LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Shots, Shots, Shots

3 hours ago, darkravendl said:

I'm making an informed opinion on what I'm allowing to put into my body.   You have no legal recourse against the vaccine manufacturers should you be harmed by this hastily produced vaccine.   The survival rate of covid 19 is something like 98%.  I also have underlying health issues including copd ,  I'm not getting vaccinated because of a man made virus. 

COPD is a reason to GET the shots to avoid breathing complications... but I know enough to know that I won't change your mind, so instead I will just pray for your health and safety.

• Like 3

I understand the risk but I'm not gambling my health on a hastily developed vaccine. One in which the manufacturer has no liability for.   Look up the Tuskegee experiments

I appreciate your sentiment.   The only one responsible for our individual health is the individual.   I appreciate that you aren't hostile about my individual decision.   The world can do a lot better if we all practiced a little humility and I realize that the best decision for me may not be the best decision for you but we all have our own paths to blaze. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, darkravendl said:

I'm not getting the shot precisely because many state and local governments have talked about mandatory vaccination,  I'm against anything that is forced by a government.  If people want to get it off their own accord that's fine,  but the government has no business forcing you to put something experimental in your body.   Just look up the Tuskegee experiments and that was done under the guise of free Healthcare. 

Some people will cut their nose off just to spite their face!  I respect your thoughts, but I don't agree that just because someone tells you that you have to do it is a reason not to.  If someone told you not to jump off a cliff, would do do it and kill yourself just because someone told you not to?  You can always take a stand against someone telling you what you should or shouldn't do, but with that stand you also need to use some good judgement, step back and think, "Yeah, they are telling me what to do, but they do have a good point when you think about it!"  It might not always be a good idea to say, "I'm not going to do it just because they tell me I have to!"  That's not a wise decision in my book if you don't consider what's behind their reasoning based on what's going on with the situation and how, in this case, the vaccine has drastically lowered the number of deaths and infected people the past few months since people have been getting vaccinated.

This part is not aimed at darkravendl at all, but with some other people's responses here.  I think it's pretty easy to tell who the idiots really are and who aren't.

26 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

Some people will cut their nose off just to spite their face!  I respect your thoughts, but I don't agree that just because someone tells you that you have to do it is a reason not to.  If someone told you not to jump off a cliff, would do do it and kill yourself just because someone told you not to?  You can always take a stand against someone telling you what you should or shouldn't do, but with that stand you also need to use some good judgement, step back and think, "Yeah, they are telling me what to do, but they do have a good point when you think about it!"  It might not always be a good idea to say, "I'm not going to do it just because they tell me I have to!"  That's not a wise decision in my book if you don't consider what's behind their reasoning based on what's going on with the situation and how, in this case, the vaccine has drastically lowered the number of deaths and infected people the past few months since people have been getting vaccinated.

This part is not aimed at darkravendl at all, but with some other people's responses here.  I think it's pretty easy to tell who the idiots really are and who aren't.

That's a strawman argument.   Those aren't even in the same conceptual universe. 

Forcing someone to take something is not the same as telling them not to do something. 

Thought I'd bring this up.  With Covid-19 infections and deaths dropping way down since people have been getting their vaccines and most states cautiously opening back up, I have changed my avatar back to being maskless.  While I still usually wear my mask when out in most stores (especially our local Walmart which is a pit of contagion), I did go maskless in a local store yesterday for the first time.  It was unintentional because I simply forgot my mask in my rush to return a cart full of bottles for deposit in the pouring rain.  I am still required to wear my mask at work (hospital) and I will probably wear it for a while in stores and buildings, I think we are turning the corner on this pandemic in the U.S.A. but there is still a ways to go.  There are variants that are more contagious becoming the more dominant strains in our country as well as Covid still raging other countries of the world.  We don't know for sure yet if those of us who have been vaccinated will need yearly booster shots like the yearly flu shots.  There are still 35% to 40% of people who have not received the vaccine (or who probably will not get it and end up hospitalized or dead) in spite of the fact it's the vaccine that is getting the pandemic under control.  I'm optimistic enough to remove the mask on my avatar but cautious enough to still wear it in many places for a while yet.

• Like 1
On 6/26/2021 at 7:25 AM, rusty pins said:

Thought I'd bring this up.  With Covid-19 infections and deaths dropping way down since people have been getting their vaccines and most states cautiously opening back up, I have changed my avatar back to being maskless.  While I still usually wear my mask when out in most stores (especially our local Walmart which is a pit of contagion), I did go maskless in a local store yesterday for the first time.  It was unintentional because I simply forgot my mask in my rush to return a cart full of bottles for deposit in the pouring rain.  I am still required to wear my mask at work (hospital) and I will probably wear it for a while in stores and buildings, I think we are turning the corner on this pandemic in the U.S.A. but there is still a ways to go.  There are variants that are more contagious becoming the more dominant strains in our country as well as Covid still raging other countries of the world.  We don't know for sure yet if those of us who have been vaccinated will need yearly booster shots like the yearly flu shots.  There are still 35% to 40% of people who have not received the vaccine (or who probably will not get it and end up hospitalized or dead) in spite of the fact it's the vaccine that is getting the pandemic under control.  I'm optimistic enough to remove the mask on my avatar but cautious enough to still wear it in many places for a while yet.

@rusty pins

Do you think that the new "delta" and other variants can be dealt with with the current vaccine?  Whatever these variants are, I would hate to catch them, or have to "backstep" if someone I contact either can't get the vaccine because of reactions, or because they simply don't want or believe in the vaccine for whatever reason.

I use my mask at work, when I KNOW or believe someone may not be vaccinated, or because i know that they have reacted to it, and can't get the second shot.  I also am STILL REQUIRED to done my mask if:

1.  I board a GMT Bus that takes me ANYWHERE (The mandate is FEDERAL, so even though the STATE lifted all restrictions, IF there is a FEDERAL mandate, I must continue to comply.)

2.  I enter Hospitals, Clinics, Doctor's offices, or other facilities run by the UVM Heath Network, CVMC (Central Vermont Medical Center). This is because CVMC facilities REQUIRE it still.  I would do this for any facility providing medical care services.

3.  I enter a business that in still enforcing capacity limits, or decides that THEY want us to still don masks to enter, and do business with them (State mandate is lifted:  Businesses can decide now if they want masks in their businesses).

4.  My DAD or Stepmom REQUESTS Me, my brother James, or other visitors to mask:  This is because my Dad has COPD, and has trouble breathing and maintains his trachea with suction machines, nebulizers and other devices:  Dad could CATCH something from someone, and even a COLD or something that he gets, could cause him to have to deal with Flem, Mucus, and can make it harder on him.  James and i LOVE our Dad, and we want to make sure that he is healthy, and we don't want Dad OR our Stepmom to get SICK, or Dad or HER will be a "customer" of pulmonology services, and that would NOT be good, because Dad may take longer to get better, because of his age.

5.  If Requested by Family Members

I am optimistic that we may soon be able to remove ALL federal mandates.  That will depend on vaccination rates, and how the CDC thinks we are doing with the Pandemic.  With variants out there I don't think that we will be able to do that yet, because we don't know how many Variants are out there, and how the other countries of the world deal with COVID-19, and if the Variants are dealt with.

It isn't OVER yet:  We STILL need to be cautious, but we CAN start to NOT mask in MOST, but not ALL situations.  I Pray that God will with me and others, and will help us rid the planet of this condition!

1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

Capture.JPG

@DailyDi@NorthShoreAdam

I know something else made "in China" that I use EVERY Day: That is Northshore Megamax Diapers.  I don't know if Biden removed the tariffs that were on products made in China, or if Adam has to deal with these tariffs still?  If he does, that probably means that costs of making them could rise. 

And to think, the tariffs were put in place to make sure China paid its fair share?  I think all that did was make products like Megamax more EXPENSIVE overall, and as far as I can see, what happens is that costs go UP for the consumer.

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
REMOVED the STOOPID automerged reply

So far what I have seen is the vaccine is effective against some of these new strains, but not quite as effective.  For the original strain they said 95% effective, for the new variant 88 % effective after 2 shots, 35% effective with just one.  The new strain is more contagious and more deadly which is why people still need to get vaccinated.

There have been several new strains of Covid that have cropped up or mutated in the past year.  They have spread to and from other countries and the newest strain is in at least 48 states here in the USA and has become the dominant strain.  Why be cautious and continue to mask and distance?  Look how this started a year and a half ago with just a few infected people and spread all over the world.  Who's to say there isn't another more deadly mutant strain developing right now just like all the other mutant strains.  The next strain might be totally resistant to the vaccines.  Who's willing to take that chance all over again?

• Like 1
22 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@DailyDi@NorthShoreAdam

I know something else made "in China" that I use EVERY Day: That is Northshore Megamax Diapers.  I don't know if Biden removed the tariffs that were on products made in China, or if Adam has to deal with these tariffs still?  If he does, that probably means that costs of making them could rise. 

And to think, the tariffs were put in place to make sure China paid its fair share?  I think all that did was make products like Megamax more EXPENSIVE overall, and as far as I can see, what happens is that costs go UP for the consumer.

Brian

Biden administration has not changed any policies from Trump era regarding trade or tariffs with China. We still have tariffs from China on diapers and other products. Biden administration did agree to moratorium on trade war with Europe this month...which didn't affect diapers, but is a step in the right direction. However, there are no indications that any moratorium or change to tariff policy with China is imminent, unfortunately.

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just as I feared, the Delta variant is the dominant strain now in all 50 states in the USA.  Not just here but around the world.  There is talk of canceling the Olympics in Japan, and even if they go through as planned, there will be no spectators.  Japan has a 15% vaccination rate.

Here in the U.S. Covid is spiking in many states, especially the Midwest such as Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri and Kansas.  Hospitals are starting to get overwhelmed again.  We cautiously opened up again and relaxed restrictions so now people think everything is back to normal.  No need to take precautions or get the vaccines because it's over with, so just do as you please again.  That attitude is the most dangerous one to have and one that will close us back down and cause the hospitalizations and deaths to rise again. 

In just about every news or TV report it's been said the majority of infected are younger people and those who have not gotten their vaccine.  One family shown on the TV news last night implored their middle age mother to get the vaccine but she kept putting it off.  She caught Covid and died weeks later.  Her one teary eyed daughter was describing on the news how she was there as her mother took her last breath.  Is it worth it to put your family through that grief because you refuse to get a vaccination that can prevent you from getting sick or dying? 

I just can't believe people.  If you get the flu, you go to your doctor for an antibiotic.  People get flu shots each year to help protect themselves.  They take precautions so they won't catch cold or bronchitis.  They stay clear of anyone who has a cold or is sick so they won't catch it.  With Covid-19 people just don't seem to care in spite of the fact that Covid-19 is much more deadly and contagious.  They'd rather complain instead that they have to keep their distance from others and wear a mask to protect themselves and those around.  Why is that any different than staying away from people with colds or the flu so you don't catch it from them? 

The Salk vaccine wiped out polio in the last century.  Diphtheria, Hepatits, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Tetanus and Whooping Cough to name a few that have nearly been wiped out with vaccines. There have been so many medical advances in the last 100 years that what was a common illness back then is rare these days.  Vaccines do help wipe out illnesses!  It's proven and it's a fact.  People don't like it when they get sick.  They are off work, feel miserable, vomiting, stuffed up head, feavor, in bed shivering and pleading for a medication that will make them feel better and get over whatever bug they caught.

Tell me then, WHY THE HELL WON'T PEOPLE GET THEIR COVID VACCINATIONS TO HELP PROTECT THEMSELVES AND THOSE AROUND THEM FROM THE MOST DEADLY WORLD WIDE PANDEMIC IN YEARS THAT HAS ALREADY TAKEN THE LIVES OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD!!

My feeling is we will be right back where we started last year with closures around the country and restrictions because things are starting to rise again.  And this is with the Delta variant being dominant.  There have been several variant's so far since the original Covid-19, how many more will crop up?

PLEASE! SWALLOW YOUR STUBBORN PRIDE AND GET YOUR VACCINE!!

I've had my first shot two weeks ago (Pfizer) and will get my second shot 11 days from now. I live in the EU and unfortunately our country is shamefully behind in vaccinating compared to a lot of other countries. But on the bright side, according to the latest polls 87% of our population 16 and older either is already vaccinated or is planning to get their shots when it is their turn. It pains me to see that a lot of Americans won't get their shots even though they are readily available there, while other countries are literally and figuratively dying to get the vaccines.

Our country was just opening up, but unfortunately they had to revert some of that because of a huge spike in infections mainly in younger people, most of them not (fully) vaccinated yet.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, square_duck said:

That author is an idiot and is ascribing intelligent actions to viruses. Vaccines don't make viruses mutate, they mutate all on their own. What happens is that vaccines kill off more of the original strain, and the mutated version becomes more common. Even without a vaccine the Delta and other variants would be out there.

I'm so sickened by people in the world!  Florida which has the highest rate of Covid 19 infections and hospitalizations in the country, no ICU beds left, children on ventilators and dying and the stupid Governor stating no mask mandates and he will cut funding for any school who mandates it!  Texas!  The same with their Governor, kids dying, no ICU beds and not only is he mandating no masks in schools, he's now begging for help from other states and asking for ventilators because his state is out of control with the spread of Covid-19!  Yet he still won't do anything to help prevent the spread!  What an A$$!  In the face of his state melting down, he still takes a stance against masking and prevention!  And the parents in the background!  They cheer them on!  They care more about their damn political stance than they do about the lives of their own children!  That's what this country has become in the past few years!  So fanatical and split among party lines they would rather let their own children die than admit the CDC, WHO, science, Dr. Fauci and all the other experts are right! 

They say they should let their parents decide!  OK, you going to also let the parents decide they want their 7 year old to carry around a loaded gun, go to the local bar and drink or get in the family car and drive 70 MPH down the freeway?  There are laws in place to prevent stupid people from letting their kids do stupid things!  Those laws from experts who have studied the situations and science for years are there for a reason!  Because there are just too many stupid people in the world!

16 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

I'm so sickened by people in the world!  Florida which has the highest rate of Covid 19 infections and hospitalizations in the country, no ICU beds left, children on ventilators and dying and the stupid Governor stating no mask mandates and he will cut funding for any school who mandates it!  Texas!  The same with their Governor, kids dying, no ICU beds and not only is he mandating no masks in schools, he's now begging for help from other states and asking for ventilators because his state is out of control with the spread of Covid-19!  Yet he still won't do anything to help prevent the spread!  What an A$$!  In the face of his state melting down, he still takes a stance against masking and prevention!  And the parents in the background!  They cheer them on!  They care more about their damn political stance than they do about the lives of their own children!  That's what this country has become in the past few years!  So fanatical and split among party lines they would rather let their own children die than admit the CDC, WHO, science, Dr. Fauci and all the other experts are right! 

*********They say they should let their parents decide!  OK, you going to also let the parents decide they want their 7 year old to carry around a loaded gun, go to the local bar and drink or get in the family car and drive 70 MPH down the freeway?  There are laws in place to prevent stupid people from letting their kids do stupid things!  Those laws from experts who have studied the situations and science for years are there for a reason!******* 

Because there are just too many stupid people in the world!

It seems to me, that because they are not very good at it, Americans shouldn't be allowed to elect people,

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I blame those not getting vaccinated, as the CDC has even stated, 98% of new covid cases are from "Unvaccinated" and that of the few that were Vaccinated and did catch the Delta strain, that there have been 0 deaths. So yeah, to those still choosing not to get vaccinated, not only to protect yourself, but others around you, You reap what you sow.

Why would people take note of what an ordinary citizen says? Anyway... 

My second vaccination is on 7 September but I don't know what difference it makes. I hardly have reason to leave home anyway.

I am not and I mean it I am not getting the Vaccine!  Now that is my thoughts.  I am not fueling tis debate.  With my thoughts.

Though just to let you now I can not wear a mask for long periods of time.  The only time a mask goes on this face is when I take my mom to her Doctors.  And or if she needs to go to the ER.  When I go into Costco I have to wear it.  But not lately.  I do not wear it when at work I got my Doctor to write me a Doctors note so I do not have to wear it.

As for the Vaccine well Time will tell what will happen to everyone who got it.  I am not debating nor saying anything bad will happen though time will tell.

@rusty pins Since you work in a Hospital.  Please try to explain to me how Covid is so contagious?

When my one Boss got Covid last year and after he came back from his leave for having it.  I asked him did your wife get it.  He said no.  Did you sleep in same bed as her.  He said yes.  So how is it that a highly contagious virus that someone sleeps with their wife the wife doesn't get it but he had it.

I have another friend who said the same thing.  But the other person didn't get it.

@Ellie Jean Thank you for all your words. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1