LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

TV Guilty Pleasures

What tv shows are you embarrassed to say you watch?

My current guilty pleasure is Judge Steve Harvey. Steve is hilarious and the cases are dumb as shit.

• Like 1

@DailyDi

I don’t know if I would call embarrassment, but sometimes just for old time sake, I used to turn it on educational television, and then I would see what type of “educational programming” they would offer my young nieces or my young nephews at the time. I used to watch Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers, Electric company and zoom. These were awesome shows, and I loved electric company because they always had a “Spider-Man episode“ in some of these episodes, end it was really cool because somebody would end up getting into trouble, and Spidey would have to go after them, and then web them up and leave them for the police. A lot of the things I remember were that you were able to learn a lot of things from the electric company and for zoom – I was watching the shows a lot longer than most kids were, because my aunt who was 30 years old, and developmentally disabled, would watch these programs, and then when her nieces were little, she would watch with them.

Nowadays, the same program that I used to watch: Sesame Street colon is nothing like the Sesame Street that you see today. They “dumb down” the show, and it is supposed to beNowadays, the same program that I used to watch: Sesame Street colon is nothing like the Sesame Street that you see today. They “dumb down” the show, and it is supposed to be done that way, because it is now aimed at a younger democratic – I guess now they think that two and three-year-old children don’t understand what I understood at five or six, and they ended up changing some of the things that made Sesame Street the way it was: they retired some Muppets, they retired at some songs, or some sequences, and I remember some of the ones that used to play when we were kids. I guess you could say that it was always good TV, And I always used to watch it with my aunt because she would watch it and enjoy it, but as she grew older my grandparents decided that that was no longer appropriate for her to watch. There was one show that my grand parents forbid my aunt to watch, because it was mash, and as everyone knows, this was a show that was based on the Korean War. My aunt realized that it was a show, and it was make-believe, but eventually my grandfather found out by watching what happens, that she was infatuated with Hawkeye, and when that happened, my grandfather tried to explain to her what that show meant, and what it represented. After a while, regardless of what my grandparents would say, she would still have a heart throbbing for him, so my grandfather forbade it.

I also admit that some of the older cartoons that we used to watch when we were kids, and I mean the “Looney Tunes“ or the “road runner and Tweety show“ or some of the other Warner Brothers cartoons, that were really funny, are ones that I love to see. The only problem with this now is, that there are some idiots out there, who take the fun away from bugs, Daffy, Tweety, Sylvester, porky, and other characters. I remember when for example, the Road Runner and Wile E coyote were actually in a sequence, and either he would get hit by a truck and smashed to smithereens, or squash The Smithereens, or while he would end up falling off a cliff. In my generation, you would see a rock falling down, and smashing into their heads, and that would hurt them, because that is what normally happens if somebody drops a rock on your head. This was a cartoon, so we all probably understood that that’s exactly what it was, and it was make-believe, and it was made to be funny.

nowadays, if somebody ends up falling off of a cliff, they don’t end up showing the rock actually hitting Anyone in the head. Instead, you see the rock falling and you see while he’s standing on the ground under the rock at a very long distance, and then the rock was hit him in the head. I guess the reason why this is a big deal, or was made a big deal, was because she was like “Beavis and Butthead” how do use sequences where Beavis would see a building, and it was on fire: so he would always say “fire fire fire fire fire fire fire fire“.

I guess they thought things were really crazy, because some kids were actually setting fires, and burning things down, and when the police or the parent or guardian would ask “why did you do it“, the kid would say “because we’ve said “fire fire fire fire fire fire““. This calls into question the old adage: when is it considered to go “too far“ to censor what you see on TV, or to change the attitude of what was going on during the show? I mean, you see South Park, and you see a bunch of kids, or cartoon characters that play kids, and they end up using language that would probably be dirtier than some of the language that you hear today.  Of course this is comedy, and we’re all adults, so we know what they’re trying to do, and they’re trying to make us laugh. My question is: do they actually think that all kids believe that just because someone like Beavis says “fire fire fire“ that they should go set their house on fire?/Punch someone in the face/be disrespectful?

I think what it boils down to is they think that kids are so stupid some days they don’t know the difference between what is reality and what is fiction. When they changed some of the things in Looney Tunes because they thought it was setting a bad example, I think that went a little too far. For example, Elmer Fudd used to carry a gun, Daffy duck used to carry a gun, and other characters that were playing hillbillies would carry these big long rifles: Elmer Fudd was hey Hunter, and I believe that it kind of ruins the meaning of the show when you have Elmer walking around and he can’t use a gun anymore, because someone is worried about what their kids are gonna do. I’m not sure if this is going to solve the problem, but I wish somebody would realize that when you start screwing around with something like Looney Tunes, that’s like saying “we don’t want you to watch cartoons they’re too violent” and these are Looney Tunes – Looney Tunes are not violent - I mean come on, there are probably a lot of different shows on TV that could be violent, but are not – they are made violent only because somebody tries to mimic something they see on TV, and even though cartoons and TV can be real, and sometimes bad things happen, this should not mean that old time staples like Looney Tunes Should be “disemboweled” of the pieces that make them unique:  I mean what would happen if Yosemite Sam, and Bugs Bunny we’re going to run that particular skit where they we’re picking on each other: and after Sam gets done, you know that Bus Says “ hey wait a minute partner you can’t use words like that Dems fighting words!“ Then Sam says “yeah Dems fighting words“.

how far are people willing to go to “cleanse“ the old style cartoons that we grew up with Colin by “we are mean people that are probably Born between 1970 and 1989. Sometimes it’s best to just leave some of these particular programs alone, because Mel Blank and his son Noel, and all the people that worked there, did that because he wanted to make people laugh, and use this talent to help people enjoy something. I wish that people would understand that a cartoon is a cartoon, and reality is reality. If someone’s going to take a long gun and go out and shoot someone because Sam and bugs are saying I dare you to cross the line, and they keep doing it until Sam falls down, does that mean that somebody should go do it, and jump off a cliff?

I admit it: I like old cartoons, I like older shows, especially ones like: Dragnet, Adam 12, emergency, chips, and other shows that were on when I was a kid. I was 12 in 1984, and I remember some of the good shows that used to be on on Saturday nights. I also like Saturday night shows back then, because sometimes I will be at my grandmothers house in Saint Johnsbury, and we would be able to watch the Friday night shows, Lawrence Welk, love boat, and other types of shows – this is because I didn’t have to get up Friday night and Saturday night very early in the morning, so that means I could sleep in, so I could stay up later. I can understand why people want shows to be family friendly, and not be so violent, but when they end up messing with the Looney Tunes, then they cross the line in my opinion..

since Mikey asked a question like this: I asked the following question: when do you think it crosses the line when someone wants to “cleanse children shows“ by removing fake guns and other types of things? Do you think it ruins the whole show, because you can’t see a rock hit someone in the head from Close Range like we did in the 70s?

Brian

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, spoonchicken said:

Yup....exactly

@spoonchicken

Yes, because there’s actually nothing good on TV that is actually halfway decent to watch. I do the same thing and do use Amazon and YouTube on a daily basis. My iPad doesn’t go too far away for me, and usually when I’m watching something that is her either a movie that I rented that I have in my iTunes library, something that I have on Amazon prime, or something I’m watching on YouTube. If it’s not YouTube, it’s one of my movies I have on DVD. TV is taking a dive in quality, that’s why most of 2020, 3/4 of 2021, and a little bit of 2022, I didn’t even turn my cable box on. My box was so out of it, that I had to have it replaced because apparently it malfunctioned.

sometimes I wonder if these people that make movies and TV shows know what good TV is: I guess it depends on what generation you come from: me being from the 70s, then there is some shows that I really like, but others that are in the 80s the 90s or the 2000s may have other shows that they like. Not putting down any shows that are not from my generation, but I guess I have an affection for the older TV – when something was actually funny, or when somebody did A good job with the show, or the way it was written, or the way it was shot, or the people that act in it. We seem to be losing actors from these type of shows at an alarming rate, and it is unfortunate, because there’s a lot of good people that we have lost, and there are a lot of people that are still in the business, which the younger people can learn from.

As Archie bunker and Edith Bunker would say: “those were the days“ never to be repeated again but always to be remembered and cherished – I guess I’m sappy because I like the older stuff, but I can’t help it.

Brian

6 hours ago, Apache Raccoon said:

Can't think of a show I feel is a guilty pleasure

I do enjoy shows like Bluey and My Little Pony if they count?

Hi Ashy! LOVE you so much buddy!!! I promise you I will return soon!???♥️????????♥️???????

• Like 1
12 hours ago, dlsafrica said:

Steve Harvey has a legal degree qualification?

Anyway... 29 years of Days Of Our Lives (in 26 years.. here we were 3 years behind and I caught that up in a few months)

No, no he does not. :10_EmoticonsHDcom:

I would not say I have any as my tv has a child lock pin and I don’t know it

even work colleagues I trust  know I watch pawpatrol and my tv is locked 

my Netflix account is locked to children and so is my you tube 

20 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@spoonchicken

Yes, because there’s actually nothing good on TV that is actually halfway decent to watch. I do the same thing and do use Amazon and YouTube on a daily basis. My iPad doesn’t go too far away for me, and usually when I’m watching something that is her either a movie that I rented that I have in my iTunes library, something that I have on Amazon prime, or something I’m watching on YouTube. If it’s not YouTube, it’s one of my movies I have on DVD. TV is taking a dive in quality, that’s why most of 2020, 3/4 of 2021, and a little bit of 2022, I didn’t even turn my cable box on. My box was so out of it, that I had to have it replaced because apparently it malfunctioned.

sometimes I wonder if these people that make movies and TV shows know what good TV is: I guess it depends on what generation you come from: me being from the 70s, then there is some shows that I really like, but others that are in the 80s the 90s or the 2000s may have other shows that they like. Not putting down any shows that are not from my generation, but I guess I have an affection for the older TV – when something was actually funny, or when somebody did A good job with the show, or the way it was written, or the way it was shot, or the people that act in it. We seem to be losing actors from these type of shows at an alarming rate, and it is unfortunate, because there’s a lot of good people that we have lost, and there are a lot of people that are still in the business, which the younger people can learn from.

As Archie bunker and Edith Bunker would say: “those were the days“ never to be repeated again but always to be remembered and cherished – I guess I’m sappy because I like the older stuff, but I can’t help it.

Brian

I'n not one for watching my movies on small screens, I prefer large movie like screens.

Just before the pandemic I bought a 75" 4K, and moved my 55" into the bedroom.

The big set was worth every cent I paid for it, I wouldn't change a thing about it.

• Like 1

Euphoria has my attention right now. It makes the high school I went to look like a daycare. I think it may be slowly giving my wife the impression that having a husband who wears diapers is not the weirdest thing going on in the world, however. 

• Like 1

Not much I have wanted to watch on TV in recent years.  No Sit-Coms.  I never liked the Big Bang Theory, Two Broke Girls (filthy show) and most shows.  I like some of the shows from the 1960's, I do sometimes watch Ed Sullivan when they show old shows but what I watch I'm really not embarrassed to tell others about.  If I think it's a stupid show, I won't watch it.  If I watch a show it's because I think it's a great show, I like it, and nothing to be embarrassed about.

• Thanks 1

Anything on the CW.

I used to stay current on The Flash and the Arrowverse.  All good 1st seasons,  but then...

Watched all of Supernatural.  That didn't feel bad until way late in the run.

Anyone seen Grimm. It's terrible. 

He-man, Thundercats, GI Joe.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Amber's Boy said:

Anything on the CW.

I used to stay current on The Flash and the Arrowverse.  All good 1st seasons,  but then...

Watched all of Supernatural.  That didn't feel bad until way late in the run.

Anyone seen Grimm. It's terrible. 

He-man, Thundercats, GI Joe.

I LOVE all the Arrowverse shows!!!!☺️????♥️??????♥️ I've seen all of them, and I still continue to watch them to THIS very day.☺️ I also like WWE, AEW, impact Wrestling, Ring of Honor wrestling, New Japan pro Wrestling, and The Dark Side of the Ring. And anything cartoons!!!!!? I ESPECIALLY, LOVE it when the characters turn into babies on the different TV shows!??? I also LOVE anything marvel and DC!??☺️♥️

I still watch those last 3.  Over and over.  The GI Joe mini movie is awesome.

4 minutes ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

I LOVE all the Arrowverse shows!!!!☺️????♥️??????♥️ I've seen all of them, and I still continue to watch them to THIS very day.☺️ I also like WWE, AEW, impact Wrestling, Ring of Honor wrestling, New Japan pro Wrestling, and The Dark Side of the Ring. And anything cartoons!!!!!? I ESPECIALLY, LOVE it when characters turn into babies on the different TV shows!??? I also LOVE anything marvel and DC!??☺️♥️

No offense intended.

I would definitely feel guilty about WWE.  I set-up for them once.  Met Hulk Hogan, and The Undertaker.  Cool dudes.  Guys you might wanna hang out with.

I want to say that I met the Ultimate Warrior too.  I'll be damned though, he might have been dead by then, and I can't recall who else I met.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Amber's Boy said:

I still watch those last 3.  Over and over.  The GI Joe mini movie is awesome.

No offense intended.

I would definitely feel guilty about WWE.  I set-up for them once.  Met Hulk Hogan, and The Undertaker.  Cool dudes.  Guys you might wanna hang out with.

I want to say that I met the Ultimate Warrior too.  I'll be damned though, he might have been dead by then, and I can't recall who else I met.

Wow, that's awesome buddy! I'm so jealous! LOL!???? Did I ever tell you I met Randy Orton?!? He was SO cool!!!!???