LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

To all DLs (ABs) - why are you...

Let's turn things around a bit. All DLs and/or ABs,

Why are you not wearing diapers 24/7?

As someone who has to be 24/7, there isn't anything really stopping you.  You don't have to tell anyone nor explain yourself.

I don't understand the desire but its harmless. What actually bugs me a bit is the waffling and drama about attempting to find a way to sneak time in a diaper.

If you are going to have a kink, jump in and make a commitment. ?

Really though, if you actually tried 24/7, even in just for urinary use, I doubt many would last a full month.

If I'm off base or you ARE a 24/7  DL, or even AB, please comment your story.  (Seriously, a 24/7 AB, as strange as that is,  would be fascinating.)

But please,  no fantasy stories. 

• Like 2

Because I don't wanna.

I like wearing diapers.  I have a diaper fetish.  I wear a diaper most every night to bed.  And that scratches the itch.

I can wear diapers any time I want to, and I do.  

There are times I don't want to wear a diaper for any  number of reasons.  Mostly it comes down to the fact that wearing a diaper at that particular time is more of an annoyance than pleasurable, such as going for a run.  Other times wearing a diaper just isn't as pleasurable as I want it to be.  Even a 24 hour orgasm would grow old after a while.

If someone wants to wear diapers all the time, great for them.  But I'm just as much of an ABDL as anyone else here, and I don't wear them all the time.  No one is the quintessential ABDL -- we come in all shapes, sizes, genders, etc.  Some don't even use their diapers, and that's fine.  Some don't consider them sexual, and that's fine.   

Here's an idea.....why don't we just let people be what they want to be?  Pressuring someone into "making a commitment" is bullshit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well I've been back in nappies full-time for over a month now.  Like you I thought that it was very possible that I'd get tired of the experience but I'm surprised that that didn't happen.  They're just an alternative type of underwear really so not worth getting obsessed about.  However for me the the knowledge that I'm protected from accidents and the warm glow that I feel when I'm wetting continue to give me comfort and happiness.

Clearly there are thousands of people all over the world who (quite understandably) feel miserable and upset because of incontinence.  My prayers mainly go towards those who live in poverty and would be much happier if they could spend their incontinence supplies money on something else.  But for now my nappies and all of my baby paraphernalia help me feel safe and relaxed when I'm at home (which is always good) and I don't have to worry about sitting on yucky public toilet seats when I'm away from home either.

27 minutes ago, dyperbole said:

Here's an idea.....why don't we just let people be what they want to be?  Pressuring someone into "making a commitment" is bullshit.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm not in diapers 24/7 because my Daddy had me try it and I really didn't like it. I found it got hot, irritating and in general was unpleasant. I also prefer not to wet my diapers, I just dont like the feeling at all.

As for "if you have a kink jump in and make a commitment", well, I don't have to and it doesn't make me any better or any worse. Having a kink doesn't mean you have to indulge it 24/7, that's potentially unhealthy behaviour. Some people enjoy 24/7 wearing and others don't, how about not judging people for living their own life in the way that makes the most sense for THEM, just a thought.

Little kaiya 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Snugglebear_69 said:

How about not judging people for living their own life in the way that makes the most sense for THEM, just a thought.

Little kaiya 

Yes.  We're all here for different reasons but saying that somebody else's diaper habbits are daft is not healthy for this community.  Everyone's situation is different.

I liked your post ThomasInWVa, i like the way you have subverted the narrative although it does seem to have triggered some.

I cant see where th op has said that ' somebody elses diaper habbits are daft' nor do i read any  'judgement of others for living life their way' and i dont read it as 'pressuring someone...'

It is interesting that others reactions are so defensive.

Maly.

Seems my question didn't come across the way I intended.

I'm pretty much only on the incon boards. They seem to be filled with AB/DLs looking for a "reason" to be allowed to wear/use diapers. As though they need permission.

I'm asking, why not just go ahead? No one really  needs permission. 

Honesty, it did occur to me that there were ab/dls that didn't want to be 24/7. It actually makes a lot of sense though.

• Like 1

I feel a that one glaring reason is missing here- cost. Diapers (especially good ones) are not cheap. Being 24/7 is often 5+ dollars a day, based on what which diapers you wear, how much urine your body produces, and costs of wipes, powders, creams, etc.

And to the people who argue "you save money on plumbing costs!" Well, not really. A gallon of municipal water is a fraction of a cent and most modern toilets require around 5 (or less) to flush, which doesn't even compare to the costs of diapers.

So there are many people who would love to be 24/7 but can't afford to or can't justify the cost on a limited budget.

Another small reason is healthcare providers. Most doctors are going to assume that you have a serious health issue that needs to be fixed. Might not be a fun conversation.

25 minutes ago, lord.bill said:

I feel a that one glaring reason is missing here- cost. Diapers (especially good ones) are not cheap. Being 24/7 is often 5+ dollars a day, based on what which diapers you wear, how much urine your body produces, and costs of wipes, powders, creams, etc.

And to the people who argue "you save money on plumbing costs!" Well, not really. A gallon of municipal water is a fraction of a cent and most modern toilets require around 5 (or less) to flush, which doesn't even compare to the costs of diapers.

So there are many people who would love to be 24/7 but can't afford to or can't justify the cost on a limited budget.

Another small reason is healthcare providers. Most doctors are going to assume that you have a serious health issue that needs to be fixed. Might not be a fun conversation.

Yea, cost is a big barrier.

Most doctors I've dealt with ignore the diapers and incontinence. Nursing staff suggest hospital diapers but were ok with me using mine. We're very happy to let me handle my own changes. Most medical staff dismiss it. 

One CNA mentioned that most on the ward don't wear underwear and all beds have many pads on them, not just mine. 

I do wear 24/7 and even though I have written I stopped wearing or wore less, I wore during the night in those periods, and that is only cause of cost 

If I were incontinent I would get free diapers and cost would not be an issue 

4 hours ago, ThomasInWVa said:

Seems my question didn't come across the way I intended.

I'm pretty much only on the incon boards. They seem to be filled with AB/DLs looking for a "reason" to be allowed to wear/use diapers. As though they need permission.

Ah. Perhaps you should have provided this information first.

IMHO, ABDLs that are not incontinent have no business posting to a strictly vanilla incontinence forum ever.  There was a recent post on Reddit that pretty much covers the issue. I'd tell any non-incontinent ABDL that posts to incon boards to GTFO, but that's just me.

The ones here on Daily Diapers are meant to include ABDLs, so if any ABDL wants to find out something about incontinence, this is the place to do it.  

• Like 1

Cost mainly.

But even if I could afford it I probably wouldn't do it. I like nappies to feel special or fun, the last thing I want to do is normalise them or get tired of them. I know that would happen as well because I had a stint of wearing nonstop when I had some control issues and when I got back to normal I didn't wear a single nappy for over 18 months before the desire came back.

• Like 3

I honestly have no desire to be wearing 24/7. Sure, my girlfriend and I have talked about maybe having like a day/weekend where I'm wearing constantly, but every day of every week? That's not for me. I'll admit that I would get bored or overexposed to the lifestyle. I've discovered that having a decent balance is extremely healthy for me.  

And to @Elfy's point, the cost would be insane. 

• Like 1
On 10/29/2019 at 2:19 PM, dyperbole said:

Because I don't wanna.

I like wearing diapers.  I have a diaper fetish.  I wear a diaper most every night to bed.  And that scratches the itch.

I can wear diapers any time I want to, and I do.  

There are times I don't want to wear a diaper for any  number of reasons.  Mostly it comes down to the fact that wearing a diaper at that particular time is more of an annoyance than pleasurable, such as going for a run.  Other times wearing a diaper just isn't as pleasurable as I want it to be.  Even a 24 hour orgasm would grow old after a while.

If someone wants to wear diapers all the time, great for them.  But I'm just as much of an ABDL as anyone else here, and I don't wear them all the time.  No one is the quintessential ABDL -- we come in all shapes, sizes, genders, etc.  Some don't even use their diapers, and that's fine.  Some don't consider them sexual, and that's fine.   

On 10/29/2019 at 10:59 PM, Elfy said:

Cost mainly.

But even if I could afford it I probably wouldn't do it. I like nappies to feel special or fun, the last thing I want to do is normalise them or get tired of them. I know that would happen as well because I had a stint of wearing nonstop when I had some control issues and when I got back to normal I didn't wear a single nappy for over 18 months before the desire came back.

I do not ever want to wear 24/7 or be incontinent.  I like wearing diapers now and then for personal fun and enjoyment.  Just because someone likes to wear diapers doesn't mean they want to or have to or should just wear them all the time.  You may have to wear a suit and tie to work or church and you may like dressing up for those occasions, but does that mean you have to wear a suit 24/7?  No jeans, shorts, t-shirts?  I'm with dyperbole and Elfy.  I enjoy the times when I wear diapers but I also have a life outside the fetish!  I sound like a broken record, but I believe in a normal healthy balance between regular life and a fetish.  Sometimes people can become fanatical about something they enjoy.  I hate it when you go to a gathering and there is one person who talks only about his football team and nothing else.  Someone who golfs 36 holes 5 times a week and then that's all he can talk about.  Hobbies and favorite activities are fine, but they shouldn't control your life.  I have many hobbies and activities and while I can do some of them while diapered, I prefer to keep my interests separate.  If you don't, it's possible that you can lose control of your fetish.  You start staying home instead of going out with friends because you want to wear your diapers and all.  Soon you may make that decision that you want to just wear 24/7 all the time.  If that's what you want, fine.  I personally don't think that is a healthy lifestyle if the fetish has taken control of you.  Also as Elfy said, I like my diaper times to be special.  Something I can look forwards to in anticipation to make it even that more special when the time comes.  Some people have gotten into the mindset of diapers being so fun that they relish every moment, every wetting, every messing and every diaper change 24/7.  To many who are actually incontinent and need diapers they have said it just becomes normal, routine and sometimes a task that they just have to do as well as inconvenient and a drag at times.  The joy and fun has tarnished a bit when it's a daily routine instead of a fun thing to look forwards to now and then.  Just because you have a kink, that doesn't mean you have to jump in and do it 24/7.  You like to roll play with your wife with whips, chains, french maid outfits, all that when you have sex in your bedroom.  That's a kink.  You going to be grocery shopping at Walmart wearing the french maid outfit with your handcuffs, whips and dildos?  See, just because you like something doesn't mean you want to or it's prudent or a good idea to go full in and do it 24/7 committing your life to it!

• Like 1
On 10/29/2019 at 12:04 PM, ThomasInWVa said:

Why are you not wearing diapers 24/7?

Several reasons, I think.  

• the expense
  • some days it isn't convenient
  • some days I'm just not in the mood
    On 10/29/2019 at 9:59 PM, Elfy said:

I like nappies to feel special or fun, the last thing I want to do is normalise them or get tired of them.

Yes. This is true for me. I love chocolate, for example. And chocolate mousse is one of my favorite desserts. But I think it would lose its specialty if I had it every day for dessert. And the analogy is apropos here because the recipe I use is pretty expensive, calling as it does for some pretty spendy liqueur.

• Like 2

I don't want to risk my career or relationship with family etc. Also I think it does lose its magic a bit if it's continuous (the chocolate analogy is a good one), along with potential hygiene and skincare issues etc... not ruling it out one day (e.g. when I'm retired) but the balance is about right for me at the moment.

• Like 2
On 10/30/2019 at 3:04 AM, ThomasInWVa said:

If I'm off base or you ARE a 24/7  DL, or even AB, please comment your story.  (Seriously, a 24/7 AB, as strange as that is,  would be fascinating.)

But please,  no fantasy stories. 

DL, 7 months on this stretch and around 9.5 months YTD.  Not a fantasy story at all (you can tell, it's too boring and not a single nubile young "aunty" to come and change me!):

I guess different folks need different balances in their lives and also have to cope with different circumstances, the bottom line for which is that some people can't get the diaper time they need to scratch that itch and look for support and advice.  That's ok.

I don't think 24/7 is some kind of "ultimate win" however with associated "success" or "failure" (you didn't say that but it's another common correlation with 24/7 discussion so I just put that out there ? ).  I think it's really a "whatever" thing.

• Like 1

It's the public stigma associated with it.  They think you need to get help or can't be helped.  They think your a baby and all the things associated with it: can't talk, can't think, make a mess, can't help yourself.  It's joked about at least once a week at work about needing them in old age.  It sounds like you have one foot in the grave.  That you will smell funny and stink up the room.

I find them hot and uncomfortable after x hours.  They start to rub and chaff.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, JamieJamie said:

I would love to  but can't due to being a DL is a private matter in my life.  If I reveal it, it would not be very good for me family wise.  That is okay cuz it can be fun keeping it a secret.

This says it all. Unless you live alone 24/7, it is nearly impossible to change a diaper and then if you wear disposables, get rid of it without someone finding out. I wear cloth, which would be equally difficult to change, wash and store. I do wear around other people, but I have to be ALONE in my house to change and do laundry. I can only do it part-time because my brother is at my house in the evenings when he gets home from work. By then, I'm back at Mom's house. I do wear a diaper overnight but don't actually "use" it. I put on a fresh (cloth) diaper with a booster and soakers early in the morning and leave for my house after breakfast once my brother leaves for work. (Our houses are around the corner from each other). I have lunch at Mom's house and wear a (clean) diaper then and it's back to my house until just before dinner.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, 2sail2 said:

It's the public stigma associated with it.  They think you need to get help or can't be helped.  They think your a baby and all the things associated with it: can't talk, can't think, make a mess, can't help yourself.  It's joked about at least once a week at work about needing them in old age.  It sounds like you have one foot in the grave.  That you will smell funny and stink up the room.

I find them hot and uncomfortable after x hours.  They start to rub and chaff.  

I've been with my current employer for over 6 years and no one knows I'm wearing a diaper. As I'm using high quality disposables and change at lunch, there are no odors or leaks. If I know I cannot change at lunch, I'll wear plastic pants and can go 8-10 hours and know I wont have a leak. Modern adult diapers are so well made, I don't worry about skin issue and can easily go 8 hours with no concern. Unlike years ago when all options were limited. Cloth is absolutely the worst to wear and will lead to all sorts of skin issues and comfort was impossible.

At this point, diapers are so old-hat, they are a non issue.

At some level, I hope people joke about adult diapers at work. I'd be dialing my lawyer immediately. 

16 hours ago, ThomasInWVa said:

I've been with my current employer for over 6 years and no one knows I'm wearing a diaper. As I'm using high quality disposables and change at lunch, there are no odors or leaks. If I know I cannot change at lunch, I'll wear plastic pants and can go 8-10 hours and know I wont have a leak. Modern adult diapers are so well made, I don't worry about skin issue and can easily go 8 hours with no concern. Unlike years ago when all options were limited. Cloth is absolutely the worst to wear and will lead to all sorts of skin issues and comfort was impossible.

At this point, diapers are so old-hat, they are a non issue.

At some level, I hope people joke about adult diapers at work. I'd be dialing my lawyer immediately. 

Which is why after 6 years some people may actually know you wear diapers but will not say anything about it.  HR, disability rights and just plain politeness.  They probably think so highly of you that they wouldn't bring up such a delicate subject.

my standard wardrobe wont allow it, that and id be discovered relatively quickly and im still trying to keep things on the down low. 

if i lived alone, if i moved away, if i could make major life altering decisions then would wear 24/7 but still not use 24/7. IC is not the dream for me.

so now im just biding time until then.