LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Forgetting what it’s like to be toilet trained?

Enthusi

I remember being in high school marching band and enduring 2-3 hour football games without a break.  Heck in middle school we went on an 8 hour bus trip to Washington DC.  I can’t imagine we stopped more than a couple of times.  Though for the life of me I don’t know how I managed it. 

I’m curious if anyone else forgets what bladder control feels like.  

• Like 1
  • Enthusi changed the title to Forgetting what it’s like to be toilet trained?

The few times I’ve had cause to test my daytime continence lately, I’ve been surprised how well it still works.

Having said that, there’s no way I’d hit the road for a 2 hour plus drive without precautions these days.

Then there’s the night thing.  I KNOW I cannot trust myself without nappies in bed now.

Something that HAS surprised me during my daytime/continent phase is that I never any more seem to experience the relief of a long, comfortable pee.  Most days are a long series of drips and dribbles to the point where I imagine I don’t really need changing at change time but in reality I do.

I can’t ever seem to remember a notable pee.

I think that’s something I’m starting to forget.   My nappy just gets wetter across the day.  I *know* that I am choosing to let that happen but it’s a long series of highly-forgettable micro-decisions as opposed to 2 or 3 memorable events.

• Like 1

Crimony, yeah ?

Like, we have people working on the bathroom at the moment and I swear they don't take potty breaks except at lunch!

I had some urgency issues going into this, but I remember at least being able to "withstand" long trips with 3-4 hours between rest stops.

Though wetting aside, I couldn't imagine going on any kind of day trip that includes meals without having some changes on hand for messes, even if I've cleaned out beforehand. Even in diapers I couldn't imagine those 8-10 hour diapers lasting me that long.

I think I would be ok if I went out without during the daytime without any protection.

However I don't really want to find out in case psychologically it kind of turns total control and everything back on. Does that make sense? 

Night time would be different. I am 99% sure (after a few did I or didn't I moments) that I unconsciously wet the other night. Even after a year I still mostly wake with my bladder asking for permission though, can't wait for that to stop.

• Like 3

I Agree with a lot that has been said already.

I'm 100% in Diapers at nighttime.  I cannot even remotely remember the last time I didn't sleep with diapers.

Also in Diapers for 100% of long car rides.

Other than that, I cherry pick which situations I will wear.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, BabyJilly_S said:

Night time would be different. I am 99% sure (after a few did I or didn't I moments) that I unconsciously wet the other night. Even after a year I still mostly wake with my bladder asking for permission though, can't wait for that to stop.

Yep, worn THAT t-shirt LOL.  It's so hard to figure out if you're in nappies anyway.  By the time I finally "proved" it (by not wearing a nappy for a couple of nights and waking up wet anyway - something that I don't particularly enjoy and creates lots of work for me), I'd probably been doing it off and on for months.

It still isn't 100%.  Some nights I still wake up to find my bladder isn't empty.

15 hours ago, oznl said:

By the time I finally "proved" it (by not wearing a nappy for a couple of nights and waking up wet anyway - something that I don't particularly enjoy and creates lots of work for me), I'd probably been doing it off and on for months.

I could write a book on the highs and lows of testing bladder control. 

At first when I went without a diaper at night I would wake up dry and I hated it.  I realize that for many people that’s the dream (incontinent only when diapered), but that never sat well with me. 

Though for the last 6 months to a year I wake up soaked even when I don’t have a diaper on.    I’m happy about my “progress” but I agree cleanup is no fun. 

On 9/26/2021 at 8:57 AM, Kif said:

Crimony, yeah ?

Like, we have people working on the bathroom at the moment and I swear they don't take potty breaks except at lunch!

The machine drivers I have come across go more than that. Some sites I have been on I notice they just site in their machines and that is it, on breaks I can see them for the welfare and never do they get out. In the full 7:30 hours, sometimes more, I do not recall ever seeing them go toilet, some do not go for food or drink either.

@Enthusi This is really a neat topic you have here!  Though one day I hope to find out what it is like to forget what it is like not not be diapered.

Also it is my main dream to wake up in a wet and or messy diaper.  Though wet mostly but a messy one on occasion.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

@Enthusi This is really a neat topic you have here!  Though one day I hope to find out what it is like to forget what it is like not not be diapered.

Thanks!  

For me it’s a vulnerable feeling. Like, “How the heck am I suppose to stop the pee from pouring out?”  I can still close the sphincter muscle (“flex my junk” so to speak). But it doesn’t stay closed, especially when I feel any bladder pressure. It just gives out. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Enthusi said:

I can still close the sphincter muscle (“flex my junk” so to speak). But it doesn’t stay closed, especially when I feel any bladder pressure. It just gives out. 

I was re-reading Kali's blog and this reminded me of how they described their daytime control back in July 2016 ( approx 19 months if you go by their earliest entry):

"I can’t stop it - to a degree I can voluntarily move the muscles that would have stopped it, but not enough to be effective - like trying to close a door in a heavy wind."

It's interesting, reading both yours and theirs--for some reason I'd have expected to have no use of the muscle at all. But in the end I guess it makes no real difference, being unable to keep it all clenched is functionally the same thing.

That's how you know your truly a baby, when you forget what potty training is like.?☺️? When your brain goes"potty training, what's that?"??? You're fully submerged in diapers, just like a regular baby.?☺️????❤️ And you have no memory of your parents ever taking your diapers away. Being an baby for life! The Good Life!????❤️??????❤️?

• Like 1

This is my goal too, to forget toilet training all together.  Working on keeping it all relaxed and not tightening up the muscles inside at all. I do a better job at night then during the day, waking up with a wet diaper, but I want to have to not worry about it at all and letting my muscles atrophy. I love diapers so much, and I am restarting my 24/7 as of last Friday night. I was up to 3 months when I had to stop in July. I have been wearing at night for two years now. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2021 at 11:13 PM, oznl said:

The few times I’ve had cause to test my daytime continence lately, I’ve been surprised how well it still works.

Having said that, there’s no way I’d hit the road for a 2 hour plus drive without precautions these days.

Then there’s the night thing.  I KNOW I cannot trust myself without nappies in bed now.

Something that HAS surprised me during my daytime/continent phase is that I never any more seem to experience the relief of a long, comfortable pee.  Most days are a long series of drips and dribbles to the point where I imagine I don’t really need changing at change time but in reality I do.

I can’t ever seem to remember a notable pee.

I think that’s something I’m starting to forget.   My nappy just gets wetter across the day.  I *know* that I am choosing to let that happen but it’s a long series of highly-forgettable micro-decisions as opposed to 2 or 3 memorable events.

After 11 months, I was hoping to be where you are now. I read your success with jealousy. Lucky! 

1 minute ago, jonbearab said:

After 11 months, I was hoping to be where you are now. I read your success with jealousy. Lucky! 

Keep trying buddy you'll get there eventually!??❤️

• 2 weeks later...

Yep! In my case I think it's probably that with the time I spent diapered as a kid plus the time I've spent diapered as an adult, I've now spent close to two-thirds of my life in diapers. Being toilet trained is nowhere near normal for me.

Being incontinent and being in diapers 24/7, I don't see how people go to the toilet for hours and hours. I am usually getting my wet diaper changed about every 3 or so hours because I am wet. That don't even count the time I go poo poo in it. That is usually once per day. Maybe two times.  It is beyond me how some can control for 8 hours or more without going to the toilet. 

• Like 1

@NannaAnnabelle With or without a diaper?  I hear in the desert (at least in the USA)  it can be hours between stops. I suppose you can pul over if it get bad.  A few months ago I tried “testing” myself by going on a 90 minute road trip with out a diaper.  Baaaaaad idea. 

@Rob110 I clearly remember being in high school and I would go to the restroom before high school football games and being good for the whole evening.  That’s like… 4-6 hours!   I can’t even imagine these days. lol. 

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...

For me it has been since my mid 30's since I have used the potty because of the rare medical disorder that I got back then that left me incontinent to bladder and bowel and in diapers. Thinking back 20 years now if for some unknown reason I got cured of my disorder, I feel it has been so long being incontinent and not using the potty that I would have to go through full potty training again which sitting here now is something I don't think I would want to do. I don't want to not have the comfort and security of wearing a diaper and going through potty training and having that possibility of wetting or messing in my pants. I now would just rather keep wearing my diapers. They are a huge part of my life now and will be for the rest of my life. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Baby Foo Foo said:

For me it has been since my mid 30's since I have used the potty because of the rare medical disorder that I got back then that left me incontinent to bladder and bowel and in diapers. Thinking back 20 years now if for some unknown reason I got cured of my disorder, I feel it has been so long being incontinent and not using the potty that I would have to go through full potty training again which sitting here now is something I don't think I would want to do. I don't want to not have the comfort and security of wearing a diaper and going through potty training and having that possibility of wetting or messing in my pants. I now would just rather keep wearing my diapers. They are a huge part of my life now and will be for the rest of my life. 

I wouldn't wanna go through potty training either buddy! As you said Diapers are just way too comfortable and provide a sense of security and safety that potty training just doesn't have. If anything, it's MEANT not to have that. And potty training is overrated anyway, because when you go through life and have to deal with all the stress that life brings you, you realize that everything adults used to say to you as a little kid was complete bullshit and not really that important. I NEVER want to go through full potty training again! The only reason I would want to do that, is to be able to rebelle and have Mommy or Daddy give up and let me stay a baby!???? Hehehehe!!!!??????❤️?? And also have them give up on trying to get rid of my pacifier!??☺️????❤️??❤️?? TAKE THAT PARENTS!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️?????????????????????????????????????????????????????❤️???❤️?❤️??????????????❤️

• Haha 1