LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How to control this fetish ?

What’s some good ways to control this fetish? Here recently I’ve been finding myself getting to a point where it’s hard to concentrate on other aspects of life and thinking about diapers a lot more and staying aroused a lot more and such. Don’t get me wrong I love diapers and thus fetish, but I don’t want it controlling me lol...

1. Develop outside interests and activities

2. Imposion therapy: Wallow in it to the point where you get sick of it. That will dial it back somewhat

It is a tricky question to answer for I really think it will differ from person to person. From my own experience I can only say it got better when I embraced and accepted the fact that love to wear and use diapers. There is one big difference between you and I, that is, if I understood your question correctly, wearing diapers doesn’t arouse me. Like you the thoughts of diapers were always in the back of my mind, this started at an early age. As time went on the thoughts and desires intensified until it was no longer funny, by now some 22 years ago. The thoughts and the nagging feelings that came with it started to intervene with my daily activities, consuming a lot of energy. I allowed myself to go with the flow and shortly after I started to wear more frequently eventually turned into 24/7. If I am not diapered for one reason or another which is a rare occurrence the nagging feeling kicks in within a matter of hours. Being diapered I feel I function just as good as everyone else, I feel in control and above all I feel complete.

How often do you wear or otherwise engage in the fetish? Self-denial is distracting.

Conversely, the more your wear and engage in other ABDL activities, the more it becomes a normal part of your routine. It stops being something distracting.

I honestly could not control this fetish until I gave in and started wearing diapers permanently.  Before this choice all I could think about was diapers when not in them.  It consumed me mentally and effected my relationship with both my wife and children.  Now I am diapered all the time and my mind can focus on the important things in my life.

I found balance by offering my submission to my Daddy and having him accept that gift by lovingly collaring me. My Daddy controls when I wear so he ensures it is a healthy balance that keeps me calm and controlled.

He does an amazing job of balancing big/little time and also balancing our various kinks in the bedroom so nothing gets stale. Having Him lovingly set that pace, supported by my Wife means I dont have to think about it the way that I did originally, I am just free to be me and know that He will keep me from obsessing or ignoring the desires ??

Little kaiya

There’s a broad spectrum of human behaviour and I’m well aware that my circumstances may well not be your circumstances.

But, I’ll put it out there anyway.

When I was in my 20s, I too thought I had a “fetish”.  The conflation of sex and diapers actually worked extremely well.

A couple of decades later, when testosterone levels had dropped, I realised I probably did NOT have a fetish.  I don’t think fetishes manifest in toddlers, motivate behaviours 24 hours per day, 7 days per week or unrelentingly persist outside the context of sexual arousal or activity.

For me at least, this is more like a dysphoria the therapy for which is to be diapered.  It does not stop, it does not fade, it must be dealt with as the alternative for me appeared to be elevating anxiety and ever-darkening depression.

I’ve been 24/7 off and on for around 10 months now.  One of my thoughts was that a bout of 24/7 might flood this out of me (@Little Christine's “implosion therapy”).  So far that hasn’t occurred, I’ve probably just been a bit more relaxed.  Maybe that will happen and that will be ok if it does.

I’m not about to tell somebody to go 24/7, it’s less-than-convenient at times and you’ve got a lot of living in front of you that would be more easily done outside of diapers.  Maybe you just need more time in them however.  I’d be wary of the idea that you can ignore or expunge this though: you have to give it room, it's a part of you and it won't like being squashed into a small box.

I agree with all the above posters...but I did notice something as well, from my own experiances. To me it just sounds like you were suffering through a typical "binge" cycle....been there done that. I have had this happen and yes it is VERY distracting, but when it happens, it just tells me I am binging....mentally. To avoid this, or keep it more...manageable, I wear whenever I can, or as needed, to keep things under control. The implosion therapy basically in action. I really try to not let inanimate objects run my life, just a decision I made quite a while ago, and it has generally worked well, but that is my tactic.....might not work for everyone. 

So, basically to answer your question, it really comes down to management, how you manage your desires and interests and not let it run you, or your life. Allow time for it (play time) and make a conscious decision 

about who or what is in control, and if needed..... Just wear until the urge "breaks" or wears off. That's all I really do, but mostly I wear when I want..... And it doesn't get to the level of "need" or "demand", so I remain as balanced as possible. I also have a lot of outside interests that keep me busy which helps. 

Hope this helps in some way.....enjoy!!

Qwack

21 hours ago, iweardiapers said:

What’s some good ways to control this fetish? Here recently I’ve been finding myself getting to a point where it’s hard to concentrate on other aspects of life and thinking about diapers a lot more and staying aroused a lot more and such. Don’t get me wrong I love diapers and thus fetish, but I don’t want it controlling me lol...

Lots of good tips here.  I think the older you get the easier it is as perhaps your libido isn't as strong as when you are in your 20's and 30"s.  I sound like a broken record but I have always believed in a good healthy balance between diaper lifestyle and regular life.  When you stop going out with friends and doing things you used to because you would rather stay home all the time and wear diapers, then it's taken control and you are no longer in control yourself.  The more you do it, the more you want to do it and even to the point you start wearing to work because you like it so much. If that doesn't bother you and that's what you want, fine.

When you say, "What’s some good ways to control this fetish?,  it’s hard to concentrate on other aspects of life,  I love diapers and thus fetish, but I don’t want it controlling me", you are asking for some help to balance diapers and the rest of your life.  Have hobbies and activities and also friends you can do things with after work or on weekends.  Keep active with other interests.  Pick times where you decide to wear diapers or have diaper times and stick to those times.  Hold firm and don't give in to wearing a diaper even if you have the evening to yourself if it is not a day you had planned on ahead of time.   Maybe a couple evenings a week or a day off on the weekend.  Go all out with whatever you like to do in diapers and enjoy yourself, but then the next day it should be back to normal.  Be flexible as well.  If you have planned a diaper night and something comes up where a friend wants you to do something with him, take advantage of that distraction and move your diaper night to another day.  I've found the more I wear diapers all the time the more I want to, but if I go a week or more without wearing a diaper, the desires to do so are not as strong, even if I do surf Daily Diapers and read the posts.  I also know when I have planned a special diaper day ahead of time, it makes it all the more fun to look forwards to it in anticipation and more enjoyable over all when I finally get to that day and put on my diapers.

9 hours ago, square_duck said:

I agree with all the above posters...but I did notice something as well, from my own experiances. To me it just sounds like you were suffering through a typical "binge" cycle....been there done that. I have had this happen and yes it is VERY distracting, but when it happens, it just tells me I am binging....mentally. To avoid this, or keep it more...manageable, I wear whenever I can, or as needed, to keep things under control. The implosion therapy basically in action. I really try to not let inanimate objects run my life, just a decision I made quite a while ago, and it has generally worked well, but that is my tactic.....might not work for everyone. 

So, basically to answer your question, it really comes down to management, how you manage your desires and interests and not let it run you, or your life. Allow time for it (play time) and make a conscious decision 

about who or what is in control, and if needed..... Just wear until the urge "breaks" or wears off. That's all I really do, but mostly I wear when I want..... And it doesn't get to the level of "need" or "demand", so I remain as balanced as possible. I also have a lot of outside interests that keep me busy which helps. 

Hope this helps in some way.....enjoy!!

Qwack

I’ve definitely overcome that binge purge cycle aspect thankfully, so munch money wasted when I used to do that lol

On 10/11/2019 at 2:14 PM, iweardiapers said:

Embrace the fetish. Eventually it will feel commonplace. Strike an equal balance with other life responsibilities. I've managed to do this, although I do miss being in diapers when I'm not able to wear.

To clarify in my own mind what people say about embracing the fetish, if you feel it is controlling you, then I say recognizing you have this fetish and always will is a good place to start.  That might be considered embracing it, however you don't always have to act on it and those feelings even if you are embracing and accepting the fact that you have this fetish.  I think of "embracing" more as "giving in" to your fetish.  That can lead to it controlling you, something you don't want.  If you recognize you have this fetish and there isn't anything you can do about it, that could bring some piece of mind in some areas and possibly think, "I don't have to always be thinking about it because I can always come back to it another time.  It's always going to be there".  You can embrace the fetish, and by that I mean you can accept it and feel good about yourself for wearing and thinking about diapers, but I still feel you don't want it controlling you and having problems concentrating on other things like work and normal activities with your friends.  Just have that balance and make sure you do all your regular normal things while making some time for diapers.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

This gets asked from time to time in this community and my answer will always being wearing 24/7 took care of it because I feel happier now and I have a normal brain finally because diapers are no longer on my mind. I still live a normal life wearing wearing them 24/7. 

Talk to a therapist. Most company's or health insurance cover this. I'm not suggesting there is anything wrong but everyone needs to talk things out and a therapist is perfect for that. 

If your obsessing about diapers or anything it's not always healthy. Talk it out can really help.

• Like 1

I agree that obsessing about anything weather it's diapers, golfing, the cute married woman in your office, food, drugs or alcohol is not healthy.  Nothing wrong with enjoying something, but when you become obsessed by it and are constantly thinking about it all the time, it can become a real problem.  For those who don't believe me, I'm going to state an extreme example.   You work at a nuclear plant and your very focused job is monitoring pressure and radiation levels.  You are obsessing about diapers and not giving your job the full concentration it needs.  Next thing you know, there is a major problem and radiation leak or melt down.  True, I gave a "worst case scenario" but even working other jobs an obsession can cause you to make mistakes or get into a car accident because you were not being focused on the task at hand.

1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

I agree that obsessing about anything weather it's diapers, golfing, the cute married woman in your office, food, drugs or alcohol is not healthy.  Nothing wrong with enjoying something, but when you become obsessed by it and are constantly thinking about it all the time, it can become a real problem.  For those who don't believe me, I'm going to state an extreme example.   You work at a nuclear plant and your very focused job is monitoring pressure and radiation levels.  You are obsessing about diapers and not giving your job the full concentration it needs.  Next thing you know, there is a major problem and radiation leak or melt down.  True, I gave a "worst case scenario" but even working other jobs an obsession can cause you to make mistakes or get into a car accident because you were not being focused on the task at hand.

In my situation, by making the choice to wear diapers all the time I would be MUCH more focused to handle the nuclear meltdown than if I did not.

On 1/5/2020 at 9:28 AM, BBoy said:

Talk to a therapist. Most company's or health insurance cover this. I'm not suggesting there is anything wrong but everyone needs to talk things out and a therapist is perfect for that. 

If your obsessing about diapers or anything it's not always healthy. Talk it out can really help.

Sometimes this can be solved with switching to wearing 24/7. There is nothing wrong with 24/7 diaper life style. At the end they are just another type of underwear and they should not affect your lifestyle. 

19 hours ago, rusty pins said:

And that can be solved with switching to them 24/7 and you no longer obsess about them. Now you finally have a normal brain. 

On 1/3/2020 at 9:34 PM, Nat said:

This gets asked from time to time in this community and my answer will always being wearing 24/7 took care of it because I feel happier now and I have a normal brain finally because diapers are no longer on my mind. I still live a normal life wearing wearing them 24/7. 

That was one of the keys for me.  Rosalie discusses this in her books, and it made sense to me.  It removed the conflict, and made me a calmer, and more functional adult.     I don't wear them ALL the time, but way more than just nights.   I rarely soil my diapers with a good 95% of my BMs in the toilet.  It's still very hard for me to poop in a diaper.  Truthfully, I have a hard enough time doing it in the toilet. but wet diapers are a fact of life.   I rarely use the toilet for pee.   When standing- I pee without much conscious thought.

Perspective and dividing myself more has been helping me live a better life. But I'm on the spectrum of dissociative disorders. So, here's something weird that I hope might be helpful.

I used to only have 2 parts to my personality: a regressive diaper-wearing part and an adult part who works & socializes. Life was an unpleasant cycle of burning out as an adult & recovering as a toddler. 

Since recognizing & going up to 7 identities I've lived a more fun & balanced life.

Instead of a 50/50 split between Big & little or trying to navigate life in little mode I maintain a 7 way split between work, writing & gaming, community service, romance, pet play, counter-culture art, and littlehood.

When my little part is out it's all diapers, cute clothes, and activities with other littles. When my counter-culture part is out it's all skirts, chain smoking, and niche art galleries.

At it's best formerly forgotten or neglected parts of me get body time & fulfillment on their own.

At it's worst it's like sharing a car between seven roommates who sometimes trash the thing or run it out of gas.

Mileage may vary.