LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How often should you change your diaper when dry

Dl4138

Hey so as of last night I’m wearing diapers exclusively for a few days. I usually only wet like once every couple days so I’m still in my dry diaper from last night. So how often should you change your diaper if you didn’t wet it? (It’s very minorly wet due to leftover pee from using the toilet)

6 minutes ago, le Hollandais said:

Sounds to me like diapers are your alternative underwear. So then, how often would you change your conventional underwear?

I usually change it once a day

56 minutes ago, Dl4138 said:

Hey so as of last night I’m wearing diapers exclusively for a few days. I usually only wet like once every couple days so I’m still in my dry diaper from last night. So how often should you change your diaper if you didn’t wet it? (It’s very minorly wet due to leftover pee from using the toilet)

I used to do this sometimes, back when I first discovered ABDL diapers, and I bought them in small numbers and coveted them. I would put one on and wear it for the day while everyone was out of the house, and then take it off when the family got home, and put it on again the next day, without having used it. The longest I ever wore one diaper was probably 3 X 8 hour days, which adds up to 24 hours, or about the maximum time a pair of conventional underwear would be in service. I was showering every night, though. After three days of wearing and being taken on and off, the stuffing starts to clump and settle, and the tabs may get tired or an elastic may work its way out of a leg gather, so the diaper basically retires itself. 

Now that I'm in them all the time, the longest I generally go is about 12 or 14 hours in one diaper, but the average is probably 8 - 10 hours. I have worn a large Megamax for approaching 24 hours, but at that point it's so bulky that I basically can't do anything except be at home, alone, because if I tried to go out, my diaper would be visible from space, and my wife would be shooting daggers at me. 

This is like asking what to do with leftover wine.   When it happens, I'll let you know.

But if that floats your boat, at some point you are going to have to shower, and that's a good time 

@Dl4138

Change your diaper when the thing is wet or soiled, and if not, change it at LEAST once every 12 or so hours:  Diapers can get loose and not fit well after extended wear, and you are moving around, so change them when you notice that they do not feel good to you or fit right.  Barring that, change when they are wet or soiled.

Good Luck!

Brian

If the diaper still fits well and the padding hasn't broken down or bunched up, I  really don't see a need to change it.  

I always try to get the most out of my diapers and would do the same thing if I wasn't wetting or messing them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2021 at 4:22 PM, Spanky said:

If the diaper still fits well and the padding hasn't broken down or bunched up, I  really don't see a need to change it.  

I always try to get the most out of my diapers and would do the same thing if I wasn't wetting or messing them.

I agree, they are so expensive try to get the most out of them. 

Could you not just wear your diaper over your underwear if your not wetting?? and change your underwear daily instead?? ???

Not everyone who wears diapers wants to use them. For some wearing diapers meets psychological  or sensation based needs. I've never understood why others feel a need to try and shame those individuals by making it seem like their choices are less valid than people who wet or defecate in a diaper.

Personally, being diapered by my loving Daddy is a HUGE part of the enjoyment. That's the "driving the car" part of wearing a diaper for me but everyone is different.

• Like 1
On 10/20/2021 at 4:45 AM, Snugglebear_69 said:

Not everyone who wears diapers wants to use them. For some wearing diapers meets psychological  or sensation based needs. I've never understood why others feel a need to try and shame those individuals by making it seem like their choices are less valid than people who wet or defecate in a diaper.

Personally, being diapered by my loving Daddy is a HUGE part of the enjoyment. That's the "driving the car" part of wearing a diaper for me but everyone is different.

I agree!  There is a diversity of members here that have varied interests in diapers.  Not everyone likes to wet them.  Many do wet but would never even think of messing in one.  Some love to wet and mess their diapers every day!  Still some people will wear a diaper only on weekends or maybe a couple times a week where others are in them 24/7/365.  Some even wear their bulky diapers and snap crotch shortalls with their pacifier in their mouths when they go out places away from home.  I have read many posts where someone is asking for advice, such as, "Can anyone suggest how I can hide my diaper when I have to go out?" and have someone respond, "Just proudly wear your diaper and don't care what anyone says or thinks about it when they see you!"  NO NO NO NO NO!!!  You may be a total baby yourself and not care who knows it, sees your diaper or knows you wear them just because you like to wet and mess yourself and act like a baby.  If that's what floats your boat, fine!  When someone asks for help with something, they want help, not someone telling them just don't worry about it and let everyone know that you wear diapers!  I have had some people reacting to some of my posts as if I'm a baby and should just wear my diapers and do as I please, or hint that I am an actual baby.  Even on Diapermates the other day someone sent me a message out of the blue saying, "Does your mommy change your diapers"?  Nothing is further from the truth.  Don't people read a member's profile anymore?  That's what a profile is for.  I have absolutely no interest in AB stuff, baby print diapers or baby clothes, mommy or daddy stuff, pacifiers, bib, baby food or baby toys and my profile says that.  That is not me.  I am a DL and have been so for well over 50 years.  I like diapers now and then but I enjoy the times when I choose to wear them.  People need to be mindful of the choices other people make and not just assume things and encourage others to do and be as they themselves are.  They wouldn't want me telling them to cut way back on diaper wearing and give up their pacifiers and baby print diapers, but that amounts to the same thing.

• Like 1