LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Were you babied/spoiled as a kid?

I was babied big Big BIG time. Late potty trainer (4) and long-term bedwetter (8). Same with my little sister. Mom said as long as we wore diapers even just at night we were still babies. Mom always diapered us even when we were big enough to do it ourselves wipes cream powder everything. She also breastfed us both until we were 8 and we all 3 cobathed til little sister and I were 4 and 8 (we got too big for us all 3 to fit in the tub) after that sis and always shared baths till 7 and 11.  That only stopped because puberty And I literally never took a bath alone until then. Also mom let us suck on pacifierAnd/or our thumbs as long as we wanted to and I never stopped sucking my thumb.  Mom would  Also let us wear  Our nighttime diapers in the daytime  If we wanted to.  I loved little kid shows like Barney and Sesame Street   Until high school. I'm sure there were other  Ways we were babied I'll list Them when they come to me. How bout you all?  How many of us were treated like babies even when we got big?

• Like 2

No, I don’t believe I was babied much. It was more toward the other side of the spectrum, I would say. Nothing mean, or abusive, but mom decided I was done with diapers, and should be toilet trained, no more bottles, no pacifiers, no more sleeping in a crib, etc. I don’t think my older sister was (babied) either. This could be one of the reasons, I’m into abdl? I didn’t get the chance to go at my own pace, and I missed those things. Even when I got older, I loved playing with toys, especially cars, trucks, matchboxes, racing sets, train sets, lego, etc. I still feel like there would be nothing better, then to play with my toy trucks outside in the dirt! While wearing diapers, of corse ? 

Never.  My parents always encouraged me to do my best for the most part.  My mom was against me learning to hunt, fly, get a boat or having a bit of an independent mind, but I was never babied, even when I had to wear diapers to bed until almost age 6.  I'd say my mom was more afraid harm would come to me if I bought a shotgun for hunting, or learn to fly an airplane, things like that.  That mindset comes from being uneducated on the activity and listening to uninformed people with opinions not based in fact.  You can't blame someone for looking out for your safety and health.  She didn't even believe that in 1976 90% of kids in high school wore blue jeans until all the relatives told her it was true!

• Like 2

My mother might have spoiled me a bit but never babied me, I do remember sometimes being fed food when I asked even as a 4-5 year old and got lots of love but never was diapered longer or had pacifiers etc.

1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

She didn't even believe that in 1976 90% of kids in high school wore blue jeans until all the relatives told her it was true!

Oh my, your relatives all conspired in a lie, so you might wear blue jeans? ? You put them up to that too, didn’t you?
Lol, I remember the days of dress codes, no blue jeans, and needing to be dressed presentable. 

18 hours ago, Silly Willy Toddler Boy said:

I was babied big Big BIG time. Late potty trainer (4) and long-term bedwetter (8). Same with my little sister. Mom said as long as we wore diapers even just at night we were still babies. Mom always diapered us even when we were big enough to do it ourselves wipes cream powder everything. She also breastfed us both until we were 8 and we all 3 cobathed til little sister and I were 4 and 8 (we got too big for us all 3 to fit in the tub) after that sis and always shared baths till 7 and 11.  That only stopped because puberty And I literally never took a bath alone until then. Also mom let us suck on pacifierAnd/or our thumbs as long as we wanted to and I never stopped sucking my thumb.  Mom would  Also let us wear  Our nighttime diapers in the daytime  If we wanted to.  I loved little kid shows like Barney and Sesame Street   Until high school. I'm sure there were other  Ways we were babied I'll list Them when they come to me. How bout you all?  How many of us were treated like babies even when we got big?

Boy, you had it made. I wish we could've traded places. Sounds like a pretty sweet life. If I were you I would've worn my nighttime diapies during the day just for the heck of it even if your mommy said No. It's not like she could've stopped you. Hehehe.????

• Like 1

No I was not unfortunately. If anything I had to grow up way too fast. Growing up I always had to be the mature one because my brother and big sister were always causing trouble for my mom. To make matters worse, my mom didn't know how to be there emotionally for me because her parents cared more about going out and partying so her and the rest of the family had to raise themselves. And she wasn't close with her parents and she left as soon as she could when she was 18. My mom is a baby boomer so she got me and my twin sister when she was in her early 40s. Moving on, I always thought I was the smart one in my family because I think I knew more than the average kid. I've always been a thinker, to me it's as simple as breathing. Having said that, I kinda feel like all that knowledge counts for nothing because I couldn't have a sense of imagination like the other kids, plus it also doesn't help that I was born with a disease and had to deal with that on my own. Plus I didn't really understand the joys of being a little kid and having a sense of imagination. Growing up I always thought being a little kid was lame and beneath me because of my intelligence. So between all those things, I would say that having all that knowledge didn't really make me happy, at least not in the long run. I had to learn everything on my own and I felt like no one was there for me. I didn't feel like I could really talk to my family because I thought they couldn't understand what I was going through because they couldn't think on my level. Don't get me wrong, I've had a lot of good times in my life, but I feel like it was that emotional/imaginatively nurturing that I needed but didn't get, in order to be psychologically healthy. I don't blame my mom though. I know she can't give what she doesn't have. Despite all that, I think I turned out okay. Even if I didn't get the family I wanted. I love them and I guess I should be thankful for those experiences because they ultimately led to me meeting my second family. You guys!???☺️✌️???❤️???? So I'm happy about that!

• Like 3

I wasn't babied at all as an older kid, really, although I didn't have a "cold" childhood, either.  I'm sure I was babied when I was a baby. As an older kid, my parents were very matter-of-fact about my wearing diapers (mostly to bed) - they didn't baby me, on the one hand, and they didn't try to make me feel badly about it, either. They maybe lacked a bit of sensitivity about it - they didn't always understand when I was panicked that someone might see my diaper, might find out, might see my diapers in my mom's purse, my brother or sister might tell someone etc.

It might be a bit of a fantasy to have had some babying when it was diaper time... right now, I'd probably enjoy that. Although I do struggle with the fact that I sometimes like the idea of being treated like a baby, but, at the same time, the idea of it being my mom... well, no. Someone else's mom, maybe. 

But the reality was that I was diapered quickly and efficiently, often standing up, and nothing much was said about it, usually. I didn't kick up a fuss very often - I know now that I liked it, even back then. But if we were going to be around other kids, I might object, but it didn't matter - if there was a risk I might violate someone's furniture, the diaper went on. 

21 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

Oh my, your relatives all conspired in a lie, so you might wear blue jeans? ? You put them up to that too, didn’t you?
Lol, I remember the days of dress codes, no blue jeans, and needing to be dressed presentable. 

Nope!  1976 and earlier!  Public high school.  You can look through any of my high school yearbooks and see everyone in jeans.  That was the dress code for high school it seems.  I remark in wonder seeing kids walk home from school these days in shorts.  Shorts were a no-no when I was in school.

2 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Nope!  1976 and earlier!  Public high school.  You can look through any of my high school yearbooks and see everyone in jeans.  That was the dress code for high school it seems.  I remark in wonder seeing kids walk home from school these days in shorts.  Shorts were a no-no when I was in school.

Maybe what I said, didn’t come across right, I meant that tongue and cheek. When I was in grammar school, high school was just starting to allow blue jeans too. 

On 6/5/2021 at 4:18 PM, rusty pins said:

Never.  My parents always encouraged me to do my best for the most part.  My mom was against me learning to hunt, fly, get a boat or having a bit of an independent mind, but I was never babied, even when I had to wear diapers to bed until almost age 6.  I'd say my mom was more afraid harm would come to me if I bought a shotgun for hunting, or learn to fly an airplane, things like that.  That mindset comes from being uneducated on the activity and listening to uninformed people with opinions not based in fact.  You can't blame someone for looking out for your safety and health.  She didn't even believe that in 1976 90% of kids in high school wore blue jeans until all the relatives told her it was true!

And nowadays a man in a dress doesn't even phase half the population. Bonkers how things change

• 1 month later...

Maybe a little spoiled, I was pretty well supplied with toys. But I wasn't really babied, maybe some moments here and there. The one thing I can think of that was habitual is that my mom tucked me in with  a story most nights until I was in the sixth grade, which is sort of late I suppose. When she stopped I got the feeling it was because she thought I wanted to stop, but I didn't.

I wish, but sadly no, I was never spoiled, now, my cousin on the other hand, he and his sister were spoiled as kids, but It took a lot of convincing to get my father to buy toys.. If I did get them it was on X-Mas, and I was lucky to get more than one, and sweets?  Pretty much never, unless my mom made cookies (which was hit or miss, she had a tendency to burn them). On the other hand we always had fruit in the house.

My mommy spoiled me in the normal way a single mommy spoils her only child. The only fun abdl example of this tho is she let me have a pacifier until middle school when I needed braces. I still sometimes suck my thumb around her tho and she doesn't care tho I do need to hide my diapers. Still not crazy about that even tho she knows I wear

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, tommyneedsdiapers90 said:

My mommy spoiled me in the normal way a single mommy spoils her only child. The only fun abdl example of this tho is she let me have a pacifier until middle school when I needed braces. I still sometimes suck my thumb around her tho and she doesn't care tho I do need to hide my diapers. Still not crazy about that even tho she knows I wear

Wait your mother let you have an pacifier until middle school????!??? Wow, really? That's interesting, what was that like, especially in school??

• 2 weeks later...

I wasnt babied or spoiled at all. I grew up in a big family and my mother was not very patient with us. And our father didnt believe in diapers for overage bedwetting at all. He thought it made it too easy and comfortable for me and my brothers to keep wetting the bed. Starting in our early teens we had to do our own wet laundry. It wasnt an easy or supporting environment.

• Like 1

I wasn’t babied as I was the oldest of 5 boys.  I know there were always diapers around, but I was in my later teens before getting to try diapers.  I did some cross dressing in my early teens and it continues today. I also wear diapers at times too. 

I wasn't babied, but I was treated very lovingly, and nobody ever said a a cross or unkind word about my bedwetting.

I was basically ignored...... Which lead to me being a D/L....I guess as a means of bringing back any semblance of what ever attention I got before potty training...?

Not at all. After being diagnosed as gifted i was pushed to also do more and to be better and reach my potential. My parents were supportive but I was driven from a young age to always push myself that extra step to succeed.

• Like 1