LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Where Were You On September 11, 2001 ?

I was at work in a high-security federal installation. We watched in increasing horror on a little portable tv someone had brought in. They made us go home at noon, and my wife and I watched for a good part of the day.  We had been scheduled to fly into Dulles on the 12th to visit friends in Alexandria. I went to work for a couple of days - under extremely tight security procedures - and then I took the rest of my scheduled time off and we took a road trip through eastern and central Oregon, ending up at the ocean for a couple days. It was good to get out into nature and away from the tv for that week, and helped us come to terms with se situation.

I was at home, I just happened to turn on the news as they were talking about the first plane heading toward the towers and saw it hit, I called my roommate down as I was astonished that it had happened, then as the broadcast continued I saw the second one hit. What made it worse is that it was a live broadcast so I knew I had just seen a truly horrendous act of violence.

As to what you just said Wet Knight, Being an American, first I've heard of anything like that.

I'll probably get banned for this, but having read through these posts, I feel that for balance, I have to point out that one terrorist, Bin Ladin,   financed the death of  2,977, killed on one morning. 

During the previous three decades, many Americans enthusiastically contributed to 16,209 terrorist explosions in Northern Ireland, and the killing 3,720 over 29 years.

This lists 3,368 of them.

This table gives the total victims in each of three categories. Police/Army includes British Army, RUC and Irish Security Forces. Paramilitary includes Loyalist and Republican terrorists. Civilian cover the rest. Source: Malcolm Sutton, "An Index of Deaths from the Conflict in Ireland".

Year Police/
Army
Para-
military
Civilian TOTAL Each pixel across represents the death of one....
greenbar.gif Police/Army redbar.gif Paramilitary bluebar.gif Civilian
1969 1 2 13 16 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1970 3 5 18 26 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1971 60 22 89 171 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1972 149 78 249 476 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1973 82 52 119 253 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1974 72 30 192 294 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1975 35 49 174 258 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1976 62 26 207 295 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1977 50 12 49 111 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1978 34 7 39 80 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1979 76 7 37 120 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1980 38 8 34 80 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1981 51 20 40 111 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1982 59 15 36 110 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1983 41 10 34 85 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1984 33 14 22 69 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1985 32 8 17 57 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1986 25 9 27 61 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1987 29 28 40 97 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1988 46 20 38 104 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1989 39 6 30 75 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1990 34 11 36 81 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1991 24 20 52 96 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1992 11 20 58 89 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1993 18 7 63 88 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1994 7 9 48 64 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1995 1 2 6 9 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1996 2 10 6 18 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1997 5 5 10 20 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1998 2 6 46 54 greenbar.gifredbar.gif
Edited by Wet Knight
Additional information.

I remember so comepletely just getting married that july of 2001.. Me and my wife were enjoying a quiet morning watching tv when the news reports started. We watched all day and cried so much that day. I had many friends that worked one block away at 11 John street. There were literally thousands of agencies there. I lost so many friends, or never heard from them again. I was supposed to work that night, and many places closed. It was just horrible losing so many friends and not even knowing what happened to their families. That attack on America was just something I could never forget. I pray for everyone that endured this horrible day.. God Bless You All !!

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

@Evelyn Dellcerro I love ya lady !! I read this post and my eyes have been red all day. I remember getting back that following week. Seven days after the towers fell. I didnt even know you then, but in two years time I would meet my best friend Evelyn Dellcerro.. I remember getting home a week after the towers fell, and just falling to my knees at my front door to see my 16 year old daughter and 11 year old son there crying and hugging me. In all my days it was just a great relief to see my family happy and in one piece. I had been away at work for the past month in Iraq. I did the driving for some very big people. I remember people there celebrating and partying that they hit America. It was the worst display of loathsome, heinous and dispicable behavior I had ever seen. If I had my way I would have happily opened fire. I too like @Transfusionelle lost many friends September 11th.. I used to work out of 7 WTC. It too collapsed about 9 hours after the south tower. I lost many friends and colleagues that horrible day. I am sorry I havent been on here much,, work has kept me busy. I am glad to be home for the next 3 weeks and to have my loving girlfriend to hold. This whole 20th anniversary of 9/11 is very sad to me and many close friends. I just hope you all stay safe and spend time with your loved ones. I am going to spend it with my kids and my family and great friends. LOVE is a must for everyone. 

• Thanks 4

On the 20th anniversary it's sad to think of the sick people out there that are still posting false conspiracy theories that it's the US who caused it all as well as the "fake" Covid-19 pandemic.  What has happened to the great United States of America these past few years? COVID-19 Conspiracy Theorists Using 9/11 Anniversary for Misinformation (businessinsider.com)  This should be the day to honor all the people in the towers who died a horrible death, their families who saw them off to work that day never thinking it would be the last time they would ever see their loved ones, the children having to grow up without a parent and especially the heroes who risked and lost their lives doing all they could to save the people. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
On 9/10/2021 at 8:26 PM, philmydiaper said:

@Evelyn Dellcerro I love ya lady !! I read this post and my eyes have been red all day. I remember getting back that following week. Seven days after the towers fell. I didnt even know you then, but in two years time I would meet my best friend Evelyn Dellcerro.. I remember getting home a week after the towers fell, and just falling to my knees at my front door to see my 16 year old daughter and 11 year old son there crying and hugging me. In all my days it was just a great relief to see my family happy and in one piece. I had been away at work for the past month in Iraq. I did the driving for some very big people. I remember people there celebrating and partying that they hit America. It was the worst display of loathsome, heinous and dispicable behavior I had ever seen. If I had my way I would have happily opened fire. I too like @Transfusionelle lost many friends September 11th.. I used to work out of 7 WTC. It too collapsed about 9 hours after the south tower. I lost many friends and colleagues that horrible day. I am sorry I havent been on here much,, work has kept me busy. I am glad to be home for the next 3 weeks and to have my loving girlfriend to hold. This whole 20th anniversary of 9/11 is very sad to me and many close friends. I just hope you all stay safe and spend time with your loved ones. I am going to spend it with my kids and my family and great friends. LOVE is a must for everyone. 

I was so glad to have had you and Jade here for the weekend and as usual thanks for your wonderful company. Was glad to have your mom here and enjoy her laughter and her sorrow together. I know it was a very rough weekend for all of us, but it proved to me the love of family and friends can overcome just about anything. We all lost a lot 20 years ago, and we vowed to each other never to forget.. Hugs to you all !!  Thanks for the overwhelming response everyone !!!

I was at school , I don't recall much mentions of it during school,, I was only 6 years old at the time.  but I remember mostly hearing about it from my parents when I got home and seeing the aftermath on the news that day. it still saddens me to this day, to think of all the innocent lives lost. so many people never made it home to their loved ones that day. and the towers themselves completely gone, wish they were still standing proudly in the new York skyline. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 9/18/2021 at 9:08 PM, Flaresnare said:

I was at school , I don't recall much mentions of it during school,, I was only 6 years old at the time.  but I remember mostly hearing about it from my parents when I got home and seeing the aftermath on the news that day. it still saddens me to this day, to think of all the innocent lives lost. so many people never made it home to their loved ones that day. and the towers themselves completely gone, wish they were still standing proudly in the new York skyline. 

Me too buddy!???

• Like 2

I was in the military, in our crew room, saw the second plane live. 

I understand your feelings wet knight, i was almost on that graph in 1990 and 1992. "When you attack one NATO country with terrorism, you attack them all"

I was at the campus radio station that I had, at the time, only I think a Sunday morning show. On the Tuesday here in Cape Town, I think I only heard about it on the news that night. I started my show on the Sunday with Seal's "Crazy" as a tribute to the victims.

• 2 years later...

I was watching tv. in my house. Regular clothes. It was difficult to believe and watch unfold.  Remember, this event required a number of people to pull off.               EVERYBODY: PLEASE don't ever forget about this event. 🕣              

🇺🇸

I was in my bedroom sleeping when my dad woke me up saying they were talking about planes crashing. I didn't really understand what was going on until i got to school and instead of doing choir, we all had to watch the rollaway TV with the news and it kept replying the planes hitting it. I didn't see it all live because it happened between 6:46 Am and 7:03 am in the time zone I was in. The first collapse would have happened right before school stared in my time zone. By then they were just playing replies of the towers being hit and being on fire when school started. The other collapse would have happened right before 8 my time right before my brothers started school. So I didn't see it live, only replays of it. Next thing I know, the towers were gone and I was confused and then they showed the replay. I remember feeling bad for all the people who were stranded in other countries and airports and I remember when tons of people had to rent cars to drive home and they got sold out of rental cars. I can imagine how any people carpooled. My culinary art teacher was stuck in Mexico for like 3 weeks and she had to sell a pair of her shoes for money. I was only in high school when it happened. 

On 9/10/2021 at 2:32 PM, Wet Knight said:

I'll probably get banned for this, but having read through these posts, I feel that for balance, I have to point out that one terrorist, Bin Ladin,   financed the death of  2,977, killed on one morning. 

During the previous three decades, many Americans enthusiastically contributed to 16,209 terrorist explosions in Northern Ireland, and the killing 3,720 over 29 years.

This lists 3,368 of them.

This table gives the total victims in each of three categories. Police/Army includes British Army, RUC and Irish Security Forces. Paramilitary includes Loyalist and Republican terrorists. Civilian cover the rest. Source: Malcolm Sutton, "An Index of Deaths from the Conflict in Ireland".

Year Police/
Army
Para-
military
Civilian TOTAL Each pixel across represents the death of one....
greenbar.gif Police/Army redbar.gif Paramilitary bluebar.gif Civilian
1969 1 2 13 16 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1970 3 5 18 26 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1971 60 22 89 171 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1972 149 78 249 476 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1973 82 52 119 253 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1974 72 30 192 294 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1975 35 49 174 258 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1976 62 26 207 295 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1977 50 12 49 111 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1978 34 7 39 80 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1979 76 7 37 120 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1980 38 8 34 80 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1981 51 20 40 111 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1982 59 15 36 110 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1983 41 10 34 85 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1984 33 14 22 69 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1985 32 8 17 57 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1986 25 9 27 61 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1987 29 28 40 97 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1988 46 20 38 104 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1989 39 6 30 75 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1990 34 11 36 81 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1991 24 20 52 96 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1992 11 20 58 89 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1993 18 7 63 88 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1994 7 9 48 64 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1995 1 2 6 9 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1996 2 10 6 18 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1997 5 5 10 20 greenbar.gifredbar.gifbluebar.gif
1998 2 6 46 54 greenbar.gifredbar.gif

How did Americans Enthusiastically contribute to the attacks in Northern Ireland? Which by the way, there is a huge difference between revolutionaries trying to force an invading country out and religious zealots committing a terrorist attack on foreign soil. 

• Like 2