LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The feeling of NOT being in a diaper

I don’t wear all the time. Maybe once a week. But when I’m not wearing, I often wish I was. I’m interested to hear how people would describe that feeling of wanting to be a diaper when you’re not wearing one. For me it’s kind of an anxious feeling. Like I’m incomplete without a diaper. 

On a related note, I also get “diaper stash anxiety” when my stash runs out. Just knowing I have a stash ready for when I want to wear is important.

Curious to hear whether others get this. 

• Like 1

I guess when im not wearing a diaper and want to wear one but cant. I find it annoying and try to figure out when i will be able to wear one. And depending on how long that happens i do get a bit anxious not wearing one.

It has been a while since my diaper stash was empty or almost empty. When it did happen it was like a worse version of not being able to wear one. The constant urge of wanting to put on a diaper but not being able to?.

I did recently run out of my favo diapers (tena maxi) but did have others i could use so it wasnt that bad. But being able to order them again and wear was a really great feeling.

4 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I feel naked when not diapered. It doesn't matter what other clothes I have on.

This. Thin underwear makes me feel unsafe

• Like 2

I feel unsafe without a diaper, and would never go out without one.

Longest I have been without a diaper was yesterday when I wore boxers for 2 hours.
Took me a while to find the boxers...

I order new diapers long before I run out, but I do have lots of cloth-like diapers as backup. 

6 hours ago, Dyson said:

I don’t wear all the time. Maybe once a week. But when I’m not wearing, I often wish I was. I’m interested to hear how people would describe that feeling of wanting to be a diaper when you’re not wearing one. For me it’s kind of an anxious feeling. Like I’m incomplete without a diaper. 

On a related note, I also get “diaper stash anxiety” when my stash runs out. Just knowing I have a stash ready for when I want to wear is important.

Peachi thought she was the only one feeling like this?

I feel like weally empty when not padded.. like there's something missing!! Going to bedsie padded makes me feel smoll and safe.. while not padded I kind of feel anxious and need extra cuddling with my stuffies? UwU

• Like 2

It makes me uncomfortable.  If I am not wearing a diaper, I end up needing to go to the bathroom every 20-30 minutes.  I may only pee a few ounces, but it becomes very uncomfortable to hold in the pee, which is why I was forced into wearing diapers.

• Like 1

That’s how I feel as well. If I’m not in a diaper, I feel naked and end up going to the potty more often. It’s why my baby butt is always kept in a diaper and I’m rarely ever let out unless it’s a diaper change.

• Like 3

I mostly feel uncomfortable when not in a diaper or a pull-up. That being said there are occasional times or days I just don’t feel like wearing. I never force myself to wear and ride out the downtime’s until inevitably, the feeling to wear returns.

20 hours ago, Dyson said:

This story is very familiar to me.  I’d get a diaper-fix one night per week (two if I dared risk the spousal warfare).  For the rest of the week, I’d literally be counting down the hours until I could get back into them.

This just seemed to spiral as the years rolled by.  I got to the point that even when I was IN my nappies, my comfort was tinged with low level background anxiety as I counted down the remaining time before I had to change back out of them.

I realised that my nappies made me more relaxed and comfortable and how do you divide your life into “relaxed and comfortable” and “LESS relaxed and comfortable” and not get a little fixated on the delta?

In December 2018 I went 24/7.  After a rocky start, that muted the debate a LOT.  I was ALWAYS in nappies so there was no question as to whether to diaper myself or not.  I didn't have any underwear to speak of OTHER than nappies.

The opportunity for debate shrank further about 18 months later when I developed bed wetting.  Now I HAVE to be diapered at night.

The field for debate is shrinking further as developing range and frequency issues make not being diapered during the day impractical for many things.  I expect that if this follow the night time pattern and I develop full urinary incontinence then some kind of strange resolution will have been achieved.

Oh and yeah, owing to the current world logistics debacle, I ran my nappy supplies down to about one month whilst waiting for my favorite brands to re-stock.  This was definitely a low level anxiety thing.

• Like 1

Has anyone else experienced "ghost diaper"? Or is that just me? 

These days it's just the anxiety y'all already mentioned. 

But when I'm exceptionally stressed and without access to diapers, such as when I was younger and stuck with my parents, my mind often would compensate by constantly imagining wearing and using one anyway...

I'd imagine the bulk between my legs, how it'd shift and move when I walked, sat down, etc. Even when I had to use the potty my mind would go elsewhere and imagine being changed on a table instead. At times it got to the point I had moments where briefly believed I actually was in diapers, and felt fear people would notice...before ofc reality struck. They even commented on a change in my gait a few times, despite that I hadn't been wearing at the time. 

I'm super glad I don't have to deal with that anymore...

I'm mostly not in diapers.  I like wearing them now and then, but diapers are not my life.  I've said it here in the forums many times.  I look at diapers as one of many interests, like a hobby but they don't rule my life.  When that starts to happen, the fetish has taken control.  I never want that to happen.  I enjoy my times in diapers and if something comes up on a day I had anticipated wearing diapers and I can't, sure I'm a bit disappointed, but I shake it off and look forwards to the next opportunity.  I'm a DL but don't have to always wear diapers to enjoy being a DL.

• Like 1
On 5/23/2022 at 12:25 PM, PeachiUwU said:

Peachi thought she was the only one feeling like this?

I feel like weally empty when not padded.. like there's something missing!! Going to bedsie padded makes me feel smoll and safe.. while not padded I kind of feel anxious and need extra cuddling with my stuffies? UwU

@PeachiUwU

No Ma'am -  You are NOT alone here - Since I am incontinent and a DL, I also want to be sure that I am protected, in case it is needed.  If I go without a diaper, the only reason for that would be if I was "airing out" so I don't get,, or allow a rash to get, out of control.  Most times though, I am diapered 24/7, because I don't want to have to bounce in an out of the bathroom all the time.  I also have CP, so I have trouble with mobility, and my legs and knees sometimes don't do what I want them to do - also, There are times when I would spend HOURS in the bathroom, most of them late night or early morning, and It would KILL any ability to get a good night sleep - because I was LIVING in the bathroom, so I decided to go the route of @Kawaharu because of my incontinence - I would rather wear diapers all the time, then deal with possibly injuring myself, or not get enough sleep - It's just NOT worth the hassle, and I have been having accidents and I got sick of having them, and not being able to get to the bathroom, so I went 24/7 in 2020.

On 5/23/2022 at 5:06 PM, Kawaharu said:

That’s how I feel as well. If I’m not in a diaper, I feel naked and end up going to the potty more often. It’s why my baby butt is always kept in a diaper and I’m rarely ever let out unless it’s a diaper change.

@Kawaharu 

Same Here - It's easier to have a diaper on, and USE it as necessary:  STRESS is something that I deal with, but I do NOT stress about wearing or using my diapers - I find that I want to relieve stress, and not WORRY about something, and with a diaper, if you are wearing them, most people would EXPECT you to use them if you are wearing them - A diaper allows you to release what you need to, and not only that, but it allows you to also release the stress - that is what the diaper is for - I feel strange now, if I am not wearing them :)

On 5/24/2022 at 4:23 AM, Kif said:

Has anyone else experienced "ghost diaper"? Or is that just me? 

These days it's just the anxiety y'all already mentioned. 

But when I'm exceptionally stressed and without access to diapers, such as when I was younger and stuck with my parents, my mind often would compensate by constantly imagining wearing and using one anyway...

I'd imagine the bulk between my legs, how it'd shift and move when I walked, sat down, etc. Even when I had to use the potty my mind would go elsewhere and imagine being changed on a table instead. At times it got to the point I had moments where briefly believed I actually was in diapers, and felt fear people would notice...before ofc reality struck. They even commented on a change in my gait a few times, despite that I hadn't been wearing at the time. 

I'm super glad I don't have to deal with that anymore...

@Kif

BOOM - Exactly the way I felt - Always used to, and still do dream of situations like this - I do NOT feel guilty or ashamed of it anymore - I always wondered WHY I felt the way I did, but the feelings were there, ever since I was 8 - I can't deny, nor would I deny the feelings I feel, and NOW, I don't HAVE to hide it anymore :)  

I hope you are doing well, and hopefully soon, you will be able to wear again ****HUG***

Brian

• Like 1

I wear diapers occasionally. For me it's like a hobby, just another interest. I could even call it a fetish. It doesn't rule my life. And yes, there are certainly days when I wish I could be in diapers. I also realize that there will be another opportunity soon. Delayed gratification makes diaper time all the more enjoyable.

Physically, switching back to boxers after a day or two of diapers feels a bit weird; sort of like wearing no underwear at all.

• Like 1
On 5/23/2022 at 6:17 AM, Dyson said:

I get this feeling  a lot, especially at work.  Maybe because it can be somewhat stressful.

All you can do is try to wear more often.  You can try alternatives such as a pad, second pair of underwear, a belted undergarment to pull ups.  They are pretty discreet and can be changed relatively easily.