LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Boom!

12 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Heard a loud explosion and now there's black smoke off in the distance. Neighbor who drove over says a house exploded. Has leak or meth lab?

boom.jpg

Wow! That's interesting!????

17 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Heard a loud explosion and now there's black smoke off in the distance. Neighbor who drove over says a house exploded. Has leak or meth lab?

boom.jpg

@DailyDi@BabySpiderBoy

If that was a GAS explosion, due to propane, the likelihood is that there was a leak and something, such as a spark set off the explosion, or any use of an open arc.  In this case, they will probably investigate, and determine the cause, and while this is going on, the people living there may have to wait for a while, before rebuilding, if that is what they choose to do.  If this was an explosion due to a METH LAB, they will probably will have to bring in a HAZ Mat team, remove all of the chemicals used to make meth, and then DECONTAMINATE the house and grounds, because it won't likely be safe to live there until the house is clear of the junk, and the grounds are checked, as the processes used to make it cause chemicals to be also released into the air and surrounding water in some cases.

I Hope no one was injured!  My God:  Keep us advised Mikey :)

Brian

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Moochie said:

Oh my, I also hope no one was injured or filled their pants!

Not to worry Moochie.  If you were in that neighborhood when the house blew up, your pants would already be filled! 

Years ago a house exploded in our town, at least 5 miles away.  The guy and his wife had a fight, she and the kids left that evening and later the house totally exploded!  Nothing was left.  Never did find out the cause.  It was speculated a gas leak or the guy opened the gas lines and blew himself up.  The thing is I worked with him, although on different shifts when I was in my late 20's or early 30's.  I even sold him my old stereo record player, receiver and speakers (this was before CD's were popular).  In hind site, I wouldn't have put it past the guy to be doing drugs, but I doubt he had a meth lab back then.  Wife got a new house built on the same site but I don't know if she still lives there.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AbabeBill said:

It’s never good. Especially when, no matter what, first responders have to come out and put themselves at risk. I hope it wasn’t much of a thing. 

@AbabeBill@DailyDi

When I was growing up, there were 5 local elementary Schools in the City.  One of them, Mathewson School, was a K-5 school, and then you would go to Spaulding Graded School for 6-8, and then Spaulding High School for Grades 9-12.  The Mathewson School is like 2,000 feet from me, which may be too close or far by my distance calculations.  However, Mathewson School had a YELLOW apartment house that sat on the corner, for MANY years.

THEN, one day, a Blue Flame Gas Technician, was with another hired contractor, and they were digging, and RUPTURED a GAS line, and being PROPANE/LP, they didn't realize they Hit the line for a few seconds, until they shut down the equipment, and smelled GAS - They only had SECONDS, and the next thing I know, the house EXPLODED, and tenants in that building died:  The force of the explosion was so GREAT, it broke windows in like 5 buildings, and could be heard ALL over the Downtown area, and even rocked City Hall, which is on the WAAAAAY far end of Main Street:  NEVER FOOL with Gas or oil line breaks:  Those explosions KILL - To this day, there is a bench and a small sitting area where that yellow house on the corner of Jefferson and Summer Street Stood:  I'll never forget that day, because you could feel that blast in most all of the downtown area!

God Bless our Paramedics/EMTs and First Responders:  They do so much, and put their lives on the line to save others:  I SALUTE them!  I also hope that the result they find is not tragic, but you never can tell these days.

Praying :)

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
corrected spelling on a word/other edits

As a first responder that just kinda gets me excited, looks like a hell of a fire to fight. As long as no one is hurt thats all that matters. Stuff can be replaced people cannot. Looks like there will be nothing left from those pictures.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Timmybaby said:

As a first responder that just kinda gets me excited, looks like a hell of a fire to fight. As long as no one is hurt thats all that matters. Stuff can be replaced people cannot. Looks like there will be nothing left from those pictures.

For sure!

There was a house explosion 3 miles or so from me a couple of years ago. I heard and felt it. The house, which had been a good-sized two-story and fairly new, was totally leveled, with pieces of insulation, lumber etc. hanging from the tall fir trees all around the lot. The homeowner and his wife had been in the house. Someone who knew them said he'd been working on one of the gas appliances.

6 hours ago, Timmybaby said:

once that site is cleaned up, it be a good chance for some fun time with power tools(by that i mean doing some carpentry, seems like fun to me!) did they get the cause of it?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, feralfreak said:

once that site is cleaned up, it be a good chance for some fun time with power tools(by that i mean doing some carpentry, seems like fun to me!) did they get the cause of it?

I'm not too sure i don't respond there lol but thats definitely gonna be a rebuild, no fixing that

We had this happen across the highway where I live. The gas company didnt seal the propane tank, and people complained about the smell, and the gas company couldn't find it until a house exploded. Sadly an elderly couple died, and a few houses surrounding it also were damaged beyond repair. It cracked and shock decks in my small subdivision.

10 hours ago, Cute_Kitten said:

Could be a gas leak (see kids, this is why lighting your farts on fire is a bad idea), but I'm gonna play devil's advocate and go with meth lab because 'murica baby and it's current year. ?

making that shit is illegal here, its got nothing to do with America

More than likely not a meth lab.  Due to the decreased price in both meth and heroin from Mexico, it is easier for the meth heads to just buy the Mexican ice instead of making it themselves.  Especially since the meth heads ruined it for everybody when you try to purchase Pseudoephedrine for a cold.  I haven't seen a meth lab while at work in probably 3 years.  

I agree with PoPo.   We're in the meth capital of the world right here and talking to the local narcs the Mexican stuff has driven the homebrewers out of the market.     Besides when the spring comes here, the pollen methheads start looking for ways to turn their stuff back into Sudafed.

What we do have here is people butane refining hash out of pot and people attempting to steal copper from dangerous places (like live power substations).

Another possible cause might be what happened out this way earlier today. A house exploded due to illegal fireworks and their storage..... I think someone was killed as well. Just a thought.