LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First time diapered in public

So today I decided that for the first time (first since my toddler years, anyway), I'd go out in public with a diaper on. 

I chose an Abena L4 Air plus for this, put some boxer briefs over it, a simple white onesie, pair of jeans that are rather loose for my usual preference, a plain white polo, sweatshirt and my winter jacket, which is long but doesn't cover my butt completely, only about 2/3 down, but I didn't feel too obvious or self conscious.

I went out shortly after noon to do some errands and to get a preventive covid test.

It was a really nice feeling. Both physically (the padding and warmth) and emotionally (the excitement of doing something I'm "not supposed to").

At first I thought I wouldn't risk wetting, for that would make the diaper swell and make a perhaps (more) noticable bulge, plus even when dry it did already make me walk with a bit of a waddling gait, which wouldn't get any better, and god forbid if it leaked, that would be super awkward...

But as I was waiting outside the testing place, I felt the need to let out a little dribble, so I just went for it, and boy did it feel good. Then peed again as I was riding on a tram. 

The L4 didn't fail me, and as I got home I kept it on and peed multiple more times in it, until about 18:30, when I went to shower and change into my super thick night diaper setup.

In conclusion, this was definitely an interesting new experience that I will be repeating in the future.

• Like 5

...I've been going out diapered in public for probably 3yrs or so now. Yeah, I'll too wear looser jeans or dark sweatpants. I mainly wear cloth diapers too, but I have thinner & thicker ones that I switch around depending upon the situation. One time I was shopping with the wife & MIL and ended up at a Longhorn's Steakhouse. Had a nighttime cloth diaper on & plastic pants and was wetting myself when the waitress was taking my order-it was f'kin great!!!

...another thing too. 95% of people have their noses glued to their iphones, smartphones or whatever and no one will notice as long as YOU don't act creepy or act like your trying to hide something. Just go about your business and act normal and no one will say anything to you. Yeah, I may have had a time or two I might have been a "little bulky", but even if you slyly notice someone looking or staring, they won't say anything. Remember, they might "assume" you're wearing an incontinent brief, diaper or whatever-but only you know for sure.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, DiapersOfTheStorm said:

So today I decided that for the first time (first since my toddler years, anyway), I'd go out in public with a diaper on. 

I chose an Abena L4 Air plus for this, put some boxer briefs over it, a simple white onesie, pair of jeans that are rather loose for my usual preference, a plain white polo, sweatshirt and my winter jacket, which is long but doesn't cover my butt completely, only about 2/3 down, but I didn't feel too obvious or self conscious.

I went out shortly after noon to do some errands and to get a preventive covid test.

It was a really nice feeling. Both physically (the padding and warmth) and emotionally (the excitement of doing something I'm "not supposed to").

At first I thought I wouldn't risk wetting, for that would make the diaper swell and make a perhaps (more) noticable bulge, plus even when dry it did already make me walk with a bit of a waddling gait, which wouldn't get any better, and god forbid if it leaked, that would be super awkward...

But as I was waiting outside the testing place, I felt the need to let out a little dribble, so I just went for it, and boy did it feel good. Then peed again as I was riding on a tram. 

The L4 didn't fail me, and as I got home I kept it on and peed multiple more times in it, until about 18:30, when I went to shower and change into my super thick night diaper setup.

In conclusion, this was definitely an interesting new experience that I will be repeating in the future.

The first time is always cool.  FTR- so is the 2nd time, and the 3rd time.   FTR- I might be close 4k now (about 10 years, but sometimes I don't appear in public).

I actually never felt the rush about just wearing in public.  I did feel the rush when I wet in public, and that was a learning experience.   You eventually learn when a diaper could fail- and how best to avoid fails. 

Another hurdle is when you leak in public.  FTR- the half-moon damp spots should be a dead give-away, and NOBODY will pay attention (at least strangers).

I want to commend you, because learning to accept this as integral part of who you are is a huge step,   We each have our own journey, but this is a big step for.

I've been doing it for 40+ years.  Never had any issues and I just wear my normal clothes and jeans.  I even spent 4 days of my summer vacation diapered in Betterdry, Abena L4 plastic backed and even Mega Max under my shorts at all the tourist attractions.  I am more comfortable wearing out of town like when I go Christmas shopping just in case I run into anyone I know and if I wear around my own town to the grocery store, it's a low profile store brand.  So far no one has seemed to notice a thing and they won't.  Even if they do, I don't really care if a stranger out of town that I'll probably never see again notices I am wearing diapers under my jeans or shorts.  Like babypb said, "95% of people have their noses glued to their iphones, smartphones or whatever and no one will notice as long as YOU don't act creepy or act like your trying to hide something. Just go about your business and act normal and no one will say anything to you".

I do have one theory though.  Strangers won't even give you a passing glance, however people you know, especially those you know well will always pick you out of a crowd in a store and often come up to you to say "Hi" or chat a bit.  People you know will get to know what you regularly look like, and if you are wearing baggier clothing or a bulky diaper under your jeans they might subconsciously be nagged that something about you just isn't right.  Eventually that nagging might surface to a conscious level and it might suddenly dawn on them that you look bulkier in the pants and they might start looking you over more closely and wondering.  That's the one reason I don't usually wear diapers around my own town where I might run into friends and coworkers who see me all the time.

I was initially a bit nervous about wearing diapers in public, but I quickly found out that no one seems to notice that I am wearing one underneath my normal clothing. After doing this for over a decade, I have also gotten to the point where I don’t care if someone notices I am wearing a diaper (again, as far as I can tell, no one has noticed).

• Like 1

I wear them out in public,  on occasion and no one has ever noticed.   I wear loose jeans and a long shirt that pretty much covers my butt. I've never had any problems doing it. 

I've never pooped in public. 

I now wear all the time away from home. I was reluctant at first but tried it with success. Boy, is it handy while grocery shopping with Mom. I don't have to stop  halfway down an aisle and look for the bathroom. And if we have to make several stops on the way home that's even handier.

I started wearing in 2019, and I have even gone so far in 2021 as to go to a public place, A local pharmacy, and then for some reason my stomach decided “it’s time to release“ and I was like “darn I have to release“ then I realized that I had a diaper on, and I said just like @Evelyn Dellcerrotold me, that if you have a diaper on you can use it and you should use it.  And I did use the diaper: I then came home and waited about an hour, and then changed it. As I said in a prior post, because of the Covid Ness going around, some bathrooms are not available to the public. If that is the case, I would rather use my own bathroom, or use a diaper rather than having to go into a public bathroom being used by somebody else, which is filthy dirty. When I mean filthy dirty, I mean filthy dirty - A Place that I do not want to use!  I am sure that EVE would agree that if you have a diaper on, it is cleaner than most public bathrooms. I have this wicked bad nightmare sometimes of having to use a bathroom, and I am in the subway, and the train brings me into a bunch of public bathrooms, and each of them are dirtier than the last, and the smell is ridiculous, and the bathrooms are not maintained. In this case, I don’t believe it would’ve been safe to use the bathrooms in my dreams, because you could end up getting sick or having a problem. Using a diaper is a lot cleaner than a lot of the bathrooms that I have seen around here. The only exception really, is the one that I have in my house, or the one at work, or the local hospital. I know the one that cleans the bathroom at work, and I know that the bathroom at the hospital is clean most of the time, and it smells halfway decent. I can’t tell you the number of times that I have walked into a bathroom and in addition to the fact that the bathroom is disgusting it smells horrid. If I walk into a bathroom and I can smell that, I will walk away. A diaper is a solution to this problem. No one is going to say anything if you decide to use your diaper, and EVE can tell you that there are times that it is better to use a diaper then it is to use the bathroom in a public place. Not only do you get to release, but if you actually enjoy having a messy diaper, you can enjoy it for a while before changing. If you are not into that, you would probably change the minute you got home, or at a place where you feel comfortable doing it.

Believe me, after a while you will get used to it. If you end up using your diaper, and you walk up to somebody, then you might feel subconscious about the fact that you just use your diaper, and somebody may be able to tell, but if they do, you can always say that you are incontinent, and that is why are using a diaper. Most people don’t question me: I think it is because most people that are disabled maybe our “assumed“ to be using diapers if they’re in a wheelchair. Most of the time I am diapered, and when I’m not, it’s usually because I want to air out, because if you continually use diapers to do your business, and you do not take care of your skin, and you’re constantly powdering and protecting your skin with a layer, and you don’t air it out every once in a while, what will happen is that you will have wicked rash or other problems. In order for me to deal with that, there are times that I just go commando for a while, so that all of my skin gets fresh air, and if there are any red spots or any skin breakdown, I can deal with it. It is important to sometimes go without your diaper if you can, because it will give you a chance when you take your diaper off, like before you get in the shower, to see if there are any red spots or any skin that is raw or infected. You always want to make sure you have a barrier between your skin and your diaper. This does not mean however, that you end up lathering up yourself and then you end up taping a diaper without cleaning your hands off. If you do not clean your hands off before you attach the tapes, you could transfer the powder or the ointment or whatever you are applying to your skin to the tapes, which will make the tapes ineffective, or useless. If that happens, then you might have to throw the diaper away and get another one. Make sure that when you add these barriers that you are able to wipe your hands off, or make sure that the barrier creams do not get on the diaper tapes or on the landing zone.

when I first started, I was a little bit nervous, or self-conscious about it. But as I said, people on DD in chat, are very understanding and they did help me understand what was going on. I learned a lot from people, And I have a better understanding of the lifestyle and what people like and white people don’t. I learned for example that there are some people that like Pee, and there are some people that like poop, and there are other people that wear diapers for incontinence, or other reasons. Whatever the reason, I have come to understand that there are a lot of us that have reasons for wearing diapers and using them, when we decide to use them, and I am very supportive of anyone who makes the choice to either wear, use, wear and use, or add “pieces“ of the lifestyle on top of wearing and using diapers. In my case, I’m already in continent, so I may end up delving into the lifestyle piece, by adding other equipment.

I would say that I would not worry about you using diapers in public. You may have to be careful however, if you are going to relatives houses, and you use the diapers because you are releasing, because you don’t want to wet your diaper or mess it, and then sit on A cushion or something that might end up Getting wet or messy, or smelling of an odor. In this case, you have to use discussion, and make sure that you are set well for a long day. In this case what are you do, is that I use the bathroom a couple times in the morning, and make sure that I do not have to have a BM, and then I will grab two boosters, put them in my diaper, and then put it on. If done right, the diaper will last all day, and very rarely will it float out and leak all over the place, because in addition to the diaper and the boosters, I will add incontinence underwear on top of it, and that keeps the diaper in position, and allows me to use it to its fullest extent.

good luck!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added additional information
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, anned said:

Only once has anyone ever noticed i was wearing a diaper, and he was a abdl also.

That kind of begs the question.   How would we react if we noticed somebody's diaper in public? 

The only situation where I would ever approach somebody about a diaper is if there was a tab showing that might  be showing and I could discretely mention that their diaper is showing.  But in most cases- I would just ignore it.

I'm about as average looking guy as you can it.  If you ever do see me in public, I'm likely wearing a diaper,    But I'm so average looking that if you noticed the diaper, you would assume I want to keep that private, so what would have to happen for somebody to comment.

Likewise.  I am a DL and if I saw someone in a diaper I would never go up to them as a stranger and comment that they are showing.  They probably are aware of it if they are AB/DL and maybe trying to show off a little, or they are completely oblivious.  Even if a person is AB or DL, you can tell if they are wanting to be discreet about it in public by the clothing they are wearing, even if it's obvious to us trained DL's what to look for.  Some people do want to be noticed and will let their diaper show or wear clothing that makes it obvious, but even in that case I wouldn't go up to them and say anything, even, "I'm a DL too and also wear diapers".  We may assume someone is AB or DL if we notice their diapers and clothing, but that doesn't mean we are right, and even if we are right that doesn't mean the person would want us to go up to them and say something.

To those worried they might be noticed in diapers when out in public, be aware that if you are by some chance, you still won't have someone come up to you and say anything to you.  That just doesn't happen.  Only thing I would be afraid of is running into anyone I know such as a friend, family member or coworker who notices I have diapers on.  Those are the situations I avoid by only wearing thick premium diapers when out of town shopping where it's unlikely I'll bump into anyone I know.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, spark said:

That kind of begs the question.   How would we react if we noticed somebody's diaper in public? 

I'd be very intrigued, but probably wouldn't start a conversation about it with the person. That could be viewed as intrusive, or something.

Anyway. 

Last Friday I've gone out to public whilst wearing a diaper again, but this time I felt bolder (and I didn't have as long of a walk to go as last time), so I wore a Cloudee L and a Seni Quattro XL on top of that.

My only plain white onesie was in the hamper, so I took one I have from Airoliver that's white with blue popsicles pattern, kinda babyish but not excessively so. 

Once again it felt pretty damn good, I was still able to walk somewhat unsuspiciously, but I could feel the added thickness (compared to last time when I wore "only" an Abena L4 air plus).

I already suspect I will try to push the envelope and go even thicker next time.

The only other time when I was in close proximity of another person whilst wearing a diaper was when I was still living in my mom's house, I went downstairs to brush teeth and get me something to drink, and I still had night padding on (one Abena L4 and two Seni Trio XLs on top) that I didn't want to take off just yet. I figured mom wouldn't be up yet, so I just put a bathrobe on, figuring it would be fine. Well, turned out she was up and in kitchen, I had to squeeze past her unsuspiciously as she was kind of blocking my way, no easy task with my choice of attire :D, I kind of crab-walked past her and hoped she wouldn't notice anything, well she didn't say anything or hint at anything or ask questions, so I guess I got away with that one :D

So, for me there are clearly conflicting interests when going out in public in a diaper. On one hand I want padding that feels super good and keeps shape, both of which improves with thickness (boosters, doubling up, tripling up, ....), but on the other hand I still want to be able to walk without too obvious waddle, and I still have to fit normal clothes over the diaper(s), and in this instance I already almost approached the limit of how much padding I could fit my loosest pair of jeans over.

9 hours ago, spark said:

"Your shirt is untucked," or something similarly discreet.

That being said, I haven't in the past 30 years or so ever noticed someone else wearing a diaper in public, nor has anyone ever mentioned it to me.

In 45 years or so of diaper wearing, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've noticed someone else in diapers.   In all but perhaps one case, it was clearly medical use (several I came across while a paramedic and my wife was a special ed teacher and I knew a couple of her kids).   I saw a kid in sweat pants who was throwing a fit and I could tell by where the wet spots were on his pants that this was a diaper leak.

Never said anything to anybody about it.   I've never been caught out other than by my wife.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the older I get, the less I really care. I used to be very paranoid about wearing a diaper out of the house, the biggest fear was running into someone me or my wife knows. But now I just diaper up when I'm in the mood and don't worry about being seen or being caught. Like others have said before "Everyone is too busy with their own lives, that they don't even pay attention or notice" I have ran into friends before with out worry, I have even stood their and wet my diaper mid conversation. No one cares.

And if someone were to ask, which I highly doubt would ever happen. I would just say it's a medical issue and move on. Enjoy life and enjoy your diaper time whenever and wherever that may lead you.

• Like 2