people who NEED diapers for whatever reason, and that they should NOT be shunned, outed, or made an example of because of their choices: OF COURSE: people who wear and use diapers should use discretion on how/when/where they wear/use, so that they don't make a silly decision and do something detrimental or something that would cause someone to wonder about them.  If they do something that draws undue attention to themselves, they would have to deal with a bunch of flack, and unintended consequences could and often do result - so you have to be careful and use your discretion :)

5.  Finally, Diapers are NORMAL, and they help people in so many ways:  I cannot TELL you how much more at ease and relaxed I am, because I have accepted my status:  I don't have to worry anymore, don't have to HIDE it, and can openly discuss it with people that are in the similar position like I am - I am VERY GRATEFUL for many individuals, too numerous to mention, or it would take an hour to remember them all and mention them here, I can NOW sleep, and use my diapers as I should, and I CAN say that:

DIAPERS ARE NO BIG DEAL!!!!

There are many of us such as @Kawaharu@~ashley~@DailyDiand others who use them everyday, and after a while there is NOTHING to worry about - Trust me on that one - If you had a choice of whether you were wet, and not using protection, or wet, and using protection........what will you choose?  I SOOO would CHOOSE diapers :)

Now I just wanted to share my whole strange situation, hope there's someone who can relate or went through something similar. I would like to hear others suggestions and maybe opinions on why I came from hating diapers/avoiding them to suddenly wish for them..

Well:  sounds to me like you already have a REASON for wearing, you already know that there are people who wear for bedwetting, or medical or comfort reasons:  Sounds to me like (and I may be WRONG) you have the support of your family members, except for maybe your sister, and the TOPPER on the Cake is when you say:

Now lately I've been thinking about diapers more on more, to the point to sort of obsession now. I started to thing that there's nothing bad about wearing diapers...

I would simply say to you, that you have a REASON, you have the FEELINGS, you have the OBSESSION, and diapers would help you keep DRY and would probably BENEFIT you - so the thing is:  You definitely are NOT gonna go totally incontinent and lose ALL control simply because you put a diaper on - In order to do that, you would have to have untrained your body, and conditioned it to allow it to release into your diaper.  This takes time:  Read any Journey Thread that talks about other members stories and how they are progressing:  In My Profile, I also have a Journey Thread, so please feel free to take a gander and see what we have here on the forums, and take some time to talk to our member base, and you will see that there are many of us that have many experiences and stories to tell - Check 'em out :)

So:  You should NOT be shunned, or ashamed, or worried, or embarrassed:  If YOU think you need diapers:  GET them - You will find that it is better to do that then to worry and stress about it:  TRUST me, you will find that it is a LOT easier to wear a diaper than to be under anxiety and stress, and People DO have incontinence, and they DO deal with it, sometimes it is hard, but it can be done, and you are NOT alone :)

Good Luck!

Brian                               

Edited by ~Brian~
Added Additional Information
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, ~Brian~ said:

Let me Tell you:  Diapers are NOT just for babies - They can be used by older children, disabled individuals, Adults and Elderly individuals.  They can also be worn for medical, psychological. or comfort reasons, and some people have had a traumatic event, or maybe something in childhood that was a trigger of bad memories, and the way that they deal with the trauma, or bad memory is to go back to a time in their lives when they did not have the stress, or the worries, or the responsibilities, and they are/were cared for by a mommy/daddy figure - you also did NOT have to make any decisions, because they have been made/would be made for you - that is why there are people who Identify differently:  Look under the "diapers:" line, and you will see how they Identify.  You will find that all of us are here because of at least ONE thing in common:  DIAPERS - we are all here because of that one thing, but each of us has, like you, a UNIQUE story, and a whole host of different experiences. 

Diapers are for anyone who has a medical/psychological need for me. In my case, I have a medical need for them and I am medically required to be in them. I can never leave diapers no matter how hard I try. I'm always gona be wearing them and always gona be in them.

1.  Pull-Ups DO LEAK, and they are designed for those that are voiding SMALL amounts or liquid - They are NOT designed for those that are SEVERELY Incontinent, or Incontinent BOTH ways, or that have LARGE amounts of waste to release. 

And that's why being an adult baby and Incontinent, I would never be caught wearing a pull up.  Pull ups are simply for those who have small leaks or potty training but need some protection. They are not designed for those who are severely incontinent or are both fecal and urinary incontinent. In my case, I can never wear a pull up because I am not potty trained and I am always gona be in adult diapers. To me, pull ups is for those who have light incontinence or on a potty training pipeline and need some protection. Being diapered, I don't give a damn about potty training because i'm always gona be in diapers and I'm never gona potty train like an adult, big kid or grown up.

5.  Finally, Diapers are NORMAL, and they help people in so many ways:  I cannot TELL you how much more at ease and relaxed I am, because I have accepted my status:  I don't have to worry anymore, don't have to HIDE it, and can openly discuss it with people that are in the similar position like I am - I am VERY GRATEFUL for many individuals, too numerous to mention, or it would take an hour to remember them all and mention them here, I can NOW sleep, and use my diapers as I should, and I CAN say that:

It's also why being kept in diapers, I see them as a normal thing for me to wear. I'm never ashamed, embarrassed or even humiliated for wearing diapers. Diapers lets me get through the day and I don't have to worry or even hide from them. I don't even hide the fact that I am diapered because I am grateful that I am padded and protected. Diapers keeps me safe, protected, padded and I never have to worry about using the potty or even trying to get to the potty.

It's also why being an adult baby, I am never ashamed of being put in diapers and being kept in diaper. Diapers keeps me less stressed, relaxed and I never have to worry about using the potty Being diapered, I have the complete freedom to get on with my life and never have to worry about using the potty. I can go in my diapers and never skip a beat. It's why I turn being afraid, ashamed and humiliated into being proud, happy and confident that diapers keeps me safe, padded and protected from the crazy, stressful adult world.

I always say, never be afraid, ashamed or humiliated for wearing diapers because they help keep you safe, padded and protected. Never let people or society shame you for being diapered because diapers are a tool to help you get by in life. I never let anyone stigmatize me for being diapered because those who stigmatize us for being diapered may someday find themselves being diapered in a nursing home or senior housing community. So be happy, be confident and be proud that your diapered and protected.

• Thanks 1
Hi there!

@Dave1060

Welcome to the site....

Ah, yes, the "fun" of unexpected / unwanted nocturnal enuresis....  : (

I understand the frustration of the occasional night time emission.  You can do everything "right" and still wake up to find you have wet during your sleep. You are better off accepting the needed protection and getting a good nights rest and reducing the mental challenges that come with it.

I was fortunate enough to get out of diapers the first time (late) between my 4th and 5th birthday.  However, between the 7th and 13th birthday I had 10 occurrences during the night and never understood why it hit when it did.  I was fine until as a young adult I got my second water bed (which didn't have as good a temperature control as the first) and found out the hard way that I was sensitive to certain types of sudden external temperature changes during the night.  Third water bed had better controls, and once properly set had no issues till an illness along with medication and how my body was "built" shifted what had developed into occasional nocturia into occasional nocturnal enuresis....  So, while I managed to "get dry" overnight, that only lasted till the illness shifted how I sensed things in my mid thirties.....  At that point, I was determined to not let the issue keep me from doing things.....  Yes, it can be embarrassing...    I don't like waking up to cold (wet) sheets and needing to do the laundry, so relatively quickly found (cloth) diapers (with appropriate vinyl pants) were the only thing that would keep the sheets dry for me once it hit..... 

If you had asked me about diaper fetish at the time it hit, I would have looked at you with a quizzical face and gone "What?".  However I soon learned as at the time the second best resource list was the (now defunct) Tri-state Incontinence site list and the best resource list at the time was put out by BBIF for the Usenet a.s.f.d area....  And after putting my self back in (thick) diapers to deal with the issue, if I am being honest with my self, there is definitely a piece of me that is at least a DL.  And it has brought out (suppressed) memories of me as a  young (little and big) boy.

So, you have hit on a number of items....  And are coming to terms with "will it ever go away".  After the issue popped back up as a side affect of the illness, I spent about 1.5 years researching to try to find a better solution.  Unfortunately, I didn't find an alternative that worked for me.....

While I may disagree with the claim of 3% to 7% of the population are afflicted with bed-wetting, from what I've read over the years, I know this impacts at least 2% of the adult (over 18) population, and is twice as likely in males that females.  [2/3rd's of the 2% are male.]  Unfortunately I can't easily put my fingers on the studies that show this.  The old tri-state incontinence site had some good numbers and references.  I've also seen a paper published concerning Israeli military where all (young males only? or females also included in required service) personnel found around 2% of the population afflicted with this.  Since service is required by the country, I feel the number is a good indicator of the low side.  Another study I read from a medical survey in a city in Asia (Hong Kong? Shanghai? or?) was slightly over 2% (2.2% or so).  I also believe the condition is under reported.  So, while it isn't talked about, there are a lot more folks out there like you that haven't grown out of the issue. 

And until recently, I found cloth diapers, protective cover and a bed pad was the best solution for dealing with my issue.  Recent changes now have high capacity disposable adult diapers (currently manufactured in China) has started to provide some workable alternatives to cloth diapers.  North Shore's Mega-Max almost gets there for me, but either doesn't properly fit me, or the design isn't quite right for making it completely through the night on a regular basis.  I've actually found the higher capacity Tykables (blue camo) with one of their doublers usually works for me.  I still prefer cloth diapers except for travel.  If you are like me where when you have a dry night you wake up in the morning with a very full bladder (and needing to get to the bath room), then you will likely need a thicker cloth diaper combination or a higher capacity disposable to deal with the volume produced overnight.  For me, early onset of BPH has further impacted my issue, and the occasional is now almost every night.  (If I am dehydrated more than I should be and/or have trouble sleeping and get up in the middle of the night I might have a dry night, but that causes other issues.)

So, take care.  Take comfort with a solution you find works for you.  Discuss as needed to release the mental stress this can cause.

• Like 1
On 6/1/2022 at 4:20 PM, CodHero24 said:

Hi Dave, thank you for sharing your post.

I'd like to send you to Laura for help,

She makes CUSTOM re-usable diapers that are also just like pullups!

They're SUPER comfortable and would be perfect for you because you're only wetting 1-2 times per week.

Check them out here https://threadedarmor.com/

Thank you for your tip!

Fact is that my need for diapers is becoming more psychologic than physic, you know, I'm attracted by the idea of drinking whatever I want and tha amount I want before bed, then tape up in a thick diaper and not having to worry about anything just go sleep... Moreover, I'm triggered my just the experience of being diapered, That would feel so extreme and I don't know why I like it despite how shameful I feel for liking it

On 6/6/2022 at 1:07 PM, Dave1060 said:

... Moreover, I'm triggered my just the experience of being diapered, That would feel so extreme and I don't know why I like it despite how shameful I feel for liking it

It’s not hurting anyone. What’s the worst that happens. You try it and don’t like it. Sounds like the more likely outcome is you end up liking them and gaining a somewhat guilty pleasure and a solution to a problem at the same time. It’s really a low risk experiment if you ask me. You even have the medical necessity excuse going for ya if for some reason it gets brought up. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 1:50 AM, SoggySoCal said:

It’s not hurting anyone. What’s the worst that happens. You try it and don’t like it. Sounds like the more likely outcome is you end up liking them and gaining a somewhat guilty pleasure and a solution to a problem at the same time. It’s really a low risk experiment if you ask me. You even have the medical necessity excuse going for ya if for some reason it gets brought up. 

I thought well about this... And I have to say I perfectly agree! Thank you

My fear is related to the fact that I feel lazy whenever I think about wearing diapers. It has a sort of "complete give up" meaning with matches also with the humilation thing of wearing a diaper as a grown man... Im afraid i'm using my health issues just as an excuse more than a necessity, even though the necessity is real if I think well (Yesterday woke up with a FULL pull up and almost leaked again). I dream about diapers every night at this stage, it's kind of stronger than me... I scroll incontinence products on te net every day. Also If I think well most people don't know how is like being a bedwetter, so nobody can judge me for how I choose to manage this issue. I struggled so much with this so in some ways giving myself diapers is something I "deserve" and would be a liberation. I talked also with my mom and she's very supportive and she would buy me any kind of diaper whenever I want... So I don't know what Im waiting for at this point... But I still struggle in making this step lol.

@Dave1060just go for it.  If you are dreaming about it every night, go for it.  Most of us go through binge and purge cycles where we have incredible desires to be diapered and then periods where we may give up on diapers and maybe even get rid of our diapers.  You would be in the binge cycle right now. 

You truly have a legitimate need to be diapered.  Your sleep,  good sleep is vital to your health.  If you are setting timers to get up to pee, or getting up worrying about peeing,  you're not getting proper sleep.  A good diaper could help you get better sleep. 

Your family already knows that you have a medical need.  They are supportive of you.  I  don't understand why you would feel more humiliation in a diaper than a wet pull up???  They're really the same thing when you think about it. 

You had mentioned you wanted to be able to drink whatever you wanted before bed and not worry about wetting the bed. Well, diapers can still leak.  They to, have their limits. 

You have a true need for diapers.  Your family knows your need and is supportive.  Diapers will help you get a full night's sleep.  There's no reason to feel ashamed or humiliated.  Go for it.

• Like 1

@Dave1060

You have a medical need....  Part of the "fun" is that you need to get to acceptance of how you are going to manage your issue.  Yes, that can take time.  Especially if you are not yet accepting that things won't get significantly better.  Personally, I suspect you are part of the 2% that never gets completely dry....  Personally, I find wearing appropriate diapers for bed-wetting is the better solution till things get better -- if you are still hoping for that....  Unfortunately, you will need to come to acceptance with what ever solution you choose to go with.  If you can find someone you can confidentially talk to about this, it might help...

On 6/24/2022 at 11:51 AM, Dave1060 said:

I thought well about this... And I have to say I perfectly agree! Thank you

My fear is related to the fact that I feel lazy whenever I think about wearing diapers. It has a sort of "complete give up" meaning with matches also with the humilation thing of wearing a diaper as a grown man... Im afraid i'm using my health issues just as an excuse more than a necessity, even though the necessity is real if I think well (Yesterday woke up with a FULL pull up and almost leaked again). I dream about diapers every night at this stage, it's kind of stronger than me... I scroll incontinence products on te net every day. Also If I think well most people don't know how is like being a bedwetter, so nobody can judge me for how I choose to manage this issue. I struggled so much with this so in some ways giving myself diapers is something I "deserve" and would be a liberation. I talked also with my mom and she's very supportive and she would buy me any kind of diaper whenever I want... So I don't know what Im waiting for at this point... But I still struggle in making this step lol.

You are already wearing pull-up diapers. Does it really matter if the sides are elastic or tape on? You have a legitimate need for them and you have already gotten the hard part out of the way by talking to your mom. You just need to get over the mental hangups. Myself and plenty of other people on here wear because we want to and nothing more. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Honestly with your siduation, I would sudjest trying things like the superundies, or some of the cloth all in one/all in two options. Reason for cloth, if your only having problems rarely as your saying, cloth will save you money. Umm, the dependaco ones might work for you, spec with a stuffer. 

As for feeling like your giving up, Your not giving up, your shifting the battlefield to  give you more control over the fight.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

I know this topic is old but I just sound it. I understand completely the fear and reality of wearing diapers for nightime issues or day and night. I grew up wearing cloth diapers with plastic pants every night for my multiple nightly wetting issues. I also struggled with daytime wetting and leaking which was mostly handled by thick training pant type of underwear with plastic pants during the day. Being discovered as a diaper wearing bedwetter numerous times growing up by cousins, and occasional friend’s was always difficult. I think I handled it by pretending, to myself, it was indeed a non issue. Reality was pretending wasn’t necessary since it usually was actually a non issue being found out. I had actually become a dl by age 8 or 9 since I really looked forward to every night to being pinned into my diapers by my mom, pulling on my plastic pants, and having my mom tuck in all the edges to guard against leaks. 
Anyway I also felt like I needed to be one of the guys when I entered high school and out of diapers. I still wet every night and still leaked regularly during the day. I quickly grew tired of waking up in a pond in the middle of the night in soaking wet sheets, blankets, and even my pillow. Fortunately my mom would not let me remove the plastic mattress cover which at least kept the mattress safe. I now had to deal with all the mess, laundry, etc. and even then now my bedroom started having that bedwetter smell. I couldn’t have any friends in my room because of the smell and when anyone sat on my bed the loud crinkle of the plastic under my sheets was a dead giveaway. I think I only waited about a month before putting myself back into my nightime diapers. Sure I was 14 and a half but the diapers worked pretty well at keeping everything dry, most nights. I also still really enjoyed the safe and secure feeling sleeping with a diaper on.

Fast forward for 18 years now I’ve been 24/7 diapered and totally content and comfortable this way. I don’t broadcast I’m in diapers but don’t hide from it either. My stress level, particularly during the day, vanished when I started wearing quality disposables. I still only trust my thick cloth diapers overnight. I m so happy I became a dl many years ago since incontinence would be very hard to live with if you dislike diapers regardless how necessary they may be for you. What I’m trying to say embracing diapers if far more comforting and fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2024 at 8:10 PM, Donny4 said:

I know this topic is old but I just sound it. I understand completely the fear and reality of wearing diapers for nightime issues or day and night. I grew up wearing cloth diapers with plastic pants every night for my multiple nightly wetting issues. I also struggled with daytime wetting and leaking which was mostly handled by thick training pant type of underwear with plastic pants during the day. Being discovered as a diaper wearing bedwetter numerous times growing up by cousins, and occasional friend’s was always difficult. I think I handled it by pretending, to myself, it was indeed a non issue. Reality was pretending wasn’t necessary since it usually was actually a non issue being found out. I had actually become a dl by age 8 or 9 since I really looked forward to every night to being pinned into my diapers by my mom, pulling on my plastic pants, and having my mom tuck in all the edges to guard against leaks. 
Anyway I also felt like I needed to be one of the guys when I entered high school and out of diapers. I still wet every night and still leaked regularly during the day. I quickly grew tired of waking up in a pond in the middle of the night in soaking wet sheets, blankets, and even my pillow. Fortunately my mom would not let me remove the plastic mattress cover which at least kept the mattress safe. I now had to deal with all the mess, laundry, etc. and even then now my bedroom started having that bedwetter smell. I couldn’t have any friends in my room because of the smell and when anyone sat on my bed the loud crinkle of the plastic under my sheets was a dead giveaway. I think I only waited about a month before putting myself back into my nightime diapers. Sure I was 14 and a half but the diapers worked pretty well at keeping everything dry, most nights. I also still really enjoyed the safe and secure feeling sleeping with a diaper on.

Fast forward for 18 years now I’ve been 24/7 diapered and totally content and comfortable this way. I don’t broadcast I’m in diapers but don’t hide from it either. My stress level, particularly during the day, vanished when I started wearing quality disposables. I still only trust my thick cloth diapers overnight. I m so happy I became a dl many years ago since incontinence would be very hard to live with if you dislike diapers regardless how necessary they may be for you. What I’m trying to say embracing diapers if far more comforting and fun.

I had to endure wet sheets from being about 8 or 9 years old until finally at 15 years old when my bedwetting still hadn't shown any signs of stopping my mother carted me off o the doctors who referred me to the continence nurse. From then on I had adult nappies and a fitted cover on my bed. From then on I had no incentive to stop wetting. Like you I looked forward to sleeping in my nappies and waking up wet.

11 hours ago, stevewet said:

I had to endure wet sheets from being about 8 or 9 years old until finally at 15 years old when my bedwetting still hadn't shown any signs of stopping my mother carted me off o the doctors who referred me to the continence nurse. From then on I had adult nappies and a fitted cover on my bed. From then on I had no incentive to stop wetting. Like you I looked forward to sleeping in my nappies and waking up wet.

She waited SIX AND A HALF FREAKING YEARS before taking you to the doctor?!?! Well, I know what her first name was NOT: She was not too swift. THAT is inexcusable

4 hours ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

She waited SIX AND A HALF FREAKING YEARS before taking you to the doctor?!?! Well, I know what her first name was NOT: She was not too swift. THAT is inexcusable

She was trying to get the laundry done before leaving for the clinic? 🤣