LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tykables Camelot diapers.

SoggySoCal

Maybe ill have the gf get me a pack for my birthday. But price wise, nah. Im sure its justified for production,shipping, and all the other chain of process. 

Maybe ill have the gf get me a pack for my birthday. But price wise, nah. Im sure its justified for production,shipping, and all the other chain of process. 

21 hours ago, AwakenEvil said:

Sort of looks like a PeekAbo from ABU with different characters

Yeah, except the ABU has front and back waistbands, (which I like), but these apparently don't have that feature. They also state a 6250 ml capacity, so 7000 isn't that much more really. I just wonder about Tykables chassis construction, aquisition layer/  SAP/ fluff combination. The ones I have tried all seem to get really "mushy" feeling when they get heavily wet. Not like Crinkles or Megas, which just swell up and get a kind of "doughy" feeling. Might have to try a couple to find out....

I have never found an elastic waistband, front or back that does anything for the disposable diapers I wear.  It doesn't help hold it in place, and quite the contrary will actually make the diaper fit loose around my waist unless I pull it so tight the elastic is streached all the way to it's maximum!  Even then, when soaked the diaper sags and won't stay up without a onesie or pants to help.  Anyone here actually wear diapers with elastic front or back and they work to help hold up the diaper?

Well, I’m certainly intrigued. But I’ve still got quite a few to get through before I can even start to think about getting any more. Though thanks to another DD member, I got to give some of the other Tykables designs a try, and they are definitely in the running when I make my next order. 

Well, I’m certainly intrigued. But I’ve still got quite a few to get through before I can even start to think about getting any more. Though thanks to another DD member, I got to give some of the other Tykables designs a try, and they are definitely in the running when I make my next order. 

On 9/10/2020 at 11:01 AM, square_duck said:

Yeah, except the ABU has front and back waistbands, (which I like), but these apparently don't have that feature. They also state a 6250 ml capacity, so 7000 isn't that much more really. I just wonder about Tykables chassis construction, aquisition layer/  SAP/ fluff combination. The ones I have tried all seem to get really "mushy" feeling when they get heavily wet. Not like Crinkles or Megas, which just swell up and get a kind of "doughy" feeling. Might have to try a couple to find out....

Personal experience from wearing many types all day (so to minimise changes after waking up and working from home) ...

ABUs are great, but every one I've tried will develop a leak, even a small one.

Crinkles/Better Dry are great, but don't hold anywhere as much as ...

Tykables.  These things are ridiculous - yes they feel more mushy, I'll give you that, but unless you flood them to their limit, you will struggled to leak.  There is an absolute limit of course and the only problem with these being SO good is that when you hit that limit, the leak is a flood.

On balance, of all the brands I've tried, Tykables are my favourite for a few reasons. 

I have tried both brands, and the only Tykables I "liked" were the over nights. Havn' t tried any of the others like "galaxy" or other more "heavy duty" ones. I have found that I REALLY like the better drys and many of the ABU brand products. They just seem to work right, which is amazing since I used to be really hard on ABU, for thier products being more " props" for AB play, than real functional, practical "diapers". That seems to have changed with a new owner, who took things more seriously. 

Anyways, like many things, diapers are very much a personal choice.  I voice my opinions and views based on personal experiance, and I expect nothing less from others. Views and preferences will differ quite a bit, but that is ok. There are plenty diaper brands to go around. Each individual just has to decide if what they are looking for is worth while, or worth the expense.... or not. 

It must be a size and fit preference based off unique body types. I have tried every diaper on the market, ABDL as well as medical and Tykables are one of my least favorite. They are too wide, too long and I don’t care for the way the feel or fit. Most of the ABU, Nursery Print and Little Trunks from Little for Big and the European Tena plastic backed diapers are my favorites. They are soft and can take at least 3 wettings from me and I haven’t had a leak in years

6 hours ago, Babyqtboy said:

It must be a size and fit preference based off unique body types. I have tried every diaper on the market, ABDL as well as medical and Tykables are one of my least favorite. They are too wide, too long and I don’t care for the way the feel or fit. Most of the ABU, Nursery Print and Little Trunks from Little for Big and the European Tena plastic backed diapers are my favorites. They are soft and can take at least 3 wettings from me and I haven’t had a leak in years

I would say body type plays a big part in preference but so do individual needs such as being a person who floods vs a person who wets in small spurts or dribbles, or someone who needs a diaper to last all day vs someone who only wishes to wear for a few hours at a time, someone who is highly active vs someone who is mostly sedentary, etc. Different diapers are going to suit different people.

Personally, I love ABU DinoRawrz and PeekABU. They fit me better than Bambinos, which are the only other ABDL diapers I have tried so far, and while they certainly have a higher capacity than I need most of the time, it isn't so ridiculously high that I feel like I'm wasting them when I change after a few hours. The supposed 7,000 ml capacity of the Camelots and other diapers is too much for me - and so is the price tag that comes with that kind of capacity. 

1 hour ago, SoggySoCal said:

Looks like Tykables isn’t living up to their September 10th ship date. My order still hasn’t been updated on their website. Guess we’ll have to wait a bit longer. 

Mine was shipped. On the website says they will have everyone caught up around Sept 18

On 9/17/2020 at 7:43 PM, MegaChar said:

Mine was shipped. On the website says they will have everyone caught up around Sept 18

You get yours ?  Just wondering so wanted to hear your review.

On 9/4/2020 at 7:47 PM, SoggySoCal said:

Looks like we have a new absorbency king headed our way. 7000+ ml claimed capacity. I just ordered a case. Wonder how long until we see a 10,000ml diaper. It’s such a great time to be a DL. Look at all the options we have now. 

https://tykables.com/products/camelot-diapers

You get your camelot's yet?

1 hour ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

You get yours ?  Just wondering so wanted to hear your review.

You get your camelot's yet?

I did but I havent "used" them yet to set up a review. I do have a picture for now. Can't upload it due to picture size

Got mine yesterday.  They're nice and thick.  Tykables does make a great diaper, no doubt.  It'd be nice if it was all white, though.  I've looked at each of the 5 different patterns on the landing strips, and none of them do anything for me.

Wore one overnight, and it worked well.  Definitely a nice diaper.  

Paigey did a review that she posted on Youtube -- she wore one a full 24 hours.

Ok, I did a bit of math on this, and it gets nuts pretty quick!  I found myself having to do this because, being an American, the metric stuff just gets bothersom..., Like learning a new language, so....anyways.

7000 ml...yeah, in "American standards" equals the following:

29.587 cups ( fliud)

14.793 pints

236.698 OUNCES

7.397 QUARTS!

1.849 Gallons (US)

Now, putting this in perspective, for me anyways, how does this translate into something I can relate to....ie; a point of reference.

So I work from the 'quart' angle. 

Health 'experts' advise that we drink 8, 8 ounce glasses of water a day for "proper hydration", but WTF does that mean??? Took me a while,BUT!, There are 32 ounces in  quart, so 2 quarts is 64 ounces... Just like 8x8=64! ?.....I know!!! Amazing huh??.......yeah. 

So, there are 32 fluid ounces in a quart....thats a typical Gatoraid bottle, which I can drink with out issue. I "try" to drink at least 2 of these a day, if not more, but I end peeing a LOT!!!, Which while working, is annoying. But I still try, but usually it's just 2 bottles, through out the day.

So, going back to our diaper.....(supposedly) over 236 ounces....or almost 7 1/2 Gatoraid bottles!!!! Thats insane!!! I drink 2 'maybe' 3 a day, and this thing hold over twice as much as I take in???? ?

Even Paige in her video said she drinks around 70 ounces of fluids a day....yet this thing holds  twice her intake??....You can't drink enough to fill this thing up!!!! without.... " hyperhydrating"... if there is such a word.

I have a hard enough time filling up a Better dry or Northshore Mega! ..I mean,guys... 7000 ml,..that is a boatload of pee!!! WTF!?!?!?!?? ?

You would have to have a huge bladder, and be flooding this heavily repeatedly over time to get it to max capacity. You would have to have the bladder of a Horse or Cow to fill this thing!!! Anything less is a waste of the product.

A 24hour diaper???? Well, I don't mind wearing a diaper for a long time, but there is a limit, before you start to smell...or just feel down right GROSS...been there and done both, thank you.

I guess in summary, I ask, ..whats the point??

Good capacity, ok,

No risk of leaks ok,

Can handle multiple heavy floods...ok..........

Then what???? Produce a product just to say you can...? I mean ,the only use I can see for something like this is at a beer drinking contest, to see who is the last to need to use the bathroom, though, wearing one of these might be considered cheating... ?

So anyways, I hope my little math illustration helps in some way...or adds some perspective or a reference point. 

Would I try them??? Well...maybe a sample, since, as I said, I have my challenges with Better drys and Northshore Megas, why go to something beyond those???... Don't know. 

So, as I said, hope this helps somehow in some way....for someone, somewhere...

qwack

2 hours ago, square_duck said:

Ok, I did a bit of math on this, and it gets nuts pretty quick!  I found myself having to do this because, being an American, the metric stuff just gets bothersom..., Like learning a new language, so....anyways.

7000 ml...yeah, in "American standards" equals the following:

29.587 cups ( fliud)

14.793 pints

236.698 OUNCES

7.397 QUARTS!

1.849 Gallons (US)

Now, putting this in perspective, for me anyways, how does this translate into something I can relate to....ie; a point of reference.

So I work from the 'quart' angle. 

Health 'experts' advise that we drink 8, 8 ounce glasses of water a day for "proper hydration", but WTF does that mean??? Took me a while,BUT!, There are 32 ounces in  quart, so 2 quarts is 64 ounces... Just like 8x8=64! ?.....I know!!! Amazing huh??.......yeah. 

So, there are 32 fluid ounces in a quart....thats a typical Gatoraid bottle, which I can drink with out issue. I "try" to drink at least 2 of these a day, if not more, but I end peeing a LOT!!!, Which while working, is annoying. But I still try, but usually it's just 2 bottles, through out the day.

So, going back to our diaper.....(supposedly) over 236 ounces....or almost 7 1/2 Gatoraid bottles!!!! Thats insane!!! I drink 2 'maybe' 3 a day, and this thing hold over twice as much as I take in???? ?

Even Paige in her video said she drinks around 70 ounces of fluids a day....yet this thing holds  twice her intake??....You can't drink enough to fill this thing up!!!! without.... " hyperhydrating"... if there is such a word.

I have a hard enough time filling up a Better dry or Northshore Mega! ..I mean,guys... 7000 ml,..that is a boatload of pee!!! WTF!?!?!?!?? ?

You would have to have a huge bladder, and be flooding this heavily repeatedly over time to get it to max capacity. You would have to have the bladder of a Horse or Cow to fill this thing!!! Anything less is a waste of the product.

A 24hour diaper???? Well, I don't mind wearing a diaper for a long time, but there is a limit, before you start to smell...or just feel down right GROSS...been there and done both, thank you.

I guess in summary, I ask, ..whats the point??

Good capacity, ok,

No risk of leaks ok,

Can handle multiple heavy floods...ok..........

Then what???? Produce a product just to say you can...? I mean ,the only use I can see for something like this is at a beer drinking contest, to see who is the last to need to use the bathroom, though, wearing one of these might be considered cheating... ?

So anyways, I hope my little math illustration helps in some way...or adds some perspective or a reference point. 

Would I try them??? Well...maybe a sample, since, as I said, I have my challenges with Better drys and Northshore Megas, why go to something beyond those???... Don't know. 

So, as I said, hope this helps somehow in some way....for someone, somewhere...

qwack

Bit of a problem with that. Your not considering that we are much bigger that toddlers are and need the extra absorbency compared to kids. I did some math myself on what some of the baby diapers absorbencys would be like scaled up to adults and it comes out to between 4000 ml to 9600 ml(8 ×500 ml[Huggies Snug and dry] to 8 ×1200ml[Bambo Nature])(Note: Comparison between Size 6 to Size L(12). Used L size for adverage adult).

These diapers are the adult equivalent of some store brand diapers for children. Not quite Bambo Nature absorbency levels but getting there. Price is above but not by too much. They would be about 50 cents a diaper if scaled down to a size 6($40 divided by 8). These are deffonally abdl diapers that push the envelope a little bit plus have a design that i have been pushing for many years.

PS: 9600ml for a adult diaper absorbency is about as high as you want to go because that level matches the absorbency of the most absorbent baby diaper on the market scaled up to adult size

4 hours ago, MegaChar said:

Bit of a problem with that. Your not considering that we are much bigger that toddlers are and need the extra absorbency compared to kids. I did some math myself on what some of the baby diapers absorbencys would be like scaled up to adults and it comes out to between 4000 ml to 9600 ml(8 ×500 ml[Huggies Snug and dry] to 8 ×1200ml[Bambo Nature])(Note: Comparison between Size 6 to Size L(12). Used L size for adverage adult).

These diapers are the adult equivalent of some store brand diapers for children. Not quite Bambo Nature absorbency levels but getting there. Price is above but not by too much. They would be about 50 cents a diaper if scaled down to a size 6($40 divided by 8). These are deffonally abdl diapers that push the envelope a little bit plus have a design that i have been pushing for many years.

PS: 9600ml for a adult diaper absorbency is about as high as you want to go because that level matches the absorbency of the most absorbent baby diaper on the market scaled up to adult size

He still isn't wrong, though. According to MedlinePlus the average adult urinates between 800 and 2,000ml every 24 hours with a normal intake of 2 liters of fluids. Regardless of our size compared to toddlers he is correct in saying that a supposed capacity of 7,000ml is way over what a normal adult drinking a normal amount will put out over the course of a day. Also, compared to body weight, adults urinate less than infants and children, with toddlers urinating 1.5ml/kg/hr compared to adults at 0.5ml/kg/hr. (The normal weight for a 36-month-old tops out at 38lbs, or 17.24kg, for a urine output of 25.86ml/hr or 620.64ml/day. This supports what I already know from experience as a nanny and babysitter - baby/toddler diapers aren't used to capacity most of the time so they don't really NEED that capacity of 500-1,200ml.) So while your point that a 9600ml capacity is needed to be scaled properly vs toddler diapers may indeed be valid, @square_duck isn't wrong that no healthy adult under normal circumstances is going to void 7,000ml in 24 hours. (And from a personal standpoint, I agree that I would not want to stay in that diaper long enough to use it to max capacity.) 

• Like 1

7000ml isn’t a huge jump from 6000ml of the other Tykables or the 6250 of the PeekABU’s. I can fill to capacity two to three of those a day without much trouble. You guys can crunch numbers all you want and talk about averages. My guess is most DL’s are staying well hydrated and pee far more that most. I know I do at least. 

• Like 2