LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

For Those Who Wear Diapers To Bed

I didn't want to put this in the Incontinence Bedwetters sub forum because it applies to AB, DL and maybe those who have some level of night time incontinence.

My question is, if you are not incontinent but enjoy wearing diapers to bed as an AB or DL, do you wake up when you need to pee, just go in your diaper and then fall back asleep?  If so, how many times a night do you wake up to pee in your diaper?  Do you just pee in whatever position you are in or do you roll over on your back and wet to avoid leaking out the side of your diaper?

If you are or are not incontinent and sleep in diapers, do you wet in your sleep without waking up?  If so, is that every night or just now and then that you don't wake up when you pee?  If you don't wear a diaper to bed, would you still wet in your sleep or not?  I've been under the impression that some people will wet if they have a diaper on but when they don't they will wake up when they have to pee.  If you have daytime control, do you still wet in your sleep and would you be afraid you would wet your bed if you didn't wear a diaper?  Has wearing diapers to bed caused you to unconsciously wet in your sleep without knowing over time, or do you still regain control and wake up due to the urge of needing to go to the bathroom?

I've chosen to use nappies permanently for the past six months and although I've woken up to wet nappies without the memory of performing the soaking a few times I'm still really struggling to get uncontrolled wettings whilst sleeping (in any reasonable position).  As soon as I stand up and stretch however I'll probably be rewarded with a soggy cascade.  I'd love the helpless feeling of knowing that I'd become a chronic bedwetter.  I suppose that as usual varying liquid intake (and in my case differences in the number of glaucoma pills that I've had recently) cause varying levels of night-time bladder activity.  I still can't resist sleeping on my side sometimes (with a pillow or cushion between my knees), but I'm trying to switch to sleeping on my back as it's easier to cuddle a bear that way.

Night time has been the biggest thorn in my side when it has come to trying to unpotty train myself.  As a child I never wet the bed and I have had maybe one or two times where I knowingly wet myself without waking up.  Typically I will get up a few times while sleeping and get something to drink.  I almost always wet my diaper on the way to refrigerator.  If I am awoken by the need to pee pee and I do not need to quench my thirst then I will wet my diaper almost always laying on my back in bed and then fall back asleep.  This can sometimes be difficult so generally I take and put my legs in a frog like position with the soles of my feet touching one another.  This position for whatever reason always allows my pee pee to flow freely.  Quite honestly I do not believe at this time I would be over concerned I would wet the bed if unprotected even after wearing diapers permanently for almost three years.

Years ago (maybe 2011 or 2012) I would try to go to bed wearing a diaper. I felt so self-conscious. I don't think I had discovered a community like this yet. Maybe I had, depending on the timing. I just couldn't get to sleep.

A few years ago I did try again sleeping with a diaper. It was a couple of nights of the most peaceful sleep I've ever had. But I woke up (I normally do) long before I needed to go. Last night, I went to sleep in a soaked diaper. This is probably my new normal. It is absolutely comforting and relaxing -- and waking up in the morning realising that I was already wet (although these new diapers have a way of making it feel dry after a few hours) was exhilairating. I am trying something different for tomorrow morning though. I'm going to bed double diapered and double wet (since I said in my review that my new diaper will not hold more than one bladder full).

But I'm getting way off the point and one might suggest hijacking a post. This is not my intention. To answer the question... no, I would go to bed wet. I don't think I would ever want to wet while sleeping, although - who knows - that could happen sometime... or it could change.

I think I’ve gotten to a point where I will usually wet while sleeping if diapered. I intentionally drink a bunch of water before bedtime so I’ll have to go. I’ve pretty much gotten it down to a science on how much to drink to make sure I’m near or at capacity by the time I wake. If I fall asleep quickly I will usually wake up once or twice a night to pee. I will usually be wet or wetter than I was when I first went to bed. I’ll pee again and go back to sleep. The times I wake up I usually tactically pee and orient myself so I flood areas of my diaper that are not wet. It usually works out, but sometimes I don’t wake up and leak. I’m not sure if it’s legit bed wetting. I know I can sleep without a diaper and stay dry. I think I’m just so relaxed and comfortable with diapers and wetting in different positions I wake up and do it effortlessly and I just forget I did it in the morning. I’m fine with that though. 

For the past couple of weeks I've padded up in a fresh Abena Comfort L4 (poly) and PUL waterproof pants with a microfiber diaper stuffer in the bottom/back.  I situate my "boy-bits" down into the diaper so I don't pee into my belly button when I'm on my back.   I then roll over on my belly and empty my bladder into the front(ish) part of the diaper.  It's actually the bottom of the diaper but due to my belly-down position it flows into the front padding for the most part.

This manoeuvre gets the front padding nicely wet and warm and I fall fast to sleep.  About an hour later, I'll roll over on my side or back and get more comfortable.  If I manage another bladder release overnight, it is almost always while on my back.  I may have to resituate my bits back down again if they ride up a little, so they're pointing down into the crotch again, then I let go (usually following a bit of deep focused meditation to permit release).  It's awesome to feel the warm waterfall rolling over my "rocks" and into the back of the diaper.

None of this happens automatically in my sleep.  In my case, peeing is kind of like sneezing.  It cannot be done (yet) in my sleep.  As others have pointed out here and in other forums and threads, even they probably wake up before initiating a stream and the fall back asleep without any memory of the event.  Other times I would imagine a semi-waking lucid dream of peeing may elicit the peeing reflex in your brain, similar to "wet dreams" that some men experience at times (myself included) where an erotic dream can lead to an actual release.

I wore one of my biggest thickest diapers (Rearz Barnyard) last night hoping my drinking a lot of water over the past few days would at least lead to me wetting in my bed, if not while sleeping. I woke up dry, which means I'm enjoying navigating my runs to the store with quite the waddle today.

So many questions, what are you contemplating?

My question is, if you are not incontinent but enjoy wearing diapers to bed as an AB or DL, do you wake up when you need to pee, just go in your diaper and then fall back asleep?  Yes, waking with the urge I nonchalantly use my diaper and continue sleeping.

If so, how many times a night do you wake up to pee in your diaper?  Hopefully not awake, but either way I probably average three times per night.

Do you just pee in whatever position you are in or do you roll over on your back and wet to avoid leaking out the side of your diaper?  Generally wet in place.  With enough diaper leaks are not an issue for me.

If you are or are not incontinent and sleep in diapers, do you wet in your sleep without waking up?  Yes.

If so, is that every night or just now and then that you don't wake up when you pee?  So far this year it’s almost 90% of the time.

If you don't wear a diaper to bed, would you still wet in your sleep or not?  For the longest time I was 100% dry when not wearing and consuming extra fluid.  That’s no longer the case, but true unplanned accidents are infrequent.

If you have daytime control, do you still wet in your sleep and would you be afraid you would wet your bed if you didn't wear a diaper?  True unplanned accidents happen so seldom that I generally don’t worry about them.

Has wearing diapers to bed caused you to unconsciously wet in your sleep without knowing over time, or do you still regain control and wake up due to the urge of needing to go to the bathroom?  When wearing night after night sleep wetting becomes more frequent as time passes.  After an extended period of wearing control is iffy the first few nights without but quickly approaches 100%.

3 hours ago, TinyBunny said:

That's the thing.  I want to be a bedwetter but I'd rather not be a bedwetter if my nappies are going to overflow all of the time.  I'm not really a big plastic pants fan.

For the vast majority of the time, Abena L4s do well without the PUL and microfiber.  I've only started wearing the pants and stuffer as a safeguard against leakage.  I have leaked through the back of an Abena when sleeping (no elastic gathers in the back) even though they can theoretically hold a maximum of 4 liters.  I have gone all night without leaking when wearing a Tranquility ATN, even though independent testing by those who use diapers and publish their results, prove that the ATN can only hold about 900 mL of liquid before leaking.

Why can I sleep all night sometimes with an ATN without leaking but leak out the waist of an Abena Abriform Comfort?  It boils down to variables of how much fluid consumption before bed, how many voids over night and the volume of each void.

Anyway, with Abena L4's, I very RARELY leak at night so once you find the right diaper for overnight use, you should be relatively safe without the waterproof cover that I use.  I would however suggest getting a waterproof mattress cover and a set of large washable bed pads to sleep on.  I sleep on one every night as an added guarantee against an unscheduled linen change.  Mine are 36"x52" and hold 1500 mL.  I bought them in August last year, a pack of three from Amazon for $38.00.  

I don't wet in my sleep, and very rarely wake during the night needing to pee (maybe once every 3-4 months). I only wear to bed once in a while and when I do I will either skip my last trip to the bathroom before bed and wet before I fall asleep, or go to sleep dry and soak it when I wake up in the morning. On the off chance that I'm wearing on one of those rare occasions where I wake overnight needing to pee I will wet my diaper and go back to sleep.

Once or twice a year I'll have the house to myself for anywhere from 1-3 weeks when the housemates go on vacation. During those times I occasionally intentionally overload on fluids so I not only wet before I go to sleep but also wake once or twice during the night to pee (and drink some more at that time) and go again upon waking in the morning (although the morning pee depends on how much capacity is left).

Atleast once a night I will wake up to wet. I normally roll to my back and make sure things are pointed in the down direction. Then I will let it go. After I wet I will lay there 2 or 3 mins to make sure it absorbed in. Then I go back to my side and fall right back to sleep. Rare do I wake up already wet.

12 minutes ago, diaperguy said:

I normally roll to my back and make sure things are pointed in the down direction.

It's wonderful that there's enough slack in the average diaper leg (as long as it wasn't put on too tight) to allow one to reach in both sides (legs) with ones fingers to resituate the plumbing...  :)

20 hours ago, rusty pins said:

if you are not incontinent but enjoy wearing diapers to bed as an AB or DL, do you wake up when you need to pee, just go in your diaper and then fall back asleep?  

I’ve always been a very poor sleeper and wake multiple times through the night.  When I first went 24/7, I would make a point of emptying whatever happened to be in my bladder when I woke.

If so, how many times a night do you wake up to pee in your diaper?  

When I started, it was usually one to three times per night.  I suspect it’s more now, perhaps three to five times on those nights where I can remember.

Do you just pee in whatever position you are in or do you roll over on your back and wet to avoid leaking out the side of your diaper?

If I’m in cloth, I will pee wherever I am when I rouse.  In a disposable, I will roll onto my back.  These days, my body seems to have changed behaviour and I will often wake on my back anyway, sometimes already wet.

If you are or are not incontinent and sleep in diapers, do you wet in your sleep without waking up?

I think so but it’s very hard to tell sometimes.  I’m wet anyway.  It can be difficult to know when wetting occurred.  As I've said elsewhere, I recognise it is possible I am waking but not enough to remember doing it.

If so, is that every night or just now and then that you don't wake up when you pee?  

The waking up wet is not every night although it seems to be elevating in frequency.  After it first happened, it didn't happen again for weeks.  It’s probably happening 2 – 3 nights per week right now.

If you don't wear a diaper to bed, would you still wet in your sleep or not?  

I don’t know for sure.  I suspect I would not wet without a diaper but might sleep worse than usual.

I've been under the impression that some people will wet if they have a diaper on but when they don't they will wake up when they have to pee.  If you have daytime control, do you still wet in your sleep and would you be afraid you would wet your bed if you didn't wear a diaper?

Yes, I’d be wary about going to bed unprotected these days just in case.  I don't REALLY know what would happen.

Has wearing diapers to bed caused you to unconsciously wet in your sleep without knowing over time, or do you still regain control and wake up due to the urge of needing to go to the bathroom?

It’s certain that prolonged wearing 24/7 has triggered this.  Some nights I wake up and choose to pee, other nights I wake up to discover I already have peed.  Alcohol is a trigger for memory-free wet diapers in the morning now (and not necessarily THAT much).

I wet 2 or 3 times a night.  I always wake up to wet, then I fall asleep again - so far anyway.  Usually I sleep on my side, & sometimes I wet on my side, but usually I wet on my back, as it's usually easier.  It used to be the only way I could wet at night, but things are becoming easier.  Most nights wetting comes easily, but occasionally I'll wake needing to wet, but it doesn't happen for ages.  No idea why, but I'm hoping that will become easier too.  Putting this into perspective, I've been a full-time wearer during the day for 18 months, but I'd only been able to wear at night occasionally.  Three weeks ago my wife agreed I could wear at night too.  Before I was wearing at night, if I woke up I headed straight for the bathroom every time, without worrying about why I'd woken, and I never actually wet the bed.  I'm much happier now!  I'll watch with interest whether I ever wet in my sleep, but I'm not really bothered whether I do or not, as I'll always be in a nappy anyway.

I do wear diapers to bed and I am semi asleep when I urinate in my diaper. I subconsciously turn on my back out of habit but only if I have a diaper on. If I fall asleep with out a diaper on my crotch gets really sweaty wet and soaks my clothes. besides I'm fecal incontinent and would wake up with poo in my diaper or my clothes. I don't wake up when I'm pooping in my diaper when I'm asleep

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I wear cloth diapers with plastic pants to bed. I always wake up when I feel the urge but I fall right back to sleep afterwards. I was broken from bed wetting at 17 with a wetting alarm so I'm programed to wake at the first urge. It's still much better than having to get up one or two times every night.

Hugs,

Freta

8 minutes ago, FretaBWet said:

I wear cloth diapers with plastic pants to bed. I always wake up when I feel the urge but I fall right back to sleep afterwards. I was broken from bed wetting at 17 with a wetting alarm so I'm programed to wake at the first urge. It's still much better than having to get up one or two times every night.

Hugs,

Freta

My PUL LeakMaster pants were wet last night when I went to be so I chose to wear my Abena L4 without the usual waterproof pants and microfiber stuffer.  I didn't leak last night but Man, do I feel naked without the PUL pants!!!  And that coming from someone who actually has been totally naked in public before!  (I'm a budding "home" nudist who has stripped at the local BDSM dungeon on two separate occasions.)

I generally briefly wake up a couple of times a night after a sleep cycle.  If my bladder needs to empty, I'll roll over onto my back, point my fire hose down, and then go.  I then roll back over and go back to sleep fairly quickly.  

While I suppose I could just let it go, I share a bed with my wife and I'd rather avoid situations where I leak onto the sheets.  It's better to just roll over, ensure the wetness is completely contained and absorbed into the diaper, and roll over than it is to have to use towels to soak up the leak and then wash the sheets off of their regular schedule.

As far as I know, I haven't wet myself in my sleep.  It's not a goal of mine, though.  At my age the practicality of wearing a diaper and being able to urinate at night without completely getting up to go to the bathroom has allowed me to have a great sleeping pattern.

I tried wearing a diaper to bed last Tuesday night. I woke up in the middle of the night having to pee in the worst way. I tried telling myself "It's OK. You have a diaper on. Go ahead." Nothing happened. I finally got so uncomfortable, I had to stand up. I went into the bathroom and finally wet the diaper, went back to bed and fell asleep in a warm, damp diaper.

1 hour ago, le Hollandais said:

I tried wearing a diaper to bed last Tuesday night. I woke up in the middle of the night having to pee in the worst way. I tried telling myself "It's OK. You have a diaper on. Go ahead." Nothing happened. I finally got so uncomfortable, I had to stand up. I went into the bathroom and finally wet the diaper, went back to bed and fell asleep in a warm, damp diaper.

It took a long time for me to feel comfortable just letting go while in bed.   A lot of that was building sub-conscious trust in what I was wearing wouldn't leak.  I still have a little bit of that anytime I'm trying out a new product.

I make sure to pee before I fall asleep, so I don't wake up in the night, and I don't wet in my sleep
Sometimes I do wake up earlier than what I want, and then I pee and try to fall asleep again
I sleep in fetal position and pee without changing position

Some times I wonder if I peed while sleeping, or if I woke up, peed and fell asleep again, as diaper is wetter than I remember or that I don't have to pee as much in the morning

Most nights I sleep in a diaper I will wake up wet without remembering waking up to pee.If I dont wear at night sometimes  I do get up to go to the toilet.

My question is, if you are not incontinent but enjoy wearing diapers to bed as an AB or DL, do you wake up when you need to pee, just go in your diaper and then fall back asleep?

Yes, that’s what I do. It’s rare that I actually have to go in the middle of the night though.

If so, how many times a night do you wake up to pee in your diaper?

Once. Usually it’s a large flood, then right back to sleep.

Do you just pee in whatever position you are in or do you roll over on your back and wet to avoid leaking out the side of your diaper?

I’m a side sleeper, though if I’m diapered I try to sleep on my stomach or back. I’ve found that sleeping on my side while diapered stretches and loosens the diaper I’m wearing, and usually end up leaking as a result if I do end up having to go in the middle of the night.

If you are or are not incontinent and sleep in diapers, do you wet in your sleep without waking up?

Nope, at least not recently. I was a bit of a bedwetter when I was a kid, but I haven’t had an episode of that since well before puberty.

If so, is that every night or just now and then that you don't wake up when you pee?

N/A

If you don't wear a diaper to bed, would you still wet in your sleep or not?

No, I’d be perfectly fine.

I've been under the impression that some people will wet if they have a diaper on but when they don't they will wake up when they have to pee.  If you have daytime control, do you still wet in your sleep and would you be afraid you would wet your bed if you didn't wear a diaper?

No, I’d be perfectly fine.

Has wearing diapers to bed caused you to unconsciously wet in your sleep without knowing over time, or do you still regain control and wake up due to the urge of needing to go to the bathroom?

Honestly, the only thing wearing diapers to bed has done for me is give me a better night’s sleep. There’s a level of comfort you get with wearing diapers to bed.

• Like 1