LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Jeans vs Sweat Pants for Discretion

The title says it all really. 

I feel pretty confident that my jeans hide my diapers well. 

My sweat pants do as well but because sweat pants come in S, M, L, Etc I wear a size large which is about right but they hug my butt a little. I can't go to a XL b/c they'd be to long. 

The front how ever seem more discrete than jeans.

I really don't think anyone would know either way but I worry about a larger diaper sagging below my shirt line, especially in the back. 

So do you prefer jeans or sweat pants (assuming a situation where either would be appropriate).

Definitely jeans for me, when I'm away from the house. I feel like the stiffer material constrains the diaper a bit better, whereas sweat pants hang over a diaper very well, but if you bend over or you're getting out of a car or whatever, and the material gets pulled up against the diaper, it will show more of a bulge. Also, I find most diapers are quieter under jeans than under sweats.

Around the house, if it's just me and my wife, then I don't mind wearing sweat pants or athletic pants over a diaper - it's very comfortable. If the kids are around then I have some heavier, oversized pajama pants that do a good job if I'm in "bumming around the house" mode. 

As far as keeping your diaper from becoming visible at your shirt line, for me, the key is a onesie - a diaper shirt or a snap t-shirt is they type I'm talking about. Mine look like black t-shirts but they have a snap crotch on them. They make all the difference - I can bend over or squat down with a diaper on, say, while working on a car with a buddy, or installing tiles, or whatever, and I know the waist of my diaper isn't going to rise up over the top of my jeans. 

• Like 2

Jeans are far more descreet. They are a heavier material, and more form fitting than sweats, so they support a wet diaper, and help a bit in avoiding sags. Sweats offer no support, so what ever is happening inside....will show on the outside..  ??

12 hours ago, Stroller said:

This winter I are mainly wearing...

...dungarees.

Is that because you have "dung" in them?

Jeans for me.  I don't think I even own sweat pants and jeans totally hide a normal store brand diaper.  With premium diapers it's not quite as discreet, more bulk but still OK to wear out and I doubt anyone would notice - and I wear my normal size, never get larger sized ones.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

Is that because you have "dung" in them?

Jeans for me.  I don't think I even own sweat pants and jeans totally hide a normal store brand diaper.  With premium diapers it's not quite as discreet, more bulk but still OK to wear out and I doubt anyone would notice - and I wear my normal size, never get larger sized ones.

Agreed. I do own sweat pants that I use under my footed jammies when feeling extra cold. Jeans are the size I'd normally wear regardless of diaper.

Diaper show a lot easier in my too large sweatpants than in my everyday jeans. 
If I bend over its easy to see I'm wearing.
I use sweatpants as a quick dressing for when I need to open door or other stuff at home. 

• Like 1

I miss the days when I was little and had toddler/baby clothes! I remember the pants and shorts would always have extra room in the front and back for your diapies and I and I loved that. Plus they had no zipper and button. Which made diaper changes very easy. I always loved it when my Mom would take off my jeans or shorts exposing my big bulking thick crinkly diaper! Then gave me a nice big diapie change, with warm baby wipes and plenty of baby powder!???????☺️???????❤️ It was heaven! ???? Ugh! I felt like such an baby!!!!!?☺️???❤️?????????❤️?????❤️??? I always liked and enjoyed my diapies sticking out of my pants!?????

• Like 1

I'd say it depends a lot on the material and the cut of the pants. Jeans- especially guy jeans- can be of a thicker material than sweat pants. But others already mentioned this.? And jeans also help to hide diaper sag while sweat pants don't. Unless it's those skinny/ tight cut jeans made of stretchy jean material (super comfy but nothing like the thick denim of guy's jeans). That stretchy skinny leg denim is a little more supportive than sweat pants, but will definitely show diaper bulge. Long/ baggy top takes care of that though. Or a baggy off the shoulder sweater.  Sweat pants are my favorite loungewear but don't do much to help hide bulky diapers or swollen, soggy diapers. (but a onesie under the sweatpants helps with diaper sag).  Leggings are also in this category...but see long/ loose top to cover that up. If I can't wear a onesie to help with diaper sag, I do prever jeans for out and about to help hide the diaper. 

• Like 1

Given only those two options, in general, I would recommend jeans. As others have said, jeans constrain the diaper more and generally make it a bit quieter.

In practice, I don't wear jeans, specifically because they do constrain the diaper; I'm severely incontinent and consequently I am a bit uncomfortable with having my diapers squashed. I wear either dresses or overalls. If I need to look like I'm wearing normal jeans, I put outerwear over the top half of the overalls, such as a hoodie (my ability to do this is obviously dependant on the weather).

Between jeans and sweatpants, I will pick jeans, but whenever possible I do like to wear shorts instead.  While wearing shorts is more comfortable, living in Las Vegas allows for shorts almost all year long.  What I have found in regards to wearing sweat pants, dress slacks, jeans and shorts good and bad is as follows:

With sweat pants they are either very lose in which cased they do not help keep you diaper up with can leave you in a situation where the diaper will sag and could slip down and become very noticeable.  If you wear tighter sweats or leggings, it will be very noticeable with the outline of the diaper but will hold in place very well.  There is also an issue with either reaching up for something or bending over where you may leave your diapers exposed to the public without even noticing when it happens!

With dress pants they tend to be more form fitting and made of thinner material than sweats or jeans, which makes it very noticeable if you are wearing diapers but does hold the diapers in place.  You also tend to wear a belt so the chance of the top of your diaper being exposed is very low.  I know that if I try to put on dress pants, I can easily notice I am wearing a diaper from both behind with the extra padding, and from in front with the extra bulge.  The funny thing is I can thing back on how many times when I was younger I would see a guy or woman wearing pants where it appeared that they had a large unnatural bulge at the front of their pants, but in truth it was likely they were wearing diapers. 

With jeans they tend to be form fitting but made of thicker material so it isn't that likely you will notice the diapers from behind.  The thicker material and belt will also help in regards to holding your diaper in place.  The only negative is that you will have a noticeable bulge in the front of your jeans where your diaper tends to bunch up which will become more noticeable after you have used your diaper and it expands.  The longer you wait the more noticeable it becomes.  In truth this is the safest bet to wear, and if you wear lose fitting jeans, it will be far less noticeable.

What I like to wear the most is short even while I understand they are the riskiest thing to wear when it comes to being exposed.  I like the comfort of shorts when wearing a diaper compared to the restriction of pants that sometimes make my diaper feel too tight.  The positive is they are very easy to put on or take off from over my diapers, they also make it much easier to change in my car if I have an emergency where I need to change my diaper.  The negative is that it can be very noticeable under your shorts either from the outline from behind, the bulge in the front, or the sag when diapers get wet.  If your diapers start to sag this can make it very noticeable with your shorts hanging down oddly or even in some cases where the underway sags down and becomes exposed around your shorts.  I did have one time where my diaper was sagging last week and I was picking up a prescription at CVS and I noticed that my diaper was sagging so much that I had to hold them up through my shorts and go back to the car and change because it was obvious that people in the store could see what was happening and I didn't have the option of hold them up while I waited to pick up my medicine.  Shorts are the most comfortable, but you better expect that every once in a while someone will notice you are wearing diapers.

• Like 1

For me, it's jeans, always. During the winter I will wear flannel lined "insulated" jeans. They are much warmer for when I have to go outside. As a side benefit, when my diaper leaks, the flannel seems to absorb it first and I have to be REALLY wet for it to show through. That has given me enough time to discretely change my diaper, usually.

On 12/22/2021 at 9:00 PM, Little Sherri said:

Definitely jeans for me, when I'm away from the house. I feel like the stiffer material constrains the diaper a bit better, whereas sweat pants hang over a diaper very well, but if you bend over or you're getting out of a car or whatever, and the material gets pulled up against the diaper, it will show more of a bulge. Also, I find most diapers are quieter under jeans than under sweats.

Around the house, if it's just me and my wife, then I don't mind wearing sweat pants or athletic pants over a diaper - it's very comfortable. If the kids are around then I have some heavier, oversized pajama pants that do a good job if I'm in "bumming around the house" mode. 

As far as keeping your diaper from becoming visible at your shirt line, for me, the key is a onesie - a diaper shirt or a snap t-shirt is they type I'm talking about. Mine look like black t-shirts but they have a snap crotch on them. They make all the difference - I can bend over or squat down with a diaper on, say, while working on a car with a buddy, or installing tiles, or whatever, and I know the waist of my diaper isn't going to rise up over the top of my jeans. 

with you 100%.

• 2 weeks later...

I think jeans do better so long as they’re not too skinny. The heavier fabric suppresses the noise better and is less likely to show what’s underneath if they’re a traditional fit